Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brumbek

Real Name Brumbek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A World Power.
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 10, 2010, 20:43
Total Comments 173 (Novice)
User ID 55995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 12:42 Brumbek

Verno wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:29:
Instant buy on the Bloodborne DLC for me, that shit is GOTY so far. Great game.
Totally agree! I'll buy it no matter it is!

Also mad respect to you Verno for playing Secret of Mana. That is possibly my most favorite game of all time. The memories of playing it as a youth...and it really holds up even today. Anyway, as Niko would say, Be seeing you!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
40. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 12:21 Brumbek

Verno wrote on May 19, 2015, 12:08:
The volume in the prerendered cutscenes is way too low, I have to crank my receiver to hear them. That would be fine but its not consistent with the in game volume which is waaay too loud after the cutscenes finish.
Yep. I don't know why so many developers struggle with audio levels. It is so easy to do some EQ/compression to increase audio volume. I too had to crank my audio way up and then hope that no stray Windows sound would play and make me go deaf.

Anyway, my i5 2500k and GeForce 680 gets about 40-60 FPS on 1080p Medium settings. I wish I could get more FPS...the performance seems a bit bad considering the game really isn't graphically revolutionary.

News Comments > Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans
15. Re: Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans May 14, 2015, 17:02 Brumbek

Krovven wrote on May 14, 2015, 14:24:
There is nothing intellectual about PoE players just looking up builds on a website and copying them.
I do my own builds...I only look up stuff once I reach about level 80-85. Then I compare my build to others for fun and learning. You argument might as well say Monkey Island and adventure games are stupid because all you do is look up the solutions online.

Krovven wrote on May 14, 2015, 14:24:
I do intend to give PoE another go, but the last 2 times I've tried it has played like shit. It's clunky and unresponsive. The rest of the game mechanics including the skill tree means nothing to me when it plays like a 20 year old game.
Please! PoE plays like a 10-year-old game, not 20! Wait, um, well the good news is the June/July version 2.0 claims to solve the desync and fix many things. I agree PoE is backward gameplay-wise, but here's hoping for great stuff soonish.

News Comments > Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans
8. Re: Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans May 14, 2015, 12:37 Brumbek

descender wrote on May 14, 2015, 11:51:
D3/PoE/TQ/etc. are all trying to replicate the longevity and success of D2 without really considering why it was played for so long by so many.
I'd like to know how much PoE you've played. Because PoE has countless innovations and actually does take the genre forward. The big appeal of PoE isn't the loot grind but the intellectual pursuit of learning and building amazing characters. Some have said the best video games are those that give you puzzles to solve, ways to learn and adapt. PoE is one of the deepest, most intellectual games ever made. It takes D2's character builds and ramps it up 10-fold.

Anyway, I agree with D3 that it is shallow and grindy. D3's anytime-skill-respec makes character builds almost pointless. But PoE I've played for hundreds of hours despite not caring for the grind.

End PoE defense.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced
16. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Announced May 13, 2015, 02:11 Brumbek

Creston wrote on May 12, 2015, 23:34:
Pre-order now and be the first to experience all the bugs!
You win best post award! Thanks for making me laugh!

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
34. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced May 1, 2015, 13:01 Brumbek

harlock wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 16:50:
Brumbek wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 12:33:
Mordor is more fun if you aren't a pro player.

oh youre a pro player? you make a living playing video games? thats your profession?

and you still find time to talk to all the little people? WOW
You are taking this a little too personally I think. I didn't say I was pro. I said it is more fun if you aren't a pro. You don't have to personally be something to know it impacts your enjoyment.

Simple example: "Pleasant Meadows golf course is a great course, but it isn't very challenging and a pro player would get very bored with the lack of interesting slopes and angles." -could be said by an average golfer who simply recognizes the lack of challenge for pro golfers.

Edit: the two comments below are quite sarcastic and unhelpful and personally directed. I was just giving my opinion before. If I offended you, does that make it right to derail the talk by going after me? I wasn't try to lump you into someone "unskilled noob" group...apologies if my opinion on Mordor has struck such a chord.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2015, 13:07.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
30. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 16:11 Brumbek

Verno wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 12:39:
Of course it was as your followup clearly demonstrates. You don't really address your own failings in recognizing that the game actually has methods of making it more difficult either.
I have trouble addressing my failings because of a troubled childhood.

But seriously, true you can disable the prompts. But the combat still slows down and still is quite obvious in what buttons to press and when. It's not like you can turn the combat into a fast-paced DmC or Bayonetta or something. Hiding the prompts didn't change much for me.

24. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 12:33 Brumbek

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 08:58:
Brumbek wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 02:39:
For those of us who play many, many games and tend to be skilled players, Mordor wasn't very impressive. The combat required a child's intellect and the game world wasn't nearly as compelling as Batman or most AC games.

But for people who don't play many games or don't really study games in depth, they loved Mordor because it was so easy to be an "epic killa" and such.

How wonderfully condescending of you.

Yes, I suppose it did sound condescending. It wasn't my intent. I simply meant not all games can cater to all skill levels. Mordor is more fun if you aren't a pro player. And Mordor did make it real easy for even the beginner gamer to be awesome. I just prefer to work a bit harder to earn my awesomeness.

But I apologize for insulting anyone. Many children's games are fun (I'm probably just making it worse now...).

10. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 02:39 Brumbek

saluk wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 01:31:
Most overhyped game of 2014 for me. Felt totally flat and repetitive. Thought I would be getting the best of batman mixed with the best of assassin's creed in a world I like. But I just found it really boring with no motivation to keep playing.
Agreed. It is interesting to compare people's reactions to the game. For those of us who play many, many games and tend to be skilled players, Mordor wasn't very impressive. The combat required a child's intellect and the game world wasn't nearly as compelling as Batman or most AC games.

But for people who don't play many games or don't really study games in depth, they loved Mordor because it was so easy to be an "epic killa" and such. And for those who barely study art or environment design, they didn't care that most of the areas were repeated with highly formulaic design (similar to many AC games).

So Mordor is the ultimate "you're awesome for dummies" game. It required no dedication, no studying, no discipline. For me, I could see through the charade too easily, my "victories" were empty since I knew the game was handing me "epic" encounters on a silver platter.

But maybe I'm just insane and matching huge slow-mo button prompts is the ultimate combat experience. PRESS Y TO WIN, PRESS IT NOW, ANYTIME NOW. Good! You win!!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released
14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released Apr 26, 2015, 19:15 Brumbek

NOPE!!!  

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
10. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Apr 16, 2015, 13:05 Brumbek

The game is scheduled to launch May 19th, 2015, on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC, and PlayStation®4.
Anyone else notice the bizarre wording here? XB1 gets a tagline: "all-in-one system". Hmm, I think MS paid them to say this any time they mention XB1. Notice PC and PS4 are just listed without fanfare. Let me correct this.

Coming to XB1, at lower resolution because XB1 uses too much resources for nonsense.
Coming to PS4, at 1080p since PS4 is the most powerful console out there.
Coming to PC, at way better specs and faster loading times and higher FPS because it mops the floor with lame consoles.

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
38. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 12, 2015, 16:57 Brumbek

Axis wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 10:17:
The beginning of the game is tough for new players because they don't know the best way to fly through the early content - another thing you'll learn as you play. From knowing what to identify, equipment to use/craft, mobs to fight/avoid, skill synergy, rarity of items/orbs, how to manage the tree, there's much to know. The mechanics start at class creation and only experience will diminish the "clunk" new players experience, it goes away with knowing the game...
Great post about the perils of new players. I love PoE but it is sort of the Dark Souls of the genre, very precise and unforgiving if you don't know what to do.

Anyway, I love both PoE and D3. PoE is the meaty dinner, D3 is the delicious dessert. D3 as others have said is awesome for just mindlessly playing and feeling epic despite not having to actually think or strategize anything.

24. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 19:45 Brumbek

rist3903 wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 18:48:
This game definitely doesn't put its best foot forward. It only really starts to shine once you get to around level 31 to 34 or so.
Very true! The early game is a slog...you move so slow...you have no skill syngeries. And technically D3 blows it away since PoE is a bit clunky, poorly animated at times, and visually questionable.

All that being said we live in a golden age with both PoE and D3 being incredibly amazing games. This expansion is set to make PoE the best it has ever been, and the new D3 2.2 patch has also made that game so, so fantastic.

2. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 12:56 Brumbek

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 12:44:
So much new content in this new expansion. The socketable passive tree nodes is a big game changer. Really amazes me the depth this game offers, and all ethically free to play and absolutely no pay2win mechanic in sight.

Really cant say enough good things about GGG and PoE
Quoted for truth!! This Expansion is making existing players so giddy! Features we've been asking for for literally years. Loot filtering, YES!! A true-wait-for-server-sync mode, YES!! 90 new Uniques? Wow, time for more stash space! I'm totally cool with paying them $15-20 for another stash tab bundle. I can't wait.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed
18. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 21:18 Brumbek

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 18:27:
I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR THIS
You win, sir!! DXHR was absolutely phenomenal. I did four playthroughs. An amazing game. Here's hoping for more great stuff.

News Comments > BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming
6. Re: BF Hardline Patch Notes: Couch Nerf Incoming Apr 2, 2015, 13:47 Brumbek

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 10:35:
When an easter egg is more OP than all vehicles in the game... what does that tell us about the game?
That the developers cannot be trusted...but tell us something we didn't know... but seriously, all the recent BF games have countless balance patches that force you to relearn many mechanics and stats...yet another reason CoD deserves more respect. Advanced Warfare released in a very well-balanced state, and only has adjusted a handful of things. It is that reliability that so many of us appreciate. Please begin flaming me now.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 24, 2015, 21:12 Brumbek

Gotta admire (lament?) the delusion of people who think Sony would bring their killer PS4 app to a rival system. Will never happen. This is unfortunate though...the PS4 struggles to render 20-30 FPS for Bloodborne...oh well, the game is AMAZING regardless.  

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
15. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 13, 2015, 14:25 Brumbek

jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 13:09:
Destiny winning best game is like Transformers winning best picture at the Oscars.
So very true. Thanks for this. Sometimes I think I'm alone in realizing how vapid and insulting Destiny's game design is. Much like how vapid and insulting Transformers is.

Also, defending Destiny because you've played hundreds of hours reminds me of defending slot machines. People engage in both activities quite willingly...neither is quality and both actually do harm.

I'll stop now and never return because I know rabid Destiny players cannot be reasoned with. No offense.

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
56. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 13:11 Brumbek

LittleMe wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:40:
Half the game's total size is due to the included Vogon poetry.
I also want to say BRILLIANT!! Drummer Plus one million for any HHGTTG reference! Now...I want you to tell me how...good...my...poem...was!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc DLC Released - Paid Supply Drops Inbound
6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc DLC Released - Paid Supply Drops Inbound Mar 4, 2015, 03:44 Brumbek

Actually, after playing all four of Havoc's new MP maps, I have to say they are all VERY good. Sadly, the PC player-base will die in a few weeks probably, but credit to Sledgehammer for making four incredible maps. The detail in each map is quite impressive, and each has great pacing and layout. Kudos to them. And with the Zombies mode I do think this is a solid DLC...if you play on console where there is a proper player-base...but those of us with a clue wouldn't dare play an FPS with a peasant stick.  

173 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo