Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mordecai Walfish

Real Name Mordecai Walfish   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 20, 2011, 16:53
Total Comments 782 (Graduate)
User ID 56178

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Meet Arthur the stray dog who followed an extreme sports team through the Amazon rainforest. Nov 26, 2014, 18:02 Mordecai Walfish

Great story about arthur tagging along in that extreme sports event. Really loved reading this today as it put me in good spirits for the upcoming holiday mess i'm about to embark in. Definitely thankful for the forces that allow us to have such great animal companions in life. Maybe it's arguable that they need us more than we need them.. I tend to look at pets with a more mutual agreement in mind.

Cheers & Happy Thanksgiving folks. Travel safe if you're heading out, the crazies are begrudgingly behind the wheel this time of year.. already seen some pretty bad accidents today.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 24, 2014, 22:00 Mordecai Walfish

Back when having a 2d card was a thing, I had a couple Matrox Millennium's that were always reliable, never any issues. I Remember coupling it with the Rendition Verite' V1000 and 3DFX cards for the first time. Man how that changed everything, I remember being blown away by actual filtering on textures in general, and that sweet antialaising and transparent water in GLquake, something I don't think vQuake ever got (vQuake was a much more uncommon precursor to GLquake, with support only for the v1000 chipset)..  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
7. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 24, 2014, 21:49 Mordecai Walfish

This god awful britannia property simulator/episodic ultima mmo is a complete abortion of a game. I Cant believe how much money they've milked from the suckers buying 1000 dollar houses before the game is even close to playable, and what is now "playable" is a complete crapfest.

So disappointing for an old fan of ultima.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
29. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 24, 2014, 18:09 Mordecai Walfish

There is an entire generation of newer (mostly fps) gamers that grew up making rape comments and yelling the n word over xbox live and other internet gaming services.

They now seek to defend their "right" to be complete jerk-off's because they no doubt desensitized themselves to the true meanings of these words while hearing (and often yelling them) all day long.

That shit might fly in random pickup games, but if you're putting yourself out there as a "pro" and getting sponsors for your "pro career" you should probably conduct yourself like a pro would, and perhaps even show a sliver of sportsmanship. Letting assholes like this off the hook because they think they changed the meaning by aggressively saying it over and over again to eachother on the internet in a different context is complete bullshit. If someone said this in a chess tournament against an opponent I imagine they would be treated the same way, and I only use chess as an example because it's the closest thing to "e-sports" I can think of at the moment.

Sometimes you just gotta grow up from whatever badly influenced habits you may have had (and maybe didn't realize you had) in the past. I doubt this player will be using language like this anytime in his future "pro" endeavors, and hopefully others who think this kind of abusive language is okay, however desensitized to it they think they've become, will see the repercussions of this and choose their words better if they ever compete in a professional tournament.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 15:30 Mordecai Walfish

http://digg.com/video/an-angry-londoner-contemplates-the-traffic

video was taken down

Vape was my word of the year in 2013, the first year I didn't smoke a single cigarette since I had started in the 90's. Still going strong, and enjoying vaping very much =)

News Comments > etc.
32. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 20:43 Mordecai Walfish

The whole GG thing is the stupidest thing to happen in gaming that I can recall in the past couple years. Let's get back to playing the games, not policing what a sexist outlier of gamers is doing or give them any damn attention. I too think that gaming "media" is a fucking joke and advertisement tool for publishers mostly, as I'm sure many of the regulars here would agree, but we'll all need a better platform than what GG has become to see any change or be taken seriously in that regard.

GG is in it's death bed at this point, looking for hashtags to fuel it's life support system, and it just isn't working. Move on.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
10. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 8, 2014, 19:07 Mordecai Walfish

i just keep version 1.0 installed non-steam with SAAC for proper analog controller support and SA:MP compatibility. They will never be able to cripple the game with updates this way. What happens when all the music licenses from the game run out? They release a patch completely removing the soundtrack? lol  

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Released
2. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Released Nov 4, 2014, 19:37 Mordecai Walfish

Kind of disappointed that the promised discount for existing owners of Binding of Isaac was changed to only apply towards people pre-ordering the game. I quit playing the original after the shitty flash engine completely froze up on me on my best run ever.. kind of left a sour taste in my mouth, and made me anticipate the release of Rebirth.

Guess I'm gonna wait for a steam sale, no doubt it will be in the christmas sale if not sooner.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 4, 2014, 19:31 Mordecai Walfish

Never heard of those PS3 issues with the game before. Plays wonderfully on PC.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - NS2 Combat
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - NS2 Combat Oct 31, 2014, 20:21 Mordecai Walfish

The number of people playing on the friday night of release is roughly the number of folks I saw in the livestream chat, ~90.

Flopzilla.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - NS2 Combat
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - NS2 Combat Oct 31, 2014, 16:14 Mordecai Walfish

Only called a moba by people who don't know what a moba is. "Derp, its multiplayer, it's online, it's a battle, and the map iz an arena!"  

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
32. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 27, 2014, 17:50 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 14:19:
Based on this, my assumption stands: the AMD results are an 8GB single GPU card that isn't available yet on the market (or it's a typo). The AMD results are single GPU as claimed. You get the same frame rate (and higher mins) under Mantle with a $300 290X that you get with a $600 980 GTX.

[url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131584]
posted earlier in the thread[/url]

perhaps you have the postee on an ignore list or something or overlooked it..

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Halloween Event
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Halloween Event Oct 24, 2014, 03:20 Mordecai Walfish

bhcompy wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 00:59:
Let me guess... free hats?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6XtsPXtPkc

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 21, 2014, 02:01 Mordecai Walfish

Been a huge fan of CCCP (The Combined Community Codec Pack) since I first discovered it around 2005. Combined with QT-lite to prevent having to install apple's shitty Quicktime bloatware that was used as a trojan horse for other shitty software like iTunes (don't know if they still do this..), it's become my go-to media player for windows pc's.  

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 15:06 Mordecai Walfish

Such a trash article. It would take someone really friggin stupid to expect a "holo-deck type experience" from the first generation of consumer VR. This product is for people who are interested in embarking.g on the first steps towards that, not people who expect the complete holo-deck experience when we can't even get decent internet (upload speeds, at least) in most places. Dumb dumb dumb  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 30, 2014, 17:52 Mordecai Walfish

It bends, but does it blend?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2014, 20:06 Mordecai Walfish

life is feudal looks interesting, and it's $5 cheaper if you buy it from their website: (don't know if that comes with a steam key though)

http://www.lifeisfeudal.com/LiFYO

News Comments > Styx Next Month; New Trailers
14. Re: Styx Next Month; New Trailers Sep 28, 2014, 19:29 Mordecai Walfish

Task wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 18:16:
I take it people are not looking forward to this. Looks pretty interesting to me. Pretty cool to play as a Goblin for once, the ancient creatures that lurk in the shadow and dark places of the Earth.

Apparently this is a prequel to the "Of Orcs and Men" video game.

It does look interesting. I appreciate when games break away from having the same reused hero role. Looks like they are putting a lot of thought into ways to make the orc unique, as well as including some regular conventions of the stealth genre.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 27, 2014, 15:20 Mordecai Walfish

So nice of arsTechnica to run a 2-page advertisement for Thrustmaster in the form of an article!

I always wanted the Warthog HOTAS ever since it was released, but the price has kept me from it. The really appealing element for me was the hall-effect sensors used in the stick. The most common part to mess up in a good (or cheap) flight stick is the potentiometers they use in them. Hall effect sensors are much more resilient and accurate, and have shown to not be nearly as failure prone as old potentiometers used in joysticks. Also, they lack the need for any "dead zone calibration" and such as they are instantly calibrated upon being plugged in, with no "dead zone" unless you artificially create one in software. I picked up a much cheaper joystick from Thrustmaster with hall-effect sensors, the t-16000m. Cheaply made plastic shell and buttons on it, but the joystick itself is excellent.

News Comments > Styx Next Month; New Trailers
1. Re: Styx Next Month; New Trailers Sep 27, 2014, 14:59 Mordecai Walfish

That's not Styx! I vividly remember the real Styx...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCH9edA4Gdw

782 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo