Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brumbek

Real Name Brumbek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A World Power.
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 10, 2010, 20:43
Total Comments 157 (Novice)
User ID 55995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 24, 2015, 21:12 Brumbek

Gotta admire (lament?) the delusion of people who think Sony would bring their killer PS4 app to a rival system. Will never happen. This is unfortunate though...the PS4 struggles to render 20-30 FPS for Bloodborne...oh well, the game is AMAZING regardless.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
15. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 13, 2015, 14:25 Brumbek

jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 13:09:
Destiny winning best game is like Transformers winning best picture at the Oscars.
So very true. Thanks for this. Sometimes I think I'm alone in realizing how vapid and insulting Destiny's game design is. Much like how vapid and insulting Transformers is.

Also, defending Destiny because you've played hundreds of hours reminds me of defending slot machines. People engage in both activities quite willingly...neither is quality and both actually do harm.

I'll stop now and never return because I know rabid Destiny players cannot be reasoned with. No offense.

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
56. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 13:11 Brumbek

LittleMe wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:40:
Half the game's total size is due to the included Vogon poetry.
I also want to say BRILLIANT!! Drummer Plus one million for any HHGTTG reference! Now...I want you to tell me how...good...my...poem...was!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc DLC Released - Paid Supply Drops Inbound
6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc DLC Released - Paid Supply Drops Inbound Mar 4, 2015, 03:44 Brumbek

Actually, after playing all four of Havoc's new MP maps, I have to say they are all VERY good. Sadly, the PC player-base will die in a few weeks probably, but credit to Sledgehammer for making four incredible maps. The detail in each map is quite impressive, and each has great pacing and layout. Kudos to them. And with the Zombies mode I do think this is a solid DLC...if you play on console where there is a proper player-base...but those of us with a clue wouldn't dare play an FPS with a peasant stick.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc DLC Released - Paid Supply Drops Inbound
4. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc DLC Released - Paid Supply Drops Inbound Mar 3, 2015, 21:06 Brumbek

A sad day for CoD. How wonderful was that rainy drop onto the ship at the start of Modern Warfare in 2007. How fantastic were the Spec Ops co-op missions, gunning an AC-130 as you guarded your friend on the ground in Modern Warfare 2 in 2009.

Now...now, we get real money supply drops...yep. A sad day because I truly do believe Advanced Warfare multiplayer is one of the best-designed and skillful FPS games ever made. Too bad it didn't come out 3 or 4 years ago...this is the end of CoD for me. It has been fun, really fun. But paid MTX? NOPE.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 2, 2015, 13:58 Brumbek

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 13:29:
"The Witcher 3 dev says there's 'little difference' between 900p/1080p" at a up to a measly 30 fps...

Yeah, why bother about this console garbage when you can play the PC VERSION?
True about PC obviously. But all these liar developers. 1080p has 44% more pixels. You are getting a massive pixel increase going from 900p to 1080p. It isn't minor at all. What does 44% more pixels mean? 44% more clarity in visual representation.

Anyway, this is the classic "the masses are idiots so they can't tell the difference" fallacy. Maybe the masses are stupid. But objectively and mathematically 1080p is a HUGE increase over 900p.

PS: do the math yourself, or better yet, find a 900p image then blow it up to 1080p. Notice how much detail is lost. Science, folks!

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
18. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 2, 2015, 13:52 Brumbek

Julio wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 12:39:
Glad there's going to be DLC. I was worried there for a moment that EA would actually give you a full game with your purchase.
Well said! If EA didn't let me be all "premium" I would feel so worthless as a person. Then I'd just be a regular fool who paid $60 for a game...a peasant.

Julio wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 12:39:
BF is definitely going for that DLC/microtransaction audience now. I thought the beta was so bad that I wouldn't buy this even when it drops to $5.
Hey, let's be fair now! I previously said I would totally pay $5 for the game...the SP looks interesting enough to pay $5. It would be $5 wasted most likely...but still.

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
8. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 20, 2015, 22:40 Brumbek

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 19:53:
You are actually the bizarre one, you've been getting screwed hand over fist and your handlers boast about it.
Bad logic! If I play a game over 300 hours, then I've gotten tremendous value from it. Especially if it only cost me $100, supposing I paid full price. 300 plus hours for $100 is great. If you can't see how praiseworthy it is for Blizzard to continue improving D3 at no cost to us, then you are jaded and angry.

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
2. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 20, 2015, 19:12 Brumbek

We live in such a bizarre world. So many of us D3 players would really love more stash space. And we, being reasonable, don't mind paying a few dollars for more stash space for a game we have played for hundreds of hours. It is especially fine for reasonably priced stash space DLC because Blizzard has done tremendous work patching their game and adding features that other devs would charge for.

And yet, Blizzard isn't letting us pay for more stash space. Ironic world.

PS: that new currency and paying for XP boosts...now that is GARBAGE. I just want stash space or character slots, both which would be fine to pay small fees for.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards
4. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards Feb 20, 2015, 00:11 Brumbek

Darks wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 21:20:
So, when we see someone riding this thing in game we can all go, hey look at hay loser who paid over 300 day for a Tiger mount.
I admit it is hard to not look at players who paid so much as total suckers. This is an interesting topic we don't see discussed much: the resentment and ridicule of non-paying F2P players against the big-spenders. In this case the game wasn't F2P originally of course...still...

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
15. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 14:08 Brumbek

PHJF wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 13:27:
Sixteen maps is a lot by today's standards. BF4 shipped with ten.
But BF4 also had a SP campaign (of dubious quality but hey) and separate Coop missions. Also, 16 maps is a fairly standard number with most of the semi-recent CoD games having 16 maps. Advanced Warfare only has 13 but each map is very distinct in gameplay and visuals. Evolve maps are all so similar in visuals and layout. So much dark brown.

Multiplayer only games are simply bad values. It is publishers realizing they can release way less content but charge the same price. We should demand proper SP campaigns and Coop OR demand a major price drop. To pay $60 or more for Evolve is to give in to the publishers' greed. In my opinion.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week
3. Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 13:53 Brumbek

NeOCidE wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 13:20:
EA / DICE I promise you I will not be buying this product after the BF4 fiasco.

Visceral get back to making Dead Space Back-to-Roots edition!

Music to my ears!

Although about Visceral...sad to say the key creative people who made Dead Space left and formed...wait for it...Sledehammer Games and made MW3 & Advanced Warfare.

Specifically, Bret Robbins was the creative lead, Scofield the Producer/Creative Overseer, and Condrey the business/developement guy for Visceral. Hence...the chance of Visceral coming with up with fresh, interesting ideas is...low. HAVE NICE DAY.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Double XP - Havoc Trailer
6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Double XP - Havoc Trailer Jan 24, 2015, 13:23 Brumbek

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 05:01:
Game is dead unless you like Vanilla DM....
I get into Domination and Mosh Pit just fine, within seconds. But yes...all other modes besides TDM Dom and Mosh are empty for me. Kill Confirmed occasionally has players, too.

All this "game is dead" nonsense is simply nonsense.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Double XP - Havoc Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Double XP - Havoc Trailer Jan 23, 2015, 23:30 Brumbek

Call me crazy but the zombies mode looks really fun. I recently finished the "secret" zombie mode in Exo-Survivor and it was good times.

Now XBox getting this first...well, that's total rubbish per usual.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences
25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 22:03 Brumbek

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 16:14:
Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 15:04:
Enh, my only real gripe with the game was the lack of a dedicated healer role. I like playing clerics in (C)RPGs. And I wasn't really keen on the mage roles and their spells. Call me old but I prefer old school D&D mages - big ass fireballs, prismatic sprays, Bigby's Clenched Anus, er, Fist. etc.

Once per day.
Ha, now that was funny. I've always found the D&D once per day thing hilarious. I'm a mage and am really useful...for one encounter per day...then I'm deadweight...sound good?!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare "Reverse Boosting" Bans
6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Jan 19, 2015, 13:13 Brumbek

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 12:40:
Is anyone playing this game online right now?

How is the MP?

...the graphics looked pretty dull. I don't know if some of my settings were off ...
I play MP a fair amount on PC. The only mode with enough players is the Mosh Pit mode where the game cycles between quite a few game modes. If you live close to any major population center in the USA, you can get into games without much trouble on PC. I've never had to wait more than 10 seconds to get into a match.

Also, in my 50 hours I've only run into one cheater who actually got VAC banned. So this is the most secure CoD ever, ironically since most people assume it is overrun with hackers like all prior CoDs.

How is the MP? I adore it. I'm an old-school Doom/Quake/Unreal player who loves super-high intensity running, jumping, dodging mid-air fights. AW is crazy fast and not easy. There are so many skillful moves you can pull off. If you want the slow, defensive/camping play of MW1 where people hide in buildings and stuff, you will be disappointed. This game requires constant movement, which I love. I say AW is possibily the best competitive arena FPS I've ever played.

The graphics are quite nice actually. Easily a big improvement from prior CoD games. The texture resolution is really good and the lighting can be very impressive. The detail in the MP maps is really nice too, with things like physics-enabled lights and chains you can run into. But naturally, they purposefully limit the visuals for playability, meaning no huge bloom/god-ray effects or day/night cycles or lens flares. I think this is a good thing, personally, BF4 was too cluttered visually, IMO.

However, on PC there are some issues. Two of the thirteen maps have major issues with loading textures and stuttering for the first minute of the match. The FOV slider keeps resetting if you play SP or Coop then go back to MP. There is some annoying mouse stutter if you don't edit the config files. The SP campaign has a lot of stutter during several missions. In general, it is a typical PC release, mostly great but with some issues.

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
29. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 21:35 Brumbek

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 21:21:
verybad1 wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 14:38:
WTF are there so many damned Zombie games?
...And why are there so damn many rock bands, anyway? I mean, who can listen to all those albums?
Excellent point! I love the music example because it clearly shows how silly it is to worry about how many of something there are. Having many creative artists express their vision of a subject is a good thing.

News Comments > Be John Malkovich in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare DLC
3. Re: Be John Malkovich in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare DLC Dec 20, 2014, 00:44 Brumbek

Cool stuff. I honestly am excited about this. Exo-zombies has so much potential. Plus AW is just the slickest, fastest FPS out there, so it is a tremendous foundation to build a zombie mode upon.

But we'll see! On PC if it is a smashing success it might even help revitalize the community since so few people are playing PC AW.

News Comments > Dying Light Interactive Trailer
5. Re: Dying Light Interactive Trailer Dec 17, 2014, 23:36 Brumbek

Haters will hate, but I loved Dead Island. No other game has had the detailed zombie gore and melee systems combined with 4-player coop and RPG elements. Plus on PC you could easily tweak the wonky controls to make it play great.

So I'm really looking forward to Dying Light. We need more open-world fully co-op games.

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
6. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 13, 2014, 16:03 Brumbek

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 14:56:
If the drops are still as terrible in solo play however, I don't think I'll play long... PoE drops make D3 ultra-rares seem almost common, at least for me.
The drop rates are unchanged, so yes, getting the best ultra-rare Uniques is nigh impossible. What makes this ok for me personally, though, is how robust the Rare item system is and how you can craft your own items now. The addition of the Forsaken Masters (Patch 1.2) really allows for crafting great items that would otherwise require insane luck to find.

So overall, I love how PoE allows you to excel without the need of the best Uniques. D3's initial system was so broken because there was no gear diversity and all that mattered was bigger numbers. In PoE, there are so many different build options that bigger numbers are merely icing on the cake.

Anyway, I love Grinding Gear Games. They are honest and cool guys. They deliver on their promises and they keep PoE truly Free to Play and don't exploit it. This cannot be overstated: they choose put the players first rather than get greedy.

157 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo