Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sacrifex

Real Name Sacrifex   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2011, 15:57
Total Comments 49 (Suspect)
User ID 56124

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 2 Multiplayer Trailer
1. Re: Crysis 2 Multiplayer Trailer Mar 2, 2011, 18:40 Sacrifex

If message boards and their posters can be trusted (a dubious prospect to be sure, but I digress), the demo has certainly raised a good bit of mayhem. Unfortunately, it has been mostly on the PC pre-sale numbers, and overall consumer-confidence in the product.

I really wanted this game to be a standout - I'll still wait to read the reviews, but I'm not at all hopeful for the fate of this game as a PC SKU without a lot of changes.

Even after a second round of the demo, and all technical shortcomings aside, I'm not feeling anything more than bargain bin from the MP experience which is currently on the table.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo
19. Re: Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo Mar 1, 2011, 13:18 Sacrifex

The maps aren't big by any stretch of the means, but, as I'd feared from the anemic 6v6, even on a full server it feels like a ghost town. The maps should be half the size they currently are, at most, for 6v6. I had a bit of fun with this in moments where I ran into people, but, it seemed those moments were too few, and far in-between.

Like a person or two have said before me, my initial impression is that this is nothing but a Steam blowout sale purchase. $20 max, and I'd probably hold until $15 or so unless reviews indicate that things have been improved, or player-cap has at least doubled to 12v12.

If this demo was what was supposed to have me chomping at the bit for more, they've clearly lost perspective. Unlike some others, I don't think this is any console's fault here - this was just bad decision making. Perhaps in a different genre of sorts, but MNC has proved to me that you can have a team-based 6v6 game without it feeling empty and dull - you just have to account for the lack of people and make your maps small enough that people actually run into each other.

Oh, and more of a personal gripe than anything - the whole soft-focus/motion-blur thing is ghastly. It has been from the beginning - not just in Crytek games, but as a whole. If I wanted my games to look like someone smeared my monitor with a bucket of Vaseline, I'd just go buy some and lather it up. I can't be the only one that likes sharp presentation and crisp, clean edges, can I?

News Comments > On PC Bulletstorm
57. Re: On PC Bulletstorm Feb 24, 2011, 11:34 Sacrifex

Please, oh please let them blame piracy for shitty sales and drop out of the PC game market. Epic is a plague which can't go back to its beloved consoles fast enough. I didn't pour four to five 360's worth of cash into building a gaming PC to deal with shitty console ports which can't get basic function right.

I'll gladly pay a ten dollar premium over the long standing price point of fifty for a PC game, but not for garbage which the devs obviously couldn't care less about. Spare us the bullshit.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Demo March 1
12. Re: Crysis 2 Demo March 1 Feb 16, 2011, 12:40 Sacrifex

Six on six seems to work for one of my current favs, Monday Night Combat, but, the maps are tiny, somewhat open, and only one class can cloak.

Space it out a bit and let everyone do it? Yeah, I wonder how photorealistic the crickets will look.

I'll give it a morbid curiosity download, but, my hopes are not up at all right now. Consolitis cut this one deep.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 6, 2011, 20:01 Sacrifex

Considering the reviews of both, I'm very sad to see Breach outselling Monday Night Combat.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming
8. Re: Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming Jan 28, 2011, 12:01 Sacrifex

I was on the fence with this one, so I'm glad I'll be able to give it a go before dropping money on it. Bravo.  

News Comments > Legal Fallout Escalates
19. Re: Legal Fallout Escalates Jan 21, 2011, 15:56 Sacrifex

Having a preliminary injunction turned down means nothing in the long run - and certainly not that Interplay has the upper hand in anything at all here.

Outside of the imagination of a few misguided internet lawyers, Interplay is going to have a very tough fight ahead. There is no way a team of corporate lawyers left a gaping window like the one Caen is discussing here in a multimillion-dollar deal, then later missed it again and decided to proceed in a manner that would cost the company IP now worth far, far more than they paid.

Conversely, Interplay can just make whatever Batshit-crazyclaims they want - they've nothing to lose aside from their collective dignity, and they seem not to be to concerned about that.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jan 18, 2011, 18:13 Sacrifex

When I read the article, I didn't get the sense that he meant that TF2 was dead in the sense that nobody plays it - to the contrary, he was talking about the casual fun TF2 of old, which is clearly dead. If you're still trying to find something which offends your sensibilities, at least get past the title, which is about the latest point in that article one could read and draw the conclusion you did.

I loved the TF2 of old, and this article really nailed it for me. The game, from the outside, seems (perhaps the keyword there, seems) so needlessly complicated and bastardized that despite just building a new rig and having a greatly refreshed interest in PC gaming, I've not logged more than ten minutes of TF2 in months.

Perhaps the balance wasn't ruined, perhaps if the change was gradual I would be more receptive, and perhaps the game as a whole improved, but, for someone just booting up again, it's unappealing, and I'll just never find out. TF2, the fun multiplayer game where you could just hop in and play without worrying about needing to unlock a billion guns and gadgets is dead, for better or worse.

I miss it. Just one gamer's opinion. Well, after reading the article, at least two I suppose.

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
45. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 15, 2011, 12:17 Sacrifex

New, unproven, IP from a conceded, console-centric developer, with no way to test it to see if it's tripe?

Not even worth pirating-as-a-demo in my opinion - there are too many good games in my backlog to bother with something that the developers are actively trying to hide the gameplay of on only one of the three platforms. Maybe worth a bargain bin grab in a year or so, but I just went from heavily intrigued with a high likelihood of purchase, to disinterested.

If anything, thanks for my free time back. I'll filter my cash to some naive indie dev.

49 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo