Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for reisub

Real Name reisub   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname reisub
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 21, 2011, 21:48
Total Comments 423 (Amateur)
User ID 56136

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV
45. Re: Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV Feb 28, 2011, 18:12 reisub

Pankin wrote on Feb 28, 2011, 17:04:
reisub wrote on Feb 28, 2011, 13:36:
I was thinking recently about how I'd go about hooking my PC up to the TV in a relatively simple, low latency way (the PC's a fair distance from the TV). I don't know if they'll be looking at the hardware or just software but I'll my keeping an eye on it.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing the same thing...in 1998...so I did. MP3s via Winamp + visualizations on the big screen back when it was totally novel. Boy, those were the days.
Yes, I've done that in the past too but as my PC is nowhere near my TV I was more thinking about losslessly streaming the video and 5.1 sound over 802.1n to a low power box under the TV. If latency and/or bandwith proved too much of an issue then a HomeplugAV setup would probably do the job. You keep living in the last millennium though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gaikai Live
34. Re: Gaikai Live Feb 28, 2011, 13:37 reisub

I agree. Half the charm of the PC for me is the openness and possibility to tweak things.  

News Comments > Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV
8. Re: Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV Feb 28, 2011, 13:36 reisub

I was thinking recently about how I'd go about hooking my PC up to the TV in a relatively simple, low latency way (the PC's a fair distance from the TV). I don't know if they'll be looking at the hardware or just software but I'll my keeping an eye on it.

Have they mentioned game streaming? I would have thought they'd be technically savvy enough to know that couldn't work.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 Screenshots, Details
14. Re: Serious Sam 3 Screenshots, Details Feb 28, 2011, 13:31 reisub

Hopefully the levels will be fairly open arenas. That was one of the appeals for me of the originals.

Splitscreen would be great too but I'm not really expecting that.

News Comments > Gaikai Live
20. Re: Gaikai Live Feb 28, 2011, 00:21 reisub

I played Spore and Dead Space 2 and came away mildly impressed.

Both games looked OK although Spore had an occasional black screen flash up. It always looked like you were playing a video rather than a local game as it was a little soft and there was mild blocking at times, but still a pretty high quality video all the same.

There's no way I'd want to play a full game on a service like this though, as the input lag while surprisingly low, was still very noticeable as you'd expect. I say surprisingly low because I was expecting unplayable but got functional if unenjoyable long-term.

As for the games themselves it's a pass. For one thing the Dead Space 2 demo was way too short, and the little I did see seemed fairly pedestrian. Oh, and I really hate that over the shoulder third-person view. x) Spore, well, as others have no doubt discovered, it was just a series of mini-games.

This is from the UK. I have no idea if they have any servers here but if not I guess it still has room to improve.

Would I use it again? If there wasn't the alternative of a proper demo to download and play locally then sure but I wouldn't like to see that become the norm, although it pretty much already has it seems.

too many carriage returns? :D

News Comments > OnLive Console with Homefront Preorders
2. Re: OnLive Console with Homefront Preorders Feb 26, 2011, 15:52 reisub

Might be interesting if the console could be hacked to run Linux or something.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
134. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 25, 2011, 16:56 reisub

Or they could have kept it like the first since it did really well.  

News Comments > Thief 4 Image
31. Re: Thief 4 Image Feb 25, 2011, 16:50 reisub

I really liked Thievery so multiplayer in that vein would be nice. *hint hint*  

News Comments > Gray Matter Released
4. Re: Gray Matter Released Feb 25, 2011, 11:44 reisub

I completely forgot I already downloaded the demo. I'll check it out then most likely buy it soon after.  

10. Re: Thief 4 Image Feb 25, 2011, 11:02 reisub

Personally I loved all 3 in the series. I hope this doesn't spoil it.

Lots of games sporting a first-person perspective sell metric shitloads on consoles so why do we have to shift to third? Eidos need new cookie cutters if they're doing what it looks like they're doing.

Hopefully it was just a cutscene. Would be a shame if the traditional Thief style cutscenes didn't return but I could certainly live with it.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2011, 11:16.

News Comments > Gray Matter Released
1. Re: Gray Matter Released Feb 25, 2011, 10:17 reisub

Have there been any reviews? Loved Gabriel Knight so I'm really hoping this is good.  

4. Re: Thief 4 Image Feb 25, 2011, 10:14 reisub

Please please please don't let this be in third-person. I think I would die a little inside.  

News Comments > Steam Screenshots Live
13. Re: Steam Screenshots Live Feb 25, 2011, 09:23 reisub

It's also the SysRq key, which has it's uses in Linux systems. Not that that's relevant here or anything.  

11. Re: Steam Screenshots Live Feb 25, 2011, 09:12 reisub

Heh. It was a joke. I thought that would be obvious.  

News Comments > Golfstar Launches
2. Re: Golfstar Launches Feb 25, 2011, 07:55 reisub

If your ball goes in a bush can you kick it out when nobody is looking?  

News Comments > PC Fable III in May
11. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 25, 2011, 07:54 reisub

Jerykk wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 23:19:
I'm more interested in a port of LIMBO.
I fear it will never happen.

7. Re: Steam Screenshots Live Feb 25, 2011, 07:53 reisub

Finally I can hit F12 instead of Print Screen.  

News Comments > Doctor Who MMOG
11. Re: Doctor Who MMOG Feb 25, 2011, 07:50 reisub

Since it's BBC Worldwide there's no license fee money involved. If it ever manages to make a profit (haha) then that would go back to the BBC, which they could then use for executive salaries programming, so it's a win win. Seems an odd idea though. I wonder what the target audience is? I assume the kiddy market.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2011, 07:57.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus
86. Re: Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus Feb 24, 2011, 15:49 reisub

Most gamers are unthinking consumers these days. They just buy whatever is thrown their way, moan about it, and do the same thing again. Talk of pre-ordering, day one purchases etc. can only make gaming worse in the long run. I expect this to be good but who really knows? Plus EA are guaranteed to pull off at least a few dickish moves to further their profit margin.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
116. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 24, 2011, 15:42 reisub

It certainly *cutscene* seems a step *cutscene* back from *cutscene* the first to *cutscene* me.

Anyone else find the constant break to cutscenes annoying? I mean, there's a lot more wrong with it than that but man, that got old.

423 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo