Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark Freid

Real Name Mark Freid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CDWarden
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 16, 2010, 19:28
Total Comments 13 (Suspect)
User ID 56052

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Adding Soviet Campaign & PBEM
3. Re: Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Adding Soviet Campaign & PBEM Jan 14, 2014, 15:29 CDWarden

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 09:42:
Dunno what they got over ksp.... Managing space programs without actually designing anything seems kinda boring......

This basically looks like a re-make of the old DOS game "Buzz aldrin's Race into Space." While the games have the same general premise, they're two completely different types of games.

Kerbal is a construction/physics playground in which you either play with stuff to have fun or try to build effective vehicles & tools in order to obtain themed goals.

BARIS (and by extension SPM it appears) is a turn based strategy game in which you balance training, budget, schedule and so forth in order to meet stepped objectives with the ultimate goal to get to the moon.

I've played both BARIS and KSP and they're both super fun but in completely different ways. If SPM is anything like BARIS (the screenshots look a LOT like it) it's going to be the same story.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
2. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 09:19 CDWarden

They can call me when the building space for an entire city isn't the size of a postage stamp.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 21, 2013, 11:56 CDWarden

Yeah, I had the same reaction. "Evil Genius Online? That sounds interest.... "a Facebook Game".... Well! time to go back to BluesNews and continue reading. Nothing to see here."

I'd like to congratulate all the people who have made Facebook games on their collected success in making the term "Facebook Game" basically "gamer repellent". Golf clap for you.

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Nov 7, 2013, 09:10 CDWarden

Oh, oh Microsoft. You're such a CHERUB. I mean it!
I mean... remember when you said you were totally supporting PC gaming and made GFWL? And you never just gave up on it or ignored that segment. Never! How could you, you sweet little candy corn.

And remember the Games explorer? Oh, Vista (and seven).. How you had the most robust and customizable game launcher in the entire world, and how you were supported and updated by Microsoft indefinitely!

And now, Microsoft one-ups themselves again by promising core first party games for the PC. OH BOY! I'm just COUNTING the days! 1...2...3... Oh, I'll just keep counting, you delicious company of caramel. I'll keep counting until the day I just keel over from sheer joy at your support of our little community. Microsoft, you're the best! (especially if your core first party games have GFWL and can be launched from the Games explorer! *swoon*)

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 7, 2013, 09:04 CDWarden

Yikes. That Planned Obsolescence article. I've not seen so much cherry picking of data (and making broad assumptions) since...

... well, the last internet opinion article I read, I suppose. Okay. nevermind.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
31. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 08:41 CDWarden

Lorcin wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 22:56:
So in order we had:
MOP: Kung fu panda inspired kid friendly shite

That's so cute.

But seriously, Really the main problem with MoP is that it caused people to burn out too quickly by introducing new grind. The other problem is that HOF sucks. Those are about the only real problems.

They REALLY gotta knock it out of the park this weekend in order to stabilize. I think at this point, they can't really "turn things around". Folks want the "next gen" MMO which no one has provided yet, but they're just worn out of WoW.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2013, 08:52.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
40. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 16, 2013, 08:54 CDWarden

entr0py wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 19:16:
Wow, I'll have to consider canceling my PS4 preorder now. It doesn't look like there will be anything worth while this year.

It's a prophecy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
34. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2013, 08:48 CDWarden

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 00:33:
UConnBBall wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 22:22:
BUT when have they earned this kind of trust? Everything from Stardock has been a mess for what 7 years!

In 7 years we got two great Galciv2 expansions and the entirety of the SOASE franchise. Good enough for me.

Edit: For anyone who has never played Galciv I encourage you to read these two gameplay diaries written by Tom Francis, the guy who also made the excellent Gunpoint. They give you a good insight to the game and are wonderfully hilarious to read.

If I had to guess, I'd say that he's referring to the general failure of Demigod and the whole Elemental debacle. Oh, and the whole Brad Wardell sexual harrassment / victim lawsuit data deletion thing. But they never released "Misogyny, Corporate espionage, mansplanation and Lawsuit Simulator 2000". It didn't test well.

To be fair, something folks need to keep in mind is that both Demigod and SOASE were only published by Stardock, not developed by them (I think. One was GpG and the other was Ironclad, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.) GalCiv 2 was the best 4x space game since MOO 2, and if it weren't for Wardell's douchebaggery keeping me from giving him my money I'd be all over GalCiv 3.

Overall, I'm just glad to see the genre evolving and regaining popularity.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 16, 2013, 08:34 CDWarden

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 06:08:
You would think since android is 80% of the market they would be developing Panzer Corps for that OS instead of IOS? Oh yeah, the developers have the in love with apple syndrome.

I used to wonder about this sort of thing myself.
Rather than assume some sort of unrequited "love" of an OS, I decided to ask the question of a mobile game developer: "Why do companies generally code for iOS over Android?" In a nutshell:

There are many reasons why iOS is preferred and comes out first. These reasons include (but are not limited to) the ease of distribution and the insane fragmentation of screen size and OS versions in Android devices. Between dev and QA, it can take some companies more than a year longer to make an Android version than iOS. This is assuming that they want to make it compatible with as many devices as possible. If they only wanted to make it compatible with the Galaxy S series, they could do it pretty quick, but that would cause nerdrage and loss of business.

That's pretty much it.

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
35. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 15:44 CDWarden

When did Ironclad split from Stardock? Everything I Google on Sins shows that even the most recent release (Rebellion) is a Stardock/Ironclad collaboration.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 16, 2010, 16:55 CDWarden

The 1 reason why smartphones won't kill most of these businesses (especially MP3 players, GPS, and Digital cameras):

1. A minimum of $70 a month and multi-year contracts.

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas Patched
34. Re: Fallout New Vegas Patched Nov 16, 2010, 16:33 CDWarden

"Beta test" or not, the game is fun, and if I'm having fun and someone else isn't... their loss.  

News Comments > Games For Windows Website
35. Re: Games For Windows Website Nov 16, 2010, 14:29 CDWarden

I have to say that I was rather taken aback at how similar the interface of http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/

is to... http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage

especially that bar at the top. eh? EH?

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo