Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 297 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released
1. Re: Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released Jun 27, 2012, 14:45 AngelicPenguin

Aww - ain't he cute...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near
26. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 21:45 AngelicPenguin

mag wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 20:15:
I'm kind of afraid of what they'll do to the pyro. Pyro and spy are my two most-played classes. Spy's hard enough now that most people have learned to spy check everyone and everything, so I don't want the pyro to get better.

On the other hand, I rather love my degreaser+compression blast+flare gun. I can dominate with that. Please don't take it away.

It's pretty much universally accepted as the weakest class, so I wouldn't expect any nerfs.

18. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 17:41 AngelicPenguin

Wildone wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 17:38:
And its a bit late in the game for a 'meet the..' anything..games been out for so long now its redundant.

You've always got the "is it a he or a she?" argument to answer.

Although the pyro's audio was clearly recorded by a male.

17. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 17:40 AngelicPenguin

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 17:38:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 17:12:
Spy is definitely one of the harder classes to master, and it really depends on how alert the other team is, and how good your team is at providing enough of a distraction for you to slip through the lines and cause some damage.

If any class is a newb class its pyro, you can run in and set everything on fire and die and maybe get some assists because you set everything on fire. But it still takes skill to master, I don't see too many real good pyros, but when I do they're pretty devastating.
Exactly. I very rarely play as spy because I don't find it enjoyable. It takes a lot of time and effort to master when every other class is considerably more fun.

Chain stabbing the cart though is pretty fun.

4. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 14:46 AngelicPenguin

Techie714 ę wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:42:
I thought we already had a "Meet the pyro" video, no?

Not an official one, no

3. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 14:45 AngelicPenguin

deqer wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:42:
Although their "Meet the *" videos are nice, the game TF2 still remains to be overly balanced to the point of being handicapped with it's newbie classes like Spy, or it's random critical hits mechanism; it's just so boring now because there is no sense of skill or control or dominance when you have so many shit random factors like that in the game.

Spy is the newbie class? Are you sure you play TF2?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2012, 19:27 AngelicPenguin

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 14:03:
Threewave CTF is still the best time I've ever had with any mod for any game ever. That flag cap sound had me totally conditioned to salivate. B.F. Skinner would have loved it.

Ya, I remember thinking that I didn't know games could be like this when I played it for the first time.

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
34. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 19:05 AngelicPenguin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 14:21:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 14:15:
Luke wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 13:19:
talk to kotaku but not the d3 forum ok ok

So many of your posts are like fun little riddles. I'm thinking "what is he trying to convey here" with your short little sentences with words that don't quite fit together.

Seems pretty obvious. He's annoyed that they will talk to Kotaku, but not answer these questions in the D3 forums where actual D3 players are asking them.

Ahh - except they have a giant sticky in the forums about this saying what looks like the same thing as Kotaku has. ok ok.

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
11. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 14:15 AngelicPenguin

Luke wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 13:19:
talk to kotaku but not the d3 forum ok ok

So many of your posts are like fun little riddles. I'm thinking "what is he trying to convey here" with your short little sentences with words that don't quite fit together.

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
92. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 11:21 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 11:11:
Yeah I feel like the whole fraud defense isn't really much of one. Steam, Origin and other services have to deal with this sort of criminal activity on a daily basis. Blizzard themselves had to deal with it in WoW pretty much from the start.

The only logical thing I can think of is that there are very few games where you can profit in real cash like this one (at the moment.)

This makes me think the order of magnitude must be much much higher than those other services, which caused Blizzard to take such a draconian measure.

I think it's terrible, though, and feel they should just not sell it digitally until this is figured out.

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
84. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 10:57 AngelicPenguin

pagb wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 10:43:
Verno wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 10:30:
Why is the onus on the customer to solve Blizzards problems for them? They just want to play the game. Restricting all digitally purchased accounts because of spammers/fraud is complete overkill. Again, its like making all pots drop no gold because someone was botting it. People like to explore, bust things (in fact environmental effects were even a marketing point) and collect stuff. Diablo 2 managed to thrive despite rampant exploits, account theft and unauthorized third party activity.

While I absolutely agree on the exploration, Pindleskins, chest runs, and all the odd stuff people agreed with Diablo2... and still goes on after 11 years (and it is retarded to nerf pots and so), I just arrived at a point that I can't tolerate gold spam anymore, seriously, It's all over me. We've come to a point where farmers/cheaters/whatever are doing absolutely their worst, completely ruining games, and NO game at all can seem to get rid of them. And you realize about all the effort those morons put into it when you see extreme measures like this.

Yes, the measure is excessive, but no one forces you to buy from bnet and pay for that, there are dozens of retailers that will offer you a bs free game for less money than bnet.

That's true and all, but I ordered the digital copy originally because it was convenient. I hope at least that they make this painfully obvious when purchasing a digital copy. I feel like if they feel the need to do this, then don't sell the game digitally at all. I would be pissed if I bought a game on steam, then found out the full game won't unlock for 3 days.

News Comments > EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire
64. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 19:09 AngelicPenguin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 14:49:
Verno wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:30:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:02:
He did say they were going to change that though, right? He seemed to be eating crow on that one in the reddit forums as I recall.

Sure, to his credit he owned up to it and took responsibility for overriding the team. Unfortunately it still remains unchanged. They seem to be able to hotfix nerfs almost at will but making positive changes to the game is glacial. Normally in the past these things arrived together in a patch so things would offset each other a bit but now they are just feeding the perception that they want the game to be punishing and work-like, only allowing the player to enjoy themselves in a narrow controlled manner.

The more I hear about this game, the more it seems like you need to have some serious masochistic tendencies to really want to play it...

Not really - you could play 5 characters through 60 up until inferno and it would present a fun challenge without being too bad. That's easily 100 hours worth of gameplay if you like the click click click kill and loot style of game.

At this point and time, ya inferno is rough and it does feel really unfair at times, but I don't know if I'd say that was a proper way to judge the game as a whole.

63. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 16:56 AngelicPenguin

Creston wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 16:21:
Asmodai wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 03:14:
http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/

Read down, nuff said. Tim was a big voice for how good the game was before it came out, read his experience with his monk.

Sounds like an awesome game...

What baffles me is that Blizzard did the exact same thing in Diablo 2, so how the fuck were people not expecting them to do it in D3? In D2, they nerfed corpse explosion to utter worthlesness, which at the time totally fucked over my hardcore level 53 necromancer. And in D2, you couldn't "respec gear" to a different build to keep going. My 40ish hours that I had put in that necromancer were just FUCKED. I tried playing with him, and he couldn't stop a fucking goblin anymore.

Blizzard didn't give a shit, and this was before they had the sanctity of their precious RMAH to worry about. So why would they give a shit now?

People complaining about Blizzard nerfing shit into utter uselessness need to wake up and realize who they're fucking dealing with. Blizzard cares about your MONEYŚnot about you having fun.

Creston

I remember the uproar about that well. As I recall it scaled with number of players, so that it was super strong and they nerfed it to one player amounts. To be fair, it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too strong

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
65. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 21, 2012, 14:53 AngelicPenguin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 19:29:
Well, I for one, am glad I am a part of D3. Having a blast, as are all the people I play with. I skip a lot of AAA titles - glad I didn't miss this one.

Yup Party2

News Comments > Diablo III Patched in Americas
58. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 21, 2012, 14:44 AngelicPenguin

shihonage wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 19:59:
Blizzard treats this game like WoW, and they expect people to put up with their bipolar ups-and-downs of damages and costs heaving high and low.

They release an unpolished beta, and use the public as free testers.

Don't want to upgrade to latest version? Want to keep previous version and stick to LAN play, perhaps?

Hahaha. You're fucked, sir.

P.S. this is just the beginning of failure cascade that will strike down SAAS (software as a service) model. The company where I work thinks SAAS is the future, but it is not. It is an old idea with the same problems that cannot be eliminated, and it will die off, and everyone who embraces it fully will die with it.

Eventually, even Blizzard.

I recall the same complete outrage when blizzard nerfed corpse explosion in D2 soon after release. I do get that it's annoying, but in the end I believe you get a better game out of it.

59. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 21, 2012, 11:02 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 09:10:

Completed nightmare yesterday. A more fun than normal but still a bit boring. Is it normal to not get a single rare from bosses the entire playthrough? Getting one from elite packs but not from bosses.

Yeah that was Jay Wilson's brilliant inspiration. He overruled the design team and said that there should only be guaranteed rares the first time you kill a boss on Normal which is why you see blues on the other difficulties. Nothing like killing Hell Belial and getting 4 blues. In a way it is almost indicative of their design approach in general with this game. They have this absurd obsession with getting people to run packs, as if pack repetition itself is somehow better than boss runs.

He did say they were going to change that though, right? He seemed to be eating crow on that one in the reddit forums as I recall.

21. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 20, 2012, 12:49 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 11:06:

So far the patches have been two steps forward, one large step back and I hope with the next patch they ditch this attitude of nerfing anything "fun" that can be abused. Diablo is an ARPG first and foremost, they need to remember that.

I've noticed the same thing. I think if they wanted to nerf attack speed a hidden modifier would have actually been better because attacking fast is FUN.

News Comments > Diablo III Down for Patching
29. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 17:34 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:51:
Haha wow, Demon Hunters got it harsh with the IAS and NT nerfs. I think my Wizard does more damage now. I hope they take another look at that, the glass cannon style of play suited them well. Sitting around in a shitty vit/all-res setup makes that class boring as hell.

So is the IAS nerf, for example, an item with +8% attack speed is now +4%?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Civilization V: Gods & Kings
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Civilization V: Gods & Kings Jun 19, 2012, 13:43 AngelicPenguin

Unfortunately from some of the early reviews "massive" is a bit of an overstatement.

I really liked Civ5, though, so I'll probably pick it up anyway.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
44. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 16:28 AngelicPenguin

JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 16:18:
Yeah, I'm crazy, I've got issues, can't help it. I'm batshit insane. The minimap makes me want to gurgle lava, get gingivitis, and stick herpes swabs to my eyes. Please tell Blizzard to give us the ability to modify the minimap, then message me when they do. Before something bad happens. And so I can enjoy the game. Thank you!

All work and a large minimap makes JohnBirshire a dull boy

297 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo