Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sacrifex

Real Name Sacrifex   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2011, 15:57
Total Comments 51 (Suspect)
User ID 56124

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
11. Re: Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha Aug 20, 2014, 06:35 Sacrifex

Except that the game is to be free. Not even free to play, just... free.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
17. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 12:49 Sacrifex

Rather incorrect - having bought premium for both games, and thus getting insanely burned on BF4, I'm adding DICE to the list of people I refuse to buy anything by/from, with no chance of parole.

They can throw a party with Ubisoft. Last game I ever purchased with their name on it was Far Cry 2 in 2008.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Oct 9, 2013, 06:47 Sacrifex

I'll throw down on it, conditionally. If it is as horrible of a port as GTA4 was, I'll skip it without a second thought.

Bought GTA 4 and the Episodes for something like ten bucks on Steam. Had I bought it at full retail, I'd have been quite annoyed. Entirely unplayable on higher-end hardware that didn't even exist when the game launched. I suppose that unplayable is a subjective term, but it certainly met my definition.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
8. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 15:17 Sacrifex

While I wasn't huge on the auction house, it was a necessary evil because of the awful (dare I say, non-existent) lobby system to congregate and trade items in, as well as the removal of the ability to choose a public game you want to choose from a list, ala D2 (I traded tons of items in games named "Tradezzz," back then.

Without a good communication system for trading, of which message boards are not one, the game has essentially become a single player game, with online DRM.

I'm fine with either option, a good AH or a good chat channel and game joining system, but with neither, what renewed interest I had in the title recently is dead. They'll have done the exact opposite of what they intended - killed the ability to exchange items with other players, and essentially made the game more of a solo Skinner Box than it ever could have been otherwise.

News Comments > Killing Floor: Free Week; Patch; Sale; More
2. Re: Killing Floor: Free Week; Patch; Sale; More Jul 4, 2013, 15:44 Sacrifex

I picked up the game a few sales back, but I was told the scene could be extremely vitriolic, so I never even went online with it. I have too many games left on the backlog to spend time getting yelled at when I'm trying to have fun.

Same reason I won't touch LoL, and the like.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
26. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 10:52 Sacrifex

Didn't play this one because of the mediocre reviews, the horror stories of the PC port (which they openly admit was crap), and, it didn't help that Cliffy B couldn't keep his trap shut and mouthed off specifically at PC gamers.

But hey, piracy. Yeah.

As mentioned before, what's the explanation for the game selling like crap on consoles? Everyone with a PS3 and 360 just build a PC so they could pirate it?

News Comments > PC Dark Souls for August?
1. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 15:53 Sacrifex

Awesome news - it's one of the few games I really, really wanted to play, but couldn't because it was console only.

Getting to play it at higher resolutions at a constant 60 fps will make it worth the wait.

Day one buy for me if the port is done well.

News Comments > Blacklight Retribution Launch
9. Re: Blacklight Retribution Launch Apr 4, 2012, 16:03 Sacrifex

You start out with a grand total of one (two, if you count your pistol as seperate from the starting SMG). If you want to modify it at all, you're stuck grinding, or paying up. There are no options to change without cash/points.  

News Comments > Blacklight Retribution Launch
7. Re: Blacklight Retribution Launch Apr 4, 2012, 15:29 Sacrifex

Despite their claims that it is not pay-to-win, the method for unlocking guns, etc... is entirely just that.

You can unlock them by earning points during multiplayer, but, the gain is so absurdly slow, that you're probably looking at no less than 30-40 full rounds played just to unlock a single gun customization. Then more to get a single attachment, etc...

I thought the first Blacklight was fun enough (got it during the $1 sale Microsoft had back when), but, this one is not remotely worth the time investment if you don't want to just shovel cash out. Very disappointing.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Features
26. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 16, 2012, 19:32 Sacrifex

Butthurt trolololling aside (seriously, if you're going to stop buying PC games because their last iteration didn't have features that most skip due to console roots, just sell your PC and take up cross-stitching or something), this went from a wait-until-a-Steam-Sale, to a likely early buy to play with friends.

I liked the idea of the first game, so polished up, and with PC centric features, I'm in.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Nerf Gun Uproar
19. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Nerf Gun Uproar Dec 23, 2011, 18:04 Sacrifex

If you play Pay2Win games, you deserve whatever awful crap happens. BFBC2 is ten bucks - five if you catch a sale. Say what you will about it, it's better than the Play4Free pigshit.

I could not have any less empathy for the people affected by this.

News Comments > Syndicate Refused Classification in Australia
5. Re: Syndicate Refused Classification in Australia Dec 20, 2011, 12:42 Sacrifex

If games got censored just to sell down under, you'd be playing My Little Pony 142 instead of real games. Banning games is their bread and butter - it's nothing new.

No developer has taken them seriously as a market - for good reason, given the conditions - and by association, if a mangled, unworkable censored version gets released, it's only for a quick cash grab on the overcharged Aussies.

It's got to be pretty crappy to be a gamer there - besides being charged double what some areas are, getting to be the running gag for the rest of the world's gamers has to suck.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 18, 2011, 16:23 Sacrifex

I can't be the only one that thinks quoting performance as only 30% over that of a 6970, but almost as fast as a 6990, is a bit odd. I have a hard time believing anything in the article with such a glaring oversight.

Also, flagship or not, $550 is nVidia money. AMD has not done nearly a good enough job with driver support to justify that kind of dough. I was considering dealing my 6970's and going single card this next Gen, but not for that kind of cost. That performance justifies $375 to $400 at most from AMD, with their greatly inferior aftersale support.

The whole article reeks of shoddy journalism, and rumor mongering to me.

News Comments > CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers?
11. Re: CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers? Dec 15, 2011, 00:08 Sacrifex

No problem with this, at all. No DRM means legitamate customers have nothing to fret over, and they even publically said back before Witcher 2 was released that they may choose to go directly after those who pirated the game.

Mess with the bull, potentially get the horns. I'm not going to cry because a company chose to treat their customers like customers, and their petty thieves like criminals. Seems to make a boatload of sense to me. Makes me want to buy a copy of Witcher 2, even if it would just get lost in my backlog.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand
34. Re: Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand Dec 13, 2011, 18:39 Sacrifex

I'm glad that the pack is not free to all PC players for one reason. Everyone who wanted to be a drama queen and ragequit their pre-order, but bought the game, has to pay a fee. It's rare that such exacting justice gets dealt out to the entitled masses. I'd have preferred if anyone who ragequit and came crawling back had to pay more than $15 honostly, but I can settle for savoring their infinite tears and butthurt over less than the cost of a crappy lunch on the town.  

News Comments > On Skyrim DLC
8. Re: On Skyrim DLC Dec 11, 2011, 18:12 Sacrifex

I could see some whining if the game was lacking to begin with, but, creating three accounts on a gaming news site to cry/troll about DLC to a game of the year contender? Leave the heavy lifting to the experienced trolls. At least Space Captain will be funny about it.

We are dissapoint.

News Comments > BRINK Free Weekend
1. Re: BRINK Free Weekend Dec 1, 2011, 21:09 Sacrifex

Unfortunately, even at a cost of zero dollars, you're being cruelly cheated out of the time you spend on it.

The game may possibly have stood a chance had Splash Damage responded to critics early, fixed the tech issues/bugs, and released more content in month one/two. Instead, they still have a buggy pile months later, released extra content way too late to stop players from jumping ship, and just now got to coding in some of their promised improvements from a long time ago.

At this point, the game can never even crack the Steam top 100 - which, for essentially a Multiplayer only game (the AI is amongst the worst I've seen in recent times), is a very, very bad thing.

It's a shame, because I badly wanted it to live up to even a portion of the hype it generated.

News Comments > I Am Alive PC Follow-up
12. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 24, 2011, 14:30 Sacrifex

Seriously, do these people not have any grey-matter to weigh their heads down?

If you're going to want to sell something to people, now, or in the future, perhaps it would be a good idea not to go out of your way to issue an inflammatory statement meant solely to shit directly on their faces.

If someone was going to give you their cash, you sure as hell are going to have a harder time getting it now - so, why say anything at all.

These fuckin' people need to be issued helmets with built-in droolrags and get shoved in a corner.

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
16. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 14:16 Sacrifex

I hope you can see me not buying your games, because I'm doing it as hard as I can.

I'd give a rabid pitbull a handjob in front of my grandma before I'd give a single cent to Ubi, or anyone else practicing their special form of customer service.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patched
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 15:26 Sacrifex

Things are getting ugly in the forums, as the moderators are going on a thread censor/lock spree, without even reading the posts.

Posted a clean joke post (very silly air to it, not a single offensive word or curse), which was getting some fun replies in short order, and then it gets wiped and locked because of the title.

The moderator's reply made it obvious that he thought he was erasing and locking a serious thread. While it only took a minute or two to write the post, I'm disgusted that they're "solving" the problem of people being mad about a patch by wiping any thread discussing it, without so much as reading them first. Guess I should just be glad I didn't have my Origin account banned.

51 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo