Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kitkoan

Real Name Kitkoan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kitkoan
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 22, 2010, 04:28
Total Comments 671 (Apprentice)
User ID 56087

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 28, 2013, 17:30 Kitkoan

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 17:22:
ahh Islam,the religion of peace, tolerance and basic human rights.

Read them all, and you'll find they all are. It's not limited to one.

Now please let's drop this before it turns into a flame war.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2013, 16:41 Kitkoan

I love my single serve machine, so I seem a little out of the normal here... Granted I use a reusable metal cup, so I don't have all that extra waste (and a lot cheaper. Those cups at their cheapest I can find are. $0.50 each cup, not worth it since they don't taste as good from those plastic tubs)
The French press gives a better taste but in the morning, it's not as fast since I'm not a morning person.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 19, 2013, 22:13 Kitkoan

ViRGE wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 20:25:
Julio wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 09:59:
Vita definitely needs more decent games. Technically I'd love one, but there's really not much point with nothing to play.
Kitkoan wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 17:16:
The ps vita is still going to be a hard sell at that price. For just $30 more, you could buy the new Nexus 7 with 16 gigs, and has a lot more games for a lot less (and this doesn't consider emulators, including that new DS emulator that works pretty much perfectly). And the Nexus 7 does a hell of a lot more too.
The N7 definitely does more. But are we seriously going to argue that the Android game catalog is anything but trash? The entire Android gaming environment is based on crappy little games that can be played on a touchscreen in 2 minutes, the whole time trying to nickle & dime the user. You simply don't see games comparable to traditional full price titles on Android; the prevailing consumer environment is all wrong for it.

Since you missed it the first time, I'll make sure to repeat it. In bold so you might see it now.

EMULATORS ON THE N7. Everyone I know always takes full interest in my phone and tablet when they find out they can play things from Mario Cart on the Snes to the newest Pokemon Black/White 2. And many are aware of these and more keep learning. Suddenly, it's not just crappy little games, but an entire library of loved games people played and want to play again.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Mozilla Aug 19, 2013, 22:07 Kitkoan

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 20:47:
Kitkoan wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 17:09:
So... You want a browser that grinds your system to a halt by spending all its time and power on encrypting and decrypting everything and anything?

What bullshit is this? Even at 512/4096 encryption, only half of a core is busy doing encryption and decryption. Maybe upgrading from a single core Celeron or Pentium D is something you should consider.

Yes, but he's asking for many things to be encrypted and decrypted at the same time. One job is easy on your system, but many takes their toll on the system. Encoding cut and paste, ram, comments on a message board, checking for keys, encrypting and decrypting on the fly with multiple different ones, checking for keys, hiding your browsers id. That's not a light load anymore.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 17:25 Kitkoan

Verno wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 14:45:
Microsoft DMCAing OpenOffice is just ridiculous, how could they think that one would fly?

Most likely because it was a spider program like that MPAA/RIAA uses to find and send take down notices. It's technically a digital drag net that no one monitors or cares to monitor since with the dmca your guilty until proven innocent. It most likely just locked onto the keywords of "office 2010" and just demanded it be taken down. And since the dmca makes sure it's OK to send as many false notices as you want, it's the small fish that suffer and the big ones will continue to abuse the hell out of the dmca. Because they can.

This kind of things have been happening for years and years. The major companies don't want it to stop either because it makes their lives easier since they can't be punished and it leaves the people they threaten to spend the time, money and effort to produce facts, and not themselves to show a crime has happened.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 19, 2013, 17:16 Kitkoan

The ps vita is still going to be a hard sell at that price. For just $30 more, you could buy the new Nexus 7 with 16 gigs, and has a lot more games for a lot less (and this doesn't consider emulators, including that new DS emulator that works pretty much perfectly). And the Nexus 7 does a hell of a lot more too.  

12. Re: Mozilla Aug 19, 2013, 17:09 Kitkoan

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 11:03:
I want a browser not made by anything with physical ties to the US. That supports encryption natively, has proper PGP key management. Supports encryption of text entered in text boxes and decryption of encrypted text assuming keys are present, fakes browser footprint to look in ways that don't make you trackable. And protects the copy/paste memory properly. (Unlike Chrome and Firefox).

So... You want a browser that grinds your system to a halt by spending all its time and power on encrypting and decrypting everything and anything?

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2013, 23:41 Kitkoan

Panickd wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 23:34:
Kitkoan wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 23:18:
While death threats aren't needed

None of what you just mentioned, and I mean zero percent of it, warrants death threats against anyone let alone threats to rape and kill their wives or kill their children as they walk home from school. Trying to defend it by saying, "Yeah but they made a game in a fashion I didn't like so vitriolic hate should be expected" is asinine bullshit. There are constructive ways to express your displeasure. If you wouldn't stand face to face with someone and say it, it probably doesn't need to be said. Online or anywhere else.

Sure, if you ignored those first five words, then your post would mean something, anything... But since you did ignore the first five words, your post is meaningless.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2013, 23:18 Kitkoan

While death threats aren't needed, this article obviously avoided one glaring fact...

Sometimes these people are asking for shit.

They keep mentioning Phil Fish, like he was some saint that never caused a single problem. Problem is, Phil is an asshole that no one was ever really surprised had so many problems come to him as he was the cause of them. No surprise he got problems.

Another issue they address was about SimCity getting lots of hate for its launch. Again, your surprised? You forced always online DRM down everyones throat and tried to claim it was for their best interest, it would help enhance the game, blah blah blah... and what happened? People shelled money out for something that didn't work because they didn't expect as many people to use it (even though many were pre-orders so they should have had a starting idea as to the amount and how many servers would be needed.)

Then there are others they don't mention. The makers of Rage should have known they were asking for problems when they publicly declared "Mac users donít buy video games. They buy Angry Birds" Yeah, insult a bunch of people with comments like that, thats not asking for problems, not one bit.

Another incident is when Dead Trigger went free to play on Android, they declared its because Android has too much piracy so they had to go free to play. Pretty much an insult to Android users. They didn't declare this exact same issue when they quickly made the iOS version free to play as well.

While not every developer deserves crap, many do because they cause BS but then don't want to have to deal with the results of their actions.

News Comments > Strife Announced
33. Re: Strife Announced Aug 9, 2013, 19:42 Kitkoan

Orogogus wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 16:59:
Kitkoan wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 15:42:
flechett3 wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 09:56:
There was STRIFE and there was another game that was much more of an RPG that was set in a fantasy setting. I don't think the fantasy RPG one used the doom engine (or anything based off of it) but it WAS a 2.5d doom-like engine. Wish I could remember the name of it. Had to be before '98 the last time I saw or played the game.

They all ran on the Doom engine, even Strife. Strife was the last game made on the Doom engine but was released after Quake came out so it looked really dated by the time it was released which really hurt it.

Strife was really ahead of its time too. A real story, killing everything was a Bad thing, multiple endings, could buy supplies. Nothing remotely like it before then.

System Shock, Ultima Underworld I & II, Pathways into Darkness, Terminator: Future Shock and Marathon I & II were all pre-Strife and more advanced in many ways. None of them had multiple endings, though.

Most of those aren't FPS games, and the ones that are still followed along the lines of "everything must die".

30. Re: Strife Announced Aug 9, 2013, 15:42 Kitkoan

flechett3 wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 09:56:
There was STRIFE and there was another game that was much more of an RPG that was set in a fantasy setting. I don't think the fantasy RPG one used the doom engine (or anything based off of it) but it WAS a 2.5d doom-like engine. Wish I could remember the name of it. Had to be before '98 the last time I saw or played the game.

They all ran on the Doom engine, even Strife. Strife was the last game made on the Doom engine but was released after Quake came out so it looked really dated by the time it was released which really hurt it.

Strife was really ahead of its time too. A real story, killing everything was a Bad thing, multiple endings, could buy supplies. Nothing remotely like it before then.

17. Re: Strife Announced Aug 9, 2013, 09:24 Kitkoan

El Pit wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 03:57:
After WW2 FPS and zombie centered games, there is MOBAs.

What next? Call of Duty MOBA? Half-Life 3: The MOBA?

At least give me a single player MOBA to find out what that MOBA craziness is all about.

Pretty much pick up any MOBA then, they all have offline/bot matches. Its like deathmatch FPS games, you can play the bots but its the online that has the challenge.

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 8, 2013, 21:36 Kitkoan

Not everyone is posting in the same thread, why I mentioned that it was one of many.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4900606?start=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4804054?start=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4569807?start=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4103220?start=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5136321?start=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4609736?start=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4441333?start=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4103220?start=0&tstart=0

Its been a huge problem, with way too many effected units to just call it a rare lemon.

A quick search on Google shows its not a rare incident, but a common issue for something that has been out for less then a year.
https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=mbpr+dead+pixel

6. Re: Strife Announced Aug 8, 2013, 21:05 Kitkoan

Beamer wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 20:07:
Aero wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 20:06:
Wasn't their an FPS in development way back when (mid nineties) that was going to be called "Strife?" Not that this has anything to do with anything here, but the name triggered that memory and I can't place it.

Doom engine based. It was released. It may or may not have had RPG elements. No one bought it.

My physical cd copy says otherwise.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2013, 12:44 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 11:45:
now that I am a mature adult

Mature... right... Rolleyes

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 8, 2013, 11:53 Kitkoan

SectorEffector wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 04:58:
aka

Your roomate has a lemon.

A lemon is when it happens to one person, when many people are having the exact same problem (like that link, being one of many) shows its not a lemon, its a common issue.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2013, 12:50.

News Comments > Dead Island Epidemic Announced
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 23:49 Kitkoan

KataSteel wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 22:34:
Huh?
There are barely any zombie games for pc.

Your joking right?

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Dead Island: Riptide
State of Decay
Survivor FPS
The Walking Dead (video game)
DayZ
Infestation: Survivor Stories
Atom Zombie Smasher
All Zombies Must Die!
Dead Block
Dead Island
Trapped Dead
Alien Zombie Megadeath
Containment: The Zombie Puzzler
Dead Horde
Nation Red
Organ Trail
Plants Vs Zombies

And this is just the last 2 years.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 7, 2013, 21:23 Kitkoan

DangerDog wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 20:17:
Apple displays failing because they don't use Samsung anymore? I think they also took them off the procurement list for batteries as well.

A couple people in the link I showed say they have Samsung displays and they are also having the dead pixel issue as well. Ghosting seemed to be limited to the LG ones but the dead pixels is found in all.

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 7, 2013, 16:25 Kitkoan

My room mate has one of those new rmbp.... Biggest piece of trash ever. If they don't have ghosting issues with their screens then it's pixels dying. Six months and third one later... (here's one of many threads about the dead pixel issue that most media didn't want to acknowledge https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4224029?start=0&tstart=0 great they will replace it... For how long and if your not near an apple store the means every few months your laptop is gone for 2 or 3 weeks.

Wow, just a troll article in a lot of places. A big part of their score comes from their "reviews". Like those are never biased...
Display, again ghosting is horrible on a majority of the rmbp, the airs are running cheap tft panels (but this will tell you they are amazing none the less...)
Thunderbolt was considered an innovation? It's considered a flop by most everyone else, and was pretty much dropped by most everyone for the fact it's been a flop. Again, the retina screen isn't innovation if it's got such issues as ghosting and dead pixels again. It's more beta than anything.
Software being OSX, that's a hard argument since not everyone likes using osx even, one of the reasons of boot camp.

Some of the "scoring" has no reason being scored like the reviews part since someone's first impression means zero about the reality of a laptop, and others ignored facts that should be taken into consideration. Yet such is normal with sites like these nowadays.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2013, 16:40.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 6, 2013, 11:07 Kitkoan

avianflu wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 10:42:
Yup, price matters for most folks.

Otoh, Apple-centric will continue to buy ipads to keep everything synced with minimal effort. Cant blame them for that.

While you can't blame people for that part, mass media will still lie to the public about apple and keep declaring that is what made everything first, and oh so innovative, etc...

671 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo