Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kunic

Real Name kunic   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2011, 20:15
Total Comments 18 (Suspect)
User ID 56140

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 26, 2013, 22:54 kunic

nin wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 22:34:
Report: OS overhead takes up 3.5GB of PS4ís 8GB of RAM.
I'm guessing at least a chunk of that is the video recording for sharing, a feature I doubt I'll use much...

I think you'd be surprised. You never know when a really cool or funny moment will crop up that you'd be able to then capture and upload for everyone to see.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
4. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 27, 2013, 21:38 kunic

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 21:36:
I wonder who is actually playing D3 right now... even if you aren't bored to death, it's pointless to play before patch 1.09(assuming it comes out in our lifetimes) when they do the re-itemization.

There are tens of thousands of bots of course, but I can't picture living people still in D3 at this point. This is dead time for that game.

I'm currently playing D3. But it's more or less to see what's changed since launch. My goal is to hit at least Paragon 50 and be geared enough to handle MP8, then I'm waiting for 1.0.9.

News Comments > Battle for Graxia Ending
4. Re: Battle for Graxia Ending Jun 10, 2013, 11:17 kunic

Yakubs wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 10:04:
Maybe try making an original game next time.

You mean like Riot did with LoL? lol

News Comments > The International Tickets Next Week
4. Re: The International Tickets Next Week May 4, 2013, 17:42 kunic

dj LiTh wrote on May 3, 2013, 17:54:
Wikidd wrote on May 3, 2013, 17:14:
Actually, this is the third international. It's the second in Seattle; the first was in Europe.

While I'm at it, I think Valve uses the term Action-RTS (ARTS) instead of MOBA

They could call Counterstrike an Action simulator but that doesnt mean its not a FPS and shouldnt be called a FPS. Once they actually create something themselves then they can name it whatever they want.

The term MOBA didn't even exist until Dota 2 was announced. Until then Riot was calling LoL a "dota-like" game and even had an FAQ on how LoL was different and "better" than DotA. But once Dota 2 got announced it would have been really bad for them to continue calling their game "dota-like", so they made up some arbitrary acronym and henceforth the genre was known as MOBA to the masses.

The correct acronym, of course, is ARTS. Dota 2 is an RTS that's more action oriented. MOBA, however, could be used to describe Counterstrike, or even Starcraft. It's too generic of a term that literally applies to every online PvP arena-based game.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2013, 18:15 kunic

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 15:41:
I suppose another one will pop right up.

A friend in Japan says they're super strict about torrenting. He says Sony totally pushes the gov't to crack down even harder than they do here in the US.

Another friend in Spain says the opposite. The Spanish courts and gov't could care less, and he torrents everything.

This isn't about torrents; it's about Tor. Read up about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)

News Comments > Warframe Open Beta
2. Re: This is Pay 2 Win rubbish. Feb 14, 2013, 10:42 kunic

Ripperjack wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 09:28:
This game is blatiant Pay 2 Win rubbish, which rewards you for using your daddy's credit card, rather than developing any skill.

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Play FireFall and Defiance instead.

The only thing in the game you really have to buy is more Warframe slots and more Weapon slots. But even then you're only spending ~10-15$ to get more than you need. Besides, how can a PvE-only game truly be pay-to-win? It's more of a pay for convenience than anything.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta This Month
17. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta This Month Jan 10, 2013, 13:54 kunic

1AngryGamer wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 13:41:
I thought this game was terrible. Those of you saying its better than D3? umm no

You may not like D3 due to your DRM phobias and the auction house but it still is a rockin game up until you have to become an Auction house whore. This game is no D3. Its barely Din's Curse

Did you even play it for more than 2 hours? PoE is significantly better than D3. In virtually every way it is a better game.

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 13:20:
So if you played the game beta 4 5 questions

1) Are quests (are there quests?) you take instanced for you (and your group? are there groups? What size limit), or are they public property and so there is a large queue standing in front of a boss spawn?

2) How is PvP handled, can I choose not to partake, or can a high level dude walk into the newb areas of another race and kill everyone.

3) Random levels... how is that handled? Or has it the same problem as Diablo 3.. that is after a while you can see the "tells" of the "random" generator and so know instantly where everything is. Are overland maps random?

4) How is in-game communication handled... mail system? Is there an auction house and bank system? How does trade work (sorry, but what you wrote makes no sense to me... gold less trade?

5) Good story? AI companions?

These are the main things for me that nobody here ever explains properly. To me the primary factor of enjoyment (same for Diablo 3) is whether I can choose to play solo. I don't mind if it's online all that much, but if I don't want to be social on a day, does this game force me to be or not?

1) All areas are instanced, including for quests. When you form a party (forget the limit) all party members will play on the same instance. So there's no line to farm a boss or anything like that.

2) For the general game there is a sort of arena-style PvP. However in one of the games leagues you can invade other players and take their items. This is entirely optional however.

3) The levels for PoE are more randomized than any game in the genre in terms of dungeons. There aren't premade rooms; there are premade parts of the room such are door ways, pillars and such. Here's a video GGG put out on how levels are generated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcM9Ynfzll0

4) No AH, but there is a stash which is essentially your banking. You communicate via chat channels. No mail system.

5) The story is alright, but it's not in-your-face. It's there just for there to be a reason for your character to be doing what he/she is doing. No AI companions with the exception of being a minion master.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2013, 14:12.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta This Month
2. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta This Month Jan 10, 2013, 09:37 kunic

pagb wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 09:33:
So... is it any good? I managed to try for a couple hours it during one of the free weekends and left me pretty "meh".

Like Diablo 2 the game starts out extremely slow. You don't get many skills and the overall character progression sucks early on. The fun starts post-level 20 when you can begin really developing your character. And there's so many character build possibilities the game will draw you back in as you come up with them. Just gotta get past the slow start.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Dec 18, 2012, 15:53 kunic

WyldKat wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:38:
Meanwhile GW2 players will be getting an expansions worth of content, for free, from the January/February game updates.

Source

Even Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 was getting more content in its content patches (which was only about half a dozen people working on the game as most of the team went on to A Realm Reborn). I think the problem here is that, like Yoshida said for XIV ARR, you can add in a dozen quests with heavy use of voice acting (ie. ToR) or you can add in a hundred quests with text dialogue for the same production cost. Sure you lose the novelty of voices, but you get so much more content.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Linux Indications
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Linux Indications Oct 24, 2012, 19:04 kunic

As I just switched over to Linux, this makes me very happy. Though personally I'd prefer getting Dota 2 before TF2 in Linux (as TF2 works flawlessly in Wine, where as Dota 2 has a few issues).  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video
13. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 11, 2012, 07:59 kunic

Dades wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 17:46:
Few other companies would have the sack to say they're sorry and try to fix the game from the ground up. How about a trailer showing something other than cinematics? Damn Square-Enix loves their bloody CGI.

Yoshi said they were going to be heavily releasing gameplay footage, starting at Gamescom. It's not just "hey, here's us killing some mobs" either, but also in-depth videos which include tutorials on some of their new systems.

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
12. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Jul 24, 2012, 17:02 kunic

To everyone complaining about the game being always online, please stfu. The game is free-to-play. Do you honestly expect a LAN mode? That'd be like League of Legends or Dota 2 offering LAN as well (ie. stupid). It was a valid complaint with Diablo 3 because you paid $60 for it, but Path of Exile is completely free and not pay-to-win either.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration
3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 21:34 kunic

There's only one problem with this plan..... Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend.  

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest
5. Re: Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest Jul 30, 2011, 22:08 kunic

raVen wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 21:59:
kunic wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 21:41:
Btw, I don't play HoN, I just actually do some research before speaking.

Why don't you ACTUALLY do some research?
It's not pay to win, dumbass:

Three words: Early Access Program. That, my friend, is pay to win. If you disagree then you are either a blatant fanboy or just really stupid.

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest
2. Re: Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest Jul 30, 2011, 21:41 kunic

You miss the point entirely Creston, the new system is a pay-to-win system. Before the game was pretty competitive, this kills any competitiveness it had and is just an attempt to milk the game before DoTA 2 comes out and crushes it for good. Btw, I don't play HoN, I just actually do some research before speaking.  

News Comments > Rise of Immortals Open Beta
3. Re: Rise of Immortals Open Beta Jul 7, 2011, 09:49 kunic

Frijoles wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 01:30:
Anyone try this yet? Worth the beta download?

No, not worth your time. A friend and I (veteran League of Legends players) tried it out the other day. Essentially, whilst being a DoTA clone, it rips off League of Legends a lot. It has almost the exact same UI as LoL (as opposed to being like HoN's or DoTA's). No deny, no secret shops, etc. It even stole the brush mechanic that LoL invented.

Tower's are really bad (worse than LoL's, which until now were considered to be the worst of the three DoTA games). They have a slow firing rate and don't deal a ton of damage. By about 20 minutes in you and another player can solo any tower without the need of creeps. The UI is also pretty unresponsive. You'll cast what should be an instant cast spell and still have to wait a second or two. The shop recipe's are also very bad. Basically there aren't any recipe's. You buy 1 item and just keep upgrading it to higher tiers. Pretty basic.

Graphically speaking the game looks only slightly better than the original DoTA whilst running far worse than League of Legends (I can only manage 40 fps on Ultra settings; bear in mind that I can run Crysis 2 DX11 1080p and still get 45 fps).

The only decent thing I can say about the game is the jungle creeps. They give tons of XP and gold per kill. Makes jungling way more important than LoL/HoN/DoTA. But yeah, avoid this game. It may still be in beta, but I don't foresee it fixing these fundamental issues.

News Comments > Rise of Immortals Beta Key Giveaway
5. Re: Rise of Immortals Beta Key Giveaway May 16, 2011, 15:43 kunic

By the looks of it, it's a blatent ripoff of League of Legends. Now, true, LoL is based on DoTA, but Rise of Immortals copies almost exactly LoLs interface (which is quite different than DoTAs), and has similar champions. It uses an art-style more in ken to Heroes of Newerth though. In my opinion, if DoTA isn't your thing or you want something new, I'd go with LoL. It's made by the guys that made DoTA Allstars.  

News Comments > DC Universe Online Patched
3. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 15:18 kunic

LittleMe wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 14:31:
It looks like a good MMO and I hope it does well but it looks too kiddie for my taste.

As a villain you can:

1) Overdose junkies, causing them to die.
2) Shove citizens off buildings to their death.
3) Beat up random citizens and rob them.
4) Knock out a cop, place a bomb on him, let him run away and explode.
5) Knock out a car thief, rig the car with a car bomb, let him wake up then drive off and explode.

Still too kiddie for you?

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2011, 15:57.

18 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo