Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kitkoan

Real Name Kitkoan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kitkoan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2010, 04:28
Total Comments 685 (Apprentice)
User ID 56087

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 13, 2012, 22:07 Kitkoan

Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 18:36:
How the fuck do patent something as esoteric as a look or feel? This may possible fall under copyright or trademark law but it sure as shit isn't patentable. I hope Digital River appeals this. They only lost because it's the same old east Texas bullshit.

I have a feeling Apples lawsuit against Samsung helped this. The heart of the case was "look and feel"

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed?
30. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:43 Kitkoan

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:41:
Going to get over 100 hours out of the game. Your argument is null and void if you don't have the game. I paid 36 for the main game, got a very large free update, and paid 22 for the DLC. That is less than you paid for most of YOUR games that you will get HALF the time I put into this.

Nickel and dime? Not this title.

I'm so glad you know me so well... And yes, Day 1 season DLC pass is nickel and dime.

BTW, my last game I bought was $80, so much for that theory huh?

29. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:42 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:37:
And I'm holding a conversation with you and my GF so I'm not focusing my full attention on this.

I don't really care. You can dance around it all you want, but the reality is I still got a deal. I got both items for cheaper than their suggested price, which is why I purchased them. I'm sorry if that upsets you or makes you think the downfall of gaming is at hand. It's not.

You got a deal that helped promote the nickle and diming of gamers. I'm sorry if it doesn't bother you that you help promote these things and can't see very far ahead. Its your choice.

You can also try to dance around it by twisting my words (discount = OMG $5 year round fire sale, answer back must = cry), and try to rationalize it any way (you got it for a little less, but they still get a profit and saw that your willing to purchase nickle and dime DLC), its your choice in the end and voting with your wallet is what helps make these decisions for future games.

26. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:30 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:27:
You paid full price for the DLC

Nope, I paid $22.50.

Your now trying to twist my words to make a basic pre-sale discount look identical to a fire sale price but it isn't working.

No, I'm pointing out how goofy you comment of "a sale is a sale" is.

Still not a fire sale, still not "$5 all year round".

And I'm holding a conversation with you and my GF so I'm not focusing my full attention on this. Let me re-phrase it for you: Your now trying to twist my words to make a basic pre-order discount look identical to a fire sale price but it isn't working.

And a sale that makes a profit, ie not a fire sale price, is still a sale even if at smaller profit. So on the books its seen as a legitimate sale and not a loss (which is what your trying to make it seem like).

24. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:24 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:19:
But! But! It doesn't matter how much I pay!

Your words.

No, thats your twisting of my words. There is a difference.

You paid a price for the product, not a fire sale price either, and not on the DLC. You paid full price for the DLC, and a sale on the full product, not a $5 price, a price that still made a profit and a good one.

Your now trying to twist my words to make a basic pre-sale discount look identical to a fire sale price but it isn't working. And not only are you trying to do this but your trying to extended it to the price of the DLC, a completely different product then what was on sale (and the product in question).

I said it doesn't matter what you paid since a sale is viewed in this case as a sale. A fire sale price is a whole different subject

22. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 22:12 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 22:09:
It doesn't matter how much you paid

Really? They why aren't all games $5 on steam year round?

But don't let the facts of your own post get in the way or anything...

All I see is you crying...

Nice... not only do you attempt to derail the subject and alter facts away from what I mention, but you've lowered yourself to sad troll levels with the insults. And to think I thought you could be mature... My fault.

20. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 21:41 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 08:51:
I bought the season pass because I got it for $22.50, and the game for $37.50. That would equal the regular price of the game.

I didn't flip flop, I got a deal. Which is the exact same thing people do when they wait for steam sales and pick things up (including DLC).

But don't let the facts get in the way or anything...

No, you got the game for $37.50. You said it right where I put it in bold. You then paid more for DLC. And that's what the makers and every other publisher will see on the fact sheets about you.

"This customer bought 1 copy of BL2. They then also bought the DLC pass."

It doesn't matter how much you paid, they saw you bought either Day 1 DLC or near enough that they will keep doing this. Yes, this is flip-flopping, no it wasn't a deal in the eyes of the publisher. This is a sale of DLC from opening sales so congraz, you supported being nickle and dimed.

But don't let the facts of your own post get in the way or anything...

News Comments > Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo
10. Re: Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo Oct 10, 2012, 21:33 Kitkoan

mag wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 18:15:
BobBob wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 17:00:
Steam > GOG

...in what conceivable way is Steam superior to GOG?

As much as I don't like DRM...

Bigger,better catalog
Easier updating process
(soon) Linux support

Just off the top of my head

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 9, 2012, 23:42 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 21:43:
deqer, I just tossed a copy of torchlight 2 in the middle of the freeway! Fetch!

He's right though. A lot of you complain about being nickel and dimed when companies like Capcom and EA do it. But when others like Borderlands 2 and Orcs Must Die 2 come out, you highly encourage it. In fact, you guys were declaring that the DLC for Orcs Must Die 2 was an instant buy for you guys and have even pre-ordered the DLC for Borderlands 2.

Its because of this flip-flop attitude is why these companies keep doing the whole nickel and dime thing because your complaints are hollow, you vote with your wallets and you vote "YES, NICKLE AND DIME ME" in big bold letters with these comments here being further proof.

News Comments > Valve Play Testing
7. Re: Valve Play Testing Oct 9, 2012, 23:32 Kitkoan

kibbled wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 22:21:
Minuit wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 21:18:
John wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 21:06:
I wanna play test HL3.
They've decided to go in a bit of a different direction with that. It's now a text adventure, and you start just west of a white house.

The magic word is XYZZY.

You've been eaten by a grue.

News Comments > WoW Toon Genocide Hotfixed
16. Re: Steam Bestsellers Oct 8, 2012, 19:24 Kitkoan

All I want to know is were they able to kill that damn kid who stole the doll in Stormwind?  

News Comments > Darkfall Online Closing When Unholy Wars Arrives
9. Re: Darkfall Online Closing When Unholy Wars Arrives Oct 6, 2012, 14:49 Kitkoan

Gnolt wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 13:09:
D.K. I'm fairly sure the market these guys are going for is old school Ultima Online and EVE players. Anyone who played WOW as there first MMO would be completely culture shocked

What if my first MMO was a MUD on a BBS in '88?

News Comments > DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod
15. Re: DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod Oct 3, 2012, 23:05 Kitkoan

SectorEffector wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 23:01:
Prez wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 22:18:
Remember when you could run your own server with whatever mods you wanted?

exactly!

Remember when BF 1942 had a full on map editor?! Oh the days when you used to want to buy games with the intent to mod.

You mean like games likes Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Torchlight 2? *hint hint, wink wink, buy these games, support them*

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Oct 1, 2012, 21:00 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 20:52:
Prez wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 20:36:
Let it be known to all who claim I buy everything on Steam that I will not be buying 'Snuggle Truck'.

It's actually a fun game!

Fun fact: It was originally called "Smuggle Truck" and you job was to smuggle people into America. But once people got wind of it, there was an outcry, and the game was quickly modified.

Fun fact: People in general had no outcry about it. In fact, it was more of a hohum then anything. It was Apple that freaked out. It started as an iOS game with a political message (you can click a button for "legal immigration" and it shows a ticker for next person in 18 years, X months, etc...)

You can get the original version for Android here

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2012, 18:50 Kitkoan

Bet wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 16:26:
Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 14:23:
NegaDeath wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 12:57:
Does my flip phone count as a super phone?

I only charge it once every 1.5 weeks, that's pretty super.

If I used my Android continuously, I'd have to charge it once every 1.5 hours.

Creston
One day you'll have an internal battery that conductively recharges your devices as long as they're near your body.

Why not just let your body charge it a la Matrix/Synners? (Synners is the first book that I know of that suggested doing this for electronics)

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2012, 19:40 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 17:57:
Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 17:35:
Julio wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 16:54:
Was that article paid for by Apple? Eliminating price fixing is a good thing for competition. I hope the government makes Apple wear a ballgag when they fine them.

Ebooks without price fixing allow authors to make more money than they used to, rewarding the creator of the work, not the middlemen.

That's what I thought too. It's astounding - every article I read lately is so embarrassingly slanted to "pro-Apple" it's enough to make me wonder if there's anyone objective out there in journo-land anymore or if everyone is an Apple shill.

I sometimes wonder if Blue intentionally throws in a wacky link here and there, just to see who's reading...

Or maybe he's baiting to see who has the most fun comments.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Sep 5, 2012, 22:41 Kitkoan

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 22:35:
Wow, the Codemasters CEO got a 0% rating. Ouch. They do tend to ship pretty awesome games, IMO.

Odd that Epic Games wasn't in the article.

Neither was ArenaNet, makers of the Guild Wars series. (NC Soft is just the publisher, not the maker).

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 5, 2012, 21:57 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 21:47:
It never ceases to amaze me why people continue to work in gaming with how shabbily they're treated.

That used to be my reaction to why employees who were very obviously disgruntled and unhappy with their current employer in all types of business. Then I came to realize that often these disgruntled workers have worked other places that treated them just as badly. By changing jobs they just switched out one set of assholes for a fresh batch. In short, that disgruntled guy or gal at work who always complains about the job but never quits has probably decided that as much as it sucks working where they are switching jobs is just an exercise in futility.

I think that when you work for enough crappy employers you begin to think that all jobs are the same - that they all treat their employees like shit, and thus decide to just suck it up and stay where you are. The real shame is that more and more, these people seem to be right - the list of employers that genuinely try to do right by their workers seems to get shorter every year.

Its because it costs money to make an employee happy, and businesses keep trying to find more ways to save money. I see it in my job and others, its not what you know its who's ass you kiss and how many others you can keep down that threaten your raising through the ranks.

I've worked for good bosses and horrible bosses. Companies with good bosses are small businesses that can have future issues with growth and possible existence, asshole businesses are the ones who succeed because they promote cut-throat people who have no morals and they use it to their advantages against their employees cost-benefit ratio and how to go against competition.

News Comments > More on Valve's Hardware Plans
31. Re: More on Valve's Hardware Plans Sep 4, 2012, 21:15 Kitkoan

Stormsinger wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 20:49:
You think security and stability is hard now? Just wait until a bug can crash your brain. You only get one...they're kind of hard to replace.

Who knows? I've met enough people who don't use theirs so it might be possible to get a used-but-never-worked brain cheaply

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2012, 17:47 Kitkoan

PHJF wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 16:56:
CoD sells because of online play, you dolt. Everybody online is on equal footing.

Because it was made with easy mode. I pointed that out.

Regenerating health, assisted auto-aim, death is more of a bonus to refill on ammo instead of a penalty

These are all on the multiplayer mode. And CoD wasn't the first game to have multiplayer FPS action, many did before it. It was the first to have it all built on easy mode extras though and thats what helped sell it.

685 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo