Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grant P McKinney

Real Name Grant P McKinney   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2010, 09:18
Total Comments 544 (Apprentice)
User ID 56047

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
32. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 19:06 Asmo

BobBob wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 17:05:
Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 16:52:
i'm fairly sure noone forced her to stick a toy plane up her hooha.

Are you rationalizing the the act because a woman did it, therefore all women are 'okay with it'?

And there's your problem...

You're taking away that woman's personal choice to implant a model plane in her vagina (Vagairliner is my contribution to the word play) because of how it might make other women feel... That the photo appeared on twitter by mistake or that some people find it offensive is irrelevant, it was not published expressly to make fun of women ergo it is not misogynistic.

I just love the innate hypocrisy, btw, of a man determining what women can and can't do, and ruling on how offended they should be. My wife thought the pic and how it was put out there was hilarious. I'm pretty sure she doesn't give a fuck what you, or other women for that matter, think about that... =) Of course, being the sensitive mangina you are, I'm sure you'll respect her decision?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
34. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 17:49 Asmo

Current game clients/services:

Steam
Uplay
Origin
GOG
Battlenet
1 downloader client for every online multiplayer (PoE, WoT, MMOs etc)
Other (minecraft etc)

I've gotten over bitching about them, they're here to stay and we already deal with plenty of em...

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Apr 6, 2014, 18:07 Asmo

Axis wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 12:13:
TESO review filled to the hilt with noobness...

That wasn't a review. Perhaps a "primer to the first hour" or something else similarly useless.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
31. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2014, 18:41 Asmo

Beamer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 14:22:
That's not a sentence, that's what he's facing.

People very, very, very rarely get 100% of what they're facing. It's much more common for them to get 0% of what they're facing.

Umm, you even read the article Beamer?

First paragraph:

Earlier this month, a Fresno man received what is believed to be the strongest sentence issued anywhere in the United States for firing a laser pointer at an aircraft—14 years in prison. His girlfriend was also convicted on similar charges, but she will not be sentenced until May 2014.

That is the sentence he received. He might get out on parole/good behaviour earlier, but atm he's going to jail for 14 years...

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
49. Re: Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 18:25 Asmo

Creston wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 11:52:
Yeah man, but it's a 41 million dollar bow and arrow! I mean, that's a pretty big bow.

I believe they call it a "railgun", and this wonderful byplay from Mass Effect covers it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpgxry542M

And I do tend to think a lot of these people criticising Roberts for being too ambitious are playing the same safe game that the retread market are. Don't venture in to deeper waters, play it safe, stay in the kiddie pool full of piss.

Maybe it'll be an Icarus, but there's a reason why it's piling up money like crazy. People want to see it fly. They are over the same crass retreads and they want something truly aspirational.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
45. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 01:38 Asmo

deqer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 00:36:
Actually, it is. God hand-crafted Earth. But a feeble human brain cannot comprehend that; cannot comprehend that of the mind (and power) of a God, thus you are only capable (and probably selfishly desiring to) believing that it is randomly generated.

God built this planet out of his love for us. It's all "the art of God", every inch of it.

God probably should have kickstarter'ed his build of the earth, the stretch goal of "working on human AI so they don't eat the apple" should have been in the original build (ps. Intelligent design my ass. Putting 2 naked idiots in charge of the future of billions of humans knowing they'd make the wrong choice reeks of rank stupidity and negligence to me...)

As for everyone complaining about SC & 41 million, have you bothered to look at TESO lately? What a fucking trainwreck, and it costs significantly more, right? You may well all be right but the popularity of the KS/ongoing effort shows that there is a desire for this game. People who grew up playing Wing Commander etc are now adults with disposable income, surprise surprise, tapping in to that market yields dividends...

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
44. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 01:20 Asmo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:47:
Also, I believe the landscape of the earth is pretty randomly generated.

BOOOOOOORING! ; )

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 17:56 Asmo

Creston wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 17:31:
Shit, somebody rolls up in a Lexus with just two totally hot chicks, I'd sell.

For 2 bn, he could roll up on a moped with a 300lb drag queen...

News Comments > Molyneux: Indie Revival "Won't Last"
50. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 25, 2014, 19:28 Asmo

nin wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 09:44:
I'm pretty sure Peter's career won't last either, based on his more recent output...

Yeah, I wonder how his paedo simulator Milo thing is going?

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
27. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 18:40 Asmo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 11:34:
How come no one is talking about how flawless this was?

I would have thought the complete lack of complaint is the most glowing recommendation the game can have around here... =)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2014, 17:49 Asmo

Fantaz wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 11:17:
I use a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset with glasses and swear by them. you can't go wrong. or i know that Corsair over the ear headsets have pretty big soft padding, so you can go with one of those if u want.

The Corsair Vengeance headset is very comfortable (not a glasses wearer so can't comment on that) and has excellent sound/mic, but the longevity is shocking. All plastic construction along the pins that hold the cups to the headband = major point of weakness. My ones are currently held together by a collection of tape/zip ties after my son decided to try and put them on and managed to break one side comprehensively (mind you, that is after 2 warranty returns for random breaks during regular usage, at least Corsair has a solid warranty). They are also soundcard on board USB (so no sound card required).

Won't buy them again...

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
13. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 20, 2014, 17:41 Asmo

Jerykk wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 05:11:
I think you guys are exaggerating a bit when calling Steam "unusable." Sure, there are more releases now but it takes all of 5 seconds to look at each one. Check the new releases, click on titles that seem interesting, glance at a few screenshots, read the descriptions if you're still interested, done. It's a negligible investment of time and effort.

As for BoneTown, apparently the censored, non-XXX version was greenlit.

I would define it the same way I'd define a toilet seat with some shit , a bloody needle and a used condom on it. Sure, it's still usable, but who the fuck wants to go to all that hassle..? =)

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
6. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 19, 2014, 21:11 Asmo

Looking at some of the "greenlights", I think they need to institute a "red light" program to take some of the white noise out of the list...

Some of these "games" are awful junk.

eg. Desert Gunner... http://store.steampowered.com/app/281260/

Watch the vid... Seriously, who would pay 5 bucks for that piece of crap.

Then there's this gem.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283330/

Uck...

Now, I'm all in favour of giving aspiring indies the chance to display their work etc, but it would be just bloody wonderful if I can sort the main new game/specials list to exclude greenlights.

News Comments > WildStar Preorders
12. Re: WildStar Preorders Mar 19, 2014, 19:05 Asmo

Going to give it a whirl this weekend (friend got me a beta code) but not holding my breath. After the vast disappointment that is TESO, I'm kinda meh on MMO's at this moment, so it would want to tapdance on water to get my dorrah's...  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
41. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 18:34 Asmo

Only bought DIII recently (got base + ROS) and running up a barb was kinda fun. Never had a problem getting upgrades that were usable, played master right off the bat (early game was a bit tough but once the gear piled on, it was manageable).

Looking forward to the crusader as a HC toon. I played a HC zealadin in DII so hopefully it'll play a little like that.

News Comments > Evening Previews
6. Re: Evening Previews Mar 18, 2014, 00:27 Asmo

I managed 30 mins this last weekend before quitting to play something else.

Boring. Boring, boring, boring...

Apparently it get's better at lvl 12-15, but based on my sporadic play and the shitty leveling system, I'll have died from boredom before reaching that point.

What sort of shithead frontloads their game with boring crap on a shitty build rather than trotting out some of the better stuff early on to hook the player?

I don't mean a total bait and switch like Age of Conan (first 20 levels were magnificent, the next 55 were average fading to poor and the last 5 had no quest content and required non-stop grinding elite mobs to get to 80...), merely let the players have a taste of what they are in for to entice them onwards.

Yes, we have been shriven of our virginity in regards to fantastic worlds etc, but even considering that experience, the start of TESO is particularly unimpressive... I doubt I'll ever bother playing this one, even after the inevitable fall to F2P.

News Comments > Defiance DLC Adds $77 Gun Kit
8. Re: Defiance DLC Adds $77 Gun Kit Mar 12, 2014, 17:43 Asmo

Longswd wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 13:17:
I uninstalled it last night actually. They are apparently entirely focused on puking out their season pass DLC obligations and doing nothing at all to fix the base game, which has serious and multitudinous issues.

I love the action oriented combat but every other aspect of the game ranges from mediocre to downright broken.

I played for about two weeks, and one of those weeks was because friends were still playing. At the time, I justified it as a move away from Firefail, but now I just think I may have had a psychotic break. What a waste of time/money this game is...

News Comments > More Elder Scroll Online Invites
14. Re: More Elder Scroll Online Invites Mar 11, 2014, 23:16 Asmo

This MMO does everything with a sort of "just barely competent" air about it. Nothing overtly wrong, but nothing really pulling me away from the dozen and one other things I've got going at the moment...

For me, disposable income and affording the sub isn't the problem, it's time. And I just can't justify wasting time on this boring, "also ran" production...

The other thing I've heard is that the storyline, NPC interactivity etc all pick up significantly at lvl 12-15ish and the game get's a whole lot more fun. What sort of marketing scheme is that??

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
67. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 18:19 Asmo

deqer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 11:16:
Patch already? Wow... Do your fucking homework, developers. If you don't have a QA department to do sufficient testing before releasing your game, then perhaps you shouldn't be in the business of making games.

You do understand that the final game master is completed well prior to release, and any work they have to do after that requires a patch?

So you are essentially bitching about the devs being on the ball and continuing to fix bugs etc right up to release day.

Could you be a bigger, self righteous, entitled cunt? I doubt it, but go nuts!

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
35. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 00:19 Asmo

Trevellian wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:08:
I really don't see what you guys are all butthurt about. Thousands of people got to play the Beta on the public servers and it was fun

While ya'll are sitting here being crotchety as fuck for no good reason I'm going to enjoy the best fast paced FPS I've played (in BETA) in years. If the other 13 maps are as fun as the 2 in beta where then this game is worth what I paid for it.

I think a lot of you have forgotten that games are about fun. Not bashing a game because of who developed it or published it because some guys reviewed it on private servers. Get over it. So disappointing to read any of the comment threads on here anymore.

Define "fun"? I love competitive shooters but these days, it's all about leveling up etc, aka "grinding". This IP begs for a single player experience, instead within a month it'll be the same old same old.

Bucky wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:30:

QFT.

Also, if I recall correctly, the beta hit 2 million people.

Because popularity = good...

Candy Crush, 90 million players a day... Nuff said?

Look, the core gameplay is fast and fun, but for me personally, it's not lasting. I've been playing this sort of thing since Doom/Quake days, the skins change but the gameplay is essentially the same. And they've added prestige/paragon grinding to the mix right off the bat, GG...

544 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo