Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 771 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
7. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 11:45 Mordecai Walfish

another game to add to my origin freebie accounts! Never played pvz, but heard good things =)  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
19. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 14:07 Mordecai Walfish

Played the beta & its boring as hell.. just the generic feeling of starting with the two different classes i played and their cookie-cutter starting areas was my first introduction to the utter blandness of this game.. and it doesnt stray far from generic mmo formula anywhere i saw, playing over level 15 with 2 chars.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 6, 2014, 08:30 Mordecai Walfish

harlock wrote on May 6, 2014, 03:21:
Fantaz wrote on May 6, 2014, 01:27:
i want GTA5 to come out on PC so i can play it with KB+M, like i did playing with all the past GTA games that got ported to PC.

anything with a camera needs a mouse to control it.

i actually use both for gta.. kbm for on foot, controller for vehicles

Ditto. Driving in GTA is too much fun with a controller to use KB/M for it, but once I started playing SA:MP & GTA4 I started to use kb/m on foot for better aiming control in order no not get annihilated online

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 5, 2014, 12:55 Mordecai Walfish

Alamar wrote on May 5, 2014, 11:33:
I had put off getting a controller for years, until Dark Souls, so I've never even tried to play this one with KB/M, and now that I'm a convert, I just can't ever see not doing it like this. Which is also true for a bunch of other games I've had over the years...

Gamepads are just better for some games, and playing them feels better with them in the long run. Both the 360 controller and PS3 controllers were fantastic and work flawlessly in windows, and I actually think I prefer the PS3 controller over the 360 controller. In racing games x360 controller is better, but that's about it. Between those two and my arcade stick, PC gaming wins at the stuff consoles do and so very much more. Now if it wasnt for those damn exclusives making me want to buy a friggin console.. like GTA5.. grrrr

News Comments > Infinity Ward and Neversoft Merging
2. Re: Infinity Ward and Neversoft Merging May 4, 2014, 22:54 Mordecai Walfish

Tony Hawk's Extreme Call of Duty Underground XXIV!  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 2, 2014, 02:36 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on May 2, 2014, 01:12:
Beamer wrote on May 2, 2014, 01:06:
Reopening an accidentally closed tab seems much harder.

Right click on any tab "Open closed tab" (paraphrased, my firefox is obviously not in english ,p)

How else did you do that before the update?

"Undo Closed Tab".

Neat, I've never noticed that before, always went to the recently viewed list, which is a bit more of a pain to get to than it used to be, but that's not much of a problem with that right-click shortcut. Thanks!

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
32. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 17:39 Mordecai Walfish

BicycleRepairMan wrote on May 1, 2014, 17:23:
And yeah, this is kinda late, but I remember an aprils fool joke on a gaming site ages ago, where the gag was that id was gonna do product placements in Quake, and we all laughed our asses off at the idea.. now John f'in Carmack works for FACEBOOK. he actually works for facebook, and now hes being sued by a shitty, greedy company of laywers that bought id software before he left.. for FACEBOOK. Jesus Christ.
'

I believe that April Fools Joke's name was Quake Live. They did the in-game advertisement thing for a short while and it was a terrible failure.

To me the most interesting thing about this story is that Zenimax claims they have signed documents giving them ownership of this. I'm looking forward to hearing more details about the content of these documents.. Deal

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
26. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 03:36 Mordecai Walfish

This looks like it would be very boring in 'stealth mode'. Mayhem all the way! I couldn't imagine myself playing Wolfenstein any other way..  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Season Pass Details
12. Re: Watch Dogs Season Pass Details Apr 29, 2014, 14:19 Mordecai Walfish

Season pass eh? Does that mean it's only good for Summer if I buy it now or can I save it for fall/winter when I'll have more time to play?  

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
41. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 22:14 Mordecai Walfish

Quboid wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 17:29:
Reagle, seriously?

This loser needs to get banned from the forums, the copy/paste repost crap is getting old

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Issues
12. Re: Dark Souls II PC Issues Apr 26, 2014, 11:07 Mordecai Walfish

PHJF wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 06:59:
Yifes wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 22:40:
Frijoles wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 22:19:
Big soldier guys? Head to the forest. The mobs there are way easier. Unless you mean the pigs in the town.

The big ogre hippo thing... it was worth it though I had less trouble with the asylum demon lol

You are absolutely positively not supposed to be fighting those the first time through things betwixt.

Is there a reward for taking them down like with the asylum demon though?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 22:07 Mordecai Walfish

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 18:36:
Addons I've liked for FF/WF:

Security:
Adblock
NoScript
Ghostery (Still getting a feel for this one)

QOL:
Bookmark All
Custom Tab Width
Smartest Bookmark Bar
Plain ole Favorites
Show My Password
Last Pass

Also a tweak to auto-load the Find Bar at the bottom.

I show Menu, Navigation and Bookmarks Toolbars.

As another said, you can throw out the new default look of all the browsers. Totally un-handy imo, minimalist is look and functionality.

Waterfox may eat up a lot of ram, but I have a lot of ram. So I put some of it to use.

Is bookmark all a plugin to make bookmarks of all tabs? If so, that functionality is already baked into firefox for a while.. just right-click any tab and choose "bookmark all tabs"

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
117. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 16, 2014, 06:15 Mordecai Walfish

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 22:26:
Some people just think that Star Citizen is a SCAM. Taking $50 million of gamers money through Kickstarter fueled by FALSE PROMISES.

Now I know you probably get chills shoot up your leg whenever Roberts tweet a new "feature" that will never get done. Probably ever time there is a Star Citizen video showing a guy getting in a fighter money shoots our your butt.

However, many of us are sick of seeing the same video used over and over and over and we feel its a huge scam.

Sorry we dont get the same tingles in our behind that some get over this game. But its not much more advanced then what a indie with $100,000 could make in 6 months BY HIMSELF.

So then where exactly is the OTHER $49,900,000 dollars? Yachts and hookers is my educated guess. There are many people who have been around alot that are very suspicious of the large claims made. Others its true are giving 1000's of dollars and believe every word he says. Its a bit of a cult of personality and that has many of us on edge.

WTF is up with you and all this talk of chills shooting up dudes legs and behinds whenever I visit a Star Citizen thread? Give it a rest already, troll. You spend wayyy too much time thinking about what other guys' legs and asses feel like. Are you trying to tell us something?

News Comments > Titanfall Update Plans
10. Re: Titanfall Update Plans Apr 16, 2014, 03:35 Mordecai Walfish

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 20:07:
all updates besides map packs will be free

Charging for map packs is the worst thing you can do to an online community.

QFT.

Fragmenting your playerbase like this only helps if you plan on shoveling out a new version every year and would rather have the population die out on the previous rendition because everyone is playing the new one. If any video game designer even remotely considers the "art" of what they do and respects the medium in that light, they would *never* choose to fragment a game's playerbase like map pack DLC always does.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2014, 10:59 Mordecai Walfish

"Here's A Game Where You Pretend To Be An Airplane."

Already got my fill of "pretending to be an airplane" yesterday with the whole USAirways twitter scandal. /giggity

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 12, 2014, 16:56 Mordecai Walfish

Acleacius wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:38:
Everything but PC games?

Noticed that too. Not a very classy move, Newegg.

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
12. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 3, 2014, 19:58 Mordecai Walfish

This is why services like Game Ranger exist. Look there for support for many of the games that Gamespy is dropping  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 2, 2014, 05:53 Mordecai Walfish

InBlack wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 03:15:
Nighthawk wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 21:37:
Task wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 19:37:
Aaaand this is why I'll only own vehicles pre-2000 thank you very much.
Yeah, cars before 2000 never got stolen

What Nighthawk said. Also, wouldnt stealing someone's keys be the same thing as stealing someone's password? That title is also misleading, what the article actually says (unlike the fucking heading) is that what they can do with the password is open the car, they cant actually start it! Fucking journalists. I hate them more with every single fucking day.

The article is titled "Hackers Can Unlock Tesla Cars by Stealing Owners’ Passwords" It didn't say it let them steal the cars. I thought that was pretty clear.

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
31. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 17:37 Mordecai Walfish

This is shaping up very well, indeed. The money is in the right hands & the dream team is assembling. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this released soon  

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
41. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 28, 2014, 08:39 Mordecai Walfish

Killswitch wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 06:33:
You'll want to use Widescreen Fixer for this game because the FOV is horrible.

www.widescreenfixer.org

This seems like a very useful program.. thanks for sharing!

771 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo