Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 851 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 25, 2015, 02:00 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 21:00:
Before June 1, a select group of people and companies, including trademarked brands, are getting first dibs on some of the more controversial domains. During this so-called "Sunrise period," which is mandated by ICANN, some brands have already taken advantage.

Um why? Why should they get dibs? Fucking elites already have everything else. And the decline of democracy continues unabated.

The "Sunrise Period" for the ICANN is just a huge cash grab by them. To even show interest early in a new TLD can cost $10,000+ for a company to apply, depending on the domain.. and this is without *ANY* guarantee that they will actually get it. (they most likely will if they have a trademark, but the legal print states that there is no guarantee for the new TLD domain even if you apply for it, and the application fee is *completely non-refundable*)

I used to work for a huge domain registrar/hosting company and know the process very well. All the new TLD's coming out are just a quick and dirty cash grab, plain and simple.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Atari and Llamasoft Spar Over Tempest Game
7. Re: Atari and Llamasoft Spar Over Tempest Game Mar 20, 2015, 01:43 Mordecai Walfish

Ant wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 15:37:
Xil wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 13:22:
Good old Jeff God I still got his Merak VHS video, he was smoking big time back then while play with this Trip-a-Tron ...
Is that online?

A tiny bit of Google-fu turned up this: https://youtu.be/PJ2XD5yJ6To

Audio might have been redone from the original from what I read but gonna check out this vid now as I love minter's work.

Edit: wow! Can't believe I've never seen this before, it's like some pre-demoscene timewarp space trip. I wonder what other demoscene-like videos existed like this before the internet, as this is definitely the first i've seen.

Jeff minter and Scott Draves need to just get together and create the most intense visualizer that the world has ever seen. I would happily pay whatever price they'd ask.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2015, 01:56.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 20, 2015, 01:35 Mordecai Walfish

Looks like a gameplay element, along with the enthralling "spin around in circles and shoot stuff" combat them seem to be going for..

Pass.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 20, 2015, 01:20 Mordecai Walfish

Best quote from this article: "I also fear that it will become an expensive add-on gimmick that will only serve as an excuse for developers to create games with little more than ‘look, you can turn your head and see all around you’ going for them. And with bottom lines being king and the need for studios to produce huge triple-A titles that generate astronomical returns on investment, I suspect we are more likely to see Call Of Battle Creed 7 - Now with VR!”

and as far as being unrealistic, to assume that release versions of this tech are not going to have tackled the issues you're talking about, Cutter, is also assuming that the companies involved in making them are simply shoveling them out without realizing the paradigm shift I'm controls and low latency/best practices to follow in order to alleviate motion sickness. Companies are pouring billions of dollars into this tech and you can safely assume that they're not blind to this stuff.

News Comments > Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service
45. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 15, 2015, 05:01 Mordecai Walfish

Slick wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 03:03:
was classic team fortress the last original IP? or was that a mod too?

Quake mod originally, not by valve.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2015, 22:31 Mordecai Walfish

Friday the 13th will forever be a lucky day for me from here on out, as my baby boy (first) has just come into this world as of 4:59am today. Most beautiful day so far this year (weather-wise) also, and without a doubt the best experience of my life.

Have a good weekend folks. (=

P.S. Permaculture FTW.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Confirmed
22. Re: Titanfall 2 Confirmed Mar 13, 2015, 01:24 Mordecai Walfish

Hopefully they will do a better job at making a worthwhile and lasting experience with titanfall2. There was potential there and it's a sign that they are opening their eyes to the shortcomings of their dlc strategy with the maps packs segregating an already fledgling playerbase with each packs release. I played the beta for a bit but never actually pulled the trigger on the full release, and I'm glad I never did with how quickly it died out.

EA has such a history with segregating playerbases with poorly thought out dlc cash-grabs that I have a hard time ever wanting to purchase any of their multiplayer games, honestly.

News Comments > TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT Announced
5. Re: TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT Announced Mar 12, 2015, 13:01 Mordecai Walfish

Mr. Tembo is on his way up the hill
With only this song to tell you how he feels
But to get there he will need a helping hand
It's where he is now but it wasn't what he planned

Hole

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 11, 2015, 16:56 Mordecai Walfish

$50/mo for 22 megabits down and 3 megabits up with no caps or throttling here. (Midwest, USA)  

News Comments > Street Fighter V in Spring 2016?
7. Re: Street Fighter V in Spring 2016? Mar 9, 2015, 13:52 Mordecai Walfish

Street Fighter X Star Citizen: Fight for the Stars  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 7, 2015, 14:51 Mordecai Walfish

Anybody got a link to the actual presentation?

News Comments > Steam Link Announced
17. Re: Steam Link Announced Mar 4, 2015, 10:23 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 20:13:
So will/can/how do controllers work with the streaming content?

How can the controllers linked to the computer upstairs communicate with the TV downstairs?

Either WiFi directly built into the controller or a direct usb connection to the streaming device, would be my guess.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2015, 18:02 Mordecai Walfish

Heads up to any GMG users here, I got a coupon code for 25% off of these titles:

Resident Evil Revelations 2, Mortal Kombat X, Batman Arkham Knight, Dying Light, Evolve and Cities Skylines.

The code is:

ELUQNU-MT01IO-O70A63

The wording on the e-mail is vague as to whether this is a one-time use code or account specific.. but I already spent my gaming allowance for the month so I figured I'd leave this here.

Have a good weekend folks.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
50. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 11:08 Mordecai Walfish

yuastnav wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 07:39:
Besides, there is absolutely no incentive to pre-order the game right now. Might as well just wait until it comes out and see how it runs and whether it's any good.

$14 off at GOG and in game currency for GTA online was enough incentive for me to pre-order, and the fact it's already proven itself to be a great game. Not a hard choice, really.

Sepharo wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 01:37:
Everyone is responding to one troll who derailed this. Nobody but him has a problem with GTAV (at least in this thread).

Sight. Forgot to quote before posting.. and yeah it was obviously a waste of time to reply to such absent minded ramblings anyway.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
39. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 00:53 Mordecai Walfish

Why the fuck would people pre-ordering GTAV, a series with a very strong track record for excellent games (even if the IV port was shit), get your panties in such a bunch? Did rockstar defile you recently in some kind of way you'd like to talk about? Releasing the game a year later on PC really has you *that* shocked and disgusted? It's not like people are dumping money into some unknown early access title, its fucking GTAV. Get over it.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Feb 15, 2015, 20:35 Mordecai Walfish

I like all the indie love i'm seeing on sony's list of 2015 titles!

Guns of Icarus online for PS4? Awesome.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 15, 2015, 20:23 Mordecai Walfish

most likely some shitty laptop or tablet using the new tegra x1 stuff.

we'll see..

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 14, 2015, 13:18 Mordecai Walfish

with all the talk of how easy it is to hack newer computer controlled cars, Apple would be wise to market any new 'iCar' with strong security features as the selling point  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 13, 2015, 14:42 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 09:30:
No worries! I hear some folks <claim> that the ds4 is persnickety with what BT chipset it connects to, but I've not tried it myself.

Keep meaning to get back to this project...

That would lead me to believe even more that they are the same types as I have heard the exact same thing about the PS3-compatible BT devices.

I just got GTAV pre-ordered so now I'm considering getting a ps4 controller to play that with, but im guessing the 360 controller will have the best(only) out-of-the-box support so maybe I'll just use that instead. I've always preferred the ps3 controller in GTA games in the past, compared to microsoft's controllers. The only exception is GTA4, with everything besides driving being better on the 360 controller. Aiming is more accurate and the analogs are tighter and easier to manuver in smaller steps than the PS3 controller. The PS4 analogs are a step in the right direction, imo.

To be competitive online I will most likely only use the controller to drive, so perhaps the PS3/4 controller will be the way to go, after all.

Only time I ever played GTAV was at a buddies house on PS3 a couple years back near when it first came out, I've been waiting very patiently to experience it on PC proper the first time through. Haven't even seen the newer console versions besides a couple snapshots.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 13, 2015, 00:23 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 09:11:
I was also looking at the BT400 for wireless. Some folks claim it works with the DS4.

Sorry for the late reply here, but looking at either of the pages for the DS4 drivers and the forums on their respective sites and PCSX2 forums, you should be able to find a compatible bluetooth dongle that will work. I believe it has the same requirements as the PS3 controllers, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR support, but just to be sure I would check with what is recommended by users of these drivers. My bluetooth dongle was $7 ordered from china and works perfectly, but I havent tried it with PS4 controllers, yet.

851 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo