Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kitkoan

Real Name Kitkoan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kitkoan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2010, 04:28
Total Comments 669 (Apprentice)
User ID 56087

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 24, 2012, 00:04 Kitkoan

DangerDog wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 21:56:
Dead Trigger publicity stunt? Never heard of the game before.

More like a gamer backlash and they are trying to make themselves look like the victim.

It was a paid game that was a Pay-2-Win game inside. You had to buy the game and then got to find out that in order to win you pretty much needed to spend even more money. So in short, it was a game that its developers killed in greed and are now trying to escape blame for their screw ups. In order to be able to really win, grinding was pretty much impossible, so you would need to at least spend an extra $6 in game. And since the upgrades aren't a part of the game, if anything goes wrong with your save/phone/whatever then you lose those extras you paid for.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 18:23 Kitkoan

Acleacius wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 17:43:
Blue you should go for homemade Kimchi or Sauerkraut. They are great additions to grilled meats and vegetables and have amazing health benefits, since they are fermented.

When I go for Korean Barbeque the side dishes are always a perfect complement to the grilled dishes.

Mmmmmm.... I now want real Korean bbq now, with things like sesame leaf...

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jul 22, 2012, 18:22 Kitkoan

Is it just me, or does the animated police officer in the screen shot look like he's fried on acid? His eyes are completely dilated and have a reflection on them that is normal cartoon signs of being high as a kite  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Using Twitter To Identify Psychopaths Jul 21, 2012, 17:14 Kitkoan

DangerDog wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 15:44:
Pumas wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 14:40:
The use of twitter in general signifies at least some kind of psychosis.

Watch and see how they twist it around to being "abnormal" to not have Facebook and Twitter accounts.

I don't have a Facebook account, so I will be abnormal. I grew up with it being drilled in my head don't release personal information on the web, combined with the fact that there is a known leap in ID fraud with people who use it (since it tends to show more information then most people understand. If not from you then by your friends.)

That and I think Mark Zuckerberg said it best "They trust me dumb fucks".

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Interview
16. Re: YOU WOULDNT LIKE ME WHEN MY BLOOD SUGAR IS LOW Jul 19, 2012, 17:14 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 09:17:
Kitkoan wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 23:29:
space captain wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 02:40:
Kitkoan wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 02:00:
space captain wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 00:47:
<<! nerd rage !>>

this time, its personal

Must be one hell of a nerd rage...

Isn't this a Windows PC game we are talking about and don't you use OSX?...

i was making fun of creston being such a baby

not sure how you came up with your retarded fantasy version of me, but it fits with your inability to perceive humor

or maybe you just want to be superior... more fantasy, kiddo

So you don't use OSX and really use Windows only?

Oh god, don't feed him...he'll bust out some speach about subjective morality, the dimples on golf balls changing the gravity of the earth, single celled organisms building towers out of ice cubes, and how all this clearly makes him better than you.

But its fun to bait the troll and use his own words against him.

He's been so pro-Apple and now he's claiming that my saying he uses OSX is just some fantasy, meaning he doesn't use OSX at all

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears
11. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 16:16 Kitkoan

" this was in part offset by growth in online back-catalog sales"

AKA selling our older games DRM-Free on GoG made a lot more money then we thought but don't want to admit it since we keep pushing more and more DRM down our customers throats for our newer games, meaning it might not a good business plan for the long term.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 19, 2012, 15:07 Kitkoan

Oops, I wrote the email to Blue very late last night and must have mis-phrased it.

All these Android games are available as a pay as you go Bundle from the Indie Gala.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jul 19, 2012, 00:43 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 23:24:
Cracked articles are often laugh-out-loud funny and this one is no exception, but I had to roll my eyes at portions of it. Wee!!! Yet another fluff piece on supposed racism in videogames. Gee, there's not nearly enough of those running around. Rolleyes If a game is set in Africa, and in the game the locals are infected by an evil corporation's zombie virus, then maybe, just maybe, wouldn't it stand to reason that the zombies would *GASP!!!* look like the locals? But no, we have to whine incessantly about the evils of shooting black people (and they're not even "people" that we are shooting - they're frickin' ZOMBIES!). Shoot whitey all you want; no problem there. But don't make the bad guys anything other than white dudes or else we will fucking whine like bitches about it.

I've always felt this way about that whole supposed Resident Evil 5 racists BS argument. What were they expecting? That the virus got mutated with some "albinizer" and suddenly everyone was turned white?

14. Re: YOU WOULDNT LIKE ME WHEN MY BLOOD SUGAR IS LOW Jul 18, 2012, 23:29 Kitkoan

space captain wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 02:40:
Kitkoan wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 02:00:
<<! nerd rage !>>

this time, its personal

i was making fun of creston being such a baby

not sure how you came up with your retarded fantasy version of me, but it fits with your inability to perceive humor

or maybe you just want to be superior... more fantasy, kiddo

So you don't use OSX and really use Windows only?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2012, 21:27 Kitkoan

Darks wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 15:54:
This is where Microsoft is failing, they really need to listen to the customers and stop and think that releasing a new OS should only come about every 5 to 6 years. Plus, they are trying to wow people wit the touch feely look of it and that is not working for a standard desktop platform.

They are doing what your suggesting though, they are listening to the customers and the press. Name an OS that is that isn't released every year or two the people talk about that isn't Windows. Linux/Ubuntu? Every 18 months. iOS? Yearly. Android? Yearly. OSX? Getting shorter between releases, it's now almost yearly I think. These OS's get a lot of attention in the media and for the reason that they are updated so often. And they are being used more at the expensive of Windows.

By updating so often other OS's get a lot of media attention/free marketing as well as getting to be viewed as being more "modern" with each OS number. It doesn't matter to the public that most OS upgrades are quite minor, because look its the newest version and that means it's newer and must be better.

Windows is the only well used OS that doesn't do this and for that they are being viewed as more of a dinosaur even though they are very innovative with things like making motion control sensors, creating both the first mobile OS designed for non-stylus touch and now a full traditional OS (and for creating an OS that was made for multi touch, the Surface), the first in car voice controlled system, etc... So now Microsoft is listening to the paying public. Yearly or biyearly OS upgrades is what people are putting their money to work for, then that is what the public really wants. And that is what Microsoft is trying to do here.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 17, 2012, 21:14 Kitkoan

ledhead1969 wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 19:37:
"Now you can control Xbox 360 through iPad."

Wow, the exact opposite of what is needed.

Your wanted to control your iPad with your Xbox 360?

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jul 17, 2012, 02:04 Kitkoan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 22:39:
Activision is the pestilent boil of the Industry.. so no surprise there. There were never so many games coming up like this year, so the Industry is certainly not dead. It's just the big studios that have a problem, because big studios usually do not do new fresh stuff.

More like the big studios are trying to pound a square (console-style gaming) peg through a round (computer-style gaming) hole and not understanding why it's not working well

8. Re: YOU WOULDNT LIKE ME WHEN MY BLOOD SUGAR IS LOW Jul 17, 2012, 02:00 Kitkoan

<<! nerd rage !>>

this time, its personal

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2012, 03:46.

News Comments > Steam Linux Plans
13. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 17, 2012, 01:45 Kitkoan

ChaosEngine wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 00:55:
UConnBBall wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 00:29:
BUT Linux and Mac OS are very similar in terms of graphics and so it really isn't "hard." Really worth it if we can leave M$ behind and get our own "Gaming OS."

Yeah, fight the power! After all these years, maybe you'll finally defeat the evil M$ and maybe even lose your virginity too.

Will that include fighting the evil O$X empire too? All from the comfort of my parents basement?

12. Re: Steam Linux Plans Jul 17, 2012, 01:44 Kitkoan

Slashman wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 00:26:
headkase wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 23:27:
Good news for me. I'm currently running Ubuntu 12.04 as my only operating system. I also have a huge library of Steam games that I'm currently not using as per the previous sentence.

Perhaps I missed something...but why would you have a huge library of Steam games and still be running only Linux?

First thought is all those Humble Indie Bundles, they all (but the first I think) had Steam keys. Now what will make this really interesting is that all those Humble Bundles had Linux games AND Steam keys. What this means is that every Linux gamer that put money to those Humble Bundles can possibly look forward to 50+ish Linux games ready and waiting for them on Steam for Linux Day 1 and they are all already in their account, not waiting to be purchased.

7. Re: Steam Linux Plans Jul 17, 2012, 00:19 Kitkoan

headkase wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 23:53:
Kitkoan wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 23:36:
Have you tried using PlayOnLinx? Its pretty much an installer for Windows games with a preset Wine setup. So it will install your Windows game with the best working version of Wine for that program and the extras it needs.

Just installed it now, thanks. I remember trying it ages ago but at that time I already had a Crossover license so I didn't stick with it. This new version I just installed, after a few years, looks good - I'll have to kick the tires and see how good..

Works good for me. I remember when it first came out... wasn't good but glad to see it's improved.

5. Re: Steam Linux Plans Jul 16, 2012, 23:36 Kitkoan

Have you tried using PlayOnLinx? Its pretty much an installer for Windows games with a preset Wine setup. So it will install your Windows game with the best working version of Wine for that program and the extras it needs.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jul 16, 2012, 22:56 Kitkoan

The whole needing Games for Windows Live kinda kills that for me  

3. Re: Steam Linux Plans Jul 16, 2012, 21:49 Kitkoan

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 21:20:
Don't games have a HELL of a time working under Linux? Would they then make sure all their games worked? Seems pretty difficult to muster doesn't it? Or what? Have L4D2 work and that is it? pfft. Not worth the effort....
]

Not really, its just a different OS more then anything.

And they don't even make sure all their games work on Windows. Some of their older games don't work on modern machines running Windows 7. This is one of the reasons they are aiming for Ubuntu 12.04. This is their base point, just like how all their games used the most commonly used Windows at the time of their release. This doesn't mean it won't work on other versions of the same family of OS, but that it wasn't tested for those other versions.

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter
14. Re: Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter Jul 13, 2012, 12:43 Kitkoan

Tumbler wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 12:40:
People keep pointing this out like it's an obvious problem...when it's not. Game development is funded by someone. If users want to step up and be that someone and the company continues to deliver then I see it as a positive.

I feel it is a problem. Kickstarter is (to my knowledge) supposed to help finance those who have tried and couldn't get financed, a last choice option. Now bigger players are seeing it a a first choice because they don't have to pay back loans so they can maximize profits. Kinda like taking from the poor to help the rich

669 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo