Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Eggheart

Real Name Eggheart   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Eggheart
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 26, 2010, 00:34
Total Comments 8 (Suspect)
User ID 56065

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Quote of the Day
14. Re: Quote of the Day Feb 8, 2011, 06:58 Eggheart

I was about to point out the flaws of your argument, but then you said case closed, so I guess I lost.

Anyway, he gets a lot of hate from gamers, but I like that he exists - the Bonus Round's without him are not as enjoyable for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Quote of the Day Feb 8, 2011, 06:45 Eggheart

Yeah, he's made some obvious stuff ups, that's all part of the prediction game - it's more fun to point out his wrong predictions than his right ones though. He has an audience for a reason; people like listening to him and discussing his opinion.

And I don't think that estimating a trend for the future in order to inform the stockholders is the same as having a vision about improving the industry.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2011, 06:55.

10. Re: Quote of the Day Feb 8, 2011, 05:18 Eggheart

Golwar wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 04:54:
You like his opinion that the multiplayer part of FPS should require subscribtions?
I have yet to see something remarkable that he said, a real and solid vision that improves anything in this industry. But he is an ace in trolling, I'll leave him that.

Yes, I like his opinion that multiplayer should require subscriptions. Not because I agree, but because I like to know what the financial people at Activision are probably thinking. He looks at the industry from a particular point of view that is alien to me (I think in terms of gameplay, fun and player satisfaction, like most gamers), and I find it interesting to see how the people who invest the money think. I'm not sure why you think it's his job to have a vision about how to improve the industry.

8. Re: Quote of the Day Feb 8, 2011, 02:14 Eggheart

Sepharo wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 21:53:
Pachter found.

edit: Aww, you're definetly not Pachter but nice cake computer.

Hah, thanks. Good fun making it for a competition that I didn't win, but who needs prizes when you've got cake.

re: Predictions - I was thinking the same thing about LA Noir (that it would be an unfinished buggy mess), but seeing that recent facial animation trailer gives me new hope. With enough money pumped into something you can correct all manner of potential disasters.

3. Re: Quote of the Day Feb 7, 2011, 21:48 Eggheart

This man gets so much hate... but I've always liked Pachter. I appreciate his views on the industry.  

News Comments > L4D2 Encore Mutation, Community Mutations Coming
2. Re: L4D2 Encore Mutation, Community Mutations Coming Dec 4, 2010, 08:43 Eggheart

Here's some off the top of my head:

1) Hundreds of explosive barrels, gas cans, propane tanks etc lying everywhere - easy to kill infected, easy to kill yourselves.

2) Invisible witches - you can still hear them but can't see them.

3) Infected players in Verses Mode become invisible when they don't move - they'd still make noise though.

4) Pitch black levels - only your flashlight reveals anything.

5) Director sends constant swarms of common infected (as if boomered), but you've got infinite ammo and no need to reload.

News Comments > OnLive Thanks Early Adopters
3. Re: OnLive Thanks Early Adopters Nov 25, 2010, 19:52 Eggheart

It's a nice idea - though I expect this will be the pioneering business that fails so that future versions can learn its lessons and succeed when the infrastructure is ready.  

News Comments > Minecraft Interview
2. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 25, 2010, 19:47 Eggheart

I respect how open he is in general - it's the sharing attitude that a lot of indie devs have that makes the scene special. He deserves the money he's made - I've had more fun with the alpha than some full priced AAA titles.

Also looks like it's getting a HD graphics update soon ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjhtjDnneLQ

8 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo