Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grant P McKinney

Real Name Grant P McKinney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2010, 09:18
Total Comments 620 (Apprentice)
User ID 56047

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2014, 18:58 Asmo

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:11:
Would have given anything to see the A-10s notorious machine gun shred something in person.

I would prefer to be very far away from where the fire is occurring..

(near miss on UK soldiers from an A10 strafing run)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoS_tV_GGA8

As for Baldwin, there is a part of me that is actually sympathetic towards the guy. I don't envy the famous, for all their wealth etc, one iota. I've done more than a few things I'm not proud of, but most of us have the luck to not have those moments displayed in the most salacious and context free way possible. The media doesn't care about the truth, it just creates idols or monsters to use for it's own ends.

I'm sure the guy is no saint, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as he has been made out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
66. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 16:58 Asmo

The biggest problem I see with the game is that it is using an old and cherished IP as it's foot in the door, then leaving behind everything else that made that IP so iconic...

Thief would probably be a decent game in it's own right if we didn't have the baggage that tells us it could have been so much better (and probably far less popular with the younger generation aka "makes a lot less money").

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Feb 19, 2014, 22:51 Asmo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 20:49:
Defender's Quest is a great little narrative-based tower defense game that runs great on a laptop. I put in a good 40 hours or so into it last year. Recommended if you're looking for a little game like that. It even got me to overcome my hatred of 8 bit graphics.

Likewise, quite fun little title.

Picked up Drox Operative and it's kinda like Diablo meets Spaz meets Master of Orion. Very fun but the slow pace of your early ships (until you upgrade your engines) can be torturous.

News Comments > Starbound Patch Issue and Hotfixes
11. Re: Starbound Patch Issue and Hotfixes Feb 19, 2014, 16:52 Asmo

Eh, it's early access and there are plenty of warnings about problems.

Incidentally, try the Mass Effect and Industrialisation mods, they really pick up the game significantly. Now if only they'd put in the working AI for all the bosses (currently only Dreadwing has a working boss fight AI vs reusing standard mob logic).

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
1. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Feb 18, 2014, 22:14 Asmo

I don't f#cking care about minor performance gains nVidia, I want you to put back in the simple winkey+p shortcuts to swap surround to single screen and back rather than your bullshit "oh look, we put in a hotkey that doesn't f#cking work" system...

News Comments > Goat Simulator Now a Real Thing
17. Re: Goat Simulator Now a Real Thing Feb 12, 2014, 00:36 Asmo

This looks like fun purely for the sheer ridiculousness of it all...  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
28. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 17:05 Asmo

TESO is junk, pure and simple. It's combat is clunky as hell, the graphics/animations etc wouldn't give Rift a run for it's money when it came out, it's quest system is shallow and dodgy to boot, the crafting system is not well explained (most common question in chat "How you get iron ore bars?".

It's voiced for the most part (we all remember what happened to SWTOR) which is kinda immersive, but it's lost the soul (and the arrow to the knee) of the TES games.

Classic example of the retarded nature of the game, completing a quest with another person in the group nearby does not complete the quest for them, so the whole party has to wait on respawns for the lot of you to complete the quest...

I didn't think that was even a thing anymore...

Very disappointed considering how much lore/environment etc they had at their fingertips.

News Comments > Rabbids Film Plans
5. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 16:52 Asmo

The "rabbids" (known in France as Les Lapins Cretins... /lol) used to be the bad guys in the Rayman games, and eventually managed to somehow be popular enough (with who eludes me, but I digress) to justify not only their own games but an expansion in to other media...

I'm guessing someones trying to make them in to the new minions (Despicable Me) or similar, where the sidekicks are more popular than the main characters...

The rabbids games always came across as trite/crappy to me, but /shrug.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.8M Subscribers
5. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.8M Subscribers Feb 7, 2014, 00:32 Asmo

MOP was fun, but most of the reason I went back was because a couple of friends were curious and dragged me along.

It was weird. There's a lot of shortcuts built in now to speed up not only main leveling but alts, epic island (Timelost or w/e the fuck it is) can give you damn good gear for very little effort, LFR is faceroll for even the mildly competent, so even a solo player can see everything and end up dripping in purples + (ffs) the legendary cloak if they are willing to put in the runs...

We'll probably do the same thing for warlords, but we're all fairly comfortable that we won't hang around if we don't like it. It usually happens within a week, we just all lose interest at the same time.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Feb 5, 2014, 23:04 Asmo

FOOK EN JAY ZUS!

Very expressive people... =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD-xxoQwOo4

Ah, me old Oi'rish grandmother would be smoyling in her grave!

News Comments > On Starbound Mods & Chucklefish's Next Game
7. Re: removed Feb 5, 2014, 18:27 Asmo

If you have got Starbound, I highly recommend the Mass Effect mod, which is a TC, changing the ship to the Normandy and adding sound/music/craftables/biotic abilities etc from ME.

Really the same game but the mod guys put a hell of a lot of work in.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Jan 30, 2014, 23:34 Asmo

Just a tip for Amalur if you happen to be an ESDF player, the keys will only bind in a certain order (EFDS iirc but it's definitely a sequence like that), otherwise it'll start randomly unbinding keys.

Good game and quite enjoyable once you get your head in to it, but that bug almost made me stop before I started...

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
36. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 17:41 Asmo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 11:19:
I want to see this tech in a revival of the Interstate '76 series.

Is it wrong that this post gave me an erection?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 29, 2014, 20:59 Asmo

killer_roach wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:13:
Bill Borre wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 19:56:
Go Edward!

Keep in mind that being nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize doesn't mean that much in and of itself - a fairly sizable number of people are nominated every year.

According to the article, 209 people last year and 50 organisations iirc.

259 nominations out of 7 billion people + many organisations is hardly a sizable number. In fact, it's a very very exclusive club imo...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy Jan 23, 2014, 19:37 Asmo

I hated the move away from Erathia/Enroth of M&M VI/VII/VIII, but I'd be willing to give it a try.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2014, 20:02 Asmo

They are just going to rape Star Wars more aren't they...

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 12, 2014, 17:20 Asmo

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 16:26:
Julio wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 14:53:

I'm thinking Windows 9 might be the end of every other Windows release being ok. Prediction: They'll stick with Metro/Big Icons/Walled Garden
Apparently next release of Win8 restores the start menu fully, though that's rumor mill. Though the rumor mill was right about 8.1 bringing back the start button.

Fuck M$, http://www.classicshell.net/ works perfectly (I use it on Server 2012 boxes because remoting 4 sessions trying to deal with Metro = /wrists...).

But 9 will be the next Win 7 following MS's run of even OS = bad, odd OS = good...

8 bad, 7 good, vista bad, xp good, ME bad, 98 good (well, better than ME).

Works well for me because I only upgrade OS every other generation (although cost isn't really an issue because we have a 5k seat MAK key issued for our 1.2k seat organisation *grin*).

News Comments > Darkout Patch
2. Re: Darkout Patch Dec 23, 2013, 18:40 Asmo

JaguarUSF wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 16:30:
Here is my video review of Darkout. I feel that Starbound is a lot better.

Yeah, despite the graphic enhancements, the crafting system is fucking god awful (ie. sliders are almost unmanageable for crafting small batches of things).

There's a lot to like about the game but it's hiding behind some really basic technical flaws in the UI, introduction and execution that make it really hard to recommend this game.

News Comments > CONSORTIUM Next Month
3. Re: CONSORTIUM Next Month Dec 19, 2013, 19:30 Asmo

Valve: "Please don't release a new game during our attempts to sell Left4Dead 2 kthx..."  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained
17. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained Dec 18, 2013, 17:07 Asmo

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 12:01:
Australians whining about this need to do a value check.

Umm...

Australian's aren't whining about this. It's pretty fair to say that about 97% of Australian's don't even know this game exists...

The problem is, we have a number of ultra conservative states (South Australia particularly, but Queensland isn't far behind it) and it has had an effect on the rating laws for years.

eg. the SA attorney general basically blocked an R18 rating for games for the better part of a decade...

Most Australians either support things like gay marriage, abortion, voluntary euthanasia, surrogacy etc, or just don't give a shit either way. But even our major left wing party is still ruled by right wingers and most of our state/federal government structure is fairly conservative...

And because it's a game, kids might see it so ya know, THINK OF THE CHILDREN /Lovejoy!!

It's changing slowly as some of these old twunts running the show die off.

And if I had to guess, the scene was removed because a child was having something shoved up it's butt, nothing to do with homosexuality. Despite "Cartman's Anal Probe" being screened sans any sort of rating for years, or that episode where Cartman gives Ben Affleck a handjob pretending his hand puppet is JLo.

620 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo