Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Citizen P

Real Name Citizen P   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 24, 2010, 00:59
Total Comments 2 (Suspect)
User ID 56091

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Syndicate Solicits Pirates
50. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 25, 2012, 14:16 Citizen P

The reason I like Steam is that it presents titles from numerous studios - just like a B&M store. It doesn't stick the titles corporate doesn't like in the back with all the used titles in front, it also presents indie titles with equal measure, which a B&M store would never do.

EA is a publisher first: for the sake of not selling their games exclusively online, they have a few titles that they didn't make, and so they can't be called out for boycotting - they also sell online in smaller stores.

Anyone can read between the lines and the line: each publisher having their own store, their almost exclusive store, is bad for customers. People may defend Steam for reasons that aren't entirely rational - but there is good reason to express financial displeasure for these antics.

If you want a rallying call for an alternative to Steam, by all means you have my support. Only a company that is willing to give everyone reasonable selling-space, at reasonable costs should be considered. In my opinion, EA, Actibliz or UBI have no ability to do this - their shareholders won't allow it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Legal Fallout
27. Re: More Legal Fallout Dec 23, 2010, 20:23 Citizen P

After years of lurking, I feel obligated to create an account:

I'm going to refer to Interplay as Herve, because Herve and his lawyer, were the only two employees of Interplay at the time of the selling the IP.

They whored out the IP of Fallout to create Fallout: Tactics, an at best, mediocre title. And the last title they made using the IP was Brotherhood of Steel, some horribly bad FPS knock-off. All in the name of playing to what was popular, to try and turn a buck. Deciding to cancel Fallout 3, being made by Black Isle.

The Fallout IP was shit, because it had been run into the ground and whored out. What Herve and his lawyer wanted, was to sell the MMO rights of Fallout - on the grounds it would be successful as the brand-new World of Warcraft: and that by proxy, since Fallout and Warcraft were both popular and almost the same age, was worth piles of money.

Having fired and not paid the remaining developers they had working for them and having already skipped paying for the offices for Interplay. Herve wasn't really in any position to argue about anything.

Beth, said, we aren't paying you shit for the MMO license at a gross exaggerated figure: but we will buy the entire IP and you will thank us. While Herve is require to find investments of 40 million to preserve the integrity of the MMO license if he chose to develop it to preserve what little integrity is left in this IP and not ruin Beth's new purchase.

Fallout 3 becomes insanely popular. Herve sells stuff he wasn't suppose to (ie. the old versions of Fallout that still existed, and then sold the rights for online distribution that got him into legal trouble). Now, this greedy little prick is using the efforts of Beth to try and line his pockets with all this bullshit, all on the coattails of Bethsoft and their efforts. And naturally, any two-bit lawyer can taste the blood in the water and are more than happy to leech onto Herve's cause for a nice fat cut of the money.

Wipe out Interplay.

I wanted Troika to get the license, not Beth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo