Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Korsair

Real Name Korsair   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MacK
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 13, 2010, 21:28
Total Comments 3 (Suspect)
User ID 56046

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Hitman: Sniper Challenge Revealed; Hitman Announcement Thursday
5. Re: Hitman: Sniper Challenge Revealed; Hitman Announcement Thursday May 9, 2012, 02:51 MacK

Haven't these people watched Leon!??! The assassin that uses a sniper rifle is a goddamn amateur.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Checklist
21. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Checklist Oct 25, 2011, 18:47 MacK

When will game publishers realize that increasing the number of game clients hurts them more than it helps them. The more programs I have to have installed on my computer to play games, the more annoyed I will be. I read a review of Origin and saw how stupid and pointless it was, so I refuse to get it.

Once EA realizes that their sales are down compared to what they expected, lets hope that they will put it on Steam. I am not a Steam fanboy, but I have a crap load of games on it, so I don't particularly want to get another one. Also, since only EA games are on Origin, I don't want it.

Don't get me wrong, I want to play BF3, much like I want to play Batman: Arkham City, but I don't want to download some mostly useless program just like how I don't want to play Arkham City on a console if it will cost me ten bucks more.

News Comments > Retailers Versus Steam?
143. Re: Retailers Versus Steam? Nov 13, 2010, 16:41 MacK

Steam is fantastic. The only other website I go to to get digital games is Good Old Games. When it was hinted that the two might join up, I almost came in my pants. When they didn't I was still pretty happy. Noone gives out ridiculous sales like Steam and if you stick with them for long enough before buying a game, chances are you will get a game for super cheap. Also, they pre-load on almost every game that you pre-order which is also fantastic. Every time I have pre-ordered a game only to wonder if it was going to be pre-loaded, I ended up happy that it was and playing the night of the release. Sure, Steam may have a monopoly now but I think that it is only more likely that the monopoly will increase when they start selling digital games for cheaper than retail copies. This is because it costs the publisher and developer absolutely nothing to replicate their games online whereas it costs retail outlets a great deal. In fact, since Steam is doing so much indie assistance now, it is likely that we will start seeing indie games be the number one top sellers if Steam starts doing marketing for the companies. Steam can branch out a lot now and it has a lot of work still to do, but the main thing is that it is awesome because it gets around a lot of antiquated systems for game distribution. Also, Steam is made up of gamers who make and provide us with games, so they know that to fuck us over would be to fuck themselves over as well. This follows from a past announcement by D2D that said that they were looking at giving people a limited time to download their games before they deleted them from the server. I almost spazzed at this because it costs them absolutely nothing to hold on to the statement that I own the games. Steam is great. It could be better, but anyone who uses it and has taken advantage of some of the awesome sales knows that the platform is better than anything the consoles have to offer and any other digital distributor out there, except for maybe GOG, who are on par.  

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo