Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kitkoan

Real Name Kitkoan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kitkoan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2010, 04:28
Total Comments 671 (Apprentice)
User ID 56087

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
78. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 22, 2013, 09:57 Kitkoan

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 08:38:
Awww, did I offend some of you?

No, to offend me you'd have to say something worth saying. Your just annoying.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 21:38 Kitkoan

Good to hear Blue  

75. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 20:18 Kitkoan

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 20:03:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:39:
Way to take it completely out of context, you liberal coward. But I have to come to expect nothing more from you and your miserable kind.

Keep beggin for the ban hammer, and it will come.

It won't be soon enough... He's doing the same bs on other threads. Never seen someone so insecure.

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
23. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 20:04 Kitkoan

Overon wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:33:
filing false DMCA's is illegal.

I don't think that's possible. If I recall correctly, the DMCA was written so that it wasn't possible to be punished if you misused it. Was to allow big companies to use bots to scan and demand things removed, and if they demanded the wrong thing, oh well.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 12:16 Kitkoan

I hope Hudson going to be OK Blue.  

70. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 11:12 Kitkoan

KS wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:55:
Kitkoan wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:19:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:02:
Does the STEAM description misleads the buyer somehow?
If that's the case, I would want a refund for sure.

Kinda does.

It never mentions that it's not a complete game, but in a post in the forum section the developers clearly state "The idea was then formed to make Dark Matter an episodic series, with episodes selling at a budget price of $14.99. Any further episodes would, however, need to be dependent on the success of the previous instalment. The first instalment is what has launched recently on Steam and is simply called Dark Matter."

This is the only mentioning that it's going to be a episodic game, and isn't found anywhere on the store page.

Episodic is fine, but shouldn't it end with a big boss battle?

Wolf 3D was episodic, purchased separately, and all 6 episodes ended with a boss battle. Quake, too, though that was all one purchase.

The difference between Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Quake and all the rest of those "episodic" games of the 90's is you knew they were episodic from the start (the shareware never hid this part). Dark Matter never mentioned this, and as pointed out, it wasn't mentioned until after the game say being sold and was an excuse to angry customers.

Episodic is fine when you let the customer know that it's an episodic game being sold, not something they refused to mention until the customer is angry and then decide after you have the cash to let them know.

64. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 10:19 Kitkoan

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:02:
Does the STEAM description misleads the buyer somehow?
If that's the case, I would want a refund for sure.

Kinda does.

It never mentions that it's not a complete game, but in a post in the forum section the developers clearly state "The idea was then formed to make Dark Matter an episodic series, with episodes selling at a budget price of $14.99. Any further episodes would, however, need to be dependent on the success of the previous instalment. The first instalment is what has launched recently on Steam and is simply called Dark Matter."

This is the only mentioning that it's going to be a episodic game, and isn't found anywhere on the store page.

34. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 22:49 Kitkoan

The Magician wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 21:09:
hey douchebag gamers (not all of us just the idiots who think they can demand a game works their way), you bought the game, you didnt create it. you dont get to act like a retarded douchebag because you dont like the way the story goes. anyone ever demand someone reewrite a book because the ending sucked? no?

fucking babies

People complain just as loudly about badly written books and movies, and some do demand refunds (which sometimes happens with movies).

Also, as noted in the quoted section, the developers now mention it'something to be seen as a "first episode". There isn't a single reference on the store page that this will be part of a multiple game series. As the developers have now mentioned "idea was then formed to make Dark Matter an episodic series, with episodes selling at a budget price of $14.99" It's a partial product hidden as a full product, kind of a bait and switch.

Now back to your whinny rant how the customer should be grateful for anything and not care what was promised verse delivered.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 18:33 Kitkoan

Cutter wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 18:24:
Did you pack your bags? Have they been in your sight the whole time? Wtf do you think nimrod? No I didn't pack them because that's my butler's job and he also handles my bags right up until this point. He's a nice chap, name of Muhammad.

Ironically, my GF packed my bags so I was wrong answering what was in my bag during the "random" x-ray of my bag (oddly enough, they didn't notice or care about that).

(She packed it because she's better at that stuff since she's used to travelling the world and knows how to better pack a travellers backpack then I do. She got more in it and more securely then I was able to...

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 17:49 Kitkoan

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 13:08:
Good news about Hudson.

The airline thing: This is why I only fly when I absolutely have to. I've flown about eight times in the past 10 years. I am tall. I already do not fit in the cramped seating. I swear to God I almost went postal on the flight from Dallas to Hawaii. I could barely walk when i got there my legs and ass were cramped up so bad.

Not to mention that every single damn time I fly I am "randomly" chosen for extra security checks. Come on, assholes, we know it's not really random. Eight flights, eight "random" checks. Uh huh. They see the biggest guy in the line and decide to check him, never mind the Arab guy two people behind him who is statistically 100% more likely to cause an issue on the plane. They won't check him so they don't appear to be profiling, which is exactly what they are doing to me anyway.

On one flight they seated me directly behind the air marshal. BEHIND the air marshal. Wait, so you guys are so concerned about me that you check me every single time I fly, and then you seat me BEHIND the one guy on the plane with a gun. And you let me have things like a metal pen. And we wonder how planes get hi-jacked.

I feel your pain. I just spent a month in South Korea and those seats are terrible. And why I just check for cheapest flights since it pretty much doesn't matter which seats you get as they all suck.

And as the the random checks, got to get my first one this time and I can assure you it wasn't random. They went through my bags in San Francisco (and left the lovely note in the middle of my stuff in my bag) and flagged me again to be searched when I got to Canada to have my stuff x-rayed and explained the more solid objects that they didn't want to force open (a bunch of Korean coffee and some gochujang (Korean chili paste)). And after that they went through my tablet to look for "objectional/illegal images". While this might have been random, the grin on the officers face and the immediate question/first words out his mouth being "So, did you go to the Philippines?" tells me it wasn't random but more a profiled search. Assuming if I'm going to an Asian nation then it must be for no good if it's longer then a week or two. (I went to see my GF, which when mentioned was quickly asked if she was an adult...)

My passport only had stamps of South Korea and the US (I have to pass through the US so I get those stamps but don't have to deal with the US-VISIT BS) since I'm not staying). If I went to another country I would have those stamps too or had to sneak across a boarder on a boat... yeah...

News Comments > NVIDIA G-SYNC Display Tech
24. Re: NVIDIA G-SYNC Display Tech Oct 18, 2013, 22:21 Kitkoan

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 20:59:
Kitkoan wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 20:19:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 18:12:
Kitkoan wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 17:10:
They forgot to mention the usual problem with things like this.

Requires: Windows 7/8

Not compatible with Linux because we don't care, that's all.

Except thats not a problem for 99% of PC gamers.

Guessing you missed that while Steam OS announcement, huh?

And how many still use WinXP.

Or i never left reality

No, you clearly left reality a while ago, that part was easy to see.

21. Re: NVIDIA G-SYNC Display Tech Oct 18, 2013, 20:19 Kitkoan

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 18:12:
Kitkoan wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 17:10:

Except thats not a problem for 99% of PC gamers.

Guessing you missed that while Steam OS announcement, huh?

And how many still use WinXP.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 18, 2013, 17:16 Kitkoan

Fantaz wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 16:31:
if it's really quad-core 2.3Ghz with 1080p screen then I want one... badly. mostly to play mobile games with antialiasing hack.

Either way, I'm getting one so I'm looking forward.

Will be a nice upgrade from my Nexus S

11. Re: NVIDIA G-SYNC Display Tech Oct 18, 2013, 17:10 Kitkoan

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 17, 2013, 23:30 Kitkoan

Alamar wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 17:57:
Eirikrautha wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 15:38:
"Ditching Apple for Android? What you need to know." brought to you by Apple PR, Inc.

I mean, let's make changing over sound as painful and dangerous as possible ("What about all those apps you might lose? Oh NOES!!!11!!one!!!" Shocked2 Shocked2 Shocked2 ).

Please. I've got Samsung and iPhones in the family... there's not that much difference any more...

I skipped the vid, but I didn't read anything exaggerated or biased in the article...

Also, apps are the main reason people stick with their current OS, whichever it may be...

-Alamar

There are a few comments that stuck out.

"Apple tries to make it very simple and focused, whereas Android is all about customization and flexibility," Edelson said. "It can get overwhelming for the average consumer switching from Apple to Android. A technophile may be best suited for Android."

This is one of those seriously odd comments that are heavily parroted by Apple users. Android can be altered, but it doesn't need to. But apple users like this seem to feel some OCD urge that makes it some mandatory need to alter Android and try to project it to others that if you buy an Android device that you'll have to create your own launcher settings an and all that, and somehow an Android device won't work until you do. I have Nexus Android devices and don't customize them because I don't need to, they don't need it.

"In fact, about 99.9 percent of all new mobile phone malware targets Android, according to the security firm Kaspersky Lab. So once you purchase an Android it's in your best interest to download an anti-virus software program that will scan your device for any threats, he said."

Troll bait commentary. This company has also complained about malware on ios and they should be able to sell their anti-virus on ios as well (note: ios has malware too, apple is more quiet about it, and researchers have shown its not hard to get malware on the Apple app store)

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 11, 2013, 19:51 Kitkoan

Redmask wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 14:21:
So you sit there with a tablet propped up and a controller? Why not just skip the middle man and get a proper handheld? That seems very awkward.

I have my tablet in a roocase which can prop itself up, and my tablet is always with me and a lot more functional then my NDS or PSP saw, with a better screen. Longer battery life, save state, etc...

It's not as awkward as you might think.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Reboot for OS X This Year
5. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot for OS X This Year Oct 11, 2013, 08:00 Kitkoan

Breadman86 wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 05:47:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 00:18:
Don't people who want to game on a mac just dual boot with windows?

Windows requires a minimum of 30gb partitioned, not including whatever other programs you want to install. Most MacBooks (which is Apple's most sold computer type) top out at 250gb of HD space. If you want to dual boot using your macbook to play PC games, you should probably partition about 100gb, leaving only 150gb for the mac. We all know 150gb isn't a whole lot.

I literally just this week gave up and partitioned 100gb for Windows7 and PC games on my 500gb Macbook Pro. 500gb gives me a bit more freedom to do it, but I do so much video editing in OSX that I really need as much space as possible. As a PC gamer who only has a mac at the moment (for reasons not worth explaining here), I'm joyous any time a major game comes out on OSX.

That's what I did with my Windows/Linux dual boot (I have a 750gb hdd though.

My brother on the other hand for his Mbp decided to buy an external usb3 hdd to install his Steam games since usb3 is fast enough to keep up with loading. So when he installs a game he tells Stream to install it to a custom folder on the external hdd and makes sure to plug in the hdd whenever he boots into Windows.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Sexualized avatars affect the real world, researchers find. Oct 11, 2013, 07:53 Kitkoan

Axis wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 18:37:
I know this based on the bazillions of game hours I've played making the most stupidest looking avatars possible, when possible cause it's WAY more funny and ultimately more cool...

Hehe, I've done this in Guild Wars 2, my guy walks around in a fully hot pink (I think that exact color) outfit.

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 11, 2013, 07:49 Kitkoan

I personally use a Nexus 10 with a micro USB to usb connector to plug in my ps3 controller for emulators.

PSX, NDS, She's, etc... All work with the controller perfectly so no fighting onscreen controls unless I'm charging the tablet (can't plug in controller and charge since only one connector.) Xbox controller isn't as good as the emulators don't seem to ever see the back trigger buttons (L2/R2) though I think it's an Android driver issue for the Xbox controller.

And the Humble Bundles show up randomly with Android games.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: 5 ridiculous tech fees... Oct 10, 2013, 06:32 Kitkoan

My Internet company won't let me provide my own modem, I HAVE to rent theirs. They claim is to make sure that all modems are compatible and won't cause connection issues and whatever...  

671 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo