Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kitkoan

Real Name Kitkoan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kitkoan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2010, 04:28
Total Comments 641 (Apprentice)
User ID 56087

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 28, 2013, 14:19 Kitkoan

jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 04:11:
Taskeen wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 19:27:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 15:47:
Just about every 3D printer out there is a "gun factory." Governments everywhere are shitting their pants.

Good, let them shit their pants. Governments are useless Orwellian fear-mongerers.

There are countries without functioning governments, like Somalia. One result is, in fact, lots of guns. Since you're so keen on that, we'll be waiting for your report of this Utopian country, since your moving there seems imminent.

Only issue with this though is those that have all those guns are the ones trying to become a government. So, remove these attempting governments and you remove the guns.

Sorry to add facts to your comment though, but yeah. Somalia has three main "powers/governments" and they are at war with each other and with this attempt of government has brought a lot of guns, weapons, war and death.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 27, 2013, 19:20 Kitkoan

Quboid wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 10:17:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 02:00:
Quboid wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 22:04:
Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:09:
Unethical users? Lol Apple and it's users are all unethical!

I own an iPod, is there any particular way in which I should kill myself or do I get to choose?

Admitting you have a problem is the first step. Redemption begins with an act of contrition. Destroy your Apple crapple before you're completely consumed by the dark side. If it's too late you may as well head off and join the Taliban.

But it has a 160GB hard drive and 40 hours of battery life. How else can I get that sort of audio performance in a pocket device? Is my own convenience not the most important thing?

More seriously, who can I buy electronic devices from who are any different? Is my Samsung phone any better? Are your electronic devices made by manufacturers who are any different?

I dislike Apple and wouldn't be in a hurry to buy any of their stuff now but in respect to working conditions and off-shore manufacturing, which I gather is your beef, I doubt Apple are any different to virtually anyone else.

While I don't know if they still make huge space mp3 players but if you want a quality mp3 player, you want a cowon mp3 player. Cowon is known for the best quality audio, way beyond ipod, and their players tend to average around 100 hours, yes 100, not a mistype.

I used to have a Cowon S9, was like night and day between it and my ipod 5th Gen in both play time and audio quality with the same headphones. They are a Korean company that builds their players in Korea, not shifty Chinese shops.

Cowon

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2013, 16:05 Kitkoan

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 15:16:
McDonald's dumps Heinz over ex-Burger King CEO.

It just personal, nothing business.

It is business, just more of business then this article is showing. Burger King is controlled by 3G Capitol... One of the two companies that just bought Heinz. Meaning Heinz is one of Burger Kings sister businesses. Not something you'd want to be doing business with.

McDonald’s squeezes out Heinz ketchup – as it is now owned by rival Burger King

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2013, 00:37 Kitkoan

That's great to hear Blue.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 26, 2013, 23:47 Kitkoan

Quboid wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 22:04:
Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:09:
Unethical users? Lol Apple and it's users are all unethical!

I own an iPod, is there any particular way in which I should kill myself or do I get to choose?

Death by iPod?

News Comments > 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced
20. Re: 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced Oct 24, 2013, 17:53 Kitkoan

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 15:46:
InBlack wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 10:36:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 10:33:
Well, since all 3 are x86, i really fail to see how this is a big deal.

Just because all three share the same basic architecture doesnt mean that they are the same to work on. For one thing, the operating system on the Playstation is vastly different from the one on the Xbox. There are other differences as well, so an engine that runs natively on the hardware regardless of the OS being used is, well a pretty big deal.

Ahhh IC, thanks for clearing that up. I'm not much of a programmer atm so i just thought it wouldnt be much different in compiling for one or the other.

It does make quite the difference.

Keep in mind that Windows, Linux and OSX all run on x86 chips but aren't anywhere the same to code.

Or to try a different example, think of each OS as a different language like English, Russian and Chinese. They all use the same hardware (the human mouth) but are all very different.

News Comments > The Killing Floor Halloween Event
3. Re: The Killing Floor Halloween Event Oct 24, 2013, 15:26 Kitkoan

Gadzooks wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 12:23:
Why Killing Floor 2 isnt nearing completion (is it even being made?) is beyond me.

Because Killing Floor still is making enough money to not bother?

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 14:36 Kitkoan

Quboid wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 13:00:
Here's question that's out of the blue so this seems like the place to ask it: will SteamOS games run on any PC distribution of Linux? I don't know if Valve have made this public yet.

As Valve and others have already ported over quite a few games over to Linux without their SteamOS even out, I don't see why they wouldn't work outside of SteamOS in the future.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 11:05 Kitkoan

I admit, I'm curious about how large a pile of coffee bags we are talking about here.  

News Comments > GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds
21. Re: GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds Oct 22, 2013, 18:07 Kitkoan

Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 18:04:
Dev wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:55:
Omni wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 10:55:
The service of GOG is fucking amazing.

Although their humor leaves rather much to be desired.

What do you mean?

Mostly like the "We are no longer *beta* GoG and so *beta* GoG will shut down" prank a while ago.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
78. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 22, 2013, 09:57 Kitkoan

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 08:38:
Awww, did I offend some of you?

No, to offend me you'd have to say something worth saying. Your just annoying.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 21:38 Kitkoan

Good to hear Blue  

75. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 20:18 Kitkoan

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 20:03:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:39:
Way to take it completely out of context, you liberal coward. But I have to come to expect nothing more from you and your miserable kind.

Keep beggin for the ban hammer, and it will come.

It won't be soon enough... He's doing the same bs on other threads. Never seen someone so insecure.

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
23. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 20:04 Kitkoan

Overon wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:33:
filing false DMCA's is illegal.

I don't think that's possible. If I recall correctly, the DMCA was written so that it wasn't possible to be punished if you misused it. Was to allow big companies to use bots to scan and demand things removed, and if they demanded the wrong thing, oh well.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 12:16 Kitkoan

I hope Hudson going to be OK Blue.  

70. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 11:12 Kitkoan

KS wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:55:
Kitkoan wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:19:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:02:
Does the STEAM description misleads the buyer somehow?
If that's the case, I would want a refund for sure.

Kinda does.

It never mentions that it's not a complete game, but in a post in the forum section the developers clearly state "The idea was then formed to make Dark Matter an episodic series, with episodes selling at a budget price of $14.99. Any further episodes would, however, need to be dependent on the success of the previous instalment. The first instalment is what has launched recently on Steam and is simply called Dark Matter."

This is the only mentioning that it's going to be a episodic game, and isn't found anywhere on the store page.

Episodic is fine, but shouldn't it end with a big boss battle?

Wolf 3D was episodic, purchased separately, and all 6 episodes ended with a boss battle. Quake, too, though that was all one purchase.

The difference between Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Quake and all the rest of those "episodic" games of the 90's is you knew they were episodic from the start (the shareware never hid this part). Dark Matter never mentioned this, and as pointed out, it wasn't mentioned until after the game say being sold and was an excuse to angry customers.

Episodic is fine when you let the customer know that it's an episodic game being sold, not something they refused to mention until the customer is angry and then decide after you have the cash to let them know.

64. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 10:19 Kitkoan

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:02:
Does the STEAM description misleads the buyer somehow?
If that's the case, I would want a refund for sure.

Kinda does.

It never mentions that it's not a complete game, but in a post in the forum section the developers clearly state "The idea was then formed to make Dark Matter an episodic series, with episodes selling at a budget price of $14.99. Any further episodes would, however, need to be dependent on the success of the previous instalment. The first instalment is what has launched recently on Steam and is simply called Dark Matter."

This is the only mentioning that it's going to be a episodic game, and isn't found anywhere on the store page.

34. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 22:49 Kitkoan

The Magician wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 21:09:
hey douchebag gamers (not all of us just the idiots who think they can demand a game works their way), you bought the game, you didnt create it. you dont get to act like a retarded douchebag because you dont like the way the story goes. anyone ever demand someone reewrite a book because the ending sucked? no?

fucking babies

People complain just as loudly about badly written books and movies, and some do demand refunds (which sometimes happens with movies).

Also, as noted in the quoted section, the developers now mention it'something to be seen as a "first episode". There isn't a single reference on the store page that this will be part of a multiple game series. As the developers have now mentioned "idea was then formed to make Dark Matter an episodic series, with episodes selling at a budget price of $14.99" It's a partial product hidden as a full product, kind of a bait and switch.

Now back to your whinny rant how the customer should be grateful for anything and not care what was promised verse delivered.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 18:33 Kitkoan

Cutter wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 18:24:
Did you pack your bags? Have they been in your sight the whole time? Wtf do you think nimrod? No I didn't pack them because that's my butler's job and he also handles my bags right up until this point. He's a nice chap, name of Muhammad.

Ironically, my GF packed my bags so I was wrong answering what was in my bag during the "random" x-ray of my bag (oddly enough, they didn't notice or care about that).

(She packed it because she's better at that stuff since she's used to travelling the world and knows how to better pack a travellers backpack then I do. She got more in it and more securely then I was able to...

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 17:49 Kitkoan

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 13:08:
Good news about Hudson.

The airline thing: This is why I only fly when I absolutely have to. I've flown about eight times in the past 10 years. I am tall. I already do not fit in the cramped seating. I swear to God I almost went postal on the flight from Dallas to Hawaii. I could barely walk when i got there my legs and ass were cramped up so bad.

Not to mention that every single damn time I fly I am "randomly" chosen for extra security checks. Come on, assholes, we know it's not really random. Eight flights, eight "random" checks. Uh huh. They see the biggest guy in the line and decide to check him, never mind the Arab guy two people behind him who is statistically 100% more likely to cause an issue on the plane. They won't check him so they don't appear to be profiling, which is exactly what they are doing to me anyway.

On one flight they seated me directly behind the air marshal. BEHIND the air marshal. Wait, so you guys are so concerned about me that you check me every single time I fly, and then you seat me BEHIND the one guy on the plane with a gun. And you let me have things like a metal pen. And we wonder how planes get hi-jacked.

I feel your pain. I just spent a month in South Korea and those seats are terrible. And why I just check for cheapest flights since it pretty much doesn't matter which seats you get as they all suck.

And as the the random checks, got to get my first one this time and I can assure you it wasn't random. They went through my bags in San Francisco (and left the lovely note in the middle of my stuff in my bag) and flagged me again to be searched when I got to Canada to have my stuff x-rayed and explained the more solid objects that they didn't want to force open (a bunch of Korean coffee and some gochujang (Korean chili paste)). And after that they went through my tablet to look for "objectional/illegal images". While this might have been random, the grin on the officers face and the immediate question/first words out his mouth being "So, did you go to the Philippines?" tells me it wasn't random but more a profiled search. Assuming if I'm going to an Asian nation then it must be for no good if it's longer then a week or two. (I went to see my GF, which when mentioned was quickly asked if she was an adult...)

My passport only had stamps of South Korea and the US (I have to pass through the US so I get those stamps but don't have to deal with the US-VISIT BS) since I'm not staying). If I went to another country I would have those stamps too or had to sneak across a boarder on a boat... yeah...

641 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo