Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 910 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned
9. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 26, 2015, 20:39 Mordecai Walfish

I personally dont think theyre going far enough here. I think they should be calling out the online key resellers that these fraudulent keys originated from.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve Free Update Adds Arena Mode
5. Re: Evolve Free Update Adds Arena Mode May 26, 2015, 19:29 Mordecai Walfish

This should be a fun game mode for the ~1000 people still playing this game. Hopefully it doesn't get as stale as the main game mode quickly does. Such a tremendous letdown.  

News Comments > GOG.com Adds Freebies
10. Re: GOG.com Adds Freebies May 23, 2015, 01:46 Mordecai Walfish

LOL you dont gotta take everything, ya know?  

News Comments > AMD Project CARS & Witcher 3 Beta Drivers Coming
3. Re: AMD Project CARS & Witcher 3 Beta Drivers Coming May 21, 2015, 20:05 Mordecai Walfish

My gtx480 is a total fuckin' chick magnet, if not a status symbol. When they hear that puppy whirrin' they get to purrin'  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
24. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 03:56 Mordecai Walfish

InBlack wrote on May 21, 2015, 03:11:
Yeah I dont get it, this is the first game 3d person game Ive tried in a long time which didn't autodetect my gamepad.

Anyway thanks for the help, so either motionjoy or x360ce emulators. Will give them a go.

The game looks great on my huge Plasma, much better than on my monitor, so I want to give it a go with a controller from a more leisurely position.

You wont need motioninjoy unless you are using a PS3 controller. x360ce is what you'll need

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
86. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 22:43 Mordecai Walfish

Heres the Eurogamer article

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 18:46 Mordecai Walfish

harlock wrote on May 20, 2015, 16:50:
InBlack wrote on May 20, 2015, 14:59:
Ok, help me out guys. Im freaking out here and feel like a total noob for not getting this. How the hell can I enable my Logitech Rumblepad 2 to work with the Witcher 3...

The Gamepad works fine in the calibration sofrware in Windows, but for some reason I cant find an option to enable it in game. The game doesnt seem to be autodetecting it....what gives...??

i run a cutdown version of the motionjoy app, lets me use my old PS3 controller in windows, as a xbox360 controller

works perfectly in everything, autodetected all the way, etc. - no issues ever

i advise getting some kind of emulator like that

I use motioninjoy as well.. by cut-down version do you mean a local-mode only version? Also what version do you use and do you have a link to the particular cut-down version you use?

I love motioninjoy for my ps3 controller as its worked flawlessly in games on my PC no matter how old/new they are, but there are some quirks with the version I use and I would like to find a branch version that addresses these issues (issues like using a ps3 bluetooth remote and getting the button mappings to stick to use as a HTPC remote for Kodi, for example). Seems like the original creator of the program isnt updating it anymore..

I just got a dualshock 4 controller to try with GTA V and see if it feels better than the PS3 controller (which without-a-doubt feels better than the 360 controller in GTA V) and am hoping I dont have to uninstall motioninjoy to get that working *fingers crossed*

EDIT: DS4 worked flawlessly with GTA V just plug-and-play, no drivers needed! Still getting used to the smaller analog sticks and the slightly different deadzones, but so far it's a winner! I'll need software for 360 controller emulation down the road, but GTA V supports directinput right out of the box flawlessly. That is a true rarity in today's games.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2015, 23:38.

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
51. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 20, 2015, 03:12 Mordecai Walfish

Slick wrote on May 20, 2015, 02:51:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:39:
The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:18:
But anyone who has been around 10+ years in PC Gaming knows that while AMD has good hardware, they are NOTORIOUS for horrible drivers. Every time I have upgraded my GPU since the good old VOODOO days, this has played a factor into my purchase of NVIDIA cards, and why I will NOT purchase a AMD card.
That and their heat, noise, and power consumption levels are much much higher than Nvidia cards.
I also like some of the bells and whistles Nvidia cards come with like Physx, and shadowplay which I use extensively to record gameplay.

this made me lol, you obviously forgot about Nvidia's roots as the big stinking inefficient monster GPUs of yore. please, don't believe me! enjoy this internal nVidia marketing video

also yes, I also liked physX, they were promising to be the new thing in gaming, a future with molecular physics in all games. Then nVidia bought them out, and now 1 in 100 games has a slightly better looking barrel explosion. the other 99 are untouched. Probably one of the most heartbreaking things to happen to "the future of gaming" since the dawn of the medium.

shadowplay is good though, that's why i bought a 980.

I've got an overclocked GTX 480 in my system currently and the power consumption and heat output on this thing is massive, it's probably the least efficient nvidia GPU from the past 5 years. Still a powerful card though and runs GTA V great on high/very high settings besides the lower res textures.

47. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 19:00 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on May 19, 2015, 17:48:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 19, 2015, 17:31:
You guys may think it's ancient history but amd driver issues are still a thing in this day and age. I helped diagnose one just last week to help a friend get gta V running. solely had to do with amd's silly mishmash of drivers and half-functional features fucking up his system, but luckily other gta V players had figured this one out close to launch and shared the steps online.

You also hear much more about issues with crossfire than sli, and most of the time it's the shitty drivers causing the issue.

I use an AMD cpu on my gaming rig still, and I'm no fanboy for either side, but there are clear advantages to nvidia gpu's, even if they are more expensive.

How odd because a lot of us using AMD cards had ZERO problems. So I'm guessing it's not the card but your buddy's crappy rig and setup.

That's the thing that made me not want to comment here initially.. I don't care for any polarity in this, and you obviously have a stake on a particular side.

The issue was solely a problem with AMD driver compatibility and was in their "game ready" gta V drivers.

I'm sincerely happy that you and your acquaintances are not having any issues with GTA V so far, I hear most people are not. Thank you for the anecdotal evidence there.. I now realize that AMD is bulletproof and I must have been imagining that whole scenario, my bad.

38. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 17:31 Mordecai Walfish

You guys may think it's ancient history but amd driver issues are still a thing in this day and age. I helped diagnose one just last week to help a friend get gta V running. solely had to do with amd's silly mishmash of drivers and half-functional features fucking up his system, but luckily other gta V players had figured this one out close to launch and shared the steps online.

You also hear much more about issues with crossfire than sli, and most of the time it's the shitty drivers causing the issue.

I use an AMD cpu on my gaming rig still, and I'm no fanboy for either side, but there are clear advantages to nvidia gpu's, even if they are more expensive.

News Comments > Open Source MAME
19. Re: Open Source MAME May 18, 2015, 20:06 Mordecai Walfish

shihonage wrote on May 18, 2015, 03:33:
I bet that requires a ping of 30 or below to be even remotely playable.

Actually I've played it with connections of over 100 ms, and as long as youre not playing super competitive twitch fighting games, it works quite well. Played through a couple of the metal slugs with my buddy from alaska, and I've played through a couple games with folks from brazil and japan, with my 20mb cable internet here in the midwest, USA.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
40. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 18, 2015, 19:55 Mordecai Walfish

HorrorScope wrote on May 18, 2015, 12:41:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 17, 2015, 18:05:
Here's a german video that shows many glaring differences from the trailers to release version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS5WHx4xDk

Throw in youtube crap bitrates... I'd put sweet fx on top of the right. It will look plenty good. The draw distance to me is was stood out the most and it wasn't terribad, just a bit more blurry, could be a setting in the file to adjust that as well. But again with Sweetfx, I'll have it looking better than the old demo.

I'm hoping that with the enhanced edition release of Witcher 3 they do the PC justice and not simply make it a "console parity" platform, which is a pretty douchebaggish move from such an established pro-PC games developer.

For me, the worst part of these downgrades are that they visually made the atmosphere unique, and appropriate. The beautiful water shown in trailers, the geometry detail lost at distance, and texture detail downgrades (many more repeating textures in the release version, as well as bad lighting to go with them) along with the atmospheric change in coloring to look more like disney than the dark rpg image they seemed to be going for originally.

I'm sure it's going to be an awesome game, either way, but seeing shit pan out like this just makes you look at these initial trailers a different way and realize what they are *really* showing you, is what the game would look like without consoles being a bottleneck they have to develop around. Watch dogs was the same, really, from a completely different development house, but still poisoned by the consoles. This console generation just fucking started and it's already a shit-storm of lowest common denominator BS coming out.. and this does not fare well for the next several years unless VR takes off in a big way on PC.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
36. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 18:05 Mordecai Walfish

Here's a german video that shows many glaring differences from the trailers to release version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS5WHx4xDk

News Comments > Open Source MAME
16. Re: Open Source MAME May 17, 2015, 15:44 Mordecai Walfish

Played bubble bobble in an arcade down in Daytona Beach, Florida when I was a kid and was hooked, was always one of my favorite games for NES after I eventually got it for that.

MAME rocks, so much dedication and time put into making sure these machines are faithfully able to be emulated on machines of all sizes.

I'll have to check out this RetroArch/Kodi thing that was mentioned here as I already use Kodi with the 1Channel addon for watching shows & movies, but having a emulation frontend baked in would be awesome!

Also have to give a mention to MameHUB, which allows you to play most of the MAME/MESS library of games (even SNES titles!) online with friends:

http://www.mamehub.info/

EDIT: Another link for those looking for the most up-to-date romsets for legal emulation (the complete mame romset is ratio-free, and always released alongside the new MAME binary releases):

http://www.pleasuredome.org.uk

This comment was edited on May 17, 2015, 17:26.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 23:07 Mordecai Walfish

Heists are awesome. The money up front is trivial compared to the payout and division of funds has never been an issue with the parties I've played in, either with friends or with strangers.

The matchmaking designed for consoles is the sore spot, but is manageable once you get the system down. A much harder aspect, IMO, is finding a decent crew for heists that won't fuck it up, especiLly on hard difficulty where one death will make the whole team have to restart sections. As a host you can kick people before matches start though, so ts just a m atter of establishing that everyone can communicate before starting and making sure no low level noobs hop in and potentially jeapoardize your efforts.

And the claim that you can't play without getting greifed online? Sounds like someone took a trip to the cheater/baddie pool , because I've rarely encountered anyone that affected me as much as you uber-sensitive guys claim to see in "every game"

Krovven wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:27:
I just saw a lime green Charger at the store an thought, that guy must have completed the Online Stunt Jump requirement to get that color.

What's wrong with me?!

LOL!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2015, 14:04 Mordecai Walfish

Rockstar issued an official statement about the GTA V single player/online mod bans 'situation' that's been reported.

Turns out those crying wolf were likely the wolves themselves.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
77. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 22:26 Mordecai Walfish

ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2015, 17:58:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 6, 2015, 12:44:
ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2015, 11:07:
Valve's solution already looks 10,000 times better.

nobody has seen what cv1 is going to look like or what input mechanism and sensors it will ship with.

Also, nobody is going to be using a mouse and keyboard for vr gaming, nor has anyone suggested that this is going to be a thing. "Hardcore" pc gamers who can't wrap their head around the concept of using a differeent set of input devices need not apply. This is a paradigm shift in gaming, not just a new monitor with some fancy sensors. CES will be very interesting this year with some major players all showing finalized designs and I'm excited for the amount of competition and potential out there.

The Vive doesn't use a mouse and keyboard, so I'm not sure what you're getting at...

We've already seen lots of people getting motion sickness from the current Oculus. Valve seems to have at least solved this problem.

I was at commenting on my android phone when I replied to that and apparently an entire quote is missing, lol. This site doesnt work well on mobile. I was referring to a different commenter who seemed to be stating that mouse and keyboard controls are necessary for proper VR gaming.

Sorry for the confusion

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
7. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 6, 2015, 21:57 Mordecai Walfish

Never heard of any 3rd party keys selling at GmG until now, which I guess puts them much more in line with other key slanging sites like Kinguin. I guess they decided they were missing out on potential profits from not going this route.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2015, 18:16 Mordecai Walfish

Just had a similar issue with my 60" tv and was able to fix it by opening it up and cleaning everything with airduster and re-seating all the ribbon cable connections. If you haven't yet, Blue, give it a try.

Edit: mine's not dlp, but led-LCD. Don't know how much different the internals are but I'm guessing it's a bit more complicated. Might be a common issue with known fixes though, so worth exercising some Google-fu on at least.

This comment was edited on May 6, 2015, 18:49.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
33. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 12:44 Mordecai Walfish

ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2015, 11:07:
Valve's solution already looks 10,000 times better.

nobody has seen what cv1 is going to look like or what input mechanism and sensors it will ship with.

Also, nobody is going to be using a mouse and keyboard for vr gaming, nor has anyone suggested that this is going to be a thing. "Hardcore" pc gamers who can't wrap their head around the concept of using a differeent set of input devices need not apply. This is a paradigm shift in gaming, not just a new monitor with some fancy sensors. CES will be very interesting this year with some major players all showing finalized designs and I'm excited for the amount of competition and potential out there.

910 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo