Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kitkoan

Real Name Kitkoan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kitkoan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2010, 04:28
Total Comments 669 (Apprentice)
User ID 56087

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: No, four things you REALLY need to know Jul 5, 2012, 19:00 Kitkoan

Joe Wilcox asks if $40 is too much to pay for Windows 8 and current results show that customer opinion is split in half. About 43 percent of all users who participated in the poll stated that they would upgrade for the price, while roughly 42 percent stated they would not.

And of the roughly 42 percent that stated they wouldn't upgrade stated that they won't due to price? I'm not going to upgrade, not because I feel that $40 is too much, but because I don't see a need to upgrade to Windows 8.

Its an OS made for touch screens and my laptop isn't a touch screen laptop. I use Windows to play games, thats it. I don't need Windows 8 to do that, in fact it might kill a few of my games so thats a reason for me not to upgrade.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2012, 18:49 Kitkoan

For those mentioning the $1-$2 Android and iOS games, Square Enix isn't having a problem selling their games on those two at prices between $10-$15 each.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
44. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 21:18 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 20:40:

Wow. You just killed all my interest in it. It's like a checklist of things I don't like.

Thanks?

Your welcome?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
16. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 4, 2012, 20:35 Kitkoan

I have an Transformer Android tablet and it's amazing, and I use it a lot to be honest. I find its great for reading ebooks and following along with lessons on computer projects.

Now does this mean it replaces my laptop? No, there are things that tablets running on mobile OS's can't do. Can I use it as a temp replacement for my laptop? Yes, I did when I took it with me to South Korea for a month and it didn't make me go nuts. In the end, a tablet I feel helps complement my laptop, but it doesn't replace it.

As for the comment about how Android tablets aren't as good as iPads, I will argue against that. I have an Android tablet in my house (mine) and an iPad 3 (roommates) and honestly I tend to find that my tablet is more useful and functional then the iPad. And Apple really doesn't own the tablet market, Android does, Apple is just fiddling with the numbers. iPad is around 62% of the market by volume sold, but most iPads are being sold at discount bulk rate to schools and businesses that are technically dead zones, these customers don't by apps they just want the one hardware, and these aren't the average consumer. Android tablets are being bought by normal customers, they aren't being sold in the tens of thousands to businesses and control about 38-40% of the market, and these numbers are being artificially propped up by dead end sales.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
40. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 20:22 Kitkoan

I have to admit, I was looking forward to this... until I saw it was

a) Not a remake but a re-release

b) Tied to their own unique store. I don't need yet another account to keep track of, I have enough of them. All this says is people are just trying to follow the EA model of "Well if that company can do their own store and maximize profits, so can we."

c) The comment about cloud saves makes it sound very much like always on DRM just trying to hide as something else, a la Diablo 3

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 4, 2012, 00:55 Kitkoan

Jensen wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 23:58:
Apple is usually pretty good about this... they'd rather not release a feature than release a half finished feature.

Calling it one of the worst screw-ups though? It's getting excellent reviews overall, even for an Apple product.

I'd rather view the web on a retina display that scrolls at 20fps than a non-retina at 50fps
(games on the other hand....)

Thats the issue here, it is a half finished feature that they haven't even mentioned when it will be finished. And it possibly will be finished when the next OS comes out, and unless I'm wrong you will have to pay for that. So not only waiting for a fix for a half-finished feature but possible needing to pay to fix it.

I see if a possible worst screw up of this year because Apple went through so much time and effort to hype this up and declare is was so amazing to release this half-baked project that shouldn't have been out the door yet. For something that was supposed to be so "amazing and revolutionary" it lacks massively and has no date when it will be fixed or addressed to make it decent in the real world. Most people use a laptop to surf the internet and this machine is hurting to do that. And to make it worse, it's under Apple "pro" series, aka Professional series. If its hurting to do the very basics, what professional work do you really think it's going to do take real power?

And I've seen the excellent reviews, they all have based it on the the screens resolution in one section but then in every other part always bring down the resolution to half the size and use that as their marker for testing. Whats the point of testing it at half size when what makes this a unique laptop is the bigger screen size? Why do the ones who give great reviews to this laptop never test it at full resolution and then judge what its like? At that screen size you might as well be reviewing the non-retina MBP.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2012, 01:00.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 3, 2012, 23:08 Kitkoan

Thats great... whenever that happens.

Like with all companies, the customer shouldn't be a beta-tester without being told up front. And it should have been addressed before it went out, again, other companies get flak for doing this exact thing "Yes, there is problem x, but we will issue a patch for it... some time in the future not sure when."

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 3, 2012, 20:49 Kitkoan

While I'm guessing I'm going to see a lot of hate after I say this but I'm going ahead anyways.

A tech screw up that could have been on the list I feel is the Macbook Pro with Retina. Its one of those products that sounds great on paper but now that people are starting to use it and spec it, it's starting to sound like a screw up more then anything.

Reviews like this one are stating that the systems are having problems with viewing websites like facebook and are having an average frame rate of 20, with the new OS upgrade bumping it up to 20-30 FPS. This just came out and it's already having issues with keeping up with website scrolling? And on top it won't be upgraded for a year.

Its one of those tech ideas that sounded great, but didn't work out as well as planned.

10. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 3, 2012, 15:06 Kitkoan

If your getting an Android, get the Galaxy Nexus. Nexus phones are the best Android ones. Don't buy a cheap Android phone, they are cheap for a reason.  

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 3, 2012, 02:42 Kitkoan

Which one did you get Cutter?

Also, Madfinger games are on sale for $0.99 at the moment (THD means they are made for devices with a NVidia Tegra chip)

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2012, 03:14.

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 3, 2012, 00:12 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 21:11:
LOOK! Android links!!!!!!!!

Yeah, figured the Android parts were lacking and I think it was you who mentioned that if we don't like that then send in links. So am I now.

News Comments > Minecraft PvP Mod
4. Re: Minecraft PvP Mod Jul 2, 2012, 19:04 Kitkoan

To bad no team play, would be fun to see a group of like ten on ten. 10 people building a base in 15 minutes, a well organized team could make a fun base  

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 18:39 Kitkoan

RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 11:20:
Of course, there is the fact that no Asian country could make a decent game to save their lives(which i dont understand since they supposed to be all Mr. computer)

Companies like NCSoft, Gamevil and Com2uS would like to argue with you from South Korea.

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 18:34 Kitkoan

I'm not surprised that they are working on a crack for D3. Warez scenes are more interested in cracking DRM then pirating games in the end, so the harder the DRM the more they want to crack the game.

Its like the Witcher 2. There was a DRM SecuriROM version and the DRM-free version on GoG, but it was noticed in the end the the DRM version was the one that got pirated the most even though it would have been a lot easier to pirate the DRM-free version.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Why Do People Care About JRPGs? Jul 1, 2012, 00:24 Kitkoan

Mental fluff for me. I play games to enjoy and have fun which JRPGs do. Most tend to be almost like a game on rails with enough sudo-free will to make it enjoyable. I don't need to think we're to go next since the options tend to be clean cut, quests just flow into each other and the level progress tends to be just as fluid (not always but most of the time). And with many of them being just enough over the top to add humor, like a Kill Bill and such.  

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 28, 2012, 00:07 Kitkoan

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 22:23:
Any thoughts on the Google Tablet?

With all the newer Android phones being almost 5 inches, it renders a seven inch tablet pretty useless to me. The phones are big enough for gaming (and with me more then my current tablet) but would be too small to use for reading and movies (what my tablet does).

But it's to each their own. My girlfriend want's one though, not interested in the ten inch tablets.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 16, 2012, 20:35 Kitkoan

DG wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 19:42:
Damn, read the whole article then saw Dev could have saved me the bother

Bear in mind with the specs that consoles are a lot more efficient with CPU, GPU and RAM. The 360 only has 512mb.

Its not that its much more efficient, its that you sit that much further away which lets your eye blur things together and your mind pieces in the gaps. Its like a mosaic, looks horrible up close but great at a distance. You can notice the difference when you sit closer to your screen, like a computer. (I'm not saying its not any more efficient, it is, but a lot of the difference is the distance really helps

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 16, 2012, 19:06 Kitkoan

Maybe they are hoping that this time maybe they will be able to speed up the console life cycle? Maybe every 3-5 years?

Problem for console makers is smartphones right now. Sure the console is a better option but more and more people have a smartphone that they upgrade on average 18-20 months so can play better and better games sooner, and much more people have them so can make for a wider audience. Combine this with more and more people own a computer that can play games decently that they upgrade every 3-5 years and suddenly trying to drag a consoles life span to 8-10 years looks harder and harder. With all the major OS's having their own place to get apps that install with ease and update just as nicely, its not hard for the average consumer to just opt not to get a console.

And this doesn't consider if things like cloud gaming doesn't take off. If it does it can be quite the game changer. Suddenly your games are on anything, your tablet, computer, maybe the computer/smart tv at the hotel. Just bring your OnLive controller and you can play all your games plug-n-play on anyones system without waiting to install or having to make a new game since the saves are in the cloud too.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 16, 2012, 18:53 Kitkoan

Isn't that around the time all the major ISP's become the MPAA's bitches and start sending threating letters to people because they think that sometime, somehow they might just have downloaded something they shouldn't have? And it doesn't matter what the person says, they are guilty and never proven otherwise?  

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 16, 2012, 00:09 Kitkoan

Amazon Kindle Fire's haven't plunged off a cliff. From what I've read here,seems bloggers and others mis-understood what the information presented was really meaning.  

669 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo