Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 274 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: You're wrong and an idiot. Jun 4, 2012, 01:09 AngelicPenguin

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 19:35:
winning on the internet is like winning the special olympics

His post was less hateful than yours. I know this is a commonly used joke, but it wasn't funny the first time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
35. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 14:34 AngelicPenguin

DG wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 13:59:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 13:36:
So the auction house allows you to buy items in game? For what purpose? So that you can skip finding those items yourself?

I've never played any of the Diablo titles (or any MMO). But this mechanic sounds strange. Would I play Jagged Alliance and go online and purchase the best weapon right at the start of the game?
Yep. Though, gear is levelled so you can only really equip the best gear for your level.

But, at least on the lower levels it totally voids all the in-game gear. Even the best stuff I get dropped is several levels behind me so I'm dumping it on the AH and buy my own gear.

Of course everyone else is doing the same thing so at lower levels the market is flooded. Gear that people pick up is useless to them so they're picking up 10+ items to dump it on the AH for every one thing they buy.

Blizz presumably balanced the game assuming people would have maybe one or two levelled items but due to AH being so cheap everything is levelled rare gear with the desired attributes.

I doesn't help that normal is easy anyway. Despite buying stuff pretty cheap I'm ridiculously overpowered, just tanking bossfights. It got really silly when I hit the level where you get sockets in items to put gems in, because of course both gems and socketed gear are very cheap on the AH so I'm running around with multiple +40 strength or whatever when they were assuming I'd have maybe one or two +4.

To be fair the main balance considerations should rightly be the harder difficulties, but a lot of people (probably me included) will only play this game through once and you don't get to play harder settings until you beat normal.

I just didn't use the auction house in normal - was more fun that way.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
23. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 12:49 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 12:46:

This is one of the reasons for being "online only". They can update problems far more quickly without having to involve the client. How quickly people have forgotten the torture of having to wait months for a D2 patch that would fix a shit ton of stuff, but also left glaring problems wide open for months for people to exploit.

Shhh...don't say "online only" in a Diablo 3 thread - that's like saying Voldemort's name

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
139. Re: Diablo III Patch May 30, 2012, 10:53 AngelicPenguin

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 29, 2012, 20:49:
As I've already said, I checked whether he had visited any suspicious links

No offense to you as I see this is an issue you are personally affected by, but I always find this particular quote amusing. Has anyone you ever asked about visiting a suspicious link answered "yes"?

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
95. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 29, 2012, 12:09 AngelicPenguin

Kastagir wrote on May 29, 2012, 11:58:
SectorEffector wrote on May 29, 2012, 06:12:
Sempai wrote on May 29, 2012, 06:08:
Tried logging in, servers are full, got put in a server Queue.

This is awesome!

it's a maintenance update, I hate how we can't even play at all, I work late and this was the only time I could play.. DOH

You bought a Blizzard game that requires that you log in and stay online to play. By giving them your money you've condoned this business practice, so I'm not sure what you expect.

He enjoys the game so he paid for it, but he wishes the maintenance and always online wasn't the case - not very complicated I think.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
52. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 13:22 AngelicPenguin

Alamar wrote on May 25, 2012, 12:59:
Verno wrote on May 25, 2012, 11:44:
(Randomly shoot out exploding chickens that peck the enemy and then explode for AE fire damage)

I would like to second this 'nomination'... : )

-Alamar

Perhaps instead of fire damage it could be poultry damage. Opens up a whole new set of monster resistances that way.

48. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 11:24 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on May 25, 2012, 11:09:
I played a decent amount of D2 (got multiple characters through hell) but never grinded for loot, so maybe I'm just forgetting. What sort of loot was in D2 that we are missing from D3? I am just looking for some specific examples.

If you want a specific loot list comparison I'd have to go dig up some items. I can give you the gist of what some people are saying and a few of my own issues, there are some large threads on the b.net forums with more in depth details and comparisons:

- elemental modifiers from gems are now rolled into items
- Things like poison damage are implemented into straight damage instead of DoTs
- Set item bonuses are mostly incremental (2% to health, etc) and most people don't wear set items without perfect rolls on the stat distro as they don't compare favorably to same level blue/rare loot
- Higher chance to cast on abilities
- Lack of more interesting ability modifiers like teleport, faster hit recovery and so on.
- Items that add to skills/runes
- Some ilvl drop issues between acts/difficulties (big gap between Hell/Inferno gear drops for example)

Luckily all of this stuff is easily fixed up as loot table additions aren't a difficult thing. It becomes much more apparent once you hit 60 and start doing the latter parts of Hell.

Is the gem thing just a flexibility thing? Obviously you are getting elemental modifiers, but you'd like to have more control?
Wasn't poison damage always blah in D2 BECAUSE it was DOT? Again, its been a while
What is a cast on ability?
Others make sense, and thanks for that.

45. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 10:55 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on May 25, 2012, 10:44:
It is Blizz. Again, the game has been out a week. They will level everything out. The drops are happening, just not at the rate which people WANT. Big whoop. I see damn near EVERYTHING on the auction house - so they are out there, just not at the %s people want. The game is less than 10 days old....give it time people. sheesh.

You see this stuff on the AH because people are getting it to drop and that's just the stuff they decide to sell. Loot drop percentiles aren't really the problem, it's the quality of the loot they are getting. Sure they might fix things in time but they aren't going to know what to fix unless people talk about it. People are being pretty reasonable considering this game was a long time in the making and they had a fully fleshed out previous iteration to base a lot of this stuff on.

I've seen this posted by a few different people. I played a decent amount of D2 (got multiple characters through hell) but never grinded for loot, so maybe I'm just forgetting. What sort of loot was in D2 that we are missing from D3? I am just looking for some specific examples.

And this is probably really easy to add at some point I'd assume? Maybe they were massively concerned about balancing loot and forgot some of the fun stuff along the way?

Personally I haven't been bored of any of the loot in D3, but everyone makes me think I should be

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
24. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:40 AngelicPenguin

DrEvil wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:03:
nin wrote on May 24, 2012, 13:57:
RollinThundr wrote on May 24, 2012, 13:53:
Wake me when they're done nerfing classes like it's an mmo and instead properly balance the difficulty levels, and also make legendary items not suck worse than regular magical ones. Terrible design decisions all around with this game.

The thing is, they made all kinds of changes to D2 over the years. And I'm sure we'll see the same thing here.

The difference is that here, the changes are even being made "server-side", and you have no choice as to whether you take the patches.

At least with the older games, if they made changes you didn't like, you could at least finish your single-player game before updating.

Now users that take longer to finish are going to finish a never-ending stream of tweaks to difficulty and gameplay before they even finish their first run through of the game.

Sucktastic.

Funny I would think that was a good thing, but to each their own I guess.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
22. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:27 AngelicPenguin

deqer wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:07:
nin wrote on May 24, 2012, 13:57:
The thing is, they made all kinds of changes to D2 over the years
which is such a fucking stupid thing to do?

You don't see nintendo coming out to people's houses patching their cartridge games do you? Nope. That's what QA team is for; test/fix, and release once.

Stupid selfish greedy companies pushing out shit early to satisfy their own needs to make quick cash, and all you peon people buy into it.

You are comedy gold!

edit: are you paid by bluesnews or something for more web hits? Seriously I see a diablo 3 post, I click the comments and look for your name just to see what angry diatribe you have in store for me. You never fail! :-)

This comment was edited on May 24, 2012, 14:35.

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
84. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 17:54 AngelicPenguin

InBlack wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:51:
You are either A) a Liar B) a Blizzard fanboy C) One of the few people who can play the game without the INFAMOUS STUTTERING, ASSET LOADING ISSUE.

I've never had this issue and I've been playing a ton with a bunch of friends (who aren't complaining either.) Other than the first night when the US servers were taken offline, I've had zero problems.

I'm sorry you have had issues, but that doesn't make the rest of us "liars" or part of a "few."

Anyway, wasn't this thread about Torchlight 2? I found the first one fun, albeit a bit repetitive, so I'll probably get the sequel.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
112. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 17, 2012, 17:36 AngelicPenguin

But...

the game is a hell of a lot of fun though :-)

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
69. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 16, 2012, 10:46 AngelicPenguin

TheVocalMinority wrote on May 16, 2012, 09:48:
This has been absolute gold! Enjoy your shit sandwich bitches - you've signed on for this as the future of gaming.

And whats that smell? Must be shill accounts getting burned trying to spin this (one was a REALLY big surprise I must admit).

Diablo 3 is a great game which entertained me enormously, and I've never even played it!

o...........k..........

What I did was try to login a few times last night and could not, saw the blizzard posting about a US server issue and just went and played something else.

No big deal honestly - it's launch day. Now Diablo 3 simply comes out May 16th instead. Shrug.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
45. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 15:28 AngelicPenguin

Fion wrote on May 3, 2012, 14:15:
I almost feel bad for any MMOG currently in development that comes out after GW2 and features questing, WoW style combat, etc. GW2 really changes things, and for the better. I'm sure WoW clones will always have a market, but by then the rest of us will have moved on to the next generation of MMOG gaming.

The only MMO I ever played was ultima online, which was pretty fun for a little bit with some buddies. Never played WoW, but I watched the really long GW2 videos that show the game off (like half hour of playing it.) It looked pretty, but incredibly boring. I saw a bunch of shooting arrows over and over and over at some tentacle things, lots of little arrows pointing to some new quest which looked like just shooting at things over and over and over.

Maybe MMOs aren't for me, but I'm wondering what is the new thing that GW2 brings to the table that doesn't seem really dull and repetitive.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
42. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 15:20 AngelicPenguin

6) If X = any Indie or Valve title, then comment = "So excited! X will be the best Y style game EVAR!"

I'm pretty sure if its a valve title, it needs to include something about where half life 3 is.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Events
61. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 18:03 AngelicPenguin

So Iím a fanboi because I happen to like the game and enjoy playing Coop with my friends?

Sssshhh...

Don't fight the angst with logic. You can't win. Just enjoy the game in silence (as I am going to do.)

News Comments > Diablo III Witch Doctor Trailer
5. Re: Diablo III Witch Doctor Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 10:44 AngelicPenguin

By far this is the dumbest class in the new game. Get rid of this shit and give us the Druid or Pally back!

Odd - I played through the beta with every character and the Witch Doctor was my favorite. Different strokes I guess...

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer
13. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 22:00 AngelicPenguin

I played through with each character but one, and it took a little over 2 hours each time, so it's certainly longer than an hour.

Granted these are all new characters and abilities, so I was trying different things out with each one.

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
24. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 29, 2012, 10:49 AngelicPenguin

Dades wrote:
So not wanting to update your video drivers weekly

They release the driver's monthly, not weekly. Funny in the hardware world, I always hear of their monthly releases as a positive not a negative. I agree the drivers could certainly be better and game support tends to lag behind nvidia.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
212. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 16, 2012, 23:27 AngelicPenguin

Shitty 2000 era rainbow graphics - FAIL
Ten years to make - MEGA FAIL
Pay to win auction house - EPIC FAIL
Always on DRM - COLOSSAL FAIL

heh, just kidding, I'll buy this day one - the beta is a blast.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2012, 23:32.

274 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo