Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Choobeastia

Real Name Choobeastia   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Long time gamer who got addicted to Blues News during the wonderful stays that it sat right beside my Stomped bookmark and those of a few other Quake-centric sites.... I miss the Quake guy in the logo.
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 16, 2011, 06:35
Total Comments 12 (Suspect)
User ID 56171

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Known Issues
49. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 5, 2013, 04:36 Choobeastia

Morgan19 wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 17:02:
^ Assuming you're not playing HC, wouldn't spotting be more effective and efficient?

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I exclusively play on HC servers with no mini-map, no 3d spotting, and no hit-indicators.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Known Issues
38. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 16:46 Choobeastia

For the flare grenade, I had a friend running as support using this to great effect. I was in the attack jet and if he ran into a vehicle he would flare the area for me so I could make a more precise run. It worked decently.

Other than that, no area of any map is dark enough to justify it.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 27, 2013, 16:27 Choobeastia

While I know there's a whole lot of EA hate out there, what you're saying sounds to me like, "listen, the other guys are crapping on you and they're JUST pissing on you, grow up and take it."

I appreciate the 24 hour period of time, but unless a release was as extreme as Sim City's was so far as badness goes you don't always know within the first 24 hours if you hate something. Many people will get up in the morning, try a round of BF4, then go to work and not be able to play until the next day and thus not get a reliable window in which to form an opinion of the product.

Only because it's a licensed product can they get away with it. Most states have laws concerning return policies that are up there a bit in days, while video games float over that issue nicely by being licensed.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 5, 2013, 20:37 Choobeastia

What I hear from this? "NSA has great success cracking Tor, plants honeypot story."  

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details
8. Re: More Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Sep 20, 2013, 16:12 Choobeastia

I kind of love that their big innovation is having the browser and other information in the game itself. It's like they're trying to sell as a major new feature something we've had since the late 90s.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Launches
7. Re: MechWarrior Online Launches Sep 18, 2013, 11:36 Choobeastia

I see lots of problems with their development and the title in general, but this isn't one of them. The truth would be more, "pay for variation." The variants that you get for MC aren't really any better, just slightly different (sometimes even worse!) except for the fact that you can get a C-Bill boost from them.

Just my two cents, as I hate access to something being called pay to win when the thing you're paying for isn't an advantage in the field.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders Announced
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 02:28 Choobeastia

I'm not even sure I'd give them functional. I play strictly for multiplayer, and even when dealing with the insane turn time (as you mentioned) two of my friends and I (in separate games) have failed to get past turn 100 due to crashes.

I want to like the game, I like the concept behind it all. What I don't like is the crashing (I haven't bothered with the forum in a while, as it was 90% people telling me to wait for the next patch, including devs), the counter-intuitive interface (the research window especially. Why oh why didn't they keep the research screen movement from SotS I, where it was easy and intuitive?!), the auto-resolve system, and the already mentioned turn times.

Basically I like the devs, I like the concepts, I like the world and story, and I don't like the game, nor can I stand to "try it again" as I've been told many times in the past and kept getting burned by.

Sorry to take it all off track. Hopefully this game is fun, and it funds an expansion that fixes SotS II. I just don't want anything more to do with the devs until I see something fun from my preorder and choice not to take advantage of the refund.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 00:01 Choobeastia

Oh, I think the Pit is a deviation as well. They made something fun, but it just wasn't what I (and I know a few others) hoped for. Basically, I would like them to either make SotS II amazing somehow, or make a new one that is.

Effectively, I'm looking for a space-based multiplayer 4x game that's fantastic and stable. This new game might be tons of fun, but it's just not what I hoped I see from them next.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 22:59 Choobeastia

I'm made really sad by what this company has been producing. I loved Sword of the Stars, and I enjoyed The Pit for what it was. Sword of the Stars 2 never managed to be properly functional for TONS of people, and this doesn't look to be anything that I'm interested in. Basically, I would like for them to continue making classic Sword of the Stars things, but I just don't love the angle that they're taking with their new products.

I just hope things turn around.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online in September
12. Re: MechWarrior Online in September Jul 5, 2013, 20:54 Choobeastia

I'm a big fan of the game so far. There are some balance issues, but they've been correcting them. As for them sticking too much to the table-top damage model, they're starting to drift away from it as they get things in. As well, I've found that many of the complaints about balance sometimes have a counter, such as LRMs and ECM.

The gameplay is visceral in both feel and sound, and it's speed is based on your choice of mech and the situation. If you get together with even one person you can organize very well and the game is extra fun then.

We're all waiting for the metagame, and I think that when it comes out the game will really start to shine if it's done well. I have high hopes. I just wish that mechs and maps were being released a bit faster.

News Comments > Arma 3 Beta Begins
17. Re: Arma 3 Beta Begins Jun 25, 2013, 19:47 Choobeastia

I really wanted to like Arma 2 but the "easy to ignore flaws" were sometimes gamebreaking bugs, like my friend's remapping of keys for his lefti-ness simply not working.

As much as I think the franchise has lots of potential, and was a massive fan of Flashpoint, after Arma and Arma 2 I think I'll wait for a demo before I risk money on this one.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 16, 2011, 01:40 Choobeastia

I wanted to state that the title provided felt a bit slanted against Kalypso, and was hoping you might adjust it to remove that feel from it, especially in light of the fact that I don't feel that it's news. As others who responded posted, the price disparity exists via Steam and many other sources regardless of the company, though for some it's greater than for others. I know that it's not unusual for some of my EU friends to ask for me to gift them something so that they can get the US price and then pay the appropriate taxes and duties manually rather than having to deal with Valve's calculations concerning the matter.

I believe a more accurate statement may be "Game price disparities in different regions." It doesn't target Kalypso, and the fact of the matter is that it's not just them so it doesn't make editorial sense to single them out.

12 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo