Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sacrifex

Real Name Sacrifex   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2011, 15:57
Total Comments 49 (Suspect)
User ID 56124

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues
30. Re: BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues Oct 7, 2011, 14:27 Sacrifex

bawaga wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 13:39:

-Cheaters and exploiters are running around freely and all they can say is that you're studying them. How bout some early bans to restore faith in BF community

Stopped reading right there. If you really think it is more important to ban cheaters in a free beta they could sign up again for (costing a grand total of zero), rather than study their methods before primetime, then its very, very unlikely you're really capable of any worthwhile commentary.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
58. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 17:35 Sacrifex

Atomic wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 17:17:
Sacrifex wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 16:38:
The gaming industry truly disgusts me.

He says, while perusing, and taking the time to post in, a gaming industry related website. Seems to me, if you hated it so much, you couldn't stand to be even here... just sayin'...

Wow, did you hear the loud whooshing sound above you just now?

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
36. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 16:38 Sacrifex

Draugr wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:17:
Things like this make me embarrassed to be a gamer sometimes. The sexism in the gaming culture is the one thing I'd love to see take a hike, more than anything. That will take time, of course.

Also, why would fox news care about Women's equality? When did that happen? Pretty sure it's never unless you happen to be a Republican woman running for office.

I understand this thing were talking about in the game wasn't meant for primetime, but I think it is indicative of the 'gaming cultures' view of women (generally speaking of course, I understand that not all gamers would be guilty of this.)

Yeah, compared to the horrors of being called a nasty name in gaming code, the overall lack of fair pay, public mocking, glass ceilings, and instances of sexual harassment/assault women in other mainstream male dominated fields (Sports Journalism in this example) have to deal with seem like a blessing.

The gaming industry truly disgusts me.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Trailer
13. Re: Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Trailer Sep 2, 2011, 17:44 Sacrifex

Between MW3 absorbing a decent chunk of the undesirable crowd, and the tin-foil hatters saying they're passing because "zomg EA spyware is scanning my drives for noodz," I'm looking forward to the PC playerbase of BF3 being somewhat higher quality than average.

Not expecting miracles, but a few of the more vocal dregs are falling off, so, it's a start.

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
6. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Aug 17, 2011, 18:45 Sacrifex

Been running these (albeit, the preview 11.8 drivers released with the 11.7's) for over a month, without any problems: installing, or running.

While AMD certainly can improve their driver support (I'm looking at you Crossfire), I've yet to have/see any issues like the constant outpouring of "I installed these drivers and they killed my wife/child/dog, then made me watch while they barbequed/ate the battered corpses," that comes up in every single AMD driver thread here on Blues.

I've used multiple mismatched Crossfire setups in my day, with beta drivers, and no lack of overclocking/tweaking - If this stuff is as common is it would seem, shouldn't I have been gruesomely killed in some sort of explosive driver snafu by now?

5-6+ years ago, sure, the drivers were a mess - now? Either fanboi lulz, or PEBKAC.

News Comments > New AMD Drivers and Driver Preview
2. Re: New AMD Drivers and Driver Preview Jul 27, 2011, 17:06 Sacrifex

The 11.7's seem kinda meh based on the changelog, but, the Preview 11.8's interest me very much with a potential 30% boost using MLAA. I'm hopping on that bandwagon myself, because hey, why not?  

News Comments > Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch
5. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 16, 2011, 19:13 Sacrifex

I'm glad to hear the crippleware function is being removed, but let's not confuse damage control with good will.

Removing crippling DRM is great and all, but I can't help but feel like someone being told that even though the chef farted in my dinner, it's ok because they fanned off the stink before bringing it out for me to eat. That's great, but, I'd prefer if nobody farted in my dinner in the first place.

Bon appetit?

(Edit - Autocorrect is fun!)

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2011, 19:29.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Specs?
10. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 13:14 Sacrifex

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. (Edit - re: 10 v 15 gigs)

On the console hating bit, yeah, this time around a dev decided to go big on PC, but for every time that happens, there are another fifty times that the console players get superior experiences as they're the lead SKU, and our beefy PC's get shitty ports.

Realistically, there's not much to mock them about - most times their antique hardware does them more favors than our crazy overkill rigs, and at a fraction of the cost.

That said, I still can't wait to play this monster at its best.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Demo
62. Re: Dungeon Siege III Demo Jun 7, 2011, 18:39 Sacrifex

On the subject of the Steam forums... if it had one, it seems that it's been pulled. Link is down on the game page, and I can't find anything.

I'd toss in my few cents, but it I think everything has already been said about this steamer.

Edit: Oops, found the DS Series board. I was looking for a specific game board. I am shamed.

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM
4. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 25, 2011, 21:43 Sacrifex

Lost my sale right there. First day -> Never.

I can deal with online activations, and other sane forms of DRM, even if I don't like being treated like a criminal as a paying customer, but I will never pay money to own a piece of crippleware which requires a persistent connection. Wouldn't buy anything from Ubi, and won't buy this.

Fuck Capcom - hope it gets hacked in a week, just so they can sit on it and spin.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed May 21, 2011, 17:58 Sacrifex

If there is one upside to the Brink apologists, it's that we can now have an objective way to determine if a site/reviewer is simply a Devwhore/mouthpiece, or instead, if they've got the balls to rag on a bad game when needed.

Site gives sub-par, buggy, over-hyped game almost 90% rating, and publishes an article after-the-fact trying to say we're simply too dumb to understand the game, unlike themselves whom possess the intelligence to see the beauty in it... Check! Yep, they're tools.

On the other hand, props to any site/editor that wasn't afraid to blast a crappy product for fear of reprisal, etc...

News Comments > Brink Patch Next Week
21. Re: Brink Patch Next Week May 21, 2011, 12:34 Sacrifex

ColoradoHoudini wrote on May 20, 2011, 22:37:
At this point.. I am waiting for a demo that won't ever come huh?

The absolute last thing they want you to be doing is testing their code without already having spent your non-refundable money right now.

They're not exactly going to be attracting players in droves if the players can see the state the game is in. At this juncture, it's time to cash in on people who are willing to buy early without testing, because this game is going bargain bin fast.

News Comments > PC Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition in July
7. Re: PC Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition in July Apr 12, 2011, 12:50 Sacrifex

baltar wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 11:53:
what's stupid is releasing 20 versions of this game when they can just issue patches.. were paying for rebalancing fixes ffs!

You're showing your age, youngster. History lesson - there were six different arcade versions of Street Fighter 2, and even more console versions on top of that. And back in the day, DLC didn't exist, so if you wanted the newest version, you paid full price. Every time.

If you really expected one-and-done here, you're playing the wrong series.

Though I'm usually not a fan of the site, this article seems good enough, educate yourself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_II

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 2 Mar 22, 2011, 16:53 Sacrifex

Yay for mediocrity!

Oh, and I totally called them removing the CVAR changes, because we are nasty, naughty cheaters for not wanting to look at blurry, over-bloomed pigshit with a horrible FOV to boot. Perhaps if any configuration options were available we wouldn't need them.

The game running poorly on consoles - the same ones they gutted the concept of a Crysis game for - is very telling. It's not that they don't care about PC gamers anymore, actually they just don't give a crap about gamers in general.

Gogo Captain Cashin!

News Comments > Crysis 2 Video Interview
3. Re: Crysis 2 Video Interview Mar 21, 2011, 17:53 Sacrifex

Or, you know, the official demo which was out at the beginning of the month. But, I mean, I'm sure they've redesigned most everything at least three or four times since that old thing came out twenty days ago.

It's not like we're anywhere near a release date, so be serious people - you have no idea how the finished product will look/feel.

News Comments > DarkSpore Delayed Until Next Month
5. Re: DarkSpore Delayed Until Next Month Mar 18, 2011, 18:49 Sacrifex

April? Where will I get my fix for crippling DRM with install limits now and bland gameplay now?

Why?!

News Comments > Monday Night Combat Free Weekend
5. Re: Monday Night Combat Free Weekend Mar 17, 2011, 21:57 Sacrifex

MNC is an amazing value, even at the full retail of $15. I've had a ball with it since launch, and play it far more often than many games I paid three - four times as much for.

There are so many things that could have gone horribly wrong with a game like this, but everything just falls together into a really superb, unique experience.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Controversy of the Day
60. Re: Dragon Age II Controversy of the Day Mar 15, 2011, 16:20 Sacrifex

Bioware? Seriously?

At this rate, anyone looking to express displeasure by not buying games from developers who can't be bothered to act responsibly may need to take up another hobby.

Writing a user review is fine. Making a user review if you are the developer of a game is still fine. Not disclosing you were a dev on the game in that review is not. EA showing how ethically bankrupt they are by defending the practice... well, that's just to be expected, I suppose.

One less group I'll vote for with my wallet. Oh well - fun while it lasted guys. Best work seems to be behind you anyway.

News Comments > Steam User Loses Almost $1800 in Games Due to Ban [Updated]
2. Re: Steam User Loses Almost $1800 in Games Due to Ban Mar 14, 2011, 18:57 Sacrifex

If it wasn't specifically in the TOS, or, Steam was the only way a person could buy games anymore, this would be news.

If you don't like the way Steam operates, don't buy games from Steam. Simple concept. Expensive lesson? Perhaps. I don't feel bad for them in the least though - play by the rules or accept the consequences if you get caught doing otherwise.

This isn't news. Plain and simple.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
21. Re: Quote of the Day Mar 9, 2011, 06:41 Sacrifex

I'm usually a stickler for this kind of stuff, but I'll proudly mispronounce "gib," until the day I die.

And I'm going to keep saying mana wrong too. So there.

49 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo