Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Satoru

Real Name Satoru   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Satoru
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 14, 2010, 13:20
Total Comments 63 (Suspect)
User ID 56002

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
27. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 21:07 Satoru

DangerDog wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 20:46:
Tons of people had buyers regret with Elite Dangerous, dumb people paying to play the alpha for $250 or something.

I wonder if this will get Mr. Smart from talking about it anymore.

Eliet at least shipped a damn product at the end.

RSI after 85 million doesnt even have something that resemembles a pre-alpha build

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
25. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 21:04 Satoru

Kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 21:02:
Wait a second. I sent them an email with legitimate proof showing how I was basically conned out of $930 bucks. Are they not going to look at my case? Is this their blanket statement to tell EVERYONE - including people with legitimate claims - to stop asking?

What country do I live in where this is legal? Even credit card companies don't do stuff like this. I was lied to multiple times by Chris Roberts, and I believed what he said. I trusted him at his word so much so that I was willing give CIG $930 of my money. Here's the thing, Derek Smart is a very wealthy person; he has millions. I don't, and yet I backed Star Citizen for 3x what Derek backed for and yet they gave him his "hush" money back.

I just want a refund.

You're not geting a refund unless you apparently put up a 11,000 word essay about it then get RSI to look at the last bullet point about a game you're making, then have them issue a statement you were 'promoting' your game

https://twitter.com/SkyHuntersLLC/status/621011636426534912

Or this guy. Who I can only surmise was promoting their.. helicopter tour business while asking for a refund.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Scams
24. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 27, 2015, 20:38 Satoru

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 00:51:
There is another certain "scam" going on, or perhaps a better way to label it is "gaming the system", but in many multiplayer games, the steam refunds policy is biting players in the ass right now, with cheaters purchasing games for almost exactly 1 hour and fifty minutes, going to wreck shit on servers where they got owned and can't compete properly, and then getting a refund and repeating the process. VAC and the other assorted anti-cheats out there don't catch them generally in this small window of time and I've not heard of anyone being punished for this behavior. This is happening in many steam multiplayer games currently.

You can't really sustain this

1) You have to have a valid payment method
2) Steam tracks these things
3) Steam already is sending nasty-grams to people who do 'too many refunds'
4) note even if you 'kite cards' you still have the orignal purchase money that you HAVE to spend somehow.
5) Steam refunds take anywhere from 2-7 days so constantly cycling the card is impratical

Its really a short term 'herp derp' thing. But its unsustainable long term because it requires constant recycling of a valid payment method, which Valve WILL black list at some point if they want to. Cycling pre-paid cards is EXPENSIVE to do with all the fees associated with using them.

Its likely people are simply ascribing the cheaters they see with the new policy, rather than say the fact that CSGO was dirt cheap during the sale and thus attracts lots of new cheating accounts anyway.

13. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 26, 2015, 22:08 Satoru

Trading Policy from Oct 2011

This policy has been in place since Oct 2011

Aka a news site is about 4 years late on this 'news'

3. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 26, 2015, 17:32 Satoru

That's been the official policy for awhile. Not sure why its 'news'  

News Comments > Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned
29. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 28, 2015, 02:30 Satoru

Beamer wrote on May 27, 2015, 18:56:

These aren't purchased in bulk then resold, they're ones coming from other countries.

They're sold for significantly under market price. The people buying them know something is up. They know it's a risk. If they did not lose the product, what would prevent them from continuing to buy grey market? Nothing, because they know they will always get the same product for 10%-30% the price.

And then, if the demand remains, what prevents other grey market sellers from popping up? They're usually based overseas and nearly impossible to pursue any civil or criminal charges against.

I'm not sure why people keep confusing 'grey' market keys with STOLEN OUTRIGHT THEFT BLACK MARKET keys.

We aer NOT talking about grey market keys

We are talking about keys that were STOLEN. Then resold.

28. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 28, 2015, 02:23 Satoru

InBlack wrote on May 27, 2015, 03:15:
Stolen keys. Got it. Stolen from where?

Bullshit.

Im really supposed to believe that credit card fraud criminals are buying keys from ESO (with stolen credit card info) and reselling them to pimply faced nerds?

Im sure there are millions to be made in that racket...

Sniper Elite 3 keys stolen

FC4 keys revoked

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/466577590606520320

This happens on Steam ALL THE TIME

People come and complain CONSTANTLY about a 'gift' they bought on G2A or other such sites that magically after a week gets revoked. Why do you think G2A sells rediculous 'insurance' for the games they sell? Would you buy a tv from bestbuy if you had to buy 'insurance' in case the box contained rocks instead of a tv?

People trade games bought with stolen credit cards outside the Steam trading sysetm for TF2 CSGO keys or whatever happens to be 'hot'.

GOG had to DISABLE GIFTING of Witcher 3 expresslly because of fraudulent purchases being gifted for other valuable items.

GOG disables gifting of Witcher 3

So yes this is very much a real problem.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2015, 02:34.

13. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 27, 2015, 00:56 Satoru

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2015, 23:03:
Leave it you people to defend the corps and screw the workin' man trying to catch a break. It's no wonder this is such a shitty world. Perhaps you feel we'd all be better off as slaves instead of the indentured servants we really are.

How is the 'working man' being screwed here? Feel free to explain how being sold stolen goods is in some way in the best interests of the 'working man'.

Remind me to rob you blind, sell all your stuff on Craigslist, then we'll just laugh when you know the 'working man' bough it 'legit' so you won't get anything back. After all the 'working man' on craigslist bought a 'legit' tv and a 'legit' console and a 'legit' car.

Go ahead I'll wait for your rediculous mental gymnatics on how theft is super aweseome.

4. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 26, 2015, 20:02 Satoru

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2015, 17:52:
If they activated they're legitimate keys, it doesn't matter how they were purchased. That's a problem with the merchant software and for the CC companies. This sounds more like regional pricing protection bullshit than actual stolen keys. Fine, if that's the kind of party they want to have I'm going to stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

I love how every time this happens a bunch of people come out screaming about how they're somehow being ripped off somehow by the developer.

Here's a tip, if you buy stolen goods, they can and will be revoked from you.

Here's another tip. Instead of blaming teh developer/publisher how about BLAMING THE STORE THAT SOLD YOU THE STOLEN GOODS IN THE FIRST PLACE. If you bought a tv from the bank of a van, then the cops come and reclaim it because it was stolen, you don't scream that Sony ripped you off do you? The tv was 'legit' when you bough it, it turned on right? So you can tell the cops that it's yours! See how far that gets you.

News Comments > Invisible, Inc. Appears
9. Re: Invisible, Inc. Appears May 13, 2015, 13:18 Satoru

Flatline wrote on May 13, 2015, 12:13:
nin wrote on May 13, 2015, 10:49:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 13, 2015, 10:35:
Mark of the Ninja was really good, so I've got high hopes for this one. Sounds pretty good already. Looking forward to seeing the gameplay.

Reviews have been very good. I like the fact that you can tweak the gameplay as you see fit.

edit: And another.

I got in at the alpha early access when it was on an absurdly good sale. Even then it was pretty polished and a lot of fun. I can easily reccomend it. It was pretty tough to beat too last time I played it.

The great thing about the release code is that you can make the difficulty as easy or as Dark Soul-crushing as you want. They added a metric ton of difficulty options you can tweak.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
31. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 16:10 Satoru

I see Kinguin is playing coy. As if "oh sorry we had no idea these '3rd party resellers' were selling stolen game its not our fault! boo hoo!"

They can go pound sand. They know exactly what happened and they don't care.

Just like the Sniper Elite 3, some shady cd-key shop comes out and has OUTRAGE over their shady business model, blames the publisher, and says they will 'take legal action'. Guess what they did. JACK. Because they HAVE no legal recourse. They're just all bluster.

They sell stolen keys. ANd somehow Ubisoft is to blame?

News Comments > League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming
6. Re: League Legends Dedicated Internet Optimizations Coming Jan 6, 2015, 11:30 Satoru

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 11:26:
Lag is a huge factor in just about any high level of play. The ping difference between east and west coast is generally over 100ms and has been a major point of contention for years. Lag spikes that leave you a second or three behind gameplay can throw an entire teamfight that the game may hinge on.

And for anyone yammering from the 'get off my lawn with your new fangled twitchy games' angle...keep in mind that 15 years ago broadband users also received all kinds of hate for being LPBs (low ping bastards) in Quake.

Most games, LoL included, tolerate >50m latency as it's basically assumed as part of the net code. Modern games are designed at their core to smooth out latency differences between users. Such that LPB and even high latency users essentially get the same 'game'.

Lag spikes are an entirely different problem and have nothing to do with latency. You can have 10ms latency, but if you have massive packet loss you're screwed no matter what.

News Comments > EA: No Origin Breach
18. Re: EA: No Origin Breach Dec 31, 2014, 17:49 Satoru

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 15:49:
Apparently is people using hijacked accounts to gift fifa15 points to other people.

'points'? Is taht some kind of in-game currency? The origin store doesn't seem to have that but then again I dont play FIFA.

News Comments > EA: No Origin Breach
15. Re: EA: No Origin Breach Dec 31, 2014, 15:42 Satoru

There's no 'breach'

1) People have terrible passwords and reuse them. Anyone could 'hack' probably hundreds of Origin accounts just by using any of the leaked 'accounts' from other companies like Target/HomeDepot/TJX/etc

2) Why this would be happening is a bit odd though. YOu can't gift games on Origin so you're basically stuck using the account.

3) Origin has 2 factor autentication on it, use it

4) Your email likely has 2 factor authentication too, use it

News Comments > Runemaster Cancelled
2. Re: Runemaster Cancelled Dec 5, 2014, 13:27 Satoru

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 13:13:
Bummer. I was interested in this.

true but at least they're saying "yeah this isn't goign to work we're sorry" rather than "this isn't going to work but we'll release it anyawy and take your money"

It's just the internal team so they'll get reallocated to differnt project so it's not like those people are out of a job or anything. So while it's bad news, at least it's probably the best scenario for it.

News Comments > Game Sessions Steam Trials Add Ryse Son of Rome
1. Re: Game Sessions Steam Trials Add Ryse Son of Rome Nov 17, 2014, 09:45 Satoru

Can you even get past the intro sequence with just 24 minutes in a AAA game these days? Hell FF doesn't let you push any buttons for like 1 hour :p

The fact that you get a steam key when you purchase is kinda silly. It means that you're going to have to download the game TWICE if you buy it off this service. That's only gonig to trick people once before they figure out that's fairly unappealing

Also practically all download services do compression....

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2014, 16:15 Satoru

I like how they put forth the only valid point in #5 the immediately dismiss it. Which shows a vast lack of understanding on how the physical distribution channel works.

Publishers set pricing. And physical retailers do not like being under cut by digital retailers. Thus they force publishers to set their digital and physical pricing to be the same. And if you think this is some kind of fantasy, note P&G will literally dance naked outside Walmart's corporate headquarters if the Waltons say so.

The article seems to miss the point that for CONSOLE games physical distribution is the only way to get to the masses. And if a retailer doesnt like you, you can be rest assured your next game will be rotting in the back next to the WiiU titles. While your competitors title will be prominently displayed at the front, while the cashiers constantly ask every person that walks in if they want to pre-order it.

News Comments > $80 Offworld Trading Company Prototype Released
6. Re: And it keeps going Jul 22, 2014, 15:01 Satoru

Cpmartins wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 13:51:
If you choose to pay for something, then it isn't robbery. I don't care for the game as it is now, but I'll take a look at it when it's finished.

Stardock already has a 'ban' on the game internally because people were playing the prototype constantly so much.

News Comments > Steam Video Capture Utility
2. Re: Steam Video Capture Utility Feb 24, 2014, 17:09 Satoru

This isnt really a 'steam' thing it's just another application on the steam store.

The title makes it sounds like its an integrated feature which is mislading

News Comments > Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification
21. Re: Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification Jun 25, 2013, 17:06 Satoru

avianflu wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 16:37:
Australia is growing oddly conservative and has been for some time.

oh and just try immigrating there. The answer will be no unless you are 20-something.

And white

63 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo