Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 956 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 5, 2015, 20:47 Mordecai Walfish

I didnt even know there were any physical prototypes. Awesome seeing this finally after a couple decades have passed from the first time a cd addon to the SNES piqued my interest. I would imagine nintendo would have continued to be a dominant player in the console industry if they would have gone through with this. The SNES had a primary limitation of being cartridge based when new mediums could store hundreds of times as much data. This would have coupled the impressive SNES hardware with a much better storage medium, which would have made for a very awesome console.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations
8. Re: Hacks of the Storm Map Hero Allegations Jul 3, 2015, 18:15 Mordecai Walfish

Luke wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 18:02:
Wonder what excuse they have NeXT time they require always online shit

Well, for a game like this one, the excuse might be "it's an online-only game!"

Not very controversial for an online only game to require you to be online to play, imo. I get the diablo sentiment though, that was simply an act of DRM under the guise of being of some service to players. Glad that whole auction house thing worked out so well for them. If they would have spent 1/10 of the resources burnt on that towards making the game experience better, we might have decent PVP and other things that were promised, but never delivered.

News Comments > Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC
15. Re: Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC Jul 1, 2015, 17:26 Mordecai Walfish

Brumbek wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 13:30:
born2expire wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 10:45:
3.25million of perhaps the worst control ever in a PC game.
Hold up now...PC gaming means options. There is nothing wrong with being a PC gamer who uses a controller! Many games work better on controllers (brawlers, 2d platformers, Dark Souls).

So anyway, the controls are fine on PC...if you use a controller...which you should. When we already spend much money on PCs, spending $40 more for a controller isn't a big deal. Anyway, PC isn't about stubbornly using KB/M...it's about having the best of both worlds.

Agreed.

Input devices and the ability to mix and match and build/hack your own easily make PC gaming unique and fun in ways that consoles and other platforms haven't been able to match.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Scams
30. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 28, 2015, 17:54 Mordecai Walfish

I think he was stating that Arkham Knight was pulled likely because of the huge amounts of refunds they were getting from it. It was a good move on their part, because people who buy a broken game and return it are likely to not order the game again once it's fixed, as they have probably moved on to something new or decided they will just get it on discount further on down the road. Not to mention the fact it's a single player game and many people will just pirate it (maybe even just to see if it runs well on their system finally..) and they won't see *any* profit from it at that point.  

23. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 27, 2015, 20:12 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 17:07:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 14:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 01:28:
VAC at least on Steam servers is based on Steam ID, so refund wouldn't prevent ban.

Throwaway account are created for free, single game bought, then refunded. Ip address isn't important because vpn can be used and it most definitely is happening. Vac ban simply doesn't matter, even if they are caught in that short time window.

Well that seems very easy to avoid but Steam as usual is apparently half-assing everything. Since payment provider listed would definitely not "rotate" ;p

Prepaid cards work on steam just as well as anywhere else.

News Comments > METAL SLUG on Steam
2. Re: METAL SLUG on Steam Jun 27, 2015, 14:46 Mordecai Walfish

NotOneOfUs wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 01:05:
METAL SLUG

These ports have been excellent so far. Hope SNK and DotEmu doesn't let up!

Agreed 100%! Glad they're doing these justice and including essentials like online CO-op

20. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 27, 2015, 14:43 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 01:28:
VAC at least on Steam servers is based on Steam ID, so refund wouldn't prevent ban.

Throwaway account are created for free, single game bought, then refunded. Ip address isn't important because vpn can be used and it most definitely is happening. Vac ban simply doesn't matter, even if they are caught in that short time window.

16. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 27, 2015, 00:51 Mordecai Walfish

There is another certain "scam" going on, or perhaps a better way to label it is "gaming the system", but in many multiplayer games, the steam refunds policy is biting players in the ass right now, with cheaters purchasing games for almost exactly 1 hour and fifty minutes, going to wreck shit on servers where they got owned and can't compete properly, and then getting a refund and repeating the process. VAC and the other assorted anti-cheats out there don't catch them generally in this small window of time and I've not heard of anyone being punished for this behavior. This is happening in many steam multiplayer games currently.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jun 25, 2015, 16:15 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 14:03:
It's a good day when there are more comments about Deus Ex than GG.

agreed.

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
44. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 10:36 Mordecai Walfish

Quinn wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 03:09:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 00:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:11:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:10:
Ranger55 wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:28:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:01:
Game runs perfectly fine for me on a 980GTX and an old i7 3770k.
I feel sorry for the people who are having issues but I've been enjoying every minute of the game.

Same here. Running everything turned up @ 1080p without any issues. 980GTX on an old Phenom II 970 w/ 16GB of RAM running Win7.

My streak of being a golden unicorn that shits rainbows continues, I haven't had an issue one with the game running 1080p/60-ish (ish only cause it runs average 80) for 21 hours. 980GTX, 5930K, and 16GB RAM...

Maybe it's the 16gb of ram???

Actually from what I'm hearing, and if you watch TotalBiscuits Port Report it may have to do with HDD's. It seems some of it may be an issue stemming from mechanical drives not being able to keep up with streaming the city. I dunno about Ranger or DarkCntry but I do have mine installed on an SSD and as I said I get no stuttering and can speed through the city at full speed in the Batmobile no problem.

Video or I don't believe you. I have your rig, a GTX980 and one of the best SSD's on the market, 16gb -- but windows 8.1 instead of 7. I have everything maxed on 1080p. You? Anyway, wooshing through the city gives stuttering to an extent I simply don't believe hardware is the issue here. It's playable, just not acceptable. Standing on top of a building looking around me gives a solid fps -- it's the streaming this game doesn't handle right. Oh, and the batmobile in general seems to impact performance by just being there somehow.

What do you have your "max pre-rendered frames" set to in nvidia control panel? If you set it to 1 to reduce input lag arkham knight maybe is crapping the bed because it expects more based on consoles? Dunno but maybe its worth a shot trying the default (3) or higher?

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
33. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 22:51 Mordecai Walfish

gravity wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:47:
Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 20:55:
This was just posted on the Arkham Knights Announcement page in Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145587678167685991

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (http://support.wbgames.com/). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at https://help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

And some vids I made if people are interested.

MaxFPS 60 Nvidia on/off comparison

MaxFPS 30 Nvidia on/off comparison

I (literally) could not be more pleased to see the community, as a whole, stand up and say "No, this is not acceptable," and see the publisher and developers cry back, "OK, OK... WE GET IT, WE'RE SORRY!"

I wonder how many refunds it took them to realize they were poisoning the brand?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2015, 21:36 Mordecai Walfish

Squirmer wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 21:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 20:54:
Which tells me he as absolutely no clue about anyone younger than 40 or the fact that nobody gives a shit how they look when they sit half-naked in front of their high-end gaming altar.. VR or not, doesn't exactly change a damn thing and how you look matters absolutely nothing when you are half-naked because your gaming rig is making the room hot as shit ;p
Half-naked people sitting in front of their "gaming rig" make up an extremely small proportion of the population. If those are the people who are supposed to be driving VR, Spector's point seems even more valid.

Naah bro they're just sitting naked so they can feel the heat lamps they setup for proper sun simulation when they step outside in VR.

Imagine an array with heat lamps and fans and such to simulate sunshine/heat and air movement/wind in VR. A VR setup with war thunder I saw recently in an article made me think of this. They had a mounted fan they would turn on when players were flying in one of the open-cockpit planes. Small touch but adds a good deal of immersion.. but imagine that with a software api to integrate such functions into a simulation game with variable levels automatically adjusted by the game in realtime. So many new interactive experiences will be possible soon, it's really exciting.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2015, 20:32 Mordecai Walfish

How many times do you worry about looking stupid when playing games on your PC? I just don't think that point has much weight to it.

Warren nailed it though with his endorsement of Cuphead as being a standout from E3. I think the game looks fantastic.

News Comments > Street Fighter V PC Beta This Fall
5. Re: Street Fighter V PC Beta This Fall Jun 23, 2015, 20:07 Mordecai Walfish

All naming/update convention jokes aside, SFV is looking to be an excellent continuation to the perennial fighting series. I love that they are removing the cheap "chip damage" finishes where you can fireball/special move spam an opponent who's blocking and win a match. Also the variable skills and V-triggers are a great addition and do alot to change the pacing and energy of fights. Moves do more damage when they connect and have a much more satisfying feel with the new graphics engine's gritty more realistic look.

I'm pretty excited about SFV if you can't tell =) Bring on the Super Ultra Hyper Omega version.. can't wait to try all the new characters being added and I'm hoping Karin from Alpha 3 will make a return finally too!

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 22, 2015, 20:15 Mordecai Walfish

There was talk of them making it so penis size is directly related to how long your char has been alive in the game world. Would have been hilarious to stumble upon that hermit in a cave whos been sitting in base crafting and building defenses for weeks with a schlong hanging down to his knees. heheh  

News Comments > New OpenRA
1. Re: New OpenRA Jun 22, 2015, 20:11 Mordecai Walfish

I keep seeing this name and hoping it's a Rocket Arena revival of some sort, lol.  

News Comments > Cast of the Seven Godsends Demo
1. Re: Cast of the Seven Godsends Demo Jun 22, 2015, 19:51 Mordecai Walfish

Looks like a broke-ass Ghosts and Goblins with switching characters and magic spell spamming. The animation looks particularly bad.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
5. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Jun 22, 2015, 14:19 Mordecai Walfish

peteham wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 13:48:
Yeah, in my experience, based on 99% of the times I've had significant driver issues or BSOD, at least in the Win7 and later era, it's been the early signs of hardware about to die. Especially the graphics card, which is the single most RMA'd component across all systems I've ever built by a mile (6-8 of 'em, three of those were 8800GTX.. Either a very troublesome series or I was just unlucky). By contrast I think I've only RMA'd a couple of RAM chips, a single motherboard, a couple of PSUs and never once a CPU. You go, Intel.

8800GT/GTX can last a damn long while, if you use the "baking" method on them to resolder the cracked soldering spots that occur over time and with constant temperature fluctuation. This is the major failing point of cards nvidia released around that time, as is evident in both desktop hardware and console hardware they were releasing at the time having the exact same issue and remedy.

I just baked my moms old 8800gt when it failed a couple years ago, and it's still going strong today. The card was purchased in 2007 and I've done this to many other cards of that generation with excellent success rates (75%+)

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
10. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 14:14 Mordecai Walfish

Cmdr Shepard's Pie wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 13:53:
I bought a GTX 980 Ti over the weekend and running almost everything at 2k-4k at 60fps. I think a simple option selecting res vs. fps in games would be a nice addition to console games. Based on some simple calculations of pixels per images/pixels per second, being able to select "720p @ 60fps" or "1080p @ 30fps" would be reasonably equal strain on the system, and give users the option to have smoother gameplay, or higher res.

I did something like this:
(Hres * Vres = Pixels Per Image * FPS = Pixels Per Second, with 1080p @ 30 being the target)
1280x720=921,600 @67=61,747,200
1366x768=1,049,088 @59=61,896,192
1600x900=1,440,000 @43=61,920,000
1920x1080=2,073,600 @30=62,208,000
2560x1440=3,686,400 @16=58,982,400
3840x2160=8,294,400 @7=58,060,800

This provides for an inconsistent experience on console and that is what they are based around, however. Also, any multiplayer game will pretty much force it's users to go with the 60fps lower res option to gain a competitive advantage, thus making it much less of a choice, and more of an unnecessary option that may give a competitive disadvantage to those that are unaware of it.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
4. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 13:40 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 13:25:
Duh...

Question is, are they going to try to sell mods?

They stated quite frankly at E3 that there will not be paid mods for FO4

956 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo