Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for a7m2

Real Name a7m2   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname a7m2
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2011, 01:48
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 56169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 19:59 a7m2

Dades wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 19:31:
a7m2 wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 19:22:
Nobody's forcing you to play it. Don't you think that we're lucky to even get this port at all, from a small dev team inexperienced with a PC platform?

Nobody is forcing you to defend it so vigorously and yet here you are too. It's not an act of charity, they release a PC game and the market judges it accordingly. Most don't that it was a console game before or that the developers don't know much about the platform. If you want to treat it differently because the developers don't make many PC games then thats your right but it's not going to stop other people from treating it appropriately.

As for the controls, the keyboard and mouse are the standard forms of input on the PC so gamers generally like to see them well accounted for in the porting process. This shouldn't be difficult to understand and whatever controls are "optimal" doesn't really matter, it's a point of preference.

Make sure to mention all these valid points in the next petition.
Nobody's forcing me to defend this port, true, I'm not on anybody's payroll or anything like that. I am a big fan of the Souls series and I'm pleased with the result. Yet again I must say that I was expecting a much worse product. All the stated issues (which could or could not be avoided) are not gamebreaking. And in time I'm sure the PC version is going to be the best one overall.
And developers who actually listen to gamers, don't lie and cover up issues, who are willing to take risks deserve some respect. Don't you think so?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 19:22 a7m2

Jerykk wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 18:24:
a7m2 wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 16:26:
Honestly I can only laugh at people bashing DaS port. What exactly is wrong with it? Use a goddamn controller, this game was meant to play via controller. From Software did a great job with this port, considering all the circumstances, I was afraid it's going to be quite bad to be honest. But it's not. The resolution fix is also available free of charge and takes exactly 1 minute to install and configure.

Shill or troll? Hard to tell these days. If a game needs an unofficial hack just to render at proper resolutions, it's not a good port. If a port has its framerate capped at 30 FPS, it's not a good port. Toss GFWL on top and you end up with the second worst port in PC gaming history (second only to RE4 which had no lighting effects and no mouse support).

second worst port in PC gaming history

Ahahahaha, ok man. Nobody's forcing you to play it. Don't you think that we're lucky to even get this port at all, from a small dev team inexperienced with a PC platform? Things could be much worse as I already said. Everything else is your personal problem. Bad KBM support? Well, as I said before - use a controller, it's way more natural in this case. GFWL was a bad choice for sure but it's not giving me any headaches yet, though I might be lucky with this one. 30 FPS cap is also not a greatest of deals, but again it's not that horrible in this case. And with the fix game looks great, better than on consoles.
It's not the greatest of ports but it's certainly not the worst. First attempt and it's pretty satisfactory. It's quite playable and devoid of any new bugs or glitches as far as I can tell.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 17:37 a7m2

"From Software" is the name of the dev studio broski.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Software

I didn't quite get your reply. Do you have some actual complaints about this port? Let's hear them out.
I'm enjoying it greatly so far, playing with my dualshock3. Even GFWL is behaving nice and properly.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 16:26 a7m2

Honestly I can only laugh at people bashing DaS port. What exactly is wrong with it? Use a goddamn controller, this game was meant to play via controller. From Software did a great job with this port, considering all the circumstances, I was afraid it's going to be quite bad to be honest. But it's not. The resolution fix is also available free of charge and takes exactly 1 minute to install and configure.  

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo