Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 972 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 00:32 Mordecai Walfish

I think the money should be put towards publicly used spaces, like transportation and other infrastructure. We *all* pay the taxes that go towards funding these mega-buildings.. yet only sports fans will ever use or benefit from them. Silly.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
40. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 01:00 Mordecai Walfish

I was around the 3000th backer and I'm about to just dump my ship/package on ebay for sale.

Just dont think I'm going to have time to enjoy this by the time it's out, even if it's good and able to fulfill its promises. Got a 4 month old son now and every day I gradually spend less time gaming and more time with him.. and I really enjoy it just as much. Weird saying that from a guy who never planned on having kids in the first place.. but life is a crazy, crazy ride.

News Comments > R.I.P.: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata
25. Re: R.I.P.: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata Jul 14, 2015, 01:26 Mordecai Walfish

Nintendo was my first attraction to video games, back in a small shack that sold steamed crabs (blue crabs) and had a moderately sized arcade in the back. (The name is/was Crab Town USA) This was in 1987, when I was only 7 years on this planet. I reveled in my victory over mario brothers and many other Nintendo games over the years as being significant achievements in my life, a new level of mind and physical response achievement. I have yet to find something in gaming that has compelled me as much as the mysteries you have woven into your games, Nintendo, and I hope you progress far into the 21st century so my child can know this experience as well.

Thank You. I hope your travel into the ether will incite ripples that we have yet to experience, not just for my child's sake, but for everyone to experience. R.I.P.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2015, 01:38.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 12, 2015, 15:29 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 15:22:
My understanding is Sanders is leading the pack and he's only getting stronger. He is exactly what the Dems - and America and everyone else - need very badly.

I also feel like he is the best candidate we have. This isn't the same "hopey changey" shit that Obama was spouting.. there is actual substance in his goals.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Bernie Sanders vs Cable costs Jul 12, 2015, 15:14 Mordecai Walfish

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 13:01:
Well it's about fucking time, but this is probably the death knell for Bernie's chances at the presidency.

It's a shame, he's probably the least corrupt politician running by a large margin.

Why do you think this is the "death knell" for his candidacy? Being anti-corporate has never been more popular and he doesn't rely on any of these industries for donations/campaign funding..

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans?
11. Re: Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans? Jul 10, 2015, 18:51 Mordecai Walfish

Blizzard turned me into a newt!  

News Comments > DiRT Rally Adds World RX Content
4. Re: DiRT Rally Adds World RX Content Jul 9, 2015, 21:28 Mordecai Walfish

Flatline wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 19:32:
Rally racing sounds kind of fun and I enjoy it in real life. Is this game any good?

DiRT 3 was a great rally racing title. I haven't played the others, but I have heard that DiRT Rally is also excellent. I had alot of fun with DiRT 3, and even picked up DiRT Showdown which is fun in it's own ways but not as good as DiRT 3. I quit playing the destruction derby events in DiRT Rally and instead went back to the ol' Sumo Server on SA:MP, which is one of the best multiplayer modes I've played in a GTA game, and definitely needs to be brought forward to GTA V.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 9, 2015, 19:32 Mordecai Walfish

Also Karin and R.Mika are said to be coming back from Alpha 3! Karin is the fighter I most wanted to see in SF V's roster and I'm excited to see how they've developed her fighting style and specials since Alpha3, the only other game she's been in. She was a beast in Alpha 3, and one of those rare characters that was not completely based off another character or group of characters in the series.  

News Comments > DiRT Rally Adds World RX Content
1. Re: DiRT Rally Adds World RX Content Jul 9, 2015, 19:23 Mordecai Walfish

Way to make it a point to let people know you're giving away updates "free of charge" during your fucking early access period. It just seems so pathetic to use this wording, especially in a press release for an update to an early access title.

Devs need wake up and start making complete games again (and charge a little more for the whole thing, if necessary) instead of this constant 3-ring DLC circus.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues Jul 9, 2015, 16:27 Mordecai Walfish

I've noticed less hackers as of late compared to about a month ago when I last played. It's definitely better in that regard, imo  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues Jul 9, 2015, 13:37 Mordecai Walfish

My garages were scrambled a bit with nothing missing, but I did lose a particularly intense stunt race I was in solely because of the performance hiccups in the newest patch freezing me up a couple times. Overall they have made some seriously good improvements to the game in the past couple months since release. I'm only 60% done with single player and still enjoying it though, besides the crappy stock market bs to make money throughout the game. The number of missions you do with absolutely no reward or payout whatsoever besides story progression is kinda badly thought out and leaves alot to be desired, imo  

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
29. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 21:31 Mordecai Walfish

NKD wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:30:
Verno wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:22:
Beyond that it's just Windows as usual, what's the problem?

The same hysterics we've been hearing about Windows versions going back to XP and maybe before. Remember when XP was going to delete all your MP3s?

Every new Windows versions you get these old crusty open-source fucks coming out of the woodwork to talk about the latest horrible atrocity by Microsoft, the GREAT SATAN of software. Meanwhile people keep upgrading Windows and business as usual keeps truckin along without everyone being rounded into FEMA camps.

QFT. happens every time, it seems

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 8, 2015, 16:27 Mordecai Walfish

Wow, way to re-brand a successful company for no damn reason whatsoever besides "fitting in with the flock" of tech startups using particularly stale naming conventions.

You don't need to fit in Logitech, you are one of the grandfathers of what you do, a cornerstone in the industry. Changing your name to be more like upstart companies with a press release that reads like it was written by some marketing clown in SF straight out of college.. is maybe not the best option for the company?

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
16. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 8, 2015, 02:05 Mordecai Walfish

Deepjay wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 23:03:
At night itís pitch black making torches mandatory. You can see other players carrying them in the distance, the lights in your base of your tribe, or if other people are online. Nights can vary in darkness depending on the moon.

Are people able to up their gamma like most other games and see in the night or did they find a way to circumvent that? I'm not a fan of the uneven playing field in most survival games because of most hacky shit like this people either have to learn to do every time they play or become someone's prey quickly.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
17. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Jul 7, 2015, 13:18 Mordecai Walfish

Played it during beta but lost interest pretty quick. I remember replacing game assets like the screen noise filter with my own because they were so terribly implemented. That was 2-3 years ago, I'm sure things have changed quite a bit, hopefully for the better but I honestly don't hear many good things about MWO since I stopped playing

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
20. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 6, 2015, 22:09 Mordecai Walfish

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 21:21:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 20:30:
Freesync is next.

Variable refresh functionality is in the vesa spec.

AMD's trademark for their support for that functionality is called "freesync" - but it's not actually an AMD specific tech.

If nvidia wanted to fully support all the vesa options, they would have a freesync-like feature too. They simply choose to not support it, and instead make a proprietary solution.

-scheherazade

I think nVidias implementation is well beyond what AMD is offering with freesync. The best example is how it performs when frames go under a pre-defined "sweet spot", with freesync basically not doing anything at all and the resulting image looking the same (tearing) as it would *without* freesync. If you have a rig that can reliably push 40+ FPS in any game with not a single drop below that, then you have nothing to worry about, but most of us are not so fortunate. I'll pay the bit extra for a decent implementation of adaptive refresh, and not having to constantly worry about stepping into some "red zone" under 40fps where my monitor starts acting differently.

Hopefully newer revisions of this standard are actually decent.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 5, 2015, 20:47 Mordecai Walfish

I didnt even know there were any physical prototypes. Awesome seeing this finally after a couple decades have passed from the first time a cd addon to the SNES piqued my interest. I would imagine nintendo would have continued to be a dominant player in the console industry if they would have gone through with this. The SNES had a primary limitation of being cartridge based when new mediums could store hundreds of times as much data. This would have coupled the impressive SNES hardware with a much better storage medium, which would have made for a very awesome console.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations
8. Re: Hacks of the Storm Map Hero Allegations Jul 3, 2015, 18:15 Mordecai Walfish

Luke wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 18:02:
Wonder what excuse they have NeXT time they require always online shit

Well, for a game like this one, the excuse might be "it's an online-only game!"

Not very controversial for an online only game to require you to be online to play, imo. I get the diablo sentiment though, that was simply an act of DRM under the guise of being of some service to players. Glad that whole auction house thing worked out so well for them. If they would have spent 1/10 of the resources burnt on that towards making the game experience better, we might have decent PVP and other things that were promised, but never delivered.

News Comments > Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC
15. Re: Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC Jul 1, 2015, 17:26 Mordecai Walfish

Brumbek wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 13:30:
born2expire wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 10:45:
3.25million of perhaps the worst control ever in a PC game.
Hold up now...PC gaming means options. There is nothing wrong with being a PC gamer who uses a controller! Many games work better on controllers (brawlers, 2d platformers, Dark Souls).

So anyway, the controls are fine on PC...if you use a controller...which you should. When we already spend much money on PCs, spending $40 more for a controller isn't a big deal. Anyway, PC isn't about stubbornly using KB/M...it's about having the best of both worlds.

Agreed.

Input devices and the ability to mix and match and build/hack your own easily make PC gaming unique and fun in ways that consoles and other platforms haven't been able to match.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Scams
30. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 28, 2015, 17:54 Mordecai Walfish

I think he was stating that Arkham Knight was pulled likely because of the huge amounts of refunds they were getting from it. It was a good move on their part, because people who buy a broken game and return it are likely to not order the game again once it's fixed, as they have probably moved on to something new or decided they will just get it on discount further on down the road. Not to mention the fact it's a single player game and many people will just pirate it (maybe even just to see if it runs well on their system finally..) and they won't see *any* profit from it at that point.  

972 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo