Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brumbek

Real Name Brumbek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A World Power.
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 10, 2010, 20:43
Total Comments 139 (Novice)
User ID 55995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Interactive Trailer
5. Re: Dying Light Interactive Trailer Dec 17, 2014, 23:36 Brumbek

Haters will hate, but I loved Dead Island. No other game has had the detailed zombie gore and melee systems combined with 4-player coop and RPG elements. Plus on PC you could easily tweak the wonky controls to make it play great.

So I'm really looking forward to Dying Light. We need more open-world fully co-op games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
6. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 13, 2014, 16:03 Brumbek

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 14:56:
If the drops are still as terrible in solo play however, I don't think I'll play long... PoE drops make D3 ultra-rares seem almost common, at least for me.
The drop rates are unchanged, so yes, getting the best ultra-rare Uniques is nigh impossible. What makes this ok for me personally, though, is how robust the Rare item system is and how you can craft your own items now. The addition of the Forsaken Masters (Patch 1.2) really allows for crafting great items that would otherwise require insane luck to find.

So overall, I love how PoE allows you to excel without the need of the best Uniques. D3's initial system was so broken because there was no gear diversity and all that mattered was bigger numbers. In PoE, there are so many different build options that bigger numbers are merely icing on the cake.

Anyway, I love Grinding Gear Games. They are honest and cool guys. They deliver on their promises and they keep PoE truly Free to Play and don't exploit it. This cannot be overstated: they choose put the players first rather than get greedy.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
66. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 17:50 Brumbek

David wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 17:10:
Yep, I ordered Dark Arisen. Thanks! The graphics and aliasing (compared to my high-end PC) might be a little annoying, but the game play looks fun.
Sweet! Yeah, the graphics are obviously low-fi compared to PC, but artistically the game is actually quite nice. Also, bringing it back to DA:I, one thing that blew my mind about Dragon's Dogma is how you get something like 400 pieces of equipment and each has a unique look. Moreover, all the pieces fit together on your character with almost no clipping.

I cannot overstate how incredible this is, that the artists took the time to custom fit hundreds upon hundreds of item combinations, like a black cape with a leather vest with a linen hood. I hear DA:I is very lacking in equipment choices and so many pieces totally clip through each other. I spent so many hours in Dragon's Dogma collecting every piece of gear and upgrading each item to the max. Gotta catch them all!

Maybe I care because I'm a 3D modeler and art guy, but Dragon's Dogma has such an incredible attention to detail that makes it really shine. Also, I can't wait until you experience the full story. My mind is still blown by all of it.

58. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 15:33 Brumbek

David wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 14:53:
Thanks for this! I'd never even heard of Dragon's Dogma. I'm definitely going to pick it up!

Just went on Amazon and it will be delivered to my house TONIGHT for a grand total of only 22 bucks! That's instant gratification on a scary level.
So glad I could convince you. Although, I REALLY HOPE you got Dragon's Dogma: DARK ARISEN, not the original release. Dark Arisen was a re-release that includes the original game with a bunch of very important quality of life changes plus an insanely fun end-game dungeon with Diablo-like loot.

Just a few tips: don't judge Dragon's Dogma at first. Give it a few hours to understand what is going on. The game is a bit slow at the start with a fair amount of walking around. But stick with it. DD: Dark Arisen is quite truly my favorite game of all time.

PS: Don't worry about failing a few quests as you play. Everyone fails a few quests their first playthrough. You can keep replaying the game with New Game + to get any and all content you miss.

49. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 13:47 Brumbek

David wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 13:12:
I find the combat in DA extremely unsatisfying. No matter what class or how powerful the spell or ability or weapon I'm using, it just feels ridiculous at level 20 to still have to hit enemies (even relatively weak ones) over and over and over again before they go down.
You have a point. A very good point. I don't understand why games don't copy Dragon's Dogma! (Probably because it is very hard to implement.) But Dragon's Dogma had the most sublime, most perfect combat ever. I'm not exaggerating. It has ruined all other RPG combat.

Hacking at a dragon's legs doesn't cut it (unintended pun) when I have literally climbed atop a dragon and slashed him while he flies around panicking in Dragon's Dogma.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans
23. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 19, 2014, 19:43 Brumbek

ItBurn wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 16:05:
I haven't played it, but I still strongly disagree with your claims. Traversal is nothing new. Crysis, Titanfall and even Halo come to mind. I also wouldn't classify a COD style game as being like Doom/Quake/Unreal. They're verrrry different.
If you haven't played it...then I can't expect you to understand the feeling I'm talking about. Too many judge a game before trying it. This new CoD requires at least 5 hours of dedicated learning before you can judge its movements.

We all have different opinions, but considering Blues News started as a Doom/Quake/id news site, I strongly believe AW is the next great arena shooter. As I've said before, I'm no newbie. AW plays very much like the old school shooters, flying through the sky shooting people like crazy.

All I care about is pure FPS skill, a la Quake 2 railing. And AW is worthy, IMO.

18. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 19, 2014, 15:55 Brumbek

siapnar wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:30:
I do find the mouse acceleration to be annoying, though. I can't seem to get rid of it, even in windows or with my SetPoint software.
Did you edit both the config.cfg and config_mp.cfg to change these to from 140 default to zero:

seta cl_pitchspeed "0"
seta cl_yawspeed "0"

This solved all the terrible jerky mouse movement for me.

ItBurn wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:47:
COD is a linear snooze fest with 2001 gameplay and ok at best graphics. ACU is a next gen open world with some unique features and graphics that push the enveloppe.

Do what you want with ACU, but don't encourage COD!
Too each their own. You obviously don't enjoy scripted FPS games. Many of us do. And naturally, we buy CoD mostly for the multiplayer/coop. I'm guessing you haven't tried AW MP because it is really quite a unique experience with the freedom of movement around the maps. But twitch FPS games aren't for everyone and that's fine. But I stand by saying AW is one of the finest arena shooters ever made, right up there with Doom/Quake/Unreal.

10. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 19, 2014, 13:48 Brumbek

At the risk of being flamed I will say this is why I respect Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and think it is worth support with our money. It comes out on schedule with a very solid PC version. Moreover, it doesn't require dumb uPlay or Origin but simply connects online to fetch your profile when playing MP. And it simply works.

Anyway, my point is...we as gamers should boycott terrible business practices such as releasing Unity in such a state. It is a messed up world when the new Call of Duty is the benchmark for reasonable and quality business practices.

Edit: I also prefer a $50 Season Pass that includes everything than lame in-game microtransactions like Unity has. Just let me pay for my game in the real world, and keep real money out of the actual game.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk
20. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk Nov 10, 2014, 15:14 Brumbek

Slick wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 23:00:
a design masterpiece? ...it's good that you enjoy it, but i think your overarching praise is a tad hyperbolic.

i'm having fun. but this is more akin to Malibu Stacy: Now with Hat than truly revolutionizing anything.
Well, I need to play the game for months before I can say if it stands up to the arena classics (D2, Q2, UT, UT2004, MW1, MW2). I understand AW isn't doing much to win new fans. It didn't want to. Rather it wanted to be the next evolution of CoD-gameplay, not FPS-gameplay, but CoD-gameplay. It did that perfectly IMO.

When I said design masterpiece, what I mean is everything is very well-thought-out. The maps are all good to great (except Instinct which is quite bad). The guns are all pretty well-balanced. Gone are the obnoxious items like bouncing bettys and claymores. This is one of the purest shooters I've played in a long time. To quote Princess Bride, AW is twitch skill versus twitch skill alone.

But yeah, if you enjoy Battlefield ahd like flying vehicles and realistic sniping and all that...then BF is your deal. If you want super-high-intensity-pure-twitch-gaming, AW is the best of the best IMO. But what do I know?!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk
11. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk Nov 9, 2014, 17:23 Brumbek

Prez wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 15:04:
It means, "NO DEDICATED SERVERS FOR YOU!! COME BACK ONE YEAR!"
Ha, quoted simply because your comment is really funny! That being said...did anyone honestly expect a server browser? I bought AW knowing full well it would use the same P2P method as MW3 and other CoDs. But after 10 hours of playing MP, I honestly haven't had one single game that was laggy. Sure it is the first week, but every game I've played was fine. Maybe I got lucky and maybe I live in a good place (West Coast USA).

Anyway, I stand by my statement that AW gameplay-wise has the most mind-blowing combat I've ever played. This game is a design masterpiece; I'm not lying. This is coming from a hardcore FPS player used to Doom2/Quake2/CSBeta/CS1.6/UT/UT2004/MW1-3. This game is the real deal when it comes to freedom of movement. The skill ceiling is so insanely high. ...just too bad this comes years after CoD has been milked into the ground...

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Double XP & Free Week
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Double XP & Free Week Nov 7, 2014, 16:55 Brumbek

And here the ugly truth is revealed: despite CoD lacking innovation and rehashing the same game modes each year, it is so much more player-friendly than Battlefield. The idea that you can buy upgrades without having to play is horrible. Call of Duty may be tired to some, but it at least has retained its integrity by never implementing Pay-2-Win/Unlock rubbish.

A strange day when Call of Duty has the moral high ground.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans
17. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 5, 2014, 19:16 Brumbek

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:05:
Yep, if by skill you mean "hosting the game" .. because that's the fucking "win" button....
Oh yeah? How many hours have you played the game? Did you not win matches where you weren't the host?

Sorry to call you out again...but I highly doubt you have actual experience with losing because you weren't the host in Advanced Warfare. It just isn't a big deal right now with 20k+ players. It is incredibly easy to get into games where you have less than 100 ping and no packet loss. No excuses.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2014, 13:48 Brumbek

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 09:54:
The problems with Clickbait articles.
Yep. What a stupid, pointless discussion. The scene isn't meant to make you feel. You are *paying respects*. You aren't supposed to cry. Moveover, this wasn't a QTE. It was a *button prompt*. There is a difference.

Sigh...all these haters and whiners...the funeral scene happens 30 minutes into the game as an *introduction* to the real story...Sledgehammer wasn't trying to make you cry...I shouldn't even engage these lame journalists.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 5, 2014, 13:44 Brumbek

Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 12:37:
Badly written headline, but good for comedic value. It made me wonder why the game getting released in Poland warranted its own story.
Same here...ah, the English language. The powers that be need to change the word to paulish or something!

Anyway. I played MP last night for several hours. I was BLOWN AWAY. No joke. It was totally amazing and so much fun. Haters will hate, but this isn't just a rehashed CoD. This is what Titanfall should have been.

So yeah, huge credit to Sledgehammer. If you want a very fast, very skillful FPS, I'm declaring AW as king. And please, before you hate, actually play the MP for yourself for at least an hour.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
18. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Oct 31, 2014, 23:17 Brumbek

Being a huge fan of the Bioware bygone days, I was actually tempted to preorder. I even opened Origin and viewed the store page.

Then reality set in: greedy DLC deluxe exclusive garbage. Right on the page is a chart telling you what YOU DON'T GET when you buy their game.

Want to give us our asking price of $60? Thanks, but you're a loser and don't get a bunch of fun stuff. Want everything? Then pay $70, idiot.

I cannot support this type of garbage marketing practices. Anyway, here's hoping the game doesn't 'feature' built-in DLC quest givers like DA:O...

News Comments > Call of Duty Zombie Shocker
7. Re: Call of Duty Zombie Shocker Oct 31, 2014, 18:28 Brumbek

Well Blue, not to be that guy...but it honestly is a shocker because previously Activision made it *very clear* that the Zombies mode was exclusive to Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games. And technically Treyarch has made less than 50% of Call of Duty games, so Zombies mode has only been in less than half the Call of Duty games.

Linksil wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 13:21:
I REALLY don't get this. I mean WHY have you not released all the info about your new game (excluding sp spoilers) by now?
Yeah, I agree with you. This makes no sense. I find it hard to believe they wanted to keep it a secret just so players could be overjoyed upon starting the game the first time. Maybe I'm too cynical, but hiding this makes me think it is some half-baked mode with barely any content...and only after DLC will it really be worth playing.

News Comments > Scream Fortress VI Underway
1. Re: Scream Fortress VI Underway Oct 30, 2014, 13:36 Brumbek

I have to give major respect and kudos to Valve's creative team for consistently coming up with funny and beautiful art for these type of events. Granted, I don't care for TF2. Granted, perhaps Valve's amazing skills could be put to use on new games not based on 2004 tech. Still...that Comic was hilarious.  

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed
8. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed Oct 28, 2014, 14:12 Brumbek

Verno wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 12:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 11:22:
It can't be a worse port than FFX13

I seem to recall a few people defended that port, that's the sad thing.
I don't recall anyone defending the FFXIII port. Defending the game, yes. Defending only 720p? Nope. So not sure what you are talking about...that being said, Durante's fix makes FFXIII perfectly playable at 1080p or higher, so that's good.

...although now that you mention it, FFXIII's port wasn't the worst. I'd argue other ports were much worse...ports that have issues that can never be fixed, ever, like crashing bugs.

So in a sense, I do think people take 720p more seriously than they should. Dark Souls at 720p or FFXIII at 720p were/are both perfectly playable with almost zero bugs. It's the broken coding/crashes that truly ruin a port (Saints Row 2 would be an excellent example, also Deadly Premonition).

Anyway, great to see Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC. I never played it but heard it is fantastic.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo
7. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo Oct 24, 2014, 23:42 Brumbek

Literally 2 minutes ago I was thinking I wish this game had a demo like Civ 5 had. So good times! I appreciate any dev that lets people try the game without having to, um, acquire it other ways just to try it.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs
11. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs Oct 23, 2014, 14:02 Brumbek

This game is looking really good, haters be danged! Over the years the quintessential competitive FPS has gone from Doom 2, Quake 2, CS 1.6, CoD:MW, and Cod:MW3. CoD:AW looks to be the next in line.

I don't care what the haters say. MW3 and AW, both by Sledgehammer, are expertly crafted, high quality shooters. I just can't hate on any game that is expertly crafted and delivers exactly what it promises.

So anyway, my Doom/Quake tournament wins and real-life trophies give me the "street cred" to say CoD:AW is looking real legit. So stop hating on such a well-made FPS.

139 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo