Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for warmbluelasers

Real Name warmbluelasers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Damn bears.
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 28, 2010, 13:24
Total Comments 70 (Suspect)
User ID 56099

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
34. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 10:53 warmbluelasers

I have zero interest in this game because killing hordes of unarmed civilians is about as thrilling as killing hordes of unarmed zombies.

I really don't care about censoring the title due to its content. Postal is on steam. Remember Postal? The game that lets you shove an M16 up a cat's ass and launch it like a rifle grenade, and go around pissing gonorrhea in people's mouths?

People only give a shit about this one because it blipped on their radar and they feel like they need to sound off on it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
33. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 15:37 warmbluelasers

Does this magically invalidate my hard playthrough in progress towards the "complete the game on the hardest difficulty" achievement? Has this already gone live? This is some uselessly nebulous information from the developers.  

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
76. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 17:15 warmbluelasers

This is sad. I was starting to get excited about this game as it neared the finish line, but these last minute decisions paint this as not the game I'm looking for.

Guess I'll keep waiting.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
14. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 14:44 warmbluelasers

So what happened to all the horse crap these "indies" shoveled out about being able to make a better game without publishers breathing down their neck, holding to a deadline, and demanding DRM, DLC, preorder bonuses...?

Seems like there's no difference, and the whole "blame the publishers not the developers" fan wank looks thoroughly debunked by ED and SC.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 10, 2014, 09:13 warmbluelasers

$100,000 for a documentary that's already got its raw footage, and is going to be sold off to a publisher anyway?

...well I guess that's more reasonable than $60m to watch some old guy tour conventions.

News Comments > EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week
9. Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 30, 2014, 07:16 warmbluelasers

Unknown Soldier wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 13:41:
Ahhh EVE. I miss it. I hope it's still running when I retire, because that's when I'll finally have time to play it properly.

Why wait? Skill training is based on subscription time, not time played, and you can buy credits from other players by legit PLEX trading.

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:17:
They keep fixing and changing things, but the most obvious mechanic in the game that needs some love is mining and they again completely ignore it.

Given the whole game is very hands-off and AFKish except for the excell sheet buy-low sell-high market game, I don't think they ever will overhaul mining. It's the bread-and-butter of the MMO you "play" while playing other games.

News Comments > BATTLELINE: STEEL WARFARE Announced
6. Re: BATTLELINE: STEEL WARFARE Announced Oct 14, 2014, 06:36 warmbluelasers

bfg9000 wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 23:26:
Well there is Steel Beasts Pro but yeah, no more tank sims seems accurate.
I wouldn't mind games like this and WoT if legit armor tactics were ever used by players. Instead it involves 1v1 parking behind cover, peeking out (exposing your flank from track up) shooting then reversing. Since there is no coordination it actually works which is a shame.

Add in a hateful, caustic community and an epeen tracker add-ons that tell you how screwed you are before the match even starts, and we have a winner!

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
18. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 4, 2014, 22:30 warmbluelasers

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 19:56:
All I care about.. is something they haven't touched yet at all.. Squadron 42 will be SP.. but what about a stand-alone OFFLINE persistent sandbox?

Or how about the custom private servers? There hasn't been any talk at all regarding offline or private servers. I'm sure CR and crew are hoping the original backers either forget or have too little interest in those features to push the issue, so that way he can get everyone onto the hyper monetized main server.

News Comments > Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf
5. Re: Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf Sep 4, 2014, 11:37 warmbluelasers

AngelicPenguin wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:53:
I'm guessing the PTR people are not the same as the ones who want to be first on the leaderboard.

...because nobody has "tested" a Blizzard MMO with the sole intent of finding exploits to get world first.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak
6. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak Jul 10, 2014, 10:44 warmbluelasers

nin wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:25:
The image of that PC Gamer cover just popped into my mind. That worked out so well for all involved...

Also, apparently The Sims are livin large...

For anyone else who the link 403's on: link

I remember getting this one in the mail and thinking "who are these clowns?"

In 14 years my reaction hasn't changed.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
52. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 10:05 warmbluelasers

Jamil20 wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 09:25:
You can turn on Freelancer-like controls by hitting CTRL-F.

I already know about the alternate flight mode, hence why I said both mouse control schemes.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
47. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 09:03 warmbluelasers

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 08:17:
I know this question wasn't asked from me, but for me the handling in SC is kind of weird.
Much more simplified than Elite.
It feels like the ship handling was made for people playing with kb+m or a game pad.
If you play Freelancer again the ship handling is a lot like that.
I am not sure what was promised in terms of handling but this Alpha build doesn't feel like ship physics or flight controls for that matter were top priority in the development.

It really doesn't feel like Freelancer, having just played it a few months ago. Freelancer was completely on rails and instantly responsive.

My loaner Hornet - a ship that's supposed to be about military dogfighting - feels very sluggish, bouncy and lop-sided with either of the mouse controls schemes, or even a joystick. It's not even close to how Wing Commander handled.

Early on CR said he wanted to simulate every little thruster and control surface. I remember that well because it was in the original backer presentations. Then it was supposed to be fed through a fly-by-wire control scheme. I'm sure the dev team has fudged the simulation a bunch, but I can feel the middle-man. Maneuvering at speed with even a dent in one of the wings (which have no thrusters and control surfaces mean nothing in void) turns the whole thing into bull riding. My pilot friend loves it but I'm still getting used to spending more time fighting my controls than the enemy.

The most disappointing thing is this sophisticated AI they hyped in a couple videos. So far it's only marginally better than the retard AI in the X games. They can manage to avoid stationary objects - most of the time. However mnay of my deaths have been from Vandul playing chicken or the wingmen shooting up my ass.

The best part about Star Citizen though is how emotionally invested people are getting both for and against the game. It's got as much popcorn drama fighting as a POTUS election.

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
10. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 11:39 warmbluelasers

"And then we doubled it!"  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Mar 19, 2014, 23:55 warmbluelasers

NKD wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 17:50:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 16:31:
Devil's advocate but seeing that TOR is successful enough to get an expansion and rustling so many jimmies here is pretty entertaining.

It's nowhere near as successful as Bioware hoped, but they are making okay money off this if they are getting their overlords to sign off on new feature and content additions once in a while.

It could have been stipulated that EA/Bioware provide so many years of support and so many significant content expansions in the Star Wars licensing contract. That may have also been the case with Warhammer Online, which was dropped squarely on the day of the license's expiration.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems
12. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 26, 2014, 08:15 warmbluelasers

Sempai wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 06:43:
They wiped all keybinds, and now locked all movement keys to mouse ONLY.

You can still bind "Force Move" to whatever you please, which has always been the case. Nothing changed.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend
1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend Feb 20, 2014, 17:46 warmbluelasers

Sign of the times for ActiBlizz - A COD game 50% off less than 6 months after release.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught Contents Revealed?
1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught Contents Revealed? Jan 12, 2014, 12:44 warmbluelasers

Will this be coming with a fix for the soapy mouse handling? Or are playable controls also an xbox exclusive?  

News Comments > SOE Premium Membership Changes
14. Re: SOE Premium Membership Changes Jan 4, 2014, 22:17 warmbluelasers

JeffD wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 20:53:
Warmblue, I wouldn't consider the 2x/3x SC sales a success. It was probably a quick attempt to get interest generated in the game but when I hear about how many people now have more sc then they know what do do with from those sales, that does not sound like a successful move that they would want to repeat again. Hence the % off sales.

Don't forget too, SC is not just planetside 2. more 2x/3x sales cheapens the value of SC over all SOE games.

It was a quick attempt at something, that's for sure.

The PS2 team can decide on item prices and other things specific to the PS2 marketplace - they really showed that off with the 1SC / 99SC sales over the holidays. But actual money transactions are strictly the call of SOE's marketing and accounting. That's where this is coming from.

I don't think they expected PS2 to have nearly as much player retention as it did. The entire thing was sloppy from the start and SOE admitted that PS2 was far more successful than they expected. If you're planning on a short product lifespan then selling hordes of virtual currency on sale makes sense - you want people to spend a lot before they uninstall and leave for good.

While a lot of people have indeed left the game, as you say now they're stuck with PS2 lifers with huge piles of fake money that is usable in their next big title at the start - and that no doubt means lost profit to the bean counters who were counting on virgin accounts buying buckets of StationCash. Now they're telling everyone that the big SC sales and monthly allowances have to stop and the devs need to do whatever they have to for damage control.

Hopefully the PS2 team comes up with something better than this stock default memo. They're fishing for feedback and ideas all over the place, and it's clear the dev teams can tailor the new plan to their game. DCUO for example is going to give 500 loyalty points or whatever, which will function identically to SC except it will be limited to the DCUO item shop. In other words, nothing will change except the SC can no longer transfer to SOE's other titles - thus cleaning up that nasty potential lost profit.

News Comments > SOE Premium Membership Changes
12. Re: SOE Premium Membership Changes Jan 4, 2014, 20:42 warmbluelasers

DG wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 20:21:
The best part of all this is it is most likely just an example of how incompetent they are. They probably actually think it is a better deal. If you don't actually think it through, if you are bit short on smarts, it is easy to see it as a better deal. If you only take a short subs and play casually it may well turn out better.

Their intentions for the change is likely that someone realised that they are giving player studio (fan made) content creators 40% of the sales price but everyone gets the SC in the sub or when SC is on sale. Oops! There is probably also some internal shit regarding subscribers for one game using the SC on a different one.

This incompetence runs right through the game at every level. Man, fuck me this game can be awesome. EPIC. But SOE do not seem to know what they are doing. Every update there's some incredible disaster proving there is no QA. Balance changes are probably done on a spreadsheet by some intern using bad data; I'll still say they fuck it up from incompetence and not bait-and-switch shit to get you to buy different gear, or pay to beta test for PlayStation4, but I've given a ton of goodwill towards that and it is wearing thin to say the least. The game is supposed to be on some 3 year development but 14 months in we've got one new vehicle, a bunch of weapons and cosmetics (to buy), and the rest has been a lot of fixing. Well, we got the "alert" sub-game but this is a band-aid for the lack of meta and continent-locking which is coming eventually.

I think there's plenty of competence on the money making end. It seems like shit because they're doing the absolute minimum they can to keep people paying. With an 18 month concept-to-launch development cycle I think PS2 was meant to be a quick cash grab, and then it became popular and SOE is stuck trying to keep a half-ass job afloat that they planned to abandon fairly quickly after launch.

There haven't been any 2x/3x SC sales anywhere in the SOE network since spring 2013. They started screwing with the daily deal discount % in December. Now they want to pull out on the 500SC monthly allowance and replace it with a one-item voucher that is going to exclude most of the items everyone wants right now - player studio cosmetics. It's the same bullshit all the other big companies are pulling. Deliver as little as possible with the highest pricetag consumers will take.

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed
25. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 18:13 warmbluelasers

Trevellian wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:52:
You cannot attach C4 to moving vehicles or max's in Planetside 2.

They did that specifically to avoid this tactic that people use in Battlefield.

You can sticky bricks of C4 to anything in Planetside 2. MAX suits, flashes, tanks, bombers... friendly or enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1fT3-WL9hM

Pretty sure you can still do this, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bYMEFTjx94

70 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo