Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brumbek

Real Name Brumbek   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A World Power.
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 10, 2010, 20:43
Total Comments 214 (Novice)
User ID 55995
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Anno 2205 Expansions & Free DLC Plans
4. Re: Anno 2205 Expansions & Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 13:25 Brumbek
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 09:35:
Personally I think this is the most lazy, dumbed down and boring of all the Anno games so far.. literally "finished it" in less than 30 hours of gameplay (which for a sim builder is NOTHING) and with finished I mean 1m people and corporate rank 103, 30 hours is the time I spent on ONE of the 3 star challenge maps in Anno 1404

Problems are as follows...

The good? It was fun for those first 30-40 hours, but then.. blarghhhhhh once I realized how to insta-win on "Hard" difficulty I literally lost all my drive to even play this game.
I'm saddened to hear this, but thank you for the informative post! I adored Anno 1404 (and made the Unofficial Patch for it, fixing 10,000+ things), but ever since 1404 things have gone downhill.

So sad to see so many features removed, Coop, true AI opponents, scenarios, and so on. Still...I will play it eventually just to put in 30 hours and be done as you did. Looks like Anno 1404 is still the best game ever of the genre, and its still very playable today so oh well.

Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:02:
I look forward to buying the Complete pack sometime next year for five dollars.

Agreed! If they want to cut tons of features and dumb it all down, then I'll gladly pay $5 for it!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released Nov 6, 2015, 12:29 Brumbek
Treyarch continues their terrible PC porting. A history lesson: BO1 had massive stutter and freezing with Intel Dual Core CPUs, which back then were incredibly common. BO2 had stutter and freezing issues with certain CPUs and discreet soundcards, which took them about two months to patch. Now BO3 has huge issues with i5 CPUs, which are the most popular and common CPUs on the market.

The scary part is Treyarch seems to try so hard...but they just don't understand how PC CPUs function. I told myself I might, MIGHT, buy the game if it released in a quality state. No sale for me!
News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2015, 14:03 Brumbek
ItBurn wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 11:00:
Im all for sex equality and all that, but not every game needs to be about equality of sex and race. Sometimes you just want to go on a power trip and save a helpless princess. It sickens me nowadays when they need to put one person of each race in a movie. There's no creativity, you must follow this politically correct mold...
So true...what a quagmire of an issue. The simply truth is women are less physically strong than men, and traditionally they've received way less martial/military training. Hence, it's quite accurate to have way less women assassins/rangers/spartans. Having men save women (and children) is the history of the world. FACT. Fortunately most women are glad men go to war and do the saving. FACT. Heck, I'm glad other men do the saving so I don't have to! FACT.

I will leave now before the feminists can berate me...
News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2015, 13:58 Brumbek
I need a FF12 HD and I need it NOW!!  
News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Tales of Zestiria
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Tales of Zestiria Oct 20, 2015, 13:05 Brumbek
30 FPS lock for gameplay, 24 FPS lock for cutscenes. NOPE. (And reviews are saying the game itself is outdated and messy, so those of us who demand 60 FPS aren't missing much.)  
News Comments > Deus Ex TV Today
1. Re: Deus Ex TV Today Oct 6, 2015, 12:49 Brumbek
I hope it's a new pre-order campaign!! ...  
News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins Aug 26, 2015, 11:25 Brumbek
I refuse to buy another CoD. But I gladly played the PC beta last night to test. It ran so horribly. Multiple crashes. Major stutter. Hard freezing for several seconds. I'm on a nVidia GeForce 680 with i5 2500k CPU. So yes, my machine is older, but it is easily powerful enough to run this game.

So no suprise that BO3 is horribly optimized. I like how they claim they will optimize more before launch...and yet BO1 and BO2 both had major issues at launch...fool me twice...

Also, the PS4 version actually looks better and runs at a better framerate for me (I played both). Again they claim PC will have more graphics at launch...uh huh, right.

BTW, the new movement stuff is way less interesting than they claim. Most games play pretty much the same as all prior Black Ops games. Not impressed.
News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Aug 18, 2015, 21:39 Brumbek
Zanthar wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 21:23:
It's also locked at 30fps.
Ideally I'd like it to be at 15 FPS so I can enjoy each frame of "HD" so much more! ... ... (This was sarcasm aimed at both the deplorable 30 FPS lock and the fairly laughable "HD" moniker considering how little effort was put into the new textures and 3D models.)

PS: If a 60 FPS mod/hack comes out, I will buy the game. If not, NOPE.
News Comments > (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage
6. Re: (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage Aug 18, 2015, 12:16 Brumbek
Wallshadows wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 11:41:
Looked more like Gears of Doom. Either way, dodged a bullet.
Exactly what I thought. This looked so much like Gears with all the third person slow-running and hopping over stuff. I'm just saying in Call of Duty's defense their games don't look or play like this.
News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
12. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 16, 2015, 16:38 Brumbek
First thing: I'm MUCH more upset about the new patch wrongly giving players the two "Beat the game" achievements! I loaded my game up recently (I've barely touched the main story) and instantly received both...that is horrible testing of your patch and fairly inexcusable.

Second thing: can anyone name one Witcher 2 adventure mod? There are basically none (two listed on Nexus, both not good). So that kind of hurts the argument that CDPR is withholding something great from us...W2 and W3 are simply too complicated for users to make adventures.

They gave us scripting and model/texture tools, which is what 99% of modders want. So once again, it is the vocal minority, who aren't even modders, freaking out. Please flame me to oblivion now.
News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Game+ Mode Announced
14. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Game+ Mode Announced Aug 15, 2015, 12:22 Brumbek
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 08:19:
I replayed the first (HR) one 3 times ;p So I am kinda hyped for this.. just hoping it will still give us option for a complete non-lethal playthrough.
Yet another thing we agree on! I played DXHR 4+ times though, so clearly you lack dedication. Also, I'm pretty sure they already confirmed a no-kill option, although they didn't specify if this applied to all boss encounters.
News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
4. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Aug 13, 2015, 19:00 Brumbek
Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 18:10:
Am I the only one who felt that this game was just a re-skin of Civ 5? I wasn't very impressed at all and was hoping for more I guess.
Everyone (except the blindly delusional) feels this way. Beyond Earth is a half-hearted re-skin mod of Civ 5. Very sad. I highly recommend no one buy it!

In fact, I prefer to never speak of it. It is better if we pretend the game doesn't exist. I know they want to sell us the expansion that is going to "save" the game...but it won't. It can't fix the heartless, soulless base-game.

(I'm now going to go to my happy place, which is of course cottage spamming in Civ IV, watching all that money roll in!)
News Comments > Quote of the Day
5. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 11, 2015, 13:08 Brumbek
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 11:49:
Or he's saying Just Cause 2 was beyond terrible, to the point that humanity should be forced to obliterate it from memory and all record, and Just Cause 3 merely sucks so bad you feel embarrassed for everyone involved.
Good summary of both filmmakers. With that said, this dev's quote is highly inaccurate. Just Cause 2 was an amazing game with a really funny story. The dialogue and cutscenes were really enjoyable because they had a purposeful B-movie feel. Hence Just Cause 2 was a sort of satire comedy mixed with crazy action.
News Comments > Diablo III 2.3 Preview
3. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 18:46 Brumbek
ItBurn wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:36:
I'll play when the expansion comes. Who thinks there'll be another expansion?
I sure hope there is! D3 is really amazing now, but it needs new content along with the new gameplay stuff.
News Comments > Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer
15. Re: Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 18:45 Brumbek
Rattlehead wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 17:58:
I gotta say this looks pretty underwhelming graphics wise. Bloodborne looked great but this barely looks better than DS2.
I don't know, I think it looks quite fine, very similar to Bloodborne. I'm a huge graphics guy and totally lambasted them for the horrible DS2 graphics downgrade...but this trailer looks fine to me.

DS3 is never going to have better graphics than Bloodborne. For one, Bloodborne had the artistic support of Japan Studio, an incredibly talented team. But DS3 looks decent to me, leaps and bounds better than the HORRIBLY ugly DS2.
News Comments > Battlefield Hardline: Robbery Announced
2. Re: Battlefield Hardline: Robbery Announced Aug 4, 2015, 18:37 Brumbek
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:29:
"Built as an homage to the beloved Squad Rush"

Ok.. I admit that made me laugh very hard...
EA, masters of delusion!

I will admit I had a ton of fun playing the Hotwire mode during the free Beta. I put a good 20 hours into the game, very much enjoying riding around in circles listening to crazy tunes. Best Beta experience I've had, I believe. It let me get all the fun out of Hardline without paying anything.
News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October
5. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October Jul 30, 2015, 21:16 Brumbek
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 19:39:
Bummer. I thought it'd be here sooner. That's cutting it kind of close to Fallout's release date.

It'll be my first time with WL2, since I was waiting all this time for the (hopefully) inevitable Much Better Version.

But Fallout 4...nothing can come close to Fallout 4. It will consume every moment for months. I know some will balk at Bethesda, but I'm 100% in for Fallout 4.
News Comments > Demons Age Announced
2. Re: Demons Age Announced Jul 30, 2015, 21:13 Brumbek
Yeah...Demons Age name for real? lack...creativity.  
News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
26. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 29, 2015, 13:26 Brumbek
Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 09:39:
The console version of Diablo 3 is much more fun, both in terms of features and the controls being more amenable to frequent input with my ancient arms. Never thought I would say that but uh there it is haha.
I totally agree. As crazy as it sounds, the console version is insanely fun to play, letting you more directly control your character like the recent Victor Vran.

Once 2.3.0/1 comes out, I'm going to be very tempted to buy the PS4 version. But I'm waiting to see if they announce an expansion or not at Gamescom.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 20:52:
I have like... 8 characters on PoE, only one of which has been lucky enough to get a halfway decent chest with 5 link.
Well, PoE requires a lot of study to understand the systems. Getting a 5-Link is not hard. If you are waiting for a 5L drop, you are doing it completely wrong. 5L drops are ultra-rare because the game wants you to collect Jeweller's Orbs and Orbs of Fusing and use those items to create a 5L. It isn't hard to do. So I might suggest that an adjustment to your strategy is needed. In your defense the game doesn't explain this stuff; it wants you to figure it out.
News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
9. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 28, 2015, 20:03 Brumbek
The Pyro wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:15:
Still haven't tried PoE because the F2P aspect turns me off... I want to try Diablo 3 but Blizzard almost never puts their stuff on sale. I'd drop $20 on it easily, but I'm not curious enough for $40.
As noted, PoE is 100% ethical free-to-play. You only pay for cosmetic stuff and stash space. And the game already gives you plenty of stash space. It took me 90 hours before I ran out of stash space and bought more. PoE developer Grinding Gear Games is such a fair, ethical, and honest developer who totally deserves my support.

And about D3, massive respect to Blizzard for continuing to give huge free patches! D3 is so amazing now. The game is easily worth $40!

I've put hundreds of hours into both D3 and PoE. I adore them both. Both have been massively, exponentially improved in this last year with patches and upgrades.

Go play PoE for another month until 2.3.0 of D3 comes out! This is a the best time ever for Diablo genre fans!

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 18:40:
Path of Exile has a lot of interesting aspects, but the basic core of that game, the combat, is inferior to Diablo 3. On top of that, drops for single players are way too low, in my opinion. I don't trade, I have no intention of trading, so don't try to force me(or the many people like me) to have to trade, by having shit drops.

Opinions will differ of course, but I think a lot of people feel similar to the way I do; PoE is still lacking.
I hear what you are saying. PoE combat is definitely technically inferior in the sense of animations, timing, smoothness, and reliability. But PoE combat when you get end game is super-fun too. I'm curious if you ever got a good 5-Link attack skill setup? PoE takes 30+ hours of play to get really fun, which is a downside.

PoE gets crazy fun when you can run Tornado Shot-Faster Attacks-Increased Phys-Increased Crit all together. Or when running a Star Wars Emperor fry-the-screen Arc Witch with Arc-Spell Echo-Lightning Penetration-Power Charge on Crit-Faster Casting setup. Just two examples that are so, so fun.

About drops, I don't trade either and you can do fine with the drops. You just won't ever have the best Uniques...which is ok. You can still play nearly all end-game content playing self-found.

Anyway, I love both D3 and PoE! I was just thinking today that both game styles are great fun. D3 gives you 9 choices in your skills/passives, which is great for quick and easy play with any build at any time. PoE gives you about 250 skills/passives choices, which is awesome for super-intense 10 hour study in building the perfect character. I love both games!
214 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

Blue's News logo