Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kitkoan

Real Name Kitkoan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kitkoan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2010, 04:28
Total Comments 671 (Apprentice)
User ID 56087

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts
63. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 21:59 Kitkoan

crypto wrote on May 22, 2012, 21:47:
sauron wrote on May 22, 2012, 19:11:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 22, 2012, 19:03:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 22, 2012, 18:47:
To say the least. Nothing like hoping for a bunch of people to be out of work just because you don't like a product. Maybe one day he'll get laid off and a bunch of people will laugh at him for it. It'd be fitting.

Maybe next year when you enter elementary school your reading comprehension will improve. Because I said nothing about "hoping for a bunch of people to be out of work", ya know? I'm hoping for this game to fail just like it deserves. The people can fuck off and go work on some other EA/BioWare piece of shit game... I don't give a fuck. I ain't hoping for anything in that regard.

Also, reported this post for lack of intelligence.

I'm quoting your quoted quote to make a point about the point of your reporting... was pointless.

How dare you bring facts and logic into this...

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. Re: Morning Metaverse May 22, 2012, 21:44 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on May 22, 2012, 20:39:
Understanding that everyone is right in saying that the FB property is hugely overvalued, I still wouldn't have been surprised to see the stock take off. Investors aren't generally known for their impeccable judgement.

No, but judging from the bailouts, they are well rewarded for massive failures.

59. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 21:42 Kitkoan

Sepharo wrote on May 22, 2012, 21:37:
Please nobody ever report something aimed at me. I prefer to leave that stuff up. Go on tell me how fat my face is! It will make you look ultra smart!

Haw haw, your face is fat... Mad

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Security
2. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 22, 2012, 21:29 Kitkoan

In short, its your fault if our security is broken, thanks for the money.

Not to mention, they totally dodged the issue. So, what happened with this? A lot of accounts got hacked, why? Your security at fault or the users security at fault? What steps are being taken to prevent further problems? Are their steps being taken? Is it being looked into? Or are you just going to point at the Authenticator and hope the problem goes away?

53. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 21:09 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on May 22, 2012, 20:04:
I must just be an asshole because I don't really see anything wrong with CJ's original post that has got everyone's panties in a twist. Sure, he seems to be taking an inordinate amount of pleasure in someone's failure, but considering how much cash was thrown at it, how bad it turned out, and that it replaced the game most people seem to have actually wanted (KotoR 3), even that is somewhat understandable. I'm not going to start the "CJ Parker: Troll Extraordinaire Fan Club" or anything, but I am kind of in agreement with him.

You're an asshole Prez, but thats part of your... charm?

On a more serious note, I'm with you about CJ's comment. Sure it wasn't the most elegantly phrased, but is right. The company made a crappy product and its failing for being crap. This is a good thing. Too many companies and their crappy products keep getting praised and declared as "innovative" or whatever the newest buzz word is, and the blind masses buy the crap because they are praised in the media.

This keeps leading to more and more crappy products. We all complain about CoD being a crappy game that keeps coming out with carbon copy sequels but you know what? They keep selling even though they are crap. This really shouldn't be happening and its a good sign that one of these things is failing for following this crap-more-crap business model. Just because a company pisses out a ton of money at the product doesn't mean it should succeed.

17. Re: Morning Metaverse May 22, 2012, 19:01 Kitkoan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 22, 2012, 18:51:
Beamer wrote on May 22, 2012, 15:36:
Important to remember: Facebook did NOT want to go public. They absolutely hate the idea. They're forced to by financial regulations - they've simply grown too vast to not be a public company.

So you can't really blame Facebook for this "perversion." Facebook was forced into this by government regulations. They had no interest in raising capital as they have more than enough cash on hand, anyway.

What government regulations force a company to go public when they reach a certain size? Not saying they don't exist, I've just never heard of them.

I'm curious about this too. I've never heard of something like that before. If a company reaches "X" then they must go public?

Anyone know anything about this?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 22, 2012, 18:58 Kitkoan

SimplyMonk wrote on May 22, 2012, 14:39:
Judge scolds attorneys in Oracle vs. Google patent trial

The US Patent system in regards to programming and web design makes me sad.

The US Patent system makes me sad... the fact they are trying to push their horribly broken system on the world makes me feel even worse.

News Comments > Op Ed
41. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2012, 00:02 Kitkoan

AnointedSword wrote on May 19, 2012, 22:38:
The funny thing about media is they can take 1 person out of a 100 and make them sound like the majority. Very few know what journalism is anymore. They have learned from the left wing media and all they teach is how to be one sided. There are many happy customers playing D3 without a problem. In most cases people that complain the most are either hackers, pirates, or people that are running dinosaurs rater than computers.

Typical BS argument, sounds just like the excuses for warrantless wiretapping and other forms of Big Brotherism.

"Only criminals and theives would want freedom and privacy. If your not doing anything wrong, then you shouldn't have to worry about being snooped on all the time."

My laptop isn't a dinosaur, but my internet connection isn't great and drops often. Thats why I won't support this.

If thats not enough, go tell every since solitary "pirate, thief and people running a dinosaur" that error 34 was nothing and they are only making it up to justify their actions.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed May 19, 2012, 21:18 Kitkoan

deqer wrote on May 19, 2012, 21:03:
Oh, and like that one guy said:
"This game is just running on reputation. Does not deserve the Diablo title."

Yup.

It's the only reason Blizzard could get away with something like this. Any other title they try this with, and people would be like "Nah."

But it's "Diablo 3", and Blizzard knew you'd all bite into it regardless of what Blizzard had in mind for you and the game.

It's sad that so many people bought into this; and it's more sad that they try to defend themselves about it--telling themselves "No! I'm not a fool! ... It's Diablo 3! It's awesome!!!"--and bitching at anyone who doesn't agree.

Welp, have fun leasing your Diablo 3. lulz.

One of the reasons Diablo 3 is running on reputation only is no doubt that Diablo 3 isn't made by the people who made Diablo 1 and 2. Its just a bunch of randoms that Blizzard hired and gave access to the IP. The makers of Diablo left a long time ago and formed 2 different gaming companies that seem to be quite big and upcoming.

Maybe you've heard of their newest games they've been making? Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight 2?

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed May 19, 2012, 21:13 Kitkoan

briktal wrote on May 19, 2012, 19:36:
Why didn't everyone flip out about Guild Wars not having offline single player? Aside from everyone being too busy arguing if it should be called an MMORPG or not. There's no real reason why GW couldn't have a separate offline mode, but it didn't and everyone was fine with that.

Might be because up until Nightfall, you really couldn't finish Guild Wars solo. It was made to be played online. Henchmen weren't strong enough to do the game solo (me and another friend of mine tried, and not together). It was an MMO because it was made to be done in groups.

As for heroin's comment, Starcraft 2 has the same kind of DRM and so-called "socialized need", but it didn't stop it from being cracked (looked it up on YouTube of how to, found some instructions and video showing how to do it, some of them only 12 hours old so it's not the beta.) So if Starcraft 2 can be cracked so can Diablo 3 and the only one's who are truly being hurt here is the paying customers.

*edit*

Also, most of my friends don't know that this game is online needed still, I had to tell them that. One I had to tell today since they had no idea even after the whole "Error 34" thing that has happened. Most people don't keep up with gaming news as we do here on BluesNews.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed May 19, 2012, 14:25 Kitkoan

Alamar wrote on May 19, 2012, 13:33:
deqer wrote on May 19, 2012, 12:05:
oh hai guys,

this might seem off-topic, but here's a link to 28 pages of refund threads.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?q=refunds&f=post&forum=3354739

This brings up a really good point...

If you want to 'vote with your money'... Don't not buy something... scream for a refund instead... Taking money away from a company is tracked... not buying (much like piracy in general) can't be.

-Alamar

Most companies won't refund you. Last I heard, if I remember right, is that digital software sales are considered a service and not a product so many credit card companies won't refund you either (unless you go the route of claiming it was stolen, dangerous in the long term).

News Comments > Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive
16. Re: Wasteland 2 May 19, 2012, 14:21 Kitkoan

mag wrote on May 19, 2012, 14:11:
Creston wrote on May 19, 2012, 14:02:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 19, 2012, 12:52:
For all the hate some here are putting on D3, I hope they give the same hate to EA and didn't buy BF3.

I didn't, actually. I also never bought any of the Ubisoft games that came with the always-on DRM. I also have not bought D3.

Ah, consistency. How many others here can say that? (I know Seph can.)

Creston

I can. I have not bought a single game with the always-on DRM.

I can, first thing I do is check if there is any third party DRM in the game from the big [url= http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List ] DRM list.[/url]

Only game that I have that is on the list that I know of is the first Batman game, and only because bought it as a square pack and didn't know about the list.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2012, 19:11 Kitkoan

Shataan wrote on May 18, 2012, 17:20:
Games are just the tip of the iceberg.... peeps. Imagine no one ever having to buy anything accept an interface to log into THEIR GRID. Hell, they will prolly offer these Interface devices FREE. They will come stock in every new home, and as well you could get a retrofit for older homes.

Then of course ya gotta pay to get onto.... their GRID. And THEY have full control then. I know the U.S. Government would absolutely love that kinda control. They will prolly include all sorts of Big Brother apps to spy on everyone. Big Brothers eyeball... in every home.

All hail the NWO.

Only one problem with this.

Bandwidth caps prevents this from really taking off

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. May 18, 2012, 00:08 Kitkoan

MadBoris wrote on May 17, 2012, 21:50:
That Diablo 3 review was great.
Long read but I had a good ride, LMAO.

And that is why I won't be buying D3. GoG.com games don't have issues when my internet is down

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
15. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:56 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on May 15, 2012, 21:51:
I'm still stunned Blue actually used the "arrow to the knee" line after his comment. UGH!

Maybe he took an Error 37 to the knee?

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
5. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:11 Kitkoan

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2012, 21:05:
What I find appalling is all the hypocrisy with people buying this crap after all the shit they gave Ubisoft. So apparently it online DRM is ok...so long as it's a game you really, really want, otherwise they're just greedy corporte whores.

Its only DRM if it doesn't do anything. The moment you add one little thing like online chat, then its not DRM, its "online interactive". Its how you market it, mention the good, and not the bad.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse</p> <ul> <li><a href= May 15, 2012, 17:39 Kitkoan

nin wrote on May 15, 2012, 13:40:
Damn, he fixed it!

Awwwwwww.... I missed it? Enough people commented about whatever it was that I'm now curious.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2012, 17:38 Kitkoan

zirik wrote on May 15, 2012, 16:24:
why do i have a feeling we will see more security breaches on os x because of this code analysis by a russian developer?

I doubt that it will be because of that. OSX malware has slowly been on the rise for a while, why Apple built in a malware detector into it a little while ago. Its getting worse and more and more are slowly learning, no this newest one isn't a fluke, its the pebbles coming before the avalanche.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 15, 2012, 17:35 Kitkoan

I liked the part about how their up coming new RPG Dragons Dogma will also have on-disc DLC and that they planned that since the beginning.

Literally starting that it was always planned to be a whole game chipped up into parts and sold in traditional nickle and diming. Stay classy Capcom.

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details
24. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 14, 2012, 23:50 Kitkoan

DangerDog wrote on May 14, 2012, 23:30:
It's going to be "hell" trying to play this game the first few weeks.

just read the joys of server lag and auto-disconnects over on rockpapershotgun.

Doubt many people will play Hell difficulty mode for a few weeks anyways...

671 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo