Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dean Corso

Real Name Dean Corso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mithras23
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2011, 11:02
Total Comments 1 (Suspect)
User ID 56123

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
36. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 15, 2011, 06:38 Mithras23

entr0py wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 04:26:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 02:27:
WyldKat wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 01:51:
Epic and EA - "Here's some fuel to justify piracy of our game."

Yeah, because a lack of free demo really justifies that.

On a platform where hardware incompatibilities and unfixed crashes are common, and refunds are increasingly hard to get; yes, lacking a demo is a serious problem. I don't really think it justifies piracy, but there are those who have been burned by nonrefundable games often enough to use piracy as a trial. At lease console players can be assured the game will play.

To me the whole problem is just part of the issue with PC gaming as a whole. Piracy is a valid issue but publishers like EA and Activision seem to want to adhere to a punish the buyers way of countering piracy. Both of them have decided that the new price point for PC games needs to be on par with the price for a game on a console. Taking into account the fact that a gaming PC's entry cost for gaming is atleast twice the cost of either the PS3 or X360, I think this is ridiculous . I stand by and refuse to pay $60 for a PC game (not including the occasional Collector's Editions, and only then if it comes with something to justify the extra $10 price point). I didn't buy Starcraft 2 until this holiday season when Blizzard put sale for $49.99, and I couldn't wait to play it but I have to stand firm on this. I really want Dragon's Age 2 and Bulletstorm but I refuse to let publishers tell me I should pay $10 more because they say so, especially when I can wait for the price to drop. In four to six months that $60 will be on sale or have dropped in price and they will get maybe $30 out of me when they could get $50 from me easily(and a preorder) if they wouldn't pull these bulls**t tactics.

Charging MORE money and not giving us a demo to test our hardware at the very least isn't the right way to show support for the consumers that drive the PC market. Look at Capcom, they release games like Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 on the PC for $39.99, and I bought 3 copies of DR2 when it came out because that price was reasonable and the game is super fun (one copy for me, one for my roomate, and one for another friend). The point is that if publishers really want to make piracy less of an issue (because you will always have people who want everything for free), you need to meet the people who are willing to pay for the games halfway. Steam does this superbly with it's regular game sales, offering games people can't justify $50 or $60 a chance to do the right thing and buy it for cheap. We all know that they make the bulk of their money off the console market, but they still want a piece of that PC gaming pie, so they can afford to drop the price that $10-$20. They will make more money that way, and they can always offset the development costs with what they earn on consoles anyway.

So in summary: 1-Make PC games cheaper, I didn't spend $900 on my custom built gaming rig so I would have to pay the same amount for a game someone else could play paying $200 for an Xbox 360. 2-Make demos for your PC games, we all know you don't want to give us a refund if we buy your game, so let us find out how well the game runs beforehand. 3-Stop punishing the guys who want to pay for your games because of piracy, all your doing is making it easier for them to justify doing it in the first place.

Sorry if it was a bit long, had this stuff on my mind all day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo