Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 785 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend
2. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend May 15, 2014, 19:55 Mordecai Walfish

I was a big fan of chivalry but stopped playing due to poor development and persistent issues since launch.

For example, whenever steam updates the game, the config for the entire thing is reset to default. This has easily happened 10-20 times since I've had chivalry. Most people wouldnt have a problem with this, but I do not use QWERTY so it is *very* annoying to have to reset every single key in the game when it updates. I actually started screenshotting the configs to match them up quickly to the old one and be done with it after an update.. but really, this shit should have been fixed years ago.

As for deadliest warrior, I havent played that, but I hear it has the same inherent issues. Last time I played chivalry I did see 2 new maps though, which is nice considering how many millions they made off this buggy POS. Kind of a slap in the face they even released deadliest warrior without fixing Chivalry first, and even then ignoring it afterwards.

And then there's the updates themselves.. instead of just updating relevant parts, it downloads the whole fucking game every time. What a god damn waste.

Last little bit that put me over the edge is hearing about them selling skins for your ingame character at $8 a pop.

It's overly obvious that they have some fucking terrible devs behind chivalry. Shame too, because the game is quite fun when you get past the bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization May 14, 2014, 15:34 Mordecai Walfish

InBlack wrote on May 14, 2014, 10:10:
I walk to work, so I guess you have a point. I wasnt talking about cutting loose though, although thats part of it, simply driving is pleasurable for me. I dont know why that is.

ForgedReality wrote on May 14, 2014, 10:14:
I love driving, no matter what I'm doing. I don't even mind traffuck. I just love to drive. If you don't like driving, you're driving the wrong car.

Driving with good music is one of my zen places. Completely agree.

News Comments > Titanfall Expedition DLC Tomorrow
4. Re: Titanfall Expedition DLC Tomorrow May 14, 2014, 14:32 Mordecai Walfish

DangerDog wrote on May 14, 2014, 13:40:
I wonder how ridiculously huge of an install this is going to be.

The original install for this thing was fucking massive because of that uncompressed audio.. They could have made an entire single player campaign with that amount of space but decided to use it for uncompressed audio, LOL

I wonder if this DLC includes more of this strange uncompressed audio book they shoveled in with the original release? Hopefully not.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 101 Trailer
4. Re: Watch Dogs 101 Trailer May 13, 2014, 22:06 Mordecai Walfish

Found this for $41

Does anyone here have experience with this site? It was linked from kinguin.us

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 13, 2014, 21:05 Mordecai Walfish

The premium subscription is only if you want to go onto citadel's official "shard" servers. For community servers & shards (of which you get your own to run for the price of purchase) the only thing that you pay is the cost of the game, and you have unlimited access without any subscription.

A more sandbox-like ultima online sounds like a helluva lot of fun to me. I plunked down for the $20 tier.. being an alpha tester & longtime player of ultima online I have a soft spot in my heart for games like this =)

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
48. Re: Morning Consolidation May 13, 2014, 16:20 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on May 13, 2014, 15:31:

Here's the original Steel Battalion controller. They should have stuck with it instead of trying to make it work with Kinect. I was a huge MechWarrior player back in the day and would have died for a controller like this.

The Mek-Fu is a pretty interesting control interface as well, which I would have been amazing for mechwarrior. The razer artemis looked like a cool concept, but required PGI to produce a decent product with mechwarrior online for razer to actually ship the artemis. As of now MWO looks like a failure, and this one will never see the light of day.

44. Re: Morning Consolidation May 13, 2014, 15:57 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on May 13, 2014, 15:02:

I'm much less happy than you are. 1 console getting its ass kicked is fine when there are two healthy ones. We don't have two healthy ones. We have one DOA, one floundering, and one thriving.

Last generation was pretty ideal, to me. One kind of wasn't playing the same game, and the other two were essentially neck-and-neck worldwide.

I agree that healthy competition is necessary for a truly thriving console market, but Microsoft is now in a position where it is re-thinking the xBox1 platform and realizing that they have alienated their core audience. They need this wakeup call in order to (hopefully) get back on the right track. Just like pretty much everything Microsoft ships, it was somewhat of a disaster that will take them years to clean up.

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Adds "Extreme" Frame Rate Support
22. Re: Titanfall Patch Adds May 13, 2014, 15:51 Mordecai Walfish

HoSpanky wrote on May 13, 2014, 14:53:
Who makes your monitor? Mine is an LG, but runs at 60hz, hadn't really heard of any 120 or 144 monitors that were IPS, so I haven't even bothered to look. Also, my machine is designed to stay QUIET, and running a higher max fps means more work. At 60 fps, neither video card has to work very hard, and my framerates very VERY rarely dip below that solid 60.

Altho I think, in the end, the Oculus is going to be deciding what upgrades I need (if any).

http://www.blurbusters.com/overclock/120hz-1440p-ips-monitors/

33. Re: Morning Consolidation May 13, 2014, 14:42 Mordecai Walfish

So now they have an equally priced console.. but at what true cost? The common perception is that they have a compromised vision now, with less impressive hardware that could easily have matched or surpassed it's rival if they would have invested more into making it a fucking games machine and not a set-top box.

The choice is obvious for PS4 this console generation. Personally, I'm glad to see Microsoft in full panic mode, as the xBox1 ship sinks. They made some terrible choices and thoroughly deserve the criticism and poor sales they are getting in response.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted
28. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 12:39 Mordecai Walfish

Looks like it't not going to happen (big surprise there..)

From the neogaf thread:

"I emailed the Windows Compatibility Centre via the Partner Submission portal yesterday. I asked if Red Dead Redemption was an actual program officially submitted by Rockstar Games or Microsoft. I also asked if its possible to submit an app under a company you have no affiliation with like the Super Mario Bros. X game. I asked them to verify Red Dead Redemption from Rockstar before emailing me back.

This is the response I received this morning:

"My apologies for the mistake.
I have removed this game from the catalog and should possibly get removed from Windows Compatibility Center by 5/13 or latest by 5/14."

That's it. The representative didn't say if it was official or not. Just that's its listing was a mistake. "

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
27. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 12, 2014, 22:59 Mordecai Walfish

NKD wrote on May 11, 2014, 17:19:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 11, 2014, 12:23:
I miss the Nintendo vs Sega days..

I don't. Console exclusives being constant rather than an exception was lame as fuck. You basically HAD to have both consoles or you were missing out.

A valid point. That part I certainly do not miss.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted
14. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 12, 2014, 22:53 Mordecai Walfish

My guess is Rockstar will announce GTAV on "next gen" platforms @ E3 (PS4, XB1 & PC). I'm hoping for this, anyway. Guessing release might be a year from the release of the original, maybe in an effort to make buyers of the original not feel ripped-off that a better version is out so soon. Maybe they also want to let the DLC run its course on the current consoles first before releasing a newer version, hoping a lot of people will re-buy for the better graphics and added content.

Waiting a year to release this update also benefits them because of much greater system adoption for the new consoles after they've been out for a year, as well..

I really don't want to have to buy a console to play GTA5, lol.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
53. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 05:33 Mordecai Walfish

Yeah. 'bout time we stop with all the dull n' generic zombie apocalypse simulations and get something truly groundbreaking and original in these charts.. you know.. like another military shooter! da-hurrrrp

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
23. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 11, 2014, 12:23 Mordecai Walfish

avianflu wrote on May 11, 2014, 10:53:
It is a darned shame that both new consoles arent more hardware kickass.

This may be the first time that I dont bother with a console, which is saying something.

360/ps3 was my first console generation I skipped since the NES. I miss the Nintendo vs Sega days.. MS vs Sony is much less interesting

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
7. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 11:45 Mordecai Walfish

another game to add to my origin freebie accounts! Never played pvz, but heard good things =)  

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
19. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 14:07 Mordecai Walfish

Played the beta & its boring as hell.. just the generic feeling of starting with the two different classes i played and their cookie-cutter starting areas was my first introduction to the utter blandness of this game.. and it doesnt stray far from generic mmo formula anywhere i saw, playing over level 15 with 2 chars.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 6, 2014, 08:30 Mordecai Walfish

harlock wrote on May 6, 2014, 03:21:
Fantaz wrote on May 6, 2014, 01:27:
i want GTA5 to come out on PC so i can play it with KB+M, like i did playing with all the past GTA games that got ported to PC.

anything with a camera needs a mouse to control it.

i actually use both for gta.. kbm for on foot, controller for vehicles

Ditto. Driving in GTA is too much fun with a controller to use KB/M for it, but once I started playing SA:MP & GTA4 I started to use kb/m on foot for better aiming control in order no not get annihilated online

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 5, 2014, 12:55 Mordecai Walfish

Alamar wrote on May 5, 2014, 11:33:
I had put off getting a controller for years, until Dark Souls, so I've never even tried to play this one with KB/M, and now that I'm a convert, I just can't ever see not doing it like this. Which is also true for a bunch of other games I've had over the years...

Gamepads are just better for some games, and playing them feels better with them in the long run. Both the 360 controller and PS3 controllers were fantastic and work flawlessly in windows, and I actually think I prefer the PS3 controller over the 360 controller. In racing games x360 controller is better, but that's about it. Between those two and my arcade stick, PC gaming wins at the stuff consoles do and so very much more. Now if it wasnt for those damn exclusives making me want to buy a friggin console.. like GTA5.. grrrr

News Comments > Infinity Ward and Neversoft Merging
2. Re: Infinity Ward and Neversoft Merging May 4, 2014, 22:54 Mordecai Walfish

Tony Hawk's Extreme Call of Duty Underground XXIV!  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 2, 2014, 02:36 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on May 2, 2014, 01:12:
Beamer wrote on May 2, 2014, 01:06:
Reopening an accidentally closed tab seems much harder.

Right click on any tab "Open closed tab" (paraphrased, my firefox is obviously not in english ,p)

How else did you do that before the update?

"Undo Closed Tab".

Neat, I've never noticed that before, always went to the recently viewed list, which is a bit more of a pain to get to than it used to be, but that's not much of a problem with that right-click shortcut. Thanks!

785 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo