Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kitkoan

Real Name Kitkoan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kitkoan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2010, 04:28
Total Comments 685 (Apprentice)
User ID 56087

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 08:33 Kitkoan

SectorEffector wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 06:19:
Well facts are facts looks up android audio latency problems for DAW software and then compare specs. It's lighter with a bigger screen and will support faster audio latency for DAW's. I'm pissed my nexus 7's Tegra underperforms along with bad latency. I would kill for nanostudio on android.

You guys should really see how over zealous you react. Who
Cares I'd you guys don't like apple, just ignore the posts instead of trolling. I'm simply just stating that it factually weighs less and has a reasonable price point considering apples butt tax.

Look I'm not buying a mini but i would like to see your nexus rom that runs NOVA or any other intensive title smoothly. Instead of generic "hardcore pc gamer apple hate rhetoric".

I like OSx, Linux and windows. Nothing is the best, by some handle things better than others and in this case the android platform doesn't give a fuck about music production and or handling the audio latency issue.

I know you guys don't care but its also cus my problems aren't your problems, so you naturally won't care

More its the fact I was right. You aren't running stock and so your having problems. This is what I said, your making up problems or have a bad ROM.

Once you said you had overclocked it I knew something was wrong. Many of these devices don't like being overclocked and have problems when you do. You also said that the iPad is faster, your literally the first person/review that has said this since all the spec's say the exact opposite.

You also say there are zero music apps on Android.

My Piano
DJ Studio 3
DJ Control

But please insist that there are none and that by putting on a possible unstable mod that you refuse to show (you even got called on that part) that the stock ROM is bad, and that we are trolling you...

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 25, 2012, 23:48 Kitkoan

SectorEffector wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 23:34:

(bring on the flames)

You'll be flamed for trolling. Part of the thing is either your out right making thing up... or you have a really bad ROM. You should restore it back to the factory ROM and try again

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2012, 23:53.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 25, 2012, 22:57 Kitkoan

Removed to prevent offending to Muslim gamers?

Your censoring/removing all existence/mentioning of a religion, I feel this is the most offensive part.

"You acknowledge a religion" "Oh sorry, we will remove all existence of it so people won't ever see that it exists, that will help the religions followers feel like that aren't being offended"

News Comments > Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games
4. Re: Revised Windows Store Policy Allows PEGI-18 Games Oct 25, 2012, 22:53 Kitkoan

deqer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 21:49:
A reminder that can Microsoft revise it's policy whenever, and to whatever, whether you agree or disagree.

"Sorry, that's our policy." Yaaaa, I love that line. /sarcasm

Better then Apple polices that change on the drop of a hat.

"Your app is approved." fix a bug but change nothing of the real game "Your app is denied for violating our polices"

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 25, 2012, 22:51 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 21:11:
Apple did the same exact thing by railing about the Google Nexus. Where are the "Apple is Freaked Out By the Google Nexus" articles?

Many news sites are heavily pro-apple because they find it gets them more clicks which in turn gets them more money.

These sites love to claim that the iPhone is king and yet its market share has peaked a while ago and from what I've seen has been slowly dropping with the articles that do mention how many people are using iPhones.

Same goes with the iPad. "Apple sold 54% of the tablet market showing customers love the iPad." Not really since the lions share are sold at a discount to places like schools (that give them to the students or colleges to their students as part of their course, jno opting out of the iPad or getting an Android tablet instead). These things really skew the numbers because it shows iPads selling but these weren't sold to people who had a choice and in turn didn't vote with their wallets. So while 54% were iPads and over 40% were Android tablets, the lions share of the Android tablets were bought by those who had a choice and show that, yes, people prefer Android tablets because they had the choice to vote with their wallet and choose Android over iPads.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
25. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 25, 2012, 01:10 Kitkoan

Fantaz wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 00:31:
I don't have any tablet, but I'm thinking of checking out the iPad 4 to maybe get as a portable gaming handheld. Specs seem to be pretty powerful now with A6X. So is it a good platform for gaming?

Bit heavy for extended usage for gaming. You'd be better off with a smaller/lighter tablet like the Nexus 7, or if you must have an iOS a iPad Mini.

Remember, its light in the beginning but give it some time, like 10+ minutes and you'll start to see that it's heavier then you first thought.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Linux Indications
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Linux Indications Oct 25, 2012, 01:08 Kitkoan

SectorEffector wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 00:03:

+3 Linux gamers on Blues confirmed (as if these things mattered, gamer is a gamer )

Quite a few of us here on Blues News are Linux users that only use Windows for gaming and are looking forward to Steam on Linux

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
19. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 24, 2012, 20:18 Kitkoan

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 19:22:
Dev wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 18:24:
Apple fans are never irked at new stuff. Many/most of them rush to buy the next gen even if they bought theirs a couple months ago. Which is why apple releases new gens so fast after all. They make piles of money doing it.
That same thing can be said about Android fans also. How often does a new Android tablet come out like every 3-4 months or less?

Nexus models are one year apart, and don't have Apples history of one refresh every year for thirty years. When you have this long of a history of one year refreshes (maybe pushed a month or three back) is one thing, suddenly six-seven months later is a different. I know my friend would have just waited for this iPad instead of getting his three months ago.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Linux Indications
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Linux Indications Oct 24, 2012, 20:14 Kitkoan

kunic wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 19:04:
As I just switched over to Linux, this makes me very happy. Though personally I'd prefer getting Dota 2 before TF2 in Linux (as TF2 works flawlessly in Wine, where as Dota 2 has a few issues).

Still, a native build is still prefered to me

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 24, 2012, 18:53 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 17:54:
I'm a debit card man. Never carry a single bill with me anymore, and I don't use a credit card except when renting a car.

If I remember right, there are laws that protect you if you lose your credit card and its stolen (I think legally you are only accountable for the first $50, the rest is your credit card companies problem). The issue is, these laws are for credit cards, they don't effect debit cards so if it gets stolen and your account is drained, that's your problem.

11. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 23, 2012, 23:03 Kitkoan

Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 08:44:
Final Fantasy 3 was awful, on phones or consoles. I've tried to do some Android gaming but even after playing Nova, I find myself just wanting an actual screen with proper input controls. If I had no other way to game then I'm sure the phone might be an adequate platform but since I do there really is no point unless I have no other choice sitting on a train or etc.

Touch screen controls to me is like the Wiimote. In some games I feel it is really amazing (Symphony of Eternity comes to mind). Others... well... Sonic 4 Episode I... yeah...

Its all in which game and how well thought out the controls were

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 23, 2012, 04:26 Kitkoan

SectorEffector wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 04:14:
GTA3
Horn
Asphalt 7: Heat
The Bards Tale
The Dark Knight Rises
Dead Space
Final Fantasy 3
Deathdome
Wild Blood

Seriously?

Seriously?? no NOVA, MAX PAYNE, or Dead Trigger or the new Rayman ( actually really fun if you enjoyed origins ) ...??

Nexus 7 rooted running elite kernel at 1800 mhz with 600 mhz GPU playing NOVA with gyroscope controls for precision aiming....
Easily an enjoyable FPS that no hardcore player can convince me that touch controls ABSOLUTELY can't work.
Cus that shits fun and so is GTA and Dead Trigger.

Although Dead Trigger desperately needs Gyro aiming.

Gyro has really made FPS realistic on touch platforms.

It was a quick list. Given some time I could have made a real good list.

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 22, 2012, 23:07 Kitkoan

JeffD wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 20:54:
Still waiting for software to catch up with android hardware. Weve had quad core phones on the market for how long now and nothing utilizes it? I have an evo 3d from over a year ago..I get a high resolution screen and can take pictures in 3d. There are no new games out...

oh I'm sorry you wanted me to complete that? I just got sidetracked thinking about the fact that as a serious gamer, I have downloaded more new games (6 in the past several months) for my third gen ipod touch then on my android phone (1). Seriously though I am still looking for that one GOOD game that actually takes advantage of my hardware (not talking about the 3d, just any game that has great looking graphics utilizing fast CPU/GPU phones).

Everyone in the pc world will tell you all the flashy hardware systems are used for games by gamers. It seems the android market has been successful in delusioning the market into buying new and flashier hardware without any games or software to demonstrate it.

GTA3
Horn
Asphalt 7: Heat
The Bards Tale
The Dark Knight Rises
Dead Space
Final Fantasy 3
Deathdome
Wild Blood

Seriously?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 20, 2012, 05:03 Kitkoan

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 13:05:
I'd expect a "loan" from Intel via some cross-license deal to keep them afloat. It's cheaper to do that than fight yet another anti-trust suit simply because you're the only large player left on the field.

Not unless not only is AMD dying, but so is Qualcomm, NVidia, Texas Instruments, Samsung, CSR plc, ST-Ericsson, etc... (makers of ARM chips found in many newest devices) are all going out of business with them. x86 chips aren't the only chips on the market anymore. And Windows is designed to run on them now, as is Linux, OSX has been showing signs of this, Android, iOS, Blackberry. So its not the same playing field it was 10 years ago

News Comments > Quoteworthy
18. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 20, 2012, 00:39 Kitkoan

EA in a Nutshell  

News Comments > Quest for Glory Creators' New Kickstarter
8. Re: Quest for Glory Creators' New Kickstarter Oct 20, 2012, 00:34 Kitkoan

Tumbler wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 19:57:
I'm confused, is the 2d overhead ugly looking game is that what we should expect? what are the Kings quest looking Screenshots about?

This, completely this.

Is this what in game is supposed to look like? I'm expecting more like this to be my background and indication of art style.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2012, 22:45 Kitkoan

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 22:20:
#2. The fuck Holland? The fuck?!

Its called the "USA approach to law". Where the law in one country is to be forcibly applied to every other nation.

For further reading, search things like Kim Dotcom.

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 18, 2012, 22:41 Kitkoan

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 22:10:
That sounded good until I read..."The new Chromebook features 16GB of storage, 2GB of RAM".

Its a tablet with a keyboard. Remember, this isn't running a desktop OS.

News Comments > Indie Royale Fall Bundle
9. Re: Indie Royale Fall Bundle Oct 17, 2012, 00:36 Kitkoan

Jerykk wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 23:11:
Including the Blackwell Deception is kind of weird, since it's the last of a four-game series.

Not really strange. They had the first three available in their Xmas Bundle, this is to help finish the set for those whom have been buying them.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition
8. Re: It's console Doom 3! Oct 17, 2012, 00:17 Kitkoan

Sweet, I loved Doom 3, this going to buy this...

hb3d wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 23:11:
This new version doesn't even support mods or existing third-party maps because Bethesda/id changed the archive file format for the game. There is no command console either.

And nevermind buying it. If I can't mod it or anything, kinda kills a lot of it for me

685 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo