Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for reisub

Real Name reisub   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname reisub
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 21, 2011, 21:48
Total Comments 423 (Amateur)
User ID 56136

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Jul 6, 2011, 20:36 reisub

Final word on the DRM? I know they made a climb down but what's actually in the finished product.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Graphics Mod
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Graphics Mod Jul 5, 2011, 15:35 reisub

Wow. I've had GTA IV sitting in my Steam list for quite a while now and this has made me want to install it.  

News Comments > DOTA2 Showing Soon?
2. Re: DOTA2 Showing Soon? Jul 4, 2011, 20:04 reisub

If it was exactly like LoL but with more than two maps and reliable servers it would have it beat, no?  

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Hotfix
2. Re: AMD Catalyst Hotfix Jul 4, 2011, 19:17 reisub

It offers support for AMD's new Fusion CPUs with built-in GPUs iirc. Not relevant if you don't have one.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2011, 20:57 reisub

Shok wrote on Jul 3, 2011, 14:27:
I was considering Men of War: Assault Squad but reading up on it it has no skirmish mode???? wtf is up with that?
I just bought it and yes it does. It's the first item in the main menu.

edit: ignore me, you're right. It's just the campaign.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2011, 21:14.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2011, 13:28 reisub

J wrote on Jul 3, 2011, 13:18:
Dude(s), they reduced the DLC on Assassin's Creed 2 many months ago.
What have they reduced it to? The same as Brotherhood or worse?

Somebody cut my card up so I can't buy it. >.<

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2011, 13:17 reisub

nin wrote on Jul 3, 2011, 13:15:
Tempted by Assassin's Creed 2 for that price, despite the DRM

I thought about that too, but then I remembered UBI doesn't want me as a customer.

No loss for me, still have a ton of other stuff to play.
I know, I know. I'd be selling myself. Bah, I'll remain strong. Ditto on the other games to play.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2011, 13:11 reisub

So the new deals are out.

Tempted by Assassin's Creed 2 for that price, despite the DRM. Never played the first but I hear the second is much better? Or should I just get both? I can get Brotherhood cheaper on Amazon.

I've got a mate badgering me to play Men of War: Assault Squad with him too, so might pick that up as well, despite knowing nothing about it. x)

News Comments > Portal 2 Map Contest Winners
7. Re: Portal 2 Map Contest Winners Jun 28, 2011, 16:11 reisub

Yes, it was the same in Portal. I said take off because, going by Valve's inclusion of a tat store, they appeared at least at one point to want people to play regularly, rather than once and forgetting about it (how else could you explain it?).

The only way this could happen is with regular new content and the best and cheapest way to achieve that would be through strong community support. An in-game portal ( ) could have provided a simple mechanism for the promotion and delivery of said content (see indie title Super Meat Boy for an example), giving fans what they wanted, encouraging development and presumably making Valve more money.

Hopefully they'll add it later but interest will have largely evaporated by then (if it hasn't already). Just seems a missed opportunity is all. Maybe they don't find it fun any more.

News Comments > Portal 2 Map Contest Winners
2. Re: Portal 2 Map Contest Winners Jun 28, 2011, 13:07 reisub

So when's the update that adds a proper interface for 3rd-party maps coming? They don't seem to want the game to take off.

Nice to bring attention to new maps though.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 25, 2011, 21:51 reisub

I think you're right. I'm in the same camp though. Won't pick up the others in the series but will get Brotherhood when I deem it cheap enough to count as a rental (since that's what it is.).  

News Comments > Windows L.A. Noire This Fall
65. Re: Windows L.A. Noire This Fall Jun 24, 2011, 05:43 reisub

They said the actors had to exaggerate their facial expressions in order for the system to actually pick them up. I'm sure if the actors were allowed they'd have done a more convincing job.

This is great news. I was beginning to think Rockstar had abandoned the PC. As long as the port isn't a write-off I'll definitely be picking this up. Nice to see a modern twist on the adventure genre.

Next up, Heavy Rain.

News Comments > 39 Steps and Other Literary Games Planned
5. Re: 39 Steps and Other Literary Games Planned Jun 24, 2011, 05:26 reisub

I'd have preferred The Man with the Child in His Eyes but Wuthering Heights will do.  

News Comments > FIFA 12 in September
4. Re: FIFA 12 in September Jun 22, 2011, 16:45 reisub

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/122160/fifa-12-trailer-new-engine-skips-pc

I assume this still applies, so I'm not buying it.

edit: looking into it more, it seems it may well match the console versions. Hard to resist then. Haven't bought a football game since PES4.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2011, 05:31.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 20, 2011, 07:19 reisub

When they say 720p, do they mean 720p? If so, that's a step up from COD:BlOps and I assume MW3 too. 30fps is gonna hurt though. Devilish  

69. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 13, 2011, 17:01 reisub

I didn't qualify for the privilege.  

67. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 13, 2011, 16:49 reisub

Dev wrote on Jun 12, 2011, 17:48:
reisub wrote on Jun 12, 2011, 16:54:
If this was released in 2004 would people have hated on it then? Is it simply outdated or just plain bad?
Yes.
Its not the outdated part, for instance 2 guns is modern halo crap. But duke was never about 2 guns in the past. Even the graphics not being top notch is forgivable to me. Its all the rest that makes it sound like crap.
Seriously, watch at least part of those youtube videos nin linked. I recommend the 2nd video where the reviewer summarizes everything, but even if you want to mute his comments and watch the gameplay itself, watch it.
I watched the second video but I'm somewhat conflicted. I didn't like what he said about it but kind of liked what I saw. I hate the two weapon idea, hate regenerating health, don't like the fact there's no exploration/secrets, too few encounters with enemies in some sections, lack of quick saves and poor checkpoint placement is dumb. On the other hand, while the driving sections looked clunky (why is it not in first-person?) the rest of the gameplay footage looked fun to me in a dumb shooter way.

That's a lot of stuff not to like though, so as I suspected, this is a bargain bin title. If this wasn't Duke there's no way I'd buy it, so that probably says a lot.

News Comments > U.K. Charts - Hail to the  King, Baby
11. Re: U.K. Charts - Hail to the  King, Baby Jun 13, 2011, 16:33 reisub

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 11:09:
Sigh, the British. Poor dental hygiene, latent urge to exert dominion over most of the world with an empire, bad taste in FPS games.
You forgot our food.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2011, 16:54 reisub

Despite all the bad comments I'm still tempted to get it. If this was released in 2004 would people have hated on it then? Is it simply outdated or just plain bad? I know the knee-jerk reaction would be that it's a stinker but I'm hoping there are at least some redeeming qualities.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2011, 16:40 reisub

If you could hold it with one hand and use the touchscreen as a trackpad it could work well for FPSs. Better than an analogue stick anyway.  

423 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo