Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brumbek

Real Name Brumbek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A World Power.
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 10, 2010, 20:43
Total Comments 191 (Novice)
User ID 55995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week
11. Re: Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week Jul 6, 2015, 19:18 Brumbek

Task wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 19:06:
I assume by optional movement response, it'll be like Witcher 1 and 2 where he moves near instantly in the direction you choose.
We can only hope! Basically, a movement system where you move when you move, you know like real life!

I find it so funny that the 1.0 movement was so insanely sluggish, making Geralt less agile than my own self in real life. I've never got stuck hugging a door or found myself running in weird little circles when picking flowers. So am I just a ninja or what?!?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tales of Symphonia for PC Announced
6. Re: Tales of Symphonia for PC Announced Jul 3, 2015, 20:28 Brumbek

Malachii wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 17:01:
I agree with what you wrote, and yet I do buy them and play them.
the fighting is typically good in them as well as the grind. Not to mention nice music.

Other than that, I cannot give more reason. But yet I still play them.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate the perspective. This is a series I always try to like but the grindy gameplay and generic JRPG tropes always wear me out. I'll try it again when they come to PC, though! Thanks again for the thoughts.

News Comments > Tales of Symphonia for PC Announced
4. Re: Tales of Symphonia for PC Announced Jul 3, 2015, 16:22 Brumbek

I just can't understand the Tales series. I've tried them over the years, and I found them all very generic with melodramatic dialogue and bad voice acting. Does anyone here like them? I'm curious what keeps people interested in them...  

News Comments > Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC
7. Re: Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC Jul 1, 2015, 13:30 Brumbek

born2expire wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 10:45:
3.25million of perhaps the worst control ever in a PC game.
Hold up now...PC gaming means options. There is nothing wrong with being a PC gamer who uses a controller! Many games work better on controllers (brawlers, 2d platformers, Dark Souls).

So anyway, the controls are fine on PC...if you use a controller...which you should. When we already spend much money on PCs, spending $40 more for a controller isn't a big deal. Anyway, PC isn't about stubbornly using KB/M...it's about having the best of both worlds.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Double XP Weekend
2. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Double XP Weekend Jun 27, 2015, 12:31 Brumbek

McJammiepants wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 18:23:
I bought this. I played 5 hours of sp and 41 minutes of mp. I think a double XP weekend is just what is necessary to bring me back!
I bought this. I played 12 hours of SP and 85 hours of MP so far. I admit these numbers are much lower than the glory days of MW2/3 which both had 150+ hours from me. Still, I love AW and think it is the best CoD ever. To each their own I know, but AW brings back that super-intense Unreal Tournament Facing Worlds CTF feel like nothing else. ...I miss those days...

News Comments > People Can Fly Returns
12. Re: People Can Fly Returns Jun 24, 2015, 19:37 Brumbek

ItBurn wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:06:
Bulletstorm was atrocious, in my opinion. The most linear game ever. Sure the many ways to kill were somewhat entertaining, but it was soooo awful to play. One of the worst shooters I ever played... I'd rather play Call of Duty!
I guess we live in opposite worlds because I adored Bulletstorm. It had so many creative ways to kill stuff. The environmental kills, the myriad weapons, the challenge of unlocking all the combos. To me it was one of the most pure, enjoyable FPS games ever. The tagline, "kill with skill" was honestly spot-on.

So I guess I just don't know what you wanted. You say it was somewhat entertaining but so awful because of linearity? If you wanted open world or branching choices that is one thing, but a quality linear FPS totally has its place IMO.

I've been an FPS fan since the beginning, and I couldn't ask for much else in Bulletstorm (apart from removal of all the childish and crude jokes). Here's hoping People Can Fly are able to update Bulletstorm to remove GFWL and add Steam Achievements.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage Jun 24, 2015, 13:39 Brumbek

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 12:26:
That's cute and all, but I am not buying this until all 72 DLC's and 3 season passes and bugfixes for 51 game breaking issues are released and included in the purchase ;)
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. EA and DICE majorly mistreat their customers, much more than Activision and CoD. CoD wants much money for map packs, but at least all their stuff pretty much works day one!

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jun 23, 2015, 13:01 Brumbek

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 09:48:
Steam already did something like this once, it was called the "potato bag" and involved 30 something games where you had to reach a specific achievement (all those games were on heavy sale too). Anyone who got all games got a golden potato badge and the entire valve back catalog for free.
I totally forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder. I really like how Valve does unique/fun stuff, even if some of their experiments go a bit awry.

News Comments > Evolve Hunting Season 2 Roll Out Starts Next Month
10. Re: Evolve Hunting Season 2 Roll Out Starts Next Month Jun 18, 2015, 14:35 Brumbek

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 09:38:
dangerman77 wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 09:30:
For all 600 of you still playing.
600? Wow a lot of people must have picked it up during the Steam sale
Eh eh eh! I get it!! But yes...I stand by my comments after playing the Alpha: Evolve is fun for about an hour.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Next Month
8. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Supremacy Next Month Jun 13, 2015, 11:53 Brumbek

Shineyguy wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 23:35:
Other way around. MW3 single player was developed by Infinity Ward and multi was by Sledgehammer.
Well...this is a tricky one because Activision really wanted to trick people into thinking Infinity Ward was fine and was making MW3. It was a marketing move. So...we may never know the full truth, but it seems to me Sledgehammer actually was in charge of MW3, with IW given marketing prominence and used as a figurehead.

If you listen to the Sledgehammer guys talk about their history with CoD in some of the AW promo stuff, it is clear they view MW3 as largely guided by them. Plus if you followed the announcements of the game, it was usually Sledgehammer talking about their new engine enhancements, new sound system, colorblind features, and so on.

Anyway, not that it matters much...but it has been fairly known in the industry that Infinity Ward was a total disaster after the real talent left in 2012. I mean...just look at Ghosts, the first entirely new-IW-developed game. It ran like garbage and had so many issues. As opposed to MW3, which was the best performing CoD to date because of one thing: Sledgehammer was in charge.

6. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Supremacy Next Month Jun 12, 2015, 20:11 Brumbek

Shineyguy wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 15:46:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 14:15:
I think a big reason you're enjoying it so much is that they took 3 years to develop it instead of their usual 2. They never spent 3 years on development in the past. There's a lot you can do with that extra time to make a game more fun. I guess my point is they couldn't afford to have 3 studios working full time on CoD games allowing for each to release every 3 years until they exploited the crap out of it.

Well, it's a new dev(new to Call of Duty that is) that worked on AW as well. Not the usual Treyarch or Infinity Ward.
Well, it isn't a new dev technically. Sledgehammer made the Modern Warfare 3 single-player. That was their first CoD game, and it turned out quite well. Sledgehammer is a very talented developer, being the core group of people who made Dead Space at Visceral.

I agree though that having three years to make AW really helped. AW gets so much undeserved hate. Sure CoD is milked to death, but AW as a game is brilliant IMO. For a long-time Doom/Quake/Unreal player, AW was like a homecoming.

1. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Supremacy Next Month Jun 12, 2015, 11:55 Brumbek

I know most of us are done with CoD, but I will say that both the prior AW DLC packs have been really great. They've featured excellent map design, fun new weapons, and interesting zombie gameplay if you are in to that. And this new pack's remake of Highrise will be awesome. Highrise was such a fun map back in 2009.

I really wish we'd gotten AW years ago before CoD was exploited so much by Activision. All these months after release, I still love AW and think it is the most balanced and skillful CoD ever made.

News Comments > Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for PC Revealed
9. Re: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for PC Revealed Jun 3, 2015, 02:24 Brumbek

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 20:46:
Hah, yeah I do remember.. and believe it or not. Your posts and our talks back before xmas in 2014 made me get the game after all. And I am glad I jumped over my shadow on that one.

And yeah, FF13-2 oozed atmosphere and pure love for the game by the developers.

This game is raw pure WEIRD japanese fantasy, and it never once forgets it. And I loved it for it.
You have warmed my deranged heart! So glad I could encourage you to push through and embrace the pure joy of FF13-2. You are so right that it is Japanese RPG at its finest! Those screenshots bring back awesome memories. The mood, the music, the characters...poor Caius...

Anyway, I'm really glad we can connect and share our FF13-2 love. I seriously rank it up there with the all time JRPG greats! Too bad it is wedged between the tedious FF13 and kind of vapid Lightning Returns (I've only played 1/3 of it or so).

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 2, 2015, 21:06 Brumbek

Tom wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 18:49:
RIP Kirill. Truly a brilliant composer. This piece from D:OS really grabbed me and led me to search him out and learn about his work. I never found this lovely rendition of it until now.
Thank you for the links. Kirill was truly a genius and amazing guy. I remember how he offered much of his music for free on his old-school html website for years.

Being a musician and amateur composer, I can only marvel at Kirill's brilliance. His music exuded passion and intensity and ... simply the essence of the human spirit. I truly think he was one of the greats that simply never got recognized outside of Russia and the limited gaming world.

I leave us with this fitting song from Original Sin. The power of this tune, for those who's spirits are open, truly remarkable.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Open Beta
4. Re: Dirty Bomb Open Beta Jun 2, 2015, 20:26 Brumbek

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 18:51:
Well, after Brink...
The developers thought, "What could make our next game after Brink better?" ... "Why, pay-to-win micro-transactions of course!!" Hence, we have Dirty Bomb!

FAIL.

News Comments > Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for PC Revealed
7. Re: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for PC Revealed Jun 2, 2015, 20:21 Brumbek

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 19:51:
So I am the 3rd person here that... actually is interested in this?

I actually, and I am nearly ashamed to say this... really liked FF13-2 ;/ I also want Lightning Returns
eRe4s3r, my good buddy! You are in good company! FF13-2 was BRILLAINT. I remember you and I went back and forth on FF13, which was tedious and annoying but I still liked it. But FF13-2, it is truly one of the best JRPGs ever made. It is VERY sad so many skipped it because of the poor showing of FF13.
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 19:58:
I loved the hell out of FF13-2, I finished another playthrough just before Witcher 3 came out, but I need to spend the time grinding out the rest of the stuff yet. FF13, was one of those...ugh...this shit again with every fight. My sister has them for her PS3 and keeps going on about how she enjoyed LR, well they've got another ~20 something days before spring goes poof. Knowing them they'll just dump it out like they did with 4 and 5.
FF13-2, as I say above, was and is one of the best JRPGs ever made. It has heart and soul and charm and fun and good pacing!

I, too, am waiting for Lightning Returns on PC, which I own on PS3 but haven't had time to play. I just love Lightning. I'm not ashamed about it. I love her brooding, confident personality. So many cry out for female protagonists, and to me she is wonderful. I love her and the rest of the cast greatly!

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter
16. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Jun 2, 2015, 13:54 Brumbek

Just backed at $20 since I've been thinking of buying Wasteland 2 for quite a while now (didn't have time to play before so didn't buy). So basically I'm getting Bard's Tale IV for free considering I was going to buy Wasteland 2 for about $20 when the GOTY update came out.

I almost feel bad for not paying more, but honestly I never played Bard's Tale and never cared much for that genre. But with Legend of Grimlock being AWESOME, I'm glad to support Bard's Tale IV.

I really like inXile. I mean shoot, I even loved their last AAA publisher game Hunted: The Demon's Forge despite it getting slammed by critics and having horrible sales! I still say Hunted was a great game with nice art and interesting lore (and it used Unreal Engine 3, so perhaps Bard's Tale IV will look similar to it!).

News Comments > BioShock Series Has Sold 25M
5. Re: BioShock Series Has Sold 25M May 31, 2015, 16:35 Brumbek

I have one thing to say and no one better dare correct me: BioShock 2 is the best BioShock by far.

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on May 31, 2015, 14:51:
Good for them. Are they not entitled to the sweat from their brow?
Well said! Although not sure Andrew Ryan would approve of 2K Games taking a large portions of the profits from the actual luminaries who made the game. But we can debate the finer points of Objectivism another day.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 12:42 Brumbek

Verno wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:29:
Instant buy on the Bloodborne DLC for me, that shit is GOTY so far. Great game.
Totally agree! I'll buy it no matter it is!

Also mad respect to you Verno for playing Secret of Mana. That is possibly my most favorite game of all time. The memories of playing it as a youth...and it really holds up even today. Anyway, as Niko would say, Be seeing you!

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
40. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 12:21 Brumbek

Verno wrote on May 19, 2015, 12:08:
The volume in the prerendered cutscenes is way too low, I have to crank my receiver to hear them. That would be fine but its not consistent with the in game volume which is waaay too loud after the cutscenes finish.
Yep. I don't know why so many developers struggle with audio levels. It is so easy to do some EQ/compression to increase audio volume. I too had to crank my audio way up and then hope that no stray Windows sound would play and make me go deaf.

Anyway, my i5 2500k and GeForce 680 gets about 40-60 FPS on 1080p Medium settings. I wish I could get more FPS...the performance seems a bit bad considering the game really isn't graphically revolutionary.

191 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo