Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kitkoan

Real Name Kitkoan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kitkoan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2010, 04:28
Total Comments 641 (Apprentice)
User ID 56087

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up
6. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 11, 2012, 22:25 Kitkoan

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 21:29:
Step 1: Go to stats system and look at top 20% of the players. Run a quick algorithm on score vs time. Ban.
Step 2: Sort players by % of headshots. Ban.

Step 1, ban many legit players that had better gear on their side. Full surround sound and high precision mouse that allowed them to pin-point and shoot their enemies, more so since their system could handle the game at full specs.

Step 2, again ban players because they had high end gaming gear that allowed them to preform these actions. I've seen people do headshots like nothing and have a very high headshot % without the need of cheats. Combine a large screen monitor (which makes everything, including heads, larger and easier to see/hit) combined with track-ball style mice that allow massive pin-point accuracy. If someone has this setup and knows how to use it, its not hard for them to jump around people headshotting them while being almost impossible to hit.

You can't just sit there blindly going "Ok, these are our top players and no one can be very good at our game so they MUST be cheating". The right gaming gear tuned to a person that knows how to correctly tune it to their needs can play these games amazingly well. I used to watch my brother play Call of Duty on the PS3 with 5.1 surround sound headphones which let him rock almost every game. With the surround sound alone he could pin point were people were running and shooting around him. Run out behind a rock behind him and from the left? Quickly turn while jumping to the side and shoot him. You can hear and in turn know he's exactly there. He wasn't cheating, but the gear made a huge difference.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
71. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 00:30 Kitkoan

CythrawL wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 22:21:

last I checked it was one of the Splinter Cell Games (Cant remember which) that held the record for the longest uncracked.. over 12 months wasnt it?? But yeah it still got cracked, and I never bothered with it.

If I remember right, it was 6 days it took to be cracked, not months.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 6, 2012, 21:15 Kitkoan

Lorcin wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 20:28:
No point in that petition - most of the pc gamers would just slag off the port and the graphics.

Seriously doubt that unless its a crap port.

Remember, Breath of Death VII and Cthulth Saves the World was sold for more money on PC then it was on XBox 360, and yet in 6 days it made more on PC then on a year on XBox. No one complained about the graphics on it either. It was a solid port

News Comments > Indie Royale New Year's Bundle
6. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 5, 2012, 23:42 Kitkoan

Flatline wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 21:15:
I'm not thrilled with bundles that include unfinished games, and from those links it looks like at least two of them are unfinished.

Which 2 are those?

4. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 5, 2012, 21:07 Kitkoan

killer_roach wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 21:00:
It's up to the developers whether or not they provide Linux binaries.

I don't have an issue with there being no Linux games there, I have an issue that the Indie Royale group decided to claim "We will be pushing to have Linux games" for attention and this is the 5th one with no Linux.

Its like the Humble Indie Bundle. Not once (that I know of) have they ever mentioned "We have Steam and Desura code for all our games" for attention until they did in fact have those codes (and they aren't always able to get Desura codes). Thats fine because they know they aren't always able to get them. They knew that if they did push that message and weren't able to come through then it would look bad for them. Indie Royale here keeps making sections for Linux games and still nothing.

1. Re: Indie Royale New Year's Bundle Jan 5, 2012, 20:46 Kitkoan

Still no Linux games... its not like they didn't mention since the beginning they would try to get Linux games, made a section of each download page for Linux games and 5th package later...
Oh wait, they did say that, they did make a section for Linux games and still no Linux games...

News Comments > Wakfu Open Beta
3. Re: you got it wrong, blue Jan 4, 2012, 21:33 Kitkoan

I'm surprised that its available for all 3 major OS's, Windows, Linux and OSX. Might have to try the Linux client  

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle 4 Passes $2M
11. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 4 Passes $2M Dec 26, 2011, 20:02 Kitkoan

Jerykk wrote on Dec 26, 2011, 19:33:
Pretty impressive numbers. It's sad that the Humble Bundle is the only one to get those kind of numbers, though. The other bundles aren't nearly as successful.

I think part of it is because this bundle is the only one that has all of its games on all 3 major platforms and all their games are DRM free.

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle 4 Passes $2M
8. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 4 Passes $2M Dec 26, 2011, 19:01 Kitkoan

space captain wrote on Dec 26, 2011, 18:59:
havent bought any of these nor do i plan to, but if you dont want your customers to do a certain thing, then dont give them a wide open opportunity and invite them to do it

just dont give them a chance.. instead of letting them do it and then getting on the high horse of moral superiority to lavish them with "tsk tsk"s

its fucking stupid

I see your faith in humanity is at an all time low.

And a bah humbug to you sir.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2011, 17:30 Kitkoan

"Cupcake Deemed 'Security Threat,' Confiscated By TSA"
Looks like the war on obesity has claimed another victim....

News Comments > Metal Dead and Demo Released
1. Re: Metal Dead and Demo Released Dec 24, 2011, 17:16 Kitkoan

Maybe I'm just missing it on the games page, but where is the playable demo? I heard about this game a few days ago and wanted to try a demo for it, but couldn't find one. Not on the main site nor on Desura.

Anyone able to find the demo or is that just a mis-type?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 23, 2011, 21:00 Kitkoan

I think part of why I think people don't want to mention otherwise is because its become popular to claim Jobs was so great and no one wants to think others. He was a great marketer and knew how to convince people of what he wanted them to (his whole "reality distortion field" was well known). And to go against it will have others goes against you.

Richard Stallman did something like this. When Steve Jobs died he stated "I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone" due to the fact that Jobs had "the pioneer of the computer as a jail made cool, designed to sever fools from their freedom" He spoke against Jobs and the papers published it... as a 'how dare he speak ill of Jobs'. The articles weren't about how computer users have been losing power over their device (computer as a jail) and other comments. No, he got demonized in the papers for going against Jobs. And this will make sure others don't ever say against Jobs. It was always thought by many you would be ignored for speaking against Jobs, now we know what truly happens.

For those wondering more of what Richard Stallman said about Jobs death, a more complete section of Jobs death was "Im not glad hes dead, but Im glad hes gone. Nobody deserves to have to die - not Jobs, not Mr. Bill, not even people guilty of bigger evils than theirs. But we all deserve the end of Jobs malign influence on peoples computing. Unfortunately, that influence continues despite his absence. We can only hope his successors, as they attempt to carry on his legacy, will be less effective."

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 23, 2011, 19:28 Kitkoan

cappy wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 17:17:
But Steve Jobs "achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world....Jobs touched an ugly world of technology and made it beautiful. "

No, Jobs learns how to copy someone elses idea and make a huge marketing campaign to make it seem like it was his idea the whole time.

Things that "changed the world" like the iPhone were a lot of cut and paste of things like the LG Prada. In fact, the iPhone was so close that LG was considering suing Apple over the iPhone if it functioned too much like the Prada. Granted, unlike Apple, LG didn't see the need to sue over the iPhone having their "look and feel".
"At first glance, we recognized the iPhone shares many form factors with the Prada phone. We are flattered that other makers follow our design policy, LG spokesman Lee Hyoung-kun said."
LG Considers Suing Apple.

As for the iPad being inspired by hearing a Microsoft employee brag about a tablet they were developing, more like Apple saw the all the Android tablets being shown off in China a year before. Apple just wanted to jump that train since it was cheap and easy. Android tablets were the latest thing in 2009 in electronic shows, about a year before the iPad came out.
Android Tablet in 2009

But like other people in history it was money, marketing and power that changed who did the real work and who got the credit for it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 21, 2011, 20:33 Kitkoan

When anyone else has mentioned the same thing, the RIAA didn't care and sued them anyways (even if they didn't have a computer)  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 19, 2011, 01:47 Kitkoan

Dev wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 01:15:
Edit:
L4d2 changelog says this

Added new achievement, Valve Gift Grab 2011 L4D2

That happened on the 16th. Similar thing happened on the 15th with a few other games

Team Fortress 2
Added the "Valve Gift Grab 2011 TF2" achievement

Day of Defeat: Source
Added the "Valve Gift Grab 2011 DoD:S" achievement

Counter-Strike: Source
Added the "Valve Gift Grab 2011 CS:S" achievement

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 18, 2011, 16:46 Kitkoan

Knowing that I have a ton of games on the go and that Skyrim will have enough DLC packs to double its price tag (like both Fallouts, Oblivion, Morrowind), I'm just waiting for it to go Game of the Year around fall next year (seems to be the average waiting time). That way
a) the game will be fully patched as they will bother
b) cheaper for me
c) many great mods will be made for it
d) Manage to get through some of these others games

News Comments > The Humble Indie Bundle #4
1. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 13, 2011, 21:33 Kitkoan

Wow, with all the other bundles popping up, the Humble Indie group just seems to be cranking them out really fast.

Maybe its because the developers really are enjoying this and the help with its sales.

I know that the maker of The Oil Blue (sold in the Indie Royale bundle) has stated:

"15,000 sales of the Indie Royale bundle! That's x35 what I sold on my own with the Oil Blue in 1.5 years." Link

They might make less per sale, but make a ton more sales and get better known. And with the Humble Indie Bundle being the more well known, it might be worth it to offer your games there.

News Comments > Indie Royale's Xmas Bundle
2. Re: Indie Royale's Xmas Bundle Dec 13, 2011, 03:08 Kitkoan

Preordered 5 dollars.
Games look like fun. I've heard of Dino D-Day, sounds over the top and fun. The Blackwell Trilogy is a new one for me though.
Don't have much interest in The Oil Blue though.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 8, 2011, 14:48 Kitkoan

OnLive for my tablet is a nice idea but the thing is, last time I tried OnLive (3 monthish ago?) it was horrible. Controls lagged too much to make it worth the effort. Now if it can figure out how to kill the lag (maybe download a small part to my tablet so it can handle controls on my system) then it would be something I would buy, with the controller extra.  

News Comments > Cargasm HD Crowdsourcing
2. Re: Cargasm HD Crowdsourcing Dec 8, 2011, 14:33 Kitkoan

I'm more surprised that all you get is a discount. If what I contribute is used in the game, I would think that I should get a free copy at least  

641 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo