Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linthat22

Real Name Linthat22   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 11, 2010, 00:41
Total Comments 70 (Suspect)
User ID 56073

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher III Patch Notes
9. Re: The Witcher III Patch Notes Aug 1, 2015, 06:14 Linthat22

No one has went with Johan or Frank?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Toy Soldiers: War Chest Next Month
6. Re: Toy Soldiers: War Chest Next Month Jul 30, 2015, 03:30 Linthat22

Quboid wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:39:
Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:30:
Linthat22 wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 20:54:
Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 19:57:
And we all fall down, like toy soldiers....

Step by step, heart to heart..... Something something something...

Lol, nice one. Didn't think anyone would recognize that.

Eminem sampled it (lifted the whole chorus I think) so it's mainstream now.

Didn't know that, I just remember it from the 80's when Martika did it.

News Comments > Toy Soldiers: War Chest Next Month
2. Re: Toy Soldiers: War Chest Next Month Jul 29, 2015, 20:54 Linthat22

Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 19:57:
And we all fall down, like toy soldiers....

Step by step, heart to heart..... Something something something...

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 28, 2015, 21:54 Linthat22

Anyone else find the attorney general's fee the most egregious? So the attorney general did his job, big deal!  

News Comments > Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions
4. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 28, 2015, 21:33 Linthat22

DangerDog wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 20:14:
It's not like this game would ever take advantage of anything DX12 brings to the table.

Buuu, buuu, buuut videos man!!! What was late 90's tech is the new DirectX!!!!

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
35. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 28, 2015, 01:50 Linthat22

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 20:32:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 20:07:
But whoever the fuck is playing these games for the gameplay is doing it wrong anyway. You play these games for Geralt, Triss, Dandelion, Zoltan and all other memorable characters like Letho, the Sorceresses or Iorveth and Roche, the (fuckable) chicks, the quests, the story, the choices, the consequences, the exploration and all that good shit.
You just have to learn to ignore the bad shit like the combat, the boss fights, that asshole of a horse, the floaty movement, poor controls etc.

This is why I think these games are great, years from now when people ask me which RPG games I liked the best. I'll say MASS EFFECT, WITCHER SERIES.

Why? Well not because they had amazing combat systems or bug-less well polished perfectly balanced games.

It'll be because they told wicked stories.

While I agree, the combat shouldn't make the game a chore and pull you out of the game. For me Witcher 1's combat was designed for PC and from there they consolized it. I hated having buy an Xbox controller to play Witcher 2 in order for the game to be playable.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
6. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 27, 2015, 18:24 Linthat22

ItBurn wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 18:12:
I absolutely hate the combat in Witcher 3. I turned difficulty at the easiest setting last night. It's the first time I ever do this in a game. I can't stand it anymore, I just want to finish the game.

Because I lowered the difficulty, loot doesn't mean anything anymore, so not too interested in new game+...

Also, even with the new movement settings, moving around really sucks. I keep falling off cliffs and having a really hard time going where I want to go and not clipping on geometry. Don't get me started about Roach...

You bring up some good points as to why I haven't finished part 2, let alone buy part 3. Most people hated the combat mechanics of the first Witcher, but I loved it. Between swinging a sword and casting magic, it was an easy system (for me). But when the second game came out, it was clearly meant to be used with a controller. It was a bitch playing with a mouse and keyboard during ANY combat. Would you say part 3 is more of the same?

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 14, 2015, 12:15 Linthat22

Kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 11:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:42:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:40:
I sent CIG a very carefully crafted message containing plenty of video and written proof showing most (like 95%) of my $930 was made under false claims made by Chris himself. I can't imagine CIG denying such a claim; that would be completely unethical.

If serious, tell us how that works out for ya.

It's serious. I have all my snippets and notes organized in Evernote. This is how I was able to find the videos and whatnot. I also archived the videos just in case CIG goes to the authors and ask them to take them down. I have those videos so there's undeniable proof. I'm not going to hate on CIG anymore, I just want my money back.

You might've already answered this, but did you fund the project through Kickstarter or the Star Citizen site? I went through the latter route and I'm seriously tempted to request a refund.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 12, 2015, 18:56 Linthat22

I wonder what that Google Cardboard thing would look like with that high resolution display?  

News Comments > Ubisoft Sales Figure
5. Re: Ubisoft Sales Figure Jul 10, 2015, 14:41 Linthat22

So they're down in a down economy, what's new? And what's with the 'fiscal 2015-16' nonsense?  

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
3. Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Jul 8, 2015, 20:53 Linthat22

Saboth wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 19:49:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 19:22:
Wonder if we'll see Fury X improvements...

I'm still scratching my head at 4GB of vram on a $650 card, when games are hitting 4+ last year and this year already, and the card was touted as some kind of 4k monster.

Here's my take on the Fury X. It's new tech and AMD have been able to achieve near parity performance with Nvidia's top tier card while using less RAM. Would more RAM mean better performance? I don't know, but Nvidia; I'm sure; has taken notice.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
41. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 20:21 Linthat22

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 18:50:
Perhaps they should add zombies?

"Hey Joe, want to play a mother fuckin' ZOMBIE GAME?!?!?"

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Phantom Dust “not cancelled but not in active development,” says Microsoft Jun 23, 2015, 06:43 Linthat22

nin wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 18:20:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 17:45:
Maybe they're waiting on the Phantom to come out.

That's a flashback, and not a good one...

I don't think they're talking about the console lol

News Comments > CDPR: "Too Early" to Discuss Cyberpunk 2077
14. Re: CDPR: May 27, 2015, 12:12 Linthat22

I wonder if it'll be on the next gen consoles that we have now and if a high end PC will be needed to run it too!

Cause there's nothing like gimped graphics and a small fov lol

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Delayed
11. Re: Dead Island 2 Delayed May 1, 2015, 07:33 Linthat22

Hey Joe, wanna play a mother fuckin zombie game?!?!?!?  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
35. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 25, 2015, 01:34 Linthat22

The mouse drifts so much in Star Citizen and the keyboard is so slow. Must be the design of the physics for the ships. I just hope from what everyone is saying, a HOTAS won't be needed to enjoy the game.  

20. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 15:36 Linthat22

I just hope Star Citizen doesn't follow the footsteps of ED in needing a HOTAS.  

9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 11:33 Linthat22

Parias wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 11:01:
Linthat22 wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 10:40:
That's why I fear Star Citizen will suck. You never needed a HOTAS set up to play Wing Commander. I beat all the games with just a Keyboard.

Star Citizen already plays fine with a keyboard / mouse - if you read the forums, people have actually been bitching constantly about the ongoing balance struggle between KB&M and joystick users (namely because mouse users arguably have more precision). You don't need a HOTAS.

And you don't need a HOTAS for Elite: Dangerous either. It similarly plays fine with keyboard & mouse.

I guess it's just Star Citizen runs and handles like ass.

4. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 10:40 Linthat22

That's why I fear Star Citizen will suck. You never needed a HOTAS set up to play Wing Commander. I beat all the games with just a Keyboard.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
80. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 31, 2015, 08:17 Linthat22

Jonjonz wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 07:23:
Whales in space.

Thar she blows...

Pretty much. I hope they put in an "arcade" option to allow your ships to handle like how they did in Wing Commander.

70 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo