Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Enagy

Real Name Enagy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Giller
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 18, 2010, 16:56
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 56010

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Foo Fighters at BlizzCon 2011
9. Re: Foo Fighters at BlizzCon 2011 Sep 28, 2011, 14:31 Giller

Best concert I have gone to was a Tenacious D, Weezer, Foo fighters show. This was a very good pick for them.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GameStop to Sell Game Downloads
11. Re: GameStop to Sell Game Downloads Jul 29, 2011, 12:47 Giller

God they are desperately hanging on to the brick and mortar business model, aren't they? What the hell are they gonna do when the consoles switch to digital delivery in a generation or two?

Aside from the under 16 crowd and the 8 adults who have to buy their games in cash for whatever reason, why in hell would i want to get in my car, go to gamestop, sit through their mandatory litany of up sell speeches and pay for a digital download? If they really wanted to be innovative they would just tie your gamestop account to your impulse account and allow you to use your built up instore credit and gift cards through Impulse. But that would be too easy on the customer and not shoe-horn them into a doomed brick and mortar model.

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
90. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 15:29 Giller

The Cliffnotes version of all this is that EA WILL be able to get away with this for BF3. Unfortunately, its probably going to hurt them in the long run as their other franchises which are not "have to have; AAA" titles. So let the eschew Steam, and its user base for now. People will vote with their dollars in the long run.

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
52. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 13:09 Giller

This is a terrible precedent for PC gamers.
I just dont trust some unholy marriage of Gamestop and EA. But besides that the idea of each publisher creating this walled garden where they will only sell exclusives on thier own distribution platforms really sucks for us. Don't expect that you are going to get a better experience when you can't even choose where you get your content from. And Digital is going to be the exclusive way to get PC content in 7-8 years (or less..i would argue we are already there). IF you dont believe that and are still stuck on having a DVD/CD, well Im sorry. Its just a reality and I understand that upsets some people.
Steam has succeeded because its just a good service in general. I have never had a problem with it and the conveniences have always handliy outweighed the problems.
Ill probably be buying this as a CD (shudders) from amazon, because i dont trust Gamestop and EA in digital distribution. I would bet money gamestop is the first to try "expiring" digital content or some other nefarious money making scheme as their business model is collapsing in the face of the rise in digital distribution.

News Comments > One Potato, Two Potato...
62. Re: One Potato, Two Potato... Apr 18, 2011, 16:05 Giller

I did a rough rate calc on the potato countdown..should reach zero in approx 9 hours. So around midnight Central time  

News Comments > Portal 2 Countdown Explained
18. Re: Portal 2 Countdown Explained Apr 15, 2011, 15:29 Giller

Tumbler wrote on Apr 15, 2011, 13:26:
and if you buy the potato sack/portal 2 bundle you get portal 2 for $40.

Wait...really?

Hmm, no mention on the page, adding to cart, well look at that. Portal 2 for 39.99 and potato sack drops to 33.72, $10 savings for buying them together. Was this advertised somewhere?

Still kind of seems like you're paying $73 for portal 2...

Which is a bit high when you can buy it on the PS3 for $54, get a $20 credit from Amazon, redeem the pc code, sell the PS3 version for $50, maybe $40, then enjoy the game on PC for maybe $5 out of pocket and have $20 to spend on amazon. But playing it early might be worth that...$45 you'll spend on steam and then get to play it on the pc a few days early.

You should buy this on PS3 even if you don't have a PS3, grab the code, then trade the game out on goozex. You'd get an EA (access to Q's of unlreased games) plus earn 1000 points which you can use to pick another game in a few weeks. Like LA Noire? You'd probably get 30-40 in Q if you ask for that game, with a game like that I'd expect you get a copy in the mail inside a month.

So come on people, buy portal 2 on the PS3. It's the deal of a century. (although I don't know exactly how the steam pc version will work with the PS3 version on the PS3 so there is a small chance that the PS3 version will be affected? I doubt it though...but I bought it just in case)

You dont have to buy the potato sack. You just have to update and play one of the games that are listed in the potato sack deal. Its a way to show support for Indie games, generate some sales for them possibly, and give the community a goal to work towards. If you wanna help, then just buy one of the indie games and give it a shot!

Besides that has blues been over-ran with console lobbyist? Who wants to play portal on the ps3 or xbox when they can get it for PC on steam, and play it early once the PC community works together to open it up?

News Comments > The National in Portal 2
4. Re: The National in Portal 2 Mar 11, 2011, 16:55 Giller

LoL. I love it when people discredit something because they are not familiar with it. Im sure this person would be damned excited if lady gaga was on the portal soundtrack.

That said, the national is a good band...just wonder how thier sound is going to fit into Portal. I have high hopes but I keep having this verse in my head.

" I was carried...to Apeture Science in a storm of bees"

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo