Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brumbek

Real Name Brumbek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A World Power.
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 10, 2010, 20:43
Total Comments 78 (Suspect)
User ID 55995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
32. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 14:12 Brumbek

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 12:57:
In this trailer they forgot to include the clunky combat, stiff outdated animations, the generic looking character models, and the bland art design.
Well said! Misleading pre-rendered videos should die.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Titanfall Game Modes Coming
16. Re: New Titanfall Game Modes Coming Mar 26, 2014, 12:37 Brumbek

Seventyfive wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 12:26:
Still the best FPS shooter on the market right now; however, we're getting to the point where it reminds me of LOL before they really nailed down the matchmaking system.
Totally agree on both points. Titanfall is the best, but I personally don't play it because I'm so tired of arbitrary matchmaking. I don't understand why they don't implement a Starcraft II style ranking system and match players based on K/D, hours played, and win ratio and such.

I know this will be controversial, but I don't like how the game (and CoD games) lets a clan stack up 6 players in a party...the game should auto-adjust that to avoid complete pubstomps.

But proper matchmaking will never happen in FPS games I've decided...the developers just don't care enough...hence I'll stick to co-op games.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Mar 3, 2014, 19:53 Brumbek

Singularity is a really great FPS, both gameplay-wise and story-wise. If you are a fan of HL1, HL2, BioShock, and so on, Singularity is worth playing.

The fun bullet-time stuff alone makes the game worth playing. The story, too, I think is vastly superior to BioShock Infinite and other hyped games.

Please do play Singularity. It's too bad it didn't sell well because in my opinion it is a classic FPS game.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems
24. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 26, 2014, 21:55 Brumbek

I need to point out the new patch FIXES the horrible hit detection. This is such a huge plus since now monsters don't cheat and hit you from 10 feet away.

I absolutely love the no auction house and bind-on-account legendary items. Now I know people I play with have earned their stuff, rather than wasted money on it.

Overall, the patch is REALLY good. The smart loot system is very fun, ensuring you actually get good drops. Right now, without new content, the game is still a bit boring. But the expansion may in fact make D3 a VERY strong game, worth playing over the long haul.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend
8. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend Feb 20, 2014, 20:21 Brumbek

What utter marketing lies. The "new next-gen engine" is the SAME ENGINE AS BEFORE. How can they even print this stuff? Somebody should sue them for false-advertising, no joke.  

News Comments > Child of Light in April
1. Re: Child of Light in April Feb 8, 2014, 13:15 Brumbek

Never trust Ubisoft. Ever.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month
23. Re: Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month Jan 21, 2014, 21:15 Brumbek

PropheT wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 15:23:
Totally agree. It's easily my favorite game from the last few years, one of my favorites ever really.
Yeah, the attention to detail in Dragon's Dogma is mindblowing. Plus the balance and challenge is just perfect I think. I just hit level 185 and only now can I pretty much destroy anything Bitterblack throws at me. Very impressive how the game keeps giving you harder stuff but you learn more and get better gear.

And the economy is so well made. Others RPG you get tons of cash and very little to buy, but in Dark Arisen I've always been able to spend everything upgrading gear, including spending Rift Crystals, and yet I never feel like I don't have enough. So well balanced IMO.

PHJF wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 14:29:
My copy of Dark Arisen arrives here tomorrow. As much as I loved Dogma (I got it release week), Dark Arisen being standalone and $40 was a spit in the face to owners of the original.
Well...for me I got Dark Arisen for free on PS+...as much as I'm a hardcore PC guy, I must say PS+ is a phenomenal deal. So yeah, I'll end up with 200 hours in Dark Arisen, so even you buying it at full price is a great deal.

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month
14. Re: Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month Jan 21, 2014, 14:21 Brumbek

Verno wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 12:29:
I still don't know how they produced Dragon's Dogma, the game doesn't repeatedly beg you for money or kick you in the nuts so it doesn't seem like it can really be a Capcom title.

I also am blown away by Dragon's Dogma. I just finished pretty much all the content (took over a hundred hours), and this game is so insanely good. I think the team who made it are the last real creative people at Capcom...the leftovers from the glory days of Breath of Fire 1 and 2 and so on.

And yes...although Dogma does put the DLC garbage in the first loading screens, it is really nice that there is absolutely no in-game DLC notices EXCEPT sadly from one key NPC at Bitterblack Isle (Capcom, you just couldn't resist, could you?).

Anyway, sorry to hijack, but Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen is easily one of the greatest video games ever made in my opinion, not joking. I mean how can you not love a game that has your pawn minions shout out "YOU SHALL NOT CAST!" as they attack an enemy intoning a spell. Glorious.

Verno wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 12:12:
Hopefully they shipped the lighting engine this time.

Ha, very well said! I remember having to install countless mods to make RE4 look decent...tweak mods, huge texture packs, and huge movie packs ripped from the Wii release I believe since it was better than what shipped on the PC!

I just don't think I can handle suffering through RE4's bad controls and ugly graphics again...I did a 100% complete run of RE4 (including all side-stories) years ago and it got pretty tedious.

Any of us remember that insanely long one-on-one pure quicktime event fight toward the end? Ugh...quicktime cutscenes...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 21, 2014, 14:07 Brumbek

"Willy Wonka unavailable for comment."

Love it! Hilarious per usual. ...so am I going to go to prison if I continue to hum "the candy man can"...because prison would be worth it for that sweet little ditty.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 16, 2013, 21:38 Brumbek

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 20:19:
I don't know why DICE even bothers to patch any of their games. They know you suckers are just going to keep giving them money no matter what. Lol!
You've got a point! This is why I still maintain I'd rather play Call of Duty. Sure CoD is the same thing every year, but it functions properly and delivers exactly what you expect. Battlefield games are such disasters...I think people should have ten times the hate for DICE delivering buggy terrible products than for Activision delivering working products that are clearly in demand.

CoD may be boring to some, but at least it isn't broken.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Changes
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Changes Oct 16, 2013, 23:36 Brumbek

I don't mean to stir things up but it amazes me how many issues BF4 beta has, after playing for about 6 hours personally. DICE, after, years of working with BF3 still manages to produce a very buggy, very poorly performing game, with many exploits and balance issues.

On the other hand, Call of Duty games don't use betas but always manage to release in a great, stable, well-performing state (except BLOPS1). Granted, CoD games aren't as expansive in their reach I suppose, but BF4 is so much like BF3 making the "innovation" point a bit moot.

So I'm left to wonder: would I rather have an ambitious "realistic" game that is a mess or a more simplified shooter that runs and plays great even if it is not so complex.

I guess the real answer we all can hope for is simply: Titanfall.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Tower Pack DLC Next Week
1. Re: Metro: Last Light Tower Pack DLC Next Week Aug 31, 2013, 04:30 Brumbek

Deep Silver shall NOT be forgiven for making the Ranger Mode a paid-for DLC. Deep Silver is not our friend. They overcharge for lame DLC. I love Metro, but I cannot support lame DLC cash grabs. Thank you and goodnight.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Inauguration Station Released
4. Re: Saints Row IV Inauguration Station Released Aug 7, 2013, 03:45 Brumbek

Very annoyed that 90% of all the clothes/outfits are taken directly from SR3 The Full Package. Moreover, the outfits are blurry and incredibly low-resolution. So far SR4 seems to literally be a repackaging of SR3 content...which is what most of us feared.

Moreover, the Initiation/Inauguration Station is literally identical from SR3 too, complete with lack of anti-aliasing and horrible lighting. Way to NOT present your game well.

The fact that they didn't bother building a new city either...SR4 better deliver some Infamous level gameplay or otherwise it will just be a big rehash of SR3. ...not pleased so far.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead 400 Days
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead 400 Days Jul 3, 2013, 20:39 Brumbek

Let's see...Walking Dead had major save game issues for many players including myself, constant quick-time events, no proper gameplay, glitchy controls and animations...um, just no. The $10 I paid for the whole season wasn't worth it, and I won't support their "games" anymore.

The story wasn't anything special beyond simple binary choices between who lives and dies. The "emotions" everyone felt was just the result of manipulating feelings toward key characters. True choices has been done before, and done much better.

The tremendous voicework from the two main characters is pretty much what made people love the game. QTE-psuedo-games must DIE. That is all.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light FOV Workaround
12. Re: Metro: Last Light FOV Workaround May 16, 2013, 15:20 Brumbek

InBlack wrote on May 16, 2013, 09:26:
On a side note, anyone try this game is it any good? Should I buy and play through the first one?
Definitely buy the first one and play it. And yes, both Metro's are absolutely brilliant games. They are the modern day Half-Life's. Metro LL is absolutely stunning in every way. It is a must play.

But I'd play the first one first. The second is a direct sequel.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Boost
2. Re: Diablo III XP Boost May 15, 2013, 21:47 Brumbek

"...they are rewarding all players by allowing them to play the game less:"

Love it Blue, love it!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sanctum 2
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sanctum 2 May 15, 2013, 21:36 Brumbek

Here's hoping it has vastly improved controls because the first Sanctum was a fantastic idea totally ruined by clunky, awkward controls.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 14, 2013, 18:40 Brumbek

Cutter wrote on May 14, 2013, 16:58:
Psycho killer ques que c'est....
"I hate people when they're not polite!" (Everyone must immediately watch this, the great music show evar.)

If Kreig spouted random Talking Heads lyrics I'd be very inclined to play as him. As is, paying anything over a few dollars for a new character? LOLNO.

News Comments > Anno Online Open Beta
8. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 18:34 Brumbek

This is just a lame rip-off of Anno 1404 with much less detail, less freedom, and forced micro-transactions if you want to expand.

If anyone thinks this looks interesting, just go buy Anno 1404, which is an absolutely brilliant city builder/economic sim sadly not available on Steam anymore since Ubisoft messed up the patching.

I say this about Anno 1404 after putting 300 hours into it and making an Unofficial Patch that fixes about 10,000 things.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
3. Re: Take-Two Financials May 13, 2013, 21:35 Brumbek

Wow, Red Dead Redemption a top contributor even now almost exactly 3 years from release. I admit I bought a Playstation 3 last December to play Red Dead (and a few other titles like Ni no Kuni). Red Dead has some of the greatest acting, writing, and voice work ever, IMO.

Likewise, I've got 260 hours into BL2, so I've got to give respect to Gearbox for at least making one fantastic game (even though I really dislike Gearbox on the whole for obvious reasons). Just last week in BL2 I heard several enemies shout out hilarious lines I'd never noticed before, even after 200+ hours, so that's saying something!

78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo