Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kitkoan

Real Name Kitkoan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kitkoan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2010, 04:28
Total Comments 671 (Apprentice)
User ID 56087

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details
14. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 14, 2012, 22:57 Kitkoan

Here's an interesting thing, who here has any of these Starter Edition keys and who would be interested in one? Maybe people can share this here? Like the whole Blues News family/regulars sharing with one another. Maybe not post the keys here on the forum but maybe share through email or Steam or whatnot?  

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details
4. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 14, 2012, 21:30 Kitkoan

So the starter edition is just the demo with a fancy name?  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 13, 2012, 20:45 Kitkoan

Ozmodan wrote on May 13, 2012, 14:21:
I serious doubt that many people are dumb enough to use facebook to message considering their penchant for using your personal information.

Oh, don't doubt the unlimited stupidity of people and Facebook... 2

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
19. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 13, 2012, 20:36 Kitkoan

Personally I would never buy a plasma tv. Reason being that I had two different friends buy them (at the store without even trying you could tell which ones were LCD and Plasma, the Plasma ones were brighter and better all around looking.)

The problem? Screen burn, lot of easy to get screen burn. Play a game with a HUD for an hour? You can still see it like 2 hours later. Same with tv channels that put their logo on in the corner. They both had to put their tv on sleep mode at night before bed on burn protection mode (can't remember the name, it made the screen white with it have a fade to black bar going from right to left). If they didn't do this, screen burn all day the next day.

Both bought an LCD tv after that. Didn't matter it has the "grey haze" in the colour, it doesn't have screen burn.

As for OLED tv's, I hope not. From what I understand, OLED's can lose like half their brightness in 5 years. Due this this, OLED's are great for smartphones and tablets that have an expected lifespan of 2-4 years tops so you won't notice it, but if your going to have a device that will be around longer, like a TV, it's not as good.

(AMOLED and OLED's are mostly the same, the difference being AM-OLED means Advanced Matrix, aka, touch sensitive, with OLED not being touch sensitive).

On a different note, one of the other differences of LCD and OLED is pixel density and colour. LCD's don't have the richness of colour as an OLED, but a LCD can have much smaller pixels. The best example of this I can think of is the iPad 3 vs the Galaxy Tab. The iPad3 has a LCD screen which gives it the huge screen size that the Galaxy Tab just can't do (the Galaxy Tab uses a AMOLED screen). The catch? Pictures look brighter and better on the Galaxy Tab, but not as sharp since the screen size is smaller.
For a decent example, you can look at this YouTube video, at the times of 1:39-1:43 when he zooms in to the screens. You can see the Galaxy Tab on the right has richer yellows and blues, look at the Sun icon, the one above it, look at the yellow "Feature" icons. The color difference is something you can notice here.

This comment was edited on May 13, 2012, 20:49.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 12, 2012, 12:14 Kitkoan

space captain wrote on May 12, 2012, 05:30:
Kitkoan wrote on May 12, 2012, 03:38:
Cutter wrote on May 12, 2012, 02:56:
Foxconn chairman- we're going to build Apple's television...no matter how many slaves it takes! Welcome to the new Egypt!

The Epygtians at least made original things...

other pyramids were made by other cultures before them

Egypt made more then pyramids

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 12, 2012, 03:38 Kitkoan

Cutter wrote on May 12, 2012, 02:56:
Foxconn chairman- we're going to build Apple's television...no matter how many slaves it takes! Welcome to the new Egypt!

The Epygtians at least made original things...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
15. Re: Evening Metaverse May 12, 2012, 03:30 Kitkoan

Xil wrote on May 12, 2012, 02:10:
Kitkoan wrote on May 11, 2012, 22:50:
Its not just CEO's of companies like HBO. Its the others like Comcast whom are trying to stifle internet innovation with low caps. Trying as hard as they can to kill of competition like Netflix and others, just to keep their cable tv connections alive against the sea of internet streaming that they can't profit from.

to be honest I still find it amazing that this is happening in the US, I have no cap here (netherlands) and I think I have to look hard to find an ISP that does. When I started with cable internet I seem to remember it was somewhere around 5mb/s for 35euro or something, over time that has changed and right now am on 30mb/s for 25euro, which is is enough for me, but if i want 100mb/s for 50euro is an option I can take.

what has changed here though is that the mobile companies have swaped from unlimited to limited internet.

I'm in Canada, not the US.

And it's worse here.

Much, much worse.

Might I show you the internet plans Rogers (one of the biggest players here in Canada) offer? http://www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeedBrowseFlowDefaultPlans

5. Re: Evening Metaverse May 11, 2012, 23:00 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on May 11, 2012, 22:53:
Kitkoan wrote on May 11, 2012, 22:50:
Prez wrote on May 11, 2012, 22:42:
Internet video would be the future if pants-on-head retards like the CEO of HBO weren't actively trying to stifle and kill it because it threatens their antiquated and obsolete business model.

Its not just CEO's of companies like HBO. Its the others like Comcast whom are trying to stifle internet innovation with low caps. Trying as hard as they can to kill of competition like Netflix and others, just to keep their cable tv connections alive against the sea of internet streaming that they can't profit from.

Oh, they are on my list of corporate vultures, believe me. They are at the top, actually.

Everyone has their own list. They aren't the top of mine, I have a different company that is the worst on my list

3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 11, 2012, 22:50 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on May 11, 2012, 22:42:
Internet video would be the future if pants-on-head retards like the CEO of HBO weren't actively trying to stifle and kill it because it threatens their antiquated and obsolete business model.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse May 11, 2012, 22:02 Kitkoan

And the really sad thing is the HBO Boss could very well be right.

As more people are slowly moving to 3G/4G/LTE and the rumors that some of the ISP's are slowly moving from DSL/cable connections to said wireless tech, smaller data caps and more cloud services of various things from games to documents, ect... Video streaming could die sooner more then later.

A side effect of people wanting more and more internet everywhere, lack of competition in wireless spectrum and people not understanding the long term results of todays actions. When your cap is 30 gigs at best a month, who wants to stream hundreds of MB to a gig or two a show? Better to just use the streaming cable box that costs $40-80 a month with no limit to watch the shows, same results as cable, just called something different.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test
16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test May 11, 2012, 00:02 Kitkoan

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 11, 2012, 00:01:
Kitkoan wrote on May 10, 2012, 23:48:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 10, 2012, 23:44:
ah crap....I want to jump on this so bad considering the time I put in all 4 games of the original...but I have so much to do in the original games that I have a hard time getting the new one....and so much to play, and D3, TL2, etc etc etc....

Someone convince me to get it......

Oh? I still need to finish Factions and Eye of the North myself.

What do you have left to do?

Well, I had some people run me through some areas as my guy isn't a brute...but some of the missions in Factions I can't do. And I haven't even started Eye yet...waiting for a group to do it.

I've hero'ed my way through everything, being a elementalist.

If you want to join up with me on Guild Wars though, always will to try

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test May 10, 2012, 23:48 Kitkoan

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 10, 2012, 23:44:
ah crap....I want to jump on this so bad considering the time I put in all 4 games of the original...but I have so much to do in the original games that I have a hard time getting the new one....and so much to play, and D3, TL2, etc etc etc....

Someone convince me to get it......

Oh? I still need to finish Factions and Eye of the North myself.

What do you have left to do?

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test May 10, 2012, 23:47 Kitkoan

Fion wrote on May 10, 2012, 21:50:
On the plus side, characters haven't been wiped yet either.

I'm pretty sure those characters are your account ones and won't be deleted unless you do it. I think this because of the whole free gems which can be only used on characters.

Could be wrong

News Comments > The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month
18. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 23:41 Kitkoan

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 10, 2012, 23:37:
Kitkoan wrote on May 10, 2012, 23:03:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 10, 2012, 18:27:
saluk wrote on May 10, 2012, 17:25:
I want to play this game. Slowdowns make it not fun, I would rather they fix that than add more stuff I still can't see.

? Even Zelda slows down in some areas....and I still fire that up and have a blast.

Zela slowed to a walking pace, this game slows to a crawl and sometimes into the fetal position...

Ouch. Mine doesn't slow that much even on my crappy laptop....

I've had it slow pretty badly on windows, crawling into the fetal position is more when I ran it on Linux (had a 2 second delay?)

*edit* Anyone know if there will be any hope of getting this for Linux? Or more of a "when Steam is on Linux, hope it has Steam Play?"

This comment was edited on May 10, 2012, 23:50.

16. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 23:03 Kitkoan

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 10, 2012, 18:27:
saluk wrote on May 10, 2012, 17:25:
I want to play this game. Slowdowns make it not fun, I would rather they fix that than add more stuff I still can't see.

? Even Zelda slows down in some areas....and I still fire that up and have a blast.

Zela slowed to a walking pace, this game slows to a crawl and sometimes into the fetal position...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization May 10, 2012, 22:14 Kitkoan

nin wrote on May 10, 2012, 22:06:
I'm pretty sure his point wasn't if they were evil or not, but that the vast majority of game links in this section are for iOS, and not android.

Having said that, if you want to see more android links, send em in!

Well Apple is evil, but your right. I mentioned it because Android is very under reported here.

News Comments > Free Midnight Club 2
6. Re: Free Midnight Club 2 May 10, 2012, 21:57 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on May 10, 2012, 21:48:
It's a nice gesture but useless to anyone not still on XP.

Going to try it on WINE later, see if it works. If not, oh well

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 10, 2012, 21:24 Kitkoan

Thank you Blue for posting an Android game, so rare they get mentioned  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Support?
6. Re: BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Support? May 10, 2012, 00:17 Kitkoan

Jerykk wrote on May 9, 2012, 23:00:
Did anyone play Bioshock 2 multiplayer on any platform?

Maybe 3 rounds on PS3, was terrible. Would have prefered 1 more world then all that multiplayer

3. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 9, 2012, 23:23 Kitkoan

nin wrote on May 9, 2012, 23:15:
Still no gamepad support?

Flash issue I think

671 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo