Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MisterBenn

Real Name MisterBenn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 2, 2011, 16:34
Total Comments 283 (Amateur)
User ID 56105

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Quote of the Day II
2. Re: Quote of the Day II Jun 15, 2011, 23:39 MisterBenn

This bananaphobia is getting out of hand and I blame the jaded, ageing generation of PC gamers....

Incidentally I wonder whether Sam is a better Duke than Duke now. The light hearted humour of Serious Sam has aged a lot better and also that game retained the "adequate graphics but loads of enemies on screen" type of action for the Doom 2 engine days - where other games had < 5 bad guys on screen max, and merely packed them with more and more polys for the next 15 years... I hope the new Serious Sam will retain that kind of balance.

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 3 News Tomorrow?
32. Re: Battlefield 3 News Tomorrow? Feb 3, 2011, 21:05 MisterBenn

Vazz wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 20:18:
What I want to see is more options.
- I want to be able to make my own server and not have to shell out money for a dedicated one if I just want to play with some friends one day.
- Bots.
- No crazy DRM(the drm on BC2 was fine since the online authorization was optional, not mandatory).
- No stupid "map packs" that are just the same maps that we already have; make them all available with each mode from the start.
- Lan.
- Maybe some mod support.

I completely agree with all of that. My fear though is that BF3 will be more like the Call of Duty franchise that the old Battlefield releases. If the choice is either tapping the old BF1942/BF2 fans or getting a big wet bite out of the Call of Duty market, which one will they go for? They will spend a great deal of time on a single player mode with modern cinematics for sure. Multiplayer will be the standard of Bad Company 2 but perhaps no more than that. Any of the older MP features of Battlefield like Coop with bots, dedicated LAN servers, mod support would be a wonderful surprise for me.

I really hope they come up with a good surprise or two, I still fire up mods like AIX for Battlefield 2 to this day...

News Comments > On Sale
30. Crysis Wars CD Key Jan 2, 2011, 11:48 MisterBenn

Hey there - a quick warning for you guys: be careful if like I did you plan to buy Crysis Wars over Steam in this sale. I bought it for the Mechwarrior Living Legends mod, but the CD Key from Steam is refused by all servers! The Steam and EA support forums have a growing list of people in the same situation - I suspect the problem is systematic.

I simply can't play my purchase and there's no response to my support ticket yet. Some people on the forums have persevered with support and a couple have even been provided with a working EADM copy from EA's goodwill(!) although of course it also needed to be downloaded. There is no direct solution or word from Steam as yet. If you are planning to make this purchase I strongly advise that you check out the Steam and EA support forums to see if this is resolved before going ahead.

283 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo