Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 721 (Apprentice)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Commander: The Great War for Steam and iPad
1. Re: Commander: The Great War for Steam and iPad Jul 26, 2014, 10:53 Mordecai Walfish

I would love to take a great war-like steamer on an iPad.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 25, 2014, 14:19 Mordecai Walfish

Just gave this a try on the PS3 and it's looking pretty damn, controls are excellent, as to be expected by a bungie game. Looking forward to diving back into this later on in the weekend!  

News Comments > Steam Controller Redesigned?
16. Re: Steam Controller Redesigned? Jul 24, 2014, 09:52 Mordecai Walfish

It will take some hands-on time to see if that is truly a viable option, biggest problem being the transition time between the 4 directions and how short the travel time is. That is precisely why a d-pad is ideal for so many fast paced platformers, fighters and classic games  

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
21. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 09:48 Mordecai Walfish

Lol, someone tried it. What are you, someone's wife or something?  

News Comments > Steam Controller Redesigned?
8. Re: Steam Controller Redesigned? Jul 23, 2014, 18:55 Mordecai Walfish

I'd like to see at least some way to have a d-pad on this, as removing it removes any possibility of platformer/classic gaming on this thing.

Maybe have the analog swappable for a d-pad, if done well. The original d-pad looked god awful so hopefully they improve that design too.

No doubt this design comes from testing the controller vs traditional analogs in a variety of games. I'm guessing for racing games especially the analog is wayyy better than the touchpads.

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
7. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 18:43 Mordecai Walfish

In the past year I have gotten a bunch of free games on Origin. I actually haven't purchased a single one from them yet..

Current free games in my library:

Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 1942, Dead Space, Peggle, Plants Vs Zombies, Simcity 4, Dragon Age: Origins, Mirror's Edge, Crysis, The Saboteur and now The Sims 2 Ultimate

I won't play some of them, but they have been pretty legit about the free games on Origin.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015 Jul 23, 2014, 02:04 Mordecai Walfish

But what about the shareholders man?! You told them there would be a battlefield game every year going forward! How can you possibly earn their trust back now with nothing to show for the holiday season 2104? For shame!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 22, 2014, 12:42 Mordecai Walfish

ldonyo wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 11:26:
Just for fun I did a little calculation. You would need to kill 27.39726 people per day, every day, for 10 years, ages 8 to 18 in this case, to hit 100,000. Granted, that's not a lot of carnage per day, but it is an awful lot of days.

For the weekly-minded, that's 191.78 a week for 520 consecutive weeks.

I'd like to think that even the laziest of "gamers" can kill 192 virtual enemies in a weeks time, so that number sounds legit to me.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2014, 12:28 Mordecai Walfish

Strangely enough, I've found the best way to "stealth" the bank heist missions is to kill all the civilians that are wandering the streets so they cant walk by and see something suspicious and blow your whole operation. Yeah it takes a toll on the cash earned for the person killing the civs, but if you have the person with the most expendable cash on them take care of this, it doesn't matter as much.

Once you've taken them all out and done so without being caught, you just need to sneak in and prevent the alarms from going off (make sure you crowd control the teller booths and check on the mission intel to see where the alarm button is). If you can subdue all the cops and civilians inside, which is not very hard with everyone coordinating on going in at the same time and spamming shout, and cuffing the cops or shooting them with silencers. If you kill everyone on the street you can also make as much noise as you want to at this point because there is no-one left on the streets to hear the glass breaking, etc.. and you have all the time you want to open every safe box (remember to bring a saw if you can to speed this up immensely and break into those ATM's in the lobby!). This technique can also be used on the mission where you burn the cash but can still break in the safe boxes, but best to master it first on the regular bank missions so you don't potentially screw up the last part of that multi-day mission, which especially sucks on pro missions.

Once you master this you can stealth pro-overkill missions here rather easily and rake in mad loot/exp.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
20. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name Jul 22, 2014, 02:24 Mordecai Walfish

Sounds like some neighborhood gaming group that tried to grow bigger than its small town roots.

Besides, since the NES, who really has thought that PC Gaming attracted more people than consoles? Sure, for a while in the mid-90's at the transition of cartridge to CD-ROM there may have been more for a while (likely due to the cultural phenomenon that was DOOM), but consoles have always been an easier entry point than computers because of their specific focus and simplified controls and attachments to large TV's instead of small monitors while promoting multiplayer much better before the internet came around, as well.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 21, 2014, 13:53 Mordecai Walfish

siapnar wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 13:00:
Yeah if he was talking about Games For Windows Live the booing would make sense, but in this context it doesn't

Well one could argue that without xbox/live that the GFWL platform would have been at least a hair better than it turned out.. but I guess it couldnt really have been any worse, could it?

News Comments > Subscription MMOG Market Analysis
12. Re: Subscription MMOG Market Analysis Jul 19, 2014, 08:26 Mordecai Walfish

It's really shocking to see how popular the original Lineage still is!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2014, 20:06 Mordecai Walfish

Darks wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 10:39:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 09:42:
Been using PrecisionX for a while now, but just downloaded Afterburner and will probably stick with that given the background behind Precision that I wasn't aware of before, as well as this current code-stealing fuckery.

So, just because someone claims they used the code it becomes factual? you sound like a women who just cried rape but was never raped and the guy now has to prove his innocence.

The fact is, no ones knows for sure if they did or didn't use his code. Until someone digs into the code and does a side by side comparison to prove it. Then I would suggest you not falsely accuse someone until that fact is proven.

Simmer down Ned, I said that was only one of the reasons I was switching to afterburner, and looking through the examples that the owner of rivatuner gave and what is existant in the new build of precision, it would appear that at least some of his claim is valid, as well as the previously stated fact that I learned more about afterburner and the history of both programs in the process and it is undoubtedly a better program (64bit app support, amongst other things stands out). I don't need to wait for a jury to make the switch, I've already made up my mind, thank you.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 19:44 Mordecai Walfish

Not even if the subscription was 50% off would I touch this epic turd of a game.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2014, 09:42 Mordecai Walfish

Been using PrecisionX for a while now, but just downloaded Afterburner and will probably stick with that given the background behind Precision that I wasn't aware of before, as well as this current code-stealing fuckery.  

News Comments > GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because "It Sells"
19. Re: GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because Jul 17, 2014, 07:51 Mordecai Walfish

Creston wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 05:03:
Up next, an RPG where you can only level up if you buy (individual) level-up packs...

I think they already make plenty of games like that for IOS and Android.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2014, 23:24 Mordecai Walfish

Comcast, at&t and pretty much any monthly-billed "service provider" have departments like this. Usually titled "customer relations" or customer retention" or something of the like. To speed up your call, ask for them immediately, but it is still none-the-less frustrating to get through..

The shittiest thing about treating people in these positions badly is that they are generally working for outsourced CS companies for $9-$10 per hour and are only graded on how many customers they can save per day, no matter what it takes. Many of them could give a shit less about who they are talking to, but they do have special plans and offers not available through regular customer service departments and if you have the patience to negotiate with them can find your monthly bill much cheaper. That these reps who deal with the most irate of a large corporation's customers are some of the worst paid usually is the worst part about this interaction, with standard cs employees usually making an average of 4-5$/hr more starting wage.

Source: I was a technology facilitator (trainer) at at&t for almost 3 years, and I got to travel to these outsourced slave-centers.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
12. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 15, 2014, 06:58 Mordecai Walfish

mrtwig.net is all i've used for south park for the past ~12 years, as long as thats not going anywhere, they can do what they want with southparkstudios/hulu/dancingkitty/whatever

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2014, 13:50 Mordecai Walfish

RoboNerd wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 10:37:
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Official Extended Trailer (2014).

Getting a "Sorry this video is private" message and no video. Furious2

ditto

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 5, 2014, 04:06 Mordecai Walfish

So is Pabst Blue Ribbon going to sue next for it's likeness in this picture?  

721 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo