Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 346 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
16. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 12:00 AngelicPenguin

Cram wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 21:18:
Gold needs a better use in the game; except for the first week of making a new seasonal char where Forgotten Souls and Gold are scarce for rerolls, it becomes useless quickly afterwards.

I'm sitting on over 2 billion in season 2 just by doing GRifts and it keeps on growing. Wtf am I supposed to do with it?

I've blown a billion on a single item re-roll, so I'm sort of glad with the way it is. If gold was more finite, then when you get to 20 million per re-roll it would get really frustrating.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More LucasArts Games on GOG.com
10. Re: More LucasArts Games on GOG.com Mar 19, 2015, 18:35 AngelicPenguin

Always loved Loom.  

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Mar 11, 2015, 13:10 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 14:11:
The article makes some good points but doesn't really propose any real solutions. The volume alone makes Greenlight tedious for everyone involved but curating content by staff had its own set of complaints from devs/users. Perhaps some sort of hybrid system is best, I don't know.

Ya I felt the same way about it. If something isn't working, complaining about it is fine if you also offer some possible solutions/alternatives.

Maybe they don't have any, but then I probably wouldn't complain about something I can't think of a way to do better.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
41. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 16:02 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 15:55:
you guys are frcking delusional,, the ONLY way to do a 50 plus GRift is with a DH and a WD carries you ass all the way through it. I Really want to see you make a Video of your so called Awesome Barb and show me in a GR 40 plus taking on the GRift boss all by your lonesome self and lets see how long it takes you to kill that GRift boss.

I get that you don't actually play the game much more so your brother does, but just take a look at the solo Barbarian leaderboards. It was even linked to you earlier - they top out at 51.

39. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 15:52 AngelicPenguin

Keilun wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 15:41:
2.2 looks like happy days for WW barbs though. That Skull Grasp and new IK Set for perma fury and WotB should make for fun times.

I still don't think it'll make them desirable at the competitive high end GRs, but I don't particularly care about that. I just like to mess around with builds.

Seems so!

My favorite way of playing the game is to go efficient mode and play the OP builds/sets to get the items for fun mode.

In T6 as long as your build isn't horribly optimized you can play it with almost any skills with some modicum of success.

34. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 14:32 AngelicPenguin

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:11:
Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 11:12:
Sorry, but you are full of shit. The Barb is horrible. The only classes anyone will play with are Monks, DH and WD's and Crusaders all other classes are considered worthless to the higher tier players. And monk's barley fall into that category, they are only useful as Palm Monks.

Sorry, buttercup, the facts don't lie:

Barbarian can do up to GR 50 just like all the other classes. Just because you fraternize with elitist min-maxing metagame assholes is no proof of a class being bad. Half DPS and half zDPS tank/control groups are popular because it allows a lot of people to participate in higher tiers than they'd otherwise be able to. There's less skill and quality gear required.

Exactly - there are some folks who just want to push GR as far as they can. In those groups and in that game mode, the only classes they want to use are the most optimal - DPS DH, CC/Buff Crusader, CC WD.

Here's another example - pet WD. Not the greatest build in the game, but very solid and can go reasonably far in GR. Pretty tanky, with solid crowd control, etc.

It COMPLETELY falls apart in speed T6 runs, however due to a lack of AOE burst damage (and really fast movement skills.) Some folks ONLY speed T6 runs, so for those people they think pet WD is horrible.

For one part of the content, they are notably mediocre to poor but for mid to upper GR, they are pretty decent.

I would never consider pet WD horrible (far from it), but they excel where Raekor barbs have issues (single target), and fail where Raekor barbs excel (movement speed and AOE.)

31. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 14:23 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:53:

Yes, he can SOLO. lets make that clear and say it in slow motion. SOLOOOOOO!!! but that's about all he's worth. He cant kill Single Target Rift bosses very well when it comes to the much higher Rifts. he lack DPS. He can not keep up wit many of the other classes. So rant all you want about how great he is and keep living In that delusional realm you seem to like. because the reality is he's still worthless at the end of the day.

Buddy, relax. The only one who seems to be ranting here is you.

You have already told me that I'm full of shit, etc, while I've been nothing but polite.

I've stated my case. You apparently think highest tier group GR is the only metric that matters, which I do not agree with at all because if that was the case then EVERY class/build but the three would be horrible (to use your words.)

They simply do not have a role in the super groups that is not better performed by another class.

17. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 11:29 AngelicPenguin

ItBurn wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 11:19:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:49:
Tim Collins wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:43:
d2 was solid, d3 sucked because the same people that made d2 had moved on to bigger and better things and the rejects were left to make d3.

Hellgate London was bigger and better?

Might as well rant here. Hellgate London is the best/most advanced diablo clone ever. I LOVE that game. Sure, it didn't deliver on its promises, angered a lot of people, and isn't perfect, but it was still a damn fun game. Its systems are better than D3's in every way. It's now free to play too and there's enough content to go forward into the "main quest" for... ever. It saddens me deeply that its failure means that we probably will never see a similar game again. Borderlands is a joke compared to this. Borderlands has a much better story though...

I really really didn't like it, but it's nice to see that it has it's fans. I don't like Borderlands either, though.

16. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 11:27 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 11:12:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:48:
Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 09:48:

And please don't tell me otherwise, I play with my Brother who plays this game non stop and is well over level 700 on the paragon levels. And we see it all the time, no one wants to take Barbs on the Greater Rift runs over level 35.

Sorry to tell you otherwise, but Raekor's barbs are pretty darn good. They are in fact the fastest T6 clearer in the game and are really good in GR. The reason no one wants to take them is the most damage done in the game is Demon Hunter's BY FAR, so Barb just didn't fill any role in higher GR. Nor does Monk, Wizard, or any DPS Crusader or WD.

The roles are 2 DPS DHs, one CC/buff Crusader, and one CC Witch Doctor. Until other classes can match the dps of DHs or the CC/buffing of the two best support classes, it's going to remain that way if you want a really good high level GR group, unfortunately.

Sorry, but you are full of shit. The Barb is horrible. The only classes anyone will play with are Monks, DH and WD's and Crusaders all other classes are considered worthless to the higher tier players. And monk's barley fall into that category, they are only useful as Palm Monks.

Raekor's barbs are the fastest solo T6 clearer in the game. T6 is still a great way to acquire gear. I will certainly grant you, that a Raekor's barb is not particular welcome in many groups simply because they are so ridiculously fast, it makes most other classes feel like they are not contributing.

Where Barbs are not needed is in the highest level of GRs where it requires a coordinated team of roles, but like I said most other classes/builds aren't used there either except for 3 specific builds.

So my point is simply that you are using one metric - higher GR, to decide that "The Barb is horrible." This metric is not even the best way to acquire gear (far from it) - it is simply the most difficult content for leaderboards. So if you consider Diablo a loot gathering game (which it is), the Barb excels at it. He's just not particularly group friendly.

And I'm not sure where you are getting Palm monks from - EP was basically removed out of contention when they got rid of it scaling from monster health, unless you are talking about the current PTR, where it is making a comeback.

11. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 10:49 AngelicPenguin

Tim Collins wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:43:
d2 was solid, d3 sucked because the same people that made d2 had moved on to bigger and better things and the rejects were left to make d3.

Hellgate London was bigger and better?

10. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 10:48 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 09:48:

And please don't tell me otherwise, I play with my Brother who plays this game non stop and is well over level 700 on the paragon levels. And we see it all the time, no one wants to take Barbs on the Greater Rift runs over level 35.

Sorry to tell you otherwise, but Raekor's barbs are pretty darn good. They are in fact the fastest T6 clearer in the game and are really good in GR. The reason no one wants to take them is the most damage done in the game is Demon Hunter's BY FAR, so Barb just didn't fill any role in higher GR. Nor does Monk, Wizard, or any DPS Crusader or WD.

The roles are 2 DPS DHs, one CC/buff Crusader, and one CC Witch Doctor. Until other classes can match the dps of DHs or the CC/buffing of the two best support classes, it's going to remain that way if you want a really good high level GR group, unfortunately.

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
59. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 14:14 AngelicPenguin

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 09:09:

At this point I'm sure they are holding the series hostage in order to have a killer app for Linux-based Steam machines if Microsoft really does pull out the rug under their feet with future iterations of Windows where a Steam app might be put under severe restrictions and regulation.

The tinfoil is strong with this one.

News Comments > Diablo III CDR Changes to End Perma-Immunity
6. Re: Diablo III CDR Changes to End Perma-Immunity Mar 4, 2015, 14:00 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 13:50:

I never once saw where I was invulnerable for any long length of time. No Idea where that's coming from. I have had my ass handed to me more times then I can count.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying but it is very possible to gear a monk for permanent Serenity. You give up a decent amount of damage, but on some monk builds that's the best way to clear the highest GR levels.

And I believe they are shortening the cooldowns, but simply making it so that it isn't possible to chain them together.

Perma-whatever generally seems like a bland way to play, so this seems like a reasonable change to me.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 17, 2015, 23:03 AngelicPenguin

Correction - "5 PS4 games set to raise the console visual bar in 2015."  

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
24. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 18:47 AngelicPenguin

Undocumented Alien wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 16:47:
Anyway, I know he was hit by this because he told me...outright said he's going to GD.

Grim Dawn is still in Early Access (Pre-Beta) and won't be "Ship's Ahoy" for quite a while. Also, to date, Grim Dawn is more of an 'Old-School' ARPG where they aren't making customers play online (Thank God) and MP/COOP will probably be Network/IP, so I'm not sure how much of a market there will be for Gold Farmers.

Funny how "Diablo Online" was touted (by Blizz and their army of apologists) to alleviate us from cheating... funny that... ODRM period... hasn't stopped economy problems or cheating and your forced to play a SP game online. ODRM seems to be the trend as of late.

Well, let's be fair here a bit. No one would say that always online would alleviate botting. Botting is just running scripts from your own machine. They need to either detect what you are running or have ways of identifying botting behavior (24/7, being reported, etc.)

What always online has stopped is item duping. The only duping (that I'm aware of) that ever happened in Diablo 3 was from account restores. When you could trade items they did at one point change account restore items to bound on account, but obviously that's no longer an issue.

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
16. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:53 AngelicPenguin

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 12:12:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:57:
What was he doing?

Isboxing mostly with bots, not long after release I was at his place and watched him run four bots at once that automatically got and sold gear on a consistent basis. He actually makes a living off such tactics in various games in a 250k house, no job.

Anyway, I know he was hit by this because he told me...outright said he's going to GD.

Sorry to say, but not sad to see him go. Glad they came down on the botting.

Isboxing is most definitely legal, but obviously not with bots.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 5, 2015, 13:09 AngelicPenguin

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 10:33:
I'm not giving them another penny in advance after how they have failed to properly communicate PoE delays to the backers first. If they don't give a shit about their backers, I'm not giving a shit about them.
I'll be getting the PoE expansion for free due to my pledge level. A possible PoE 2 will be a bargain bin purchase sub $9.99 at most for me.

PoE is already a taken acronym for a game.

News Comments > Hearthstone Undertaker Card Nerf
4. Re: Hearthstone Undertaker Card Nerf Jan 28, 2015, 19:26 AngelicPenguin

InBlack wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 18:09:
I hate nerfs. Why cant they buff other shit instead, there are a ton of useless cards in Hearthstone that no one is using. And I really mean utterly completely shit useless.

Because that leads to unnecessary power creep. If you have an outlier, fix it, you don't buff everything else to its power.

News Comments > Into the Black
32. Re: Into the Black Jan 28, 2015, 13:50 AngelicPenguin

Once the original cast could no longer do the movie, I no longer think it matters who they cast as long as the movie is funny.

And I'm one of the ones who think Ghostbusters 2 is fine. It's got plenty of funny moments (basically most of the time Bill Murray is on screen.) The actual plot is significantly worse than the first movie, but you were never going to recreate that magic anyway (as someone pointed out Matrix, or for a movie closer to the time, Temple of Doom.)

News Comments > Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably)
6. Re: Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably) Jan 28, 2015, 13:40 AngelicPenguin

InBlack wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 09:50:
And the winner is?? Oh right there is no clear way to see that because, we removed any fucking logic to D3 and the battle.net 2.0.0.0.0. experience. Enjoy playing your single player game online.

I keep trying to figure out why there are three other guys in my single player game.

346 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo