Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for adamj

Real Name adamj   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 9, 2011, 16:24
Total Comments 5 (Suspect)
User ID 56157

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 18, 2013, 11:07 adamj

I recently purchased a new PC rig and a 3ds. I'm amazed at how the machine with vastly inferior specs grabs my interest much more effectively due to relying strictly on fun gameplay and kid-friendly content so that I can have my three year old watch with me.

I quickly played through Bioshock Infinite, thought it was fine, but immediately returned to Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart 7, Mario 3d land...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mistborn Announced
8. Re: Mistborn Announced Mar 28, 2012, 16:41 adamj

I've read the trilogy and the stand alone novel. I actually think the trilogy is one of the best trilogies I've ever read. Brandon is very creative with his plots and his magic systems. His novels have a lot of unexpected twists and turns. I highly recommend his work.  

News Comments > More on PC Arkham City
8. Re: More on PC Arkham City Sep 27, 2011, 11:35 adamj

Anybody know why they never release games with DirectX 10 support anymore? Its either 9 or 11 these days. That's kind of frustrating as an owner of a Geforce 260.  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Mar 18, 2011, 12:55 adamj

The top 2% does not control 90% of the wealth. And even if it did, what do you propose we do about it? I hate the idea of government saying, you have too much wealth, let's take it and give it to others. That opens up a bag of potential massive corruption.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_in_the_United_States#Wealth_Inequality_and_Class

"In 2004, the wealthiest 25% of US households owned 87% ($43.6 trillion) of the country’s wealth, while the bottom quartile held no net wealth at all."

Many times it is the fault of the poor that they have no net wealth at all. I'm not saying I won't personally help them by donating time and money ( I do), nor do I say that all of them are to blame for their situation. But dropping out of school, getting pregnant in high school with some random guy, doing drugs, etc will lead to poverty. While doing well in school, and working hard can lead to becoming wealthy. Duh. But who the hell are you or who the hell am I to say when somebody is too wealthy and that his wealth should be confiscated. As long as he earns it ethically, that is.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 9, 2011, 11:33 adamj

I really yearn for the old Bluesnews that didn't drive off into the political weeds with "Fox Bad" while posting more and more content from The Huffington Post. A pox on all their houses. And now back to gaming...

+1

Though I'll definitely concede that it is a stupid article, but, after playing the demo, it is also an incredibly immature, juvenile game that was no fun to play.

Blue could sometimes be linking Daily Caller if he wanted to maintain some balance, I guess. It's a gaming site, I don't come here to start political debates. That's what I spend the rest of my time on the internet doing.

But whatever. He isn't overly preachy about it - though it is very obvious that he's a liberal who is pro net neutrality, believes in global wubba, and hates Fox News.

5 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo