Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 288 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
34. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 17:33 AngelicPenguin

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:28:
To me this genre is a $20-$30 sell point. This is retro. You want your
$60 then make it 3D, like a Borderlands but with Diablo lore. But then again I'm wrong because it was the fastest selling pc game ever at $60. But to me that just proves how much people are up Blizzards ass and don't measure things equally. A top down is a genre indies and kickstarters do. They need to release a 2012 game, which would be a FPS/ePS view that still plays like Diablo.

Did you try hellgate london? It attempted that and it was a train wreck. I don't see how the perspective in a game changes the price point anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
32. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 17:27 AngelicPenguin

Hornet303 wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:30:
It's sad. I told myself I wont click on the Comments link anymore on this site, but I wanted to see the patch notes. It's almost like clicking on a link in an email that you know that you should just type in the URL yourself.

I started gaming on the PC in the early 80's and still keep up OK with the new releases on both console and PC. Its just sad to be able to predict how many people will post on any D3 news article who bash the living crap out of this game.

I bought D3 on release, Im playing 5-10 hours a week with friends and having a good time along the way. 1/2 way through nightmare right now.

Anyway, it just bums me out that the PC scene is so angry all the time. Its like seeing a spokesman for a certain group on TV representing your group. I just keep saying to myself "we're not all that bad, some people are content".

A lot of folks like the game, they are just quiet about it. I think that's pretty typical of forums anyway. At least with this particular game, if you are enjoying it, you can feel content that the game sold a ton.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Announced
19. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 9, 2012, 20:02 AngelicPenguin

netnerd85 wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 19:53:
Antdude wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 19:31:
netnerd85 wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 19:17:
This does indeed sound like a horrible idea.

Yeah, increasing visibility for your upcoming game by promoting it to a massive built-in audience on one of the biggest online gaming presences in the world, is a dumb idea. /sarc
If that crowd is made up of a bunch of dbags that only buy COD, then yes.

Are you sure you're in the right place? I think most blues news visitors have steam and probably buy a lot of games on it. I thought the COD hate was directed at the console users - never heard of it used for a PC service before. Learn something new...

12. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 9, 2012, 18:59 AngelicPenguin

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:58:
Is anyone actually reading the article?

This has nothing to do with crowdfunding. Game Y isn't on steam, either it didn't pass the approval process or it's stuck in the approval pipeline. Devs get a space in steam to promote their wares and get in contact with the community to drum up interest and get feedback. Community can push valve to approve the game.

So as an add-on to the internal approval process you now have a community version.

No money mentioned anywhere. This is for getting content ON steam, not developing it. No money.

Who has time for reading when there is so much bitching to be done! Come on now, priorities...

10. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 9, 2012, 18:57 AngelicPenguin

Dr.Del wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:49:
This is a direct rip off of Kickstarter's success with Steam taking a cut of the profits.

Shame on Newell.

Pretty sure this has zero to do with funding a game and all to do with deciding if it gets listed on steam for digital distribution.

8. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 9, 2012, 18:49 AngelicPenguin

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:18:
Dades wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:04:
An interesting project, crowdsourcing project viability and approval for Steam distribution. I'm not sure publishers will need this kind of thing but it will probably be a big deal for small teams.

Valve isn't making enough on digital distribution, they need a cut of the kickstarter like funds directly as well. They sound more and more like EA every day.

Kickstarter? I didn't see any mention of money, just a way to gauge interest.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Confirmed
16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Confirmed Jul 6, 2012, 12:02 AngelicPenguin

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 11:41:
You know, I really tire of Valve's smarmy attitude at times. What a dickish thing to say. You can't just come out and state the date outright? Or maybe no one at Valve is "interested" in doing this and it won't happen untill someone is, right?

I suppose you could if you wanted 0 games to be sold the few days prior.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Confirmed
9. Re: Steam Summer Sale Confirmed Jul 6, 2012, 11:18 AngelicPenguin

Rhino wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 11:12:
I didn't realize that there was much in the way of significant concern that it wasn't going to happen;

I know. How could anyone honestly think valve wouldn't put on something that annually makes them a ton of money.

News Comments > Civilization V - Gods and Kings Demo
12. Re: Civilization V - Gods and Kings Demo Jun 29, 2012, 11:57 AngelicPenguin

Sepharo wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 08:49:
Wow you guys really hate city states. Like I said in an earlier post I'm usually allied with all of them and it makes a ton of difference. Happiness through the roof because of the tons of luxury goods they tend to give.

Ya I play the same way. I think I'm just a softy at heart.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops
14. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 16:10 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 13:57:
Krovven wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 13:36:
Link please.

Sure, this is the Bashiok post on the Natalya Set bonus accident and how it caused them to start re-evaluating their direction in some things (balance, retroactive item changes, etc). I hope many more examples will follow and kudos to Blizzard for listening to the player feedback and having an open mind.

I love how 2 million LVL 60 Diablo3 players are jumping up and down for joy over this hotfix, but little do they know that the quality of those items are nerfed down, and will still require AH/RMAH to get the best items for play that Blizzard themselves , generate in there.

The entire item DB is known dude, there is nothing on the AH that can't drop aside from artisan items. Same is true of the actual item modifiers and properties. There isn't any grand conspiracy here, you can do a side by side comparison of the RMAH, gold AH and the actual drop DBs if you don't want to take my word for it.

Ya sounds like you might get your exploding chicken gun after all.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Updated
4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Updated Jun 28, 2012, 12:13 AngelicPenguin

Baudkarma wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 11:40:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 11:18:
Okay apparently I don't have to wait for someone to mod in pyro vision as they've already done it.

Yeah, but I bet they totally stole the idea from you.

My favorite part of the update is that when my pyro gets a kill, the brain slug gets credit. All my pyro gets on the kill board is an assist.

I thought the brain slug change was awesome too.

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released
1. Re: Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released Jun 27, 2012, 14:45 AngelicPenguin

Aww - ain't he cute...  

News Comments > Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near
26. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 21:45 AngelicPenguin

mag wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 20:15:
I'm kind of afraid of what they'll do to the pyro. Pyro and spy are my two most-played classes. Spy's hard enough now that most people have learned to spy check everyone and everything, so I don't want the pyro to get better.

On the other hand, I rather love my degreaser+compression blast+flare gun. I can dominate with that. Please don't take it away.

It's pretty much universally accepted as the weakest class, so I wouldn't expect any nerfs.

18. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 17:41 AngelicPenguin

Wildone wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 17:38:
And its a bit late in the game for a 'meet the..' anything..games been out for so long now its redundant.

You've always got the "is it a he or a she?" argument to answer.

Although the pyro's audio was clearly recorded by a male.

17. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 17:40 AngelicPenguin

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 17:38:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 17:12:
Spy is definitely one of the harder classes to master, and it really depends on how alert the other team is, and how good your team is at providing enough of a distraction for you to slip through the lines and cause some damage.

If any class is a newb class its pyro, you can run in and set everything on fire and die and maybe get some assists because you set everything on fire. But it still takes skill to master, I don't see too many real good pyros, but when I do they're pretty devastating.
Exactly. I very rarely play as spy because I don't find it enjoyable. It takes a lot of time and effort to master when every other class is considerably more fun.

Chain stabbing the cart though is pretty fun.

4. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 14:46 AngelicPenguin

Techie714 wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:42:
I thought we already had a "Meet the pyro" video, no?

Not an official one, no

3. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 14:45 AngelicPenguin

deqer wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:42:
Although their "Meet the *" videos are nice, the game TF2 still remains to be overly balanced to the point of being handicapped with it's newbie classes like Spy, or it's random critical hits mechanism; it's just so boring now because there is no sense of skill or control or dominance when you have so many shit random factors like that in the game.

Spy is the newbie class? Are you sure you play TF2?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2012, 19:27 AngelicPenguin

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 14:03:
Threewave CTF is still the best time I've ever had with any mod for any game ever. That flag cap sound had me totally conditioned to salivate. B.F. Skinner would have loved it.

Ya, I remember thinking that I didn't know games could be like this when I played it for the first time.

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
34. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 19:05 AngelicPenguin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 14:21:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 14:15:
Luke wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 13:19:
talk to kotaku but not the d3 forum ok ok

So many of your posts are like fun little riddles. I'm thinking "what is he trying to convey here" with your short little sentences with words that don't quite fit together.

Seems pretty obvious. He's annoyed that they will talk to Kotaku, but not answer these questions in the D3 forums where actual D3 players are asking them.

Ahh - except they have a giant sticky in the forums about this saying what looks like the same thing as Kotaku has. ok ok.

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
11. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 14:15 AngelicPenguin

Luke wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 13:19:
talk to kotaku but not the d3 forum ok ok

So many of your posts are like fun little riddles. I'm thinking "what is he trying to convey here" with your short little sentences with words that don't quite fit together.

288 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo