Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for warmbluelasers

Real Name warmbluelasers   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Damn bears.
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 28, 2010, 13:24
Total Comments 77 (Suspect)
User ID 56099

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
16. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 19, 2015, 01:44 warmbluelasers

Kxmode wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 00:07:
I'm at a complete loss for words. This is like when Jessep from "A Few Good Men" admitted to ordering the death of PFC Santiago in a court of law.

Actually this sounds like the typical boss from hell. Have no working knowledge about the business he's running, shit things up with that incompetence, then blame everyone else when it goes bad. Fits his career MO well too if you think about it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Asset Leak
19. Re: Star Citizen Asset Leak May 25, 2015, 17:56 warmbluelasers

Chris Roberts just announced the Bengal with LTI is going on sale for $100,000!!! Limited time only!!! GET YOURS NOW!!!  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
15. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 13:18 warmbluelasers

Can you actually fly all the ships they're selling yet? Or is this still $250 for shitty concept art?  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans
2. Re: Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans Feb 18, 2015, 20:22 warmbluelasers

Does this pack include a 3x scope for my knife?  

News Comments > Sony Online Entertainment Sold
37. Re: Sony Online Entertainment Sold Feb 3, 2015, 08:26 warmbluelasers

Planetside 2 was on a fast track to abandonment anyway. Now that the idiot Sony overlords (and hopefully the clueless upper management) aren't pushing for fast cash at the complete neglect of everything else, they can either fix the game and make it what it should have been by now or put it out of its misery for good.  

News Comments > Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans
13. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 21, 2015, 15:14 warmbluelasers

MS ordered retailers to pull the older versions of Office off the shelf so they could push the subscription version. Why give them the benefit of the doubt?

If we're lucky 'first year free' will probably be just like Norton AV - after the first year you'll be locked out from getting patches and updates. If they're going to charge a sub just to log in to the desktop (always on OS! cool!), well I hope it blows up in their face.

News Comments > Pardo: Olympics Should Include Esports [Updated]
32. Re: Blizzard: Olympics Should Include Esports Dec 24, 2014, 18:05 warmbluelasers

vrok wrote on Dec 24, 2014, 14:50:
Rob Pardo is actually no longer with Blizzard so the headline and story blurb is misleading.

Maybe he's already hit the egg nog.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
34. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 10:53 warmbluelasers

I have zero interest in this game because killing hordes of unarmed civilians is about as thrilling as killing hordes of unarmed zombies.

I really don't care about censoring the title due to its content. Postal is on steam. Remember Postal? The game that lets you shove an M16 up a cat's ass and launch it like a rifle grenade, and go around pissing gonorrhea in people's mouths?

People only give a shit about this one because it blipped on their radar and they feel like they need to sound off on it.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
33. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 15:37 warmbluelasers

Does this magically invalidate my hard playthrough in progress towards the "complete the game on the hardest difficulty" achievement? Has this already gone live? This is some uselessly nebulous information from the developers.  

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
76. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 17:15 warmbluelasers

This is sad. I was starting to get excited about this game as it neared the finish line, but these last minute decisions paint this as not the game I'm looking for.

Guess I'll keep waiting.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
14. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 14:44 warmbluelasers

So what happened to all the horse crap these "indies" shoveled out about being able to make a better game without publishers breathing down their neck, holding to a deadline, and demanding DRM, DLC, preorder bonuses...?

Seems like there's no difference, and the whole "blame the publishers not the developers" fan wank looks thoroughly debunked by ED and SC.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 10, 2014, 09:13 warmbluelasers

$100,000 for a documentary that's already got its raw footage, and is going to be sold off to a publisher anyway?

...well I guess that's more reasonable than $60m to watch some old guy tour conventions.

News Comments > EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week
9. Re: EVE Online Phoebe Update Next Week Oct 30, 2014, 07:16 warmbluelasers

Unknown Soldier wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 13:41:
Ahhh EVE. I miss it. I hope it's still running when I retire, because that's when I'll finally have time to play it properly.

Why wait? Skill training is based on subscription time, not time played, and you can buy credits from other players by legit PLEX trading.

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:17:
They keep fixing and changing things, but the most obvious mechanic in the game that needs some love is mining and they again completely ignore it.

Given the whole game is very hands-off and AFKish except for the excell sheet buy-low sell-high market game, I don't think they ever will overhaul mining. It's the bread-and-butter of the MMO you "play" while playing other games.

News Comments > BATTLELINE: STEEL WARFARE Announced
6. Re: BATTLELINE: STEEL WARFARE Announced Oct 14, 2014, 06:36 warmbluelasers

bfg9000 wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 23:26:
Well there is Steel Beasts Pro but yeah, no more tank sims seems accurate.
I wouldn't mind games like this and WoT if legit armor tactics were ever used by players. Instead it involves 1v1 parking behind cover, peeking out (exposing your flank from track up) shooting then reversing. Since there is no coordination it actually works which is a shame.

Add in a hateful, caustic community and an epeen tracker add-ons that tell you how screwed you are before the match even starts, and we have a winner!

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
18. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 4, 2014, 22:30 warmbluelasers

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 19:56:
All I care about.. is something they haven't touched yet at all.. Squadron 42 will be SP.. but what about a stand-alone OFFLINE persistent sandbox?

Or how about the custom private servers? There hasn't been any talk at all regarding offline or private servers. I'm sure CR and crew are hoping the original backers either forget or have too little interest in those features to push the issue, so that way he can get everyone onto the hyper monetized main server.

News Comments > Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf
5. Re: Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf Sep 4, 2014, 11:37 warmbluelasers

AngelicPenguin wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:53:
I'm guessing the PTR people are not the same as the ones who want to be first on the leaderboard.

...because nobody has "tested" a Blizzard MMO with the sole intent of finding exploits to get world first.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak
6. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Talks a Blue Streak Jul 10, 2014, 10:44 warmbluelasers

nin wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:25:
The image of that PC Gamer cover just popped into my mind. That worked out so well for all involved...

Also, apparently The Sims are livin large...

For anyone else who the link 403's on: link

I remember getting this one in the mail and thinking "who are these clowns?"

In 14 years my reaction hasn't changed.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
52. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 10:05 warmbluelasers

Jamil20 wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 09:25:
You can turn on Freelancer-like controls by hitting CTRL-F.

I already know about the alternate flight mode, hence why I said both mouse control schemes.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
47. Re: Star Citizen Hits $45M Jun 9, 2014, 09:03 warmbluelasers

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 08:17:
I know this question wasn't asked from me, but for me the handling in SC is kind of weird.
Much more simplified than Elite.
It feels like the ship handling was made for people playing with kb+m or a game pad.
If you play Freelancer again the ship handling is a lot like that.
I am not sure what was promised in terms of handling but this Alpha build doesn't feel like ship physics or flight controls for that matter were top priority in the development.

It really doesn't feel like Freelancer, having just played it a few months ago. Freelancer was completely on rails and instantly responsive.

My loaner Hornet - a ship that's supposed to be about military dogfighting - feels very sluggish, bouncy and lop-sided with either of the mouse controls schemes, or even a joystick. It's not even close to how Wing Commander handled.

Early on CR said he wanted to simulate every little thruster and control surface. I remember that well because it was in the original backer presentations. Then it was supposed to be fed through a fly-by-wire control scheme. I'm sure the dev team has fudged the simulation a bunch, but I can feel the middle-man. Maneuvering at speed with even a dent in one of the wings (which have no thrusters and control surfaces mean nothing in void) turns the whole thing into bull riding. My pilot friend loves it but I'm still getting used to spending more time fighting my controls than the enemy.

The most disappointing thing is this sophisticated AI they hyped in a couple videos. So far it's only marginally better than the retard AI in the X games. They can manage to avoid stationary objects - most of the time. However mnay of my deaths have been from Vandul playing chicken or the wingmen shooting up my ass.

The best part about Star Citizen though is how emotionally invested people are getting both for and against the game. It's got as much popcorn drama fighting as a POTUS election.

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
10. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 11:39 warmbluelasers

"And then we doubled it!"  

77 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo