Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nickulous L

Real Name Nickulous L   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vektuz
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 24, 2010, 01:43
Total Comments 12 (Suspect)
User ID 56092

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Mari0 SMB/Portal Mashup
2. Cease and desisted in 3.2.1... Mar 4, 2012, 23:14 Vektuz

Yeah, this looks awesome, but Nintendo is worse than FOX when it comes to FOXing things. Despite the name  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Downtime [Updated]
27. No single player probs for me Feb 12, 2012, 22:34 Vektuz

I know that it took a few extra moments to launch, but Dreadmor seemed to work fine for me even during the outage, so clearly single player games have some sort of backup scheme.

I was also able to log in and out of steam while they were 'down' but all games reported me as having not been ACTUALLY logged in and I was unable to authenticate with games that used steam authentication (usually multiplayer).

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Why tiptoe around it Feb 4, 2012, 14:00 Vektuz

What I don't understand is that they could very easily destroy used game sales instantly and forever. Just stamp a CD-Key on the box and it won't work without the key and the key is consumed on first use. PC games do this.

Why tiptoe around the subject and pretend they're not trying to destroy used sales by eating away at content a piece at a time?

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 Bonus DLC
4. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated] Jan 26, 2012, 12:02 Vektuz

I love how these folks call something a bonus, but its actually something that they're basically making, putting on the disk (probably) and then locking everyone out from it except those that order their art book.

But that's how the industry works now I guess. One way of looking at it is that you get access to all of the content on the disk you bought if you buy the art book, and you get access to almost all if you don't. Its a nice way of selling you something twice, I guess.

News Comments > BF3 Open Beta Begins
13. good job Sep 29, 2011, 12:43 Vektuz

From the sound of it, its pretty clear that they were lying through their teeth the whole time when they kept on about how the PC was their primary focus. Out-of-game browser instead of a menu, having to hexedit configs to change bindings, and then this horrible piece of crap Origin software.  

News Comments > Steam Translations Value Estimate
34. bad logic Sep 26, 2011, 01:20 Vektuz

by this logic, wikipedia has saved ten billion dollars by making the community work for free because a professional encyclopedia writer would charge a lot per hour

Maybe the actual news is that professional translators only exist and charge as much as they do because previously the connectivity didn't exist that the internet brings.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2011, 01:35.

News Comments > Diablo III Lag-Free?
52. This is not new Sep 14, 2011, 23:57 Vektuz

This is client side prediction and has been used in games since 1996, in Quakeworld.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Has "Hundreds" of Changes from Alpha
3. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated] Sep 6, 2011, 12:32 Vektuz

Kind of pointless though, since its on Origin and requires Origin to even run. Pretty much everyone I know has already written this game off as a skip because of that. DICE should get away from EA and go back to endlessly rewriting the same pinball game over and over again.  

News Comments > Super Monday Night Combat Announced (Last Week)
3. MNC Aug 29, 2011, 12:25 Vektuz

What killed the original MNC for me was simply the ridiculous lethality of the weapons. If I wanted an instadeath shooter I'd have played counterstrike of MW2. That kind of fast death reminded me of the old "sniper match levels" of team fortress classic (not tf2).

And I'm not talking just about the sniper class, every class in MNC could be killed in under 1 second, so once people learned how to play the game well, it became an incredibly fast twitch gank fest on all sides. I'm glad to hear they're considering changing this.

News Comments > BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up
5. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated] Feb 20, 2011, 01:07 Vektuz

Shoulda went on Steam instead of GFWL  

News Comments > On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL
33. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated] Jan 30, 2011, 21:54 Vektuz

Not interested in any game that has GFWL, sorry.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated]
19. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated] Dec 23, 2010, 20:45 Vektuz

GFWL more like AWFUL

I'm never buying a GFWL game again.

12 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo