Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grant P McKinney

Real Name Grant P McKinney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2010, 09:18
Total Comments 573 (Apprentice)
User ID 56047

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Trilogy Announced
6. Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Announced Sep 26, 2012, 21:51 Asmo

This would have been good (including DLC etc) if I didn't already own everything in bits and pieces.

I plan to play again once all the DLC is done and dusted (and cheap), probably next year.

Everything up to the last 15 minutes is great for me, and tbh the stills ending they finally added would have been a perfect wrap up to the series if the deus ex machina crucible bullshit wasn't so bloody annoying (I personally love the idea of the indoctrination ending).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
53. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 17:57 Asmo

coolkev99 wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 17:21:
Its popular to bash WoW these days, but its really not that bad. It just hasn't changed the formula much and now gone stale. Many of us have moved on. There are still those newer players and die-hards who still like it, but this game is slowly becoming irrelevant.

If people are enjoying the game, more power to them, but after the short period till burnout in cata, I don't really see any point in going back only to quit a month or two in.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Perspectives
7. Re: Steam Greenlight Perspectives Sep 24, 2012, 17:49 Asmo

I dunno, some of the stuff I've seen while browsing through has some interesting concepts, and quite a few of the games are touted as freeware. Ostensibly, I guess, to get the names of the devs out there in the market.

It doesn't cost anything but a bit of time to sieve through what's up there and if it turns out a few good games, I'm willing to pitch in... =)

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 20, 2012, 21:07 Asmo

Tip 1: "Please don't crash in to us"

That is all.

That article gave me a good lol..

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans
17. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 19:44 Asmo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 15:45:
I still have Mass Effect 1&2 on the backburner in my steam catalog.. probably should get around to playing through those but hearing about 3's ending I think has made me less enthusiastic to play them. Maybe in 2013 ^_^

With the new ending, it makes it a lot more palatable than the original ending of 3. I enjoyed 3 entirely up until, literally, the last 15 minutes. I'm going to do what I did with 2 and give it a year to bed down any/all DLC, pick it up cheap at some point and play through 1-3 again.

News Comments > The Secret World Lead Laid Off
29. Re: The Secret World Lead Laid Off Sep 11, 2012, 18:28 Asmo

Umm, not to be the one guy swimming against the flow around here, but TSW is actually quite fun (imo) although it is suffering from a lack of end game content atm.

The reason why it's suffering is a mass exodus to Guild Wars 2, which has the added bonus of no monthly sub.

I'm a member of TOG (www.theoldergamers.com) and we went from having a fairly thriving TSW presence (a guild for each faction, 100+ players) to having mebbe 10 actives, or less, after GW2 went live.

And while I don't think MMO's are dying, we are in a period of time where more games are coming out than any one person could ever hope to play. Currently I'm splitting time between:

Firefall beta
Planetside 2 beta
MWO Beta
World of Tanks
GW2
TSW
Random assorted other MMOs which I can still access, Lotro, DDO, EQ2
Annnnnnd more steam games than I can poke a stick at

And I haven't even touched the latest crop of single player stuff (Darksiders, Sleeping Dogs etc) which I'm interested in but have zero time to play.

Back in "the day" (that day being 2000-2004ish), we'd get one major MMO release every couple of years, so we had plenty of time to dedicate to playing one game. Now we have multiple major releases in the space of 4 months...

News Comments > New IndieFort Bundle
2. Re: New IndieFort Bundle Sep 10, 2012, 19:35 Asmo

Indeed, usually with these indie bundles I already have a decent number of the titles in the bundle.

That being said, there are a lot of games there I've never see before and the prices are extremely reasonable.

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer
30. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer Sep 5, 2012, 17:58 Asmo

/shrug

I'm hard pressed even feigning outrage atm let alone genuinely feeling it...

News Comments > Diablo III Nerf Warning
13. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 18:03 Asmo

We also know that players are having fun using Trail of Cinders in their builds, so

Oh there's the problem, people are having fun... Better fix that shit asap...

News Comments > Black Mesa Source This Month
36. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 2, 2012, 17:59 Asmo

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 14:12:

Whoa, back off everybody!

What, like you've backed off on the Black Mesa guys? X D

Before you say anything make sure you have permission from our white-knighting apologist.

'Everyone' is right. You're coming across like a spoiled child when you have zero right to complain.

And nin wasn't apologising for them, he was just calling you out for being a douchebag. Don't like that it took that long or a bunch of volunteers didn't meet the deadline they set themselves, fine, don't play it or support them. But you're kidding yourself if you think they owe you anything...

News Comments > Miner Wars 2081 Occulus Rift Support
2. Re: Miner Wars 2081 Occulus Rift Support Aug 30, 2012, 19:21 Asmo

/shrug 3 24 inch monitors in nvid surround do the job pretty well in terms of immersion, one hopes they bother to add full support for that...  

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line MP Knocked By Dev
30. Re: Spec Ops: The Line MP Knocked By Dev Aug 29, 2012, 20:03 Asmo

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 12:29:
Who said customers weren't happy? The developer is saying he's not happy, but isn't saying the customers aren't happy.

He is in fact saying the customers aren't happy....

"No one is playing it"

Happy customers don't abandon a supposedly key part of your product. If no one is playing it, it's because they aren't happy with it.

Critical thinking and introspection has gone out the f#cking window lately. I face a similar problem at work where our management knows we have x workload and y staff, and the way to increase how much work we get done is to reshuffle the department (so no more staff, training etc). A change of seat should be great to wring an extra couple of minutes out of my already full time day where I'm typically working non stop.

And that's the problem, once you get out of the trenches, you lose touch with the reality of the situation. Just as you have done Beamer. The dev implicitly stated that MP was a flop (something that no one plays can hardly be termed a 'success'). And yet you are here saying it's fickle customers causing the problem? Did you work on the game? Do you have some mystical insight that a guy who actually worked on the game doesn't have?

The fact there are rabidly successful games out there proves that you can make customers happy by virtue of making a good game.

News Comments > Miner Wars Arena Released
3. Re: Miner Wars Arena Released Aug 28, 2012, 18:05 Asmo

I plonked down cash for this game last year to support it and I'm still waiting on a decent build while they piss time away on 'super secret' projects... =\

If you're going to ask for pre-pays to support dev work during the build, the least one should do is apply oneself to finishing that game first...

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
52. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 18:37 Asmo

Fuck Jay Wilson and fuck Diablo III.

Fortunately I don't have a management or PR to worry about so I doubt I'll be making a retraction any time soon.

Best 89 bucks I never spent... X D

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
112. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 18:17 Asmo

No long post required, typical Ubi bullshit, disregarded...  

News Comments > NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion
20. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 23:27 Asmo

Palit 680 4 gig here, very quiet, cool and low energy consumption even running 3x1920x1200 surround. Runs faster than a 5970 2 gig (x2 card) with higher IQ.

The 6xx cards have the same hallmark feeling about them that the 8800 nvid or 9700 Ati cards did.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic
15. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 18:12 Asmo

I'll give them their due, Blizz does CG intros better than almost anyone else (I still love the fall of Arthas one from WC3 was it?).

That being said, I've got little interest in going back to WoW for another crack at the same old same old.

News Comments > Heavy Gear Returning
3. Re: Heavy Gear Returning Aug 8, 2012, 21:11 Asmo

WOO FUCKING HOO

DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK DON'T SUCK

Ahem.. One of my favourite settings/styles for mecha combat.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed
6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 17:48 Asmo

Wonder if my tech beta key carries over... =\

Not that it matters a whole bunch, soooo many games at the mo'...

News Comments > Vanguard Goes F2P Next Week
8. Re: Vanguard Goes F2P Next Week Aug 5, 2012, 17:55 Asmo

I've had plenty of good experiences with Sony since they started F2P'ing their titles. EQII worked out well (got a 3x points sale and a 1/2 price SOE shop sale so managed to pick up 12 months of sub for 20 bucks...), didn't mind DCUO as a bit of a time sink, and I've still got a pile of points leftover for any of the Sony games, so I might give this a whirl at some point (between TSW, PS2, MWO, WoT, GW2 and my backlog from the Steam summer sale... sigh, I need more time...)  

573 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo