Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 287 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2012, 19:26 AngelicPenguin

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 11:03:
Too bad, without the shooting it looks like TDKR might have set the record for a release weekend.

Do those records ever matter? Without inflation I always find them amusing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found?
26. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 19:11 AngelicPenguin

shihonage wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 18:59:
Diablo 3, like Terminator 3 and Aliens 3, does not exist.

DOES NOT EXIST.

I didn't think Alien 3 was THAT bad, although a pretty big letdown from the first 2. The CGI alien was especially egregious. Now Alien 4, THAT was bad. One of the worst movies I've ever spent money on in a theater.

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found?
20. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 17:48 AngelicPenguin

NKD wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 11:03:
Do we really need a new post about every bug or bug report? And why do you only cover Diablo 3 bugs? I try not to be that guy who goes "Why are you posting things I'm not personally interested in??" but in this case I think its just a matter of a threshold of newsworthiness that just isn't being met.

If this was an extremely popular title here I could understand more coverage, but in fact the game is quite hated and no longer played by the Blues crew for the most part.

Check the comment counts on diablo 3 posts and you'll see a trend.

News Comments > Fortnite To Use Online DRM?
37. Re: Fortnite To Use Online DRM? Jul 19, 2012, 16:22 AngelicPenguin

ASeven wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 15:28:
Beamer wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 15:19:
Seriously? "Cunts."

You're a good man, there, ASeven.

And there is no publisher for this. Epic, being very, very wealthy, hasn't had a true publisher relationship. Ever. And this is already looking like it will be self-published. It's almost definitely online-only and probably f2p. Epic has more than enough cash to do that on their own, probably a few dozen times over. In the past publishers were used solely for marketing (and they now have an in-house team and are hiring) and for distribution (which would now be Steam and maybe some other digital storefronts.)

I call them for what they are, if you can't handle raw honesty find something else to read then. I call as I see them and yes, they are very much a pack of cunts who only whine about PC piracy and people not buying their games while producing derivative crap all the time.

You are getting pretty epically worked up there (ba-da-bump)

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
25. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 11:43 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:34:
More players generally only dilutes your MF

I'm glad someone else tweaked onto that one, its been bugging me for awhile. Why does other peoples MF affect mine in a game with instanced loot? Why does a supposedly multiplayer designed game actively punish you for playing with other people? Why does balance matter in a segmented game with few persistent elements? So many things are totally at odds that it feels like they just don't have a handle on any strong overall design goals.

You can tell they really didn't think a lot of these changes through. Many of them were made in the latter half of their pathetic version of beta that tested essentially nothing other than the battle.net infrastructure. Overhauling the entire rune system a month before release without testing was another head scratcher.

Ya it also just makes it an annoying stat to calculate. ok, there are three of us - he has 60%, he has 95%, and if I put this on I'll have uh...

24. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 11:41 AngelicPenguin

eunichron wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:35:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:31:
Steele Johnson wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:24:
Blizzard is now my new "one trick pony" developer. WoW was a huge success and they've proved that their new games aren't at the same level of quality or enjoyment. $60 for a thrown together hack-n-slash; I feel like such a sucker for purchasing it. An indie developer could have done a better job in a shorter period of time and put a price of $15 on it.

Wouldn't it at least be a three trick pony with Warcraft, Diablo and World of Warcraft?

Diablo 1 & 2, WarCraft 1, 2, and 3, StarCraft 1 & 2, and the first 4 years of World of WarCraft... I think that makes them a 7.5 trick pony.

Well I was lumping the similar games together since everyone says Blizzard remakes the same games over and over.

19. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 11:31 AngelicPenguin

Steele Johnson wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:24:
Blizzard is now my new "one trick pony" developer. WoW was a huge success and they've proved that their new games aren't at the same level of quality or enjoyment. $60 for a thrown together hack-n-slash; I feel like such a sucker for purchasing it. An indie developer could have done a better job in a shorter period of time and put a price of $15 on it.

Wouldn't it at least be a three trick pony with Warcraft, Diablo and World of Warcraft?

12. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:42 AngelicPenguin

deqer wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:08:
Does anyone care about any news on D3 unless the news is "Online-only DRM removed."

Since you asked, yes.

News Comments > Raimi Off World of Warcraft Film
10. Re: Raimi Off World of Warcraft Film Jul 18, 2012, 16:11 AngelicPenguin

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 13:03:
Wallshadows wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 12:03:
Just throw a bunch of money at Peter Jackson until he says yes.

Didn't he get 15% of LOTR or something? Peter Jackson is gonna do whatever Peter Jackson wants to do, for the rest of his life.

Peter Jackson's wife will tell him to make more money.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2012, 11:00 AngelicPenguin

nin wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 10:29:
Well, Linsanity didn't last long

Yea!

As a Rocket's fan I wish he'd stayed in NY too.

News Comments > Diablo III Game Limits Returning
49. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 17:08 AngelicPenguin

PHJF wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 16:53:
People spends thousands (even hundreds of thousands) on a rock (diamond), so I don't see why it should surprise you

Diamond is available on this planet in a finite quantity and will generally only ever go up in value. A few lines of code can always be replaced by... a few more lines of code.

And do you really not understand the problem with this? Markets only work when they are reasonably free. "The Diablo III Market" is quite obviously run by and for Blizzard. It's a scam. If you buy into it you've been scammed. If you don't realize this you're retarded.

Charming...and markets work by supply and demand. No demand, no market.

News Comments > Diablo III Game Limits Returning
45. Re: Diablo III Game Limits Returning Jul 17, 2012, 16:23 AngelicPenguin

Flatline wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 14:52:
PEOPLE ARE SPENDING HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON A VIDEO GAME WEAPON. A FEW LINES OF CODE AND A FUCKING PIECE OF ARTWORK THAT IS STORED ON A SERVER SOMEWHERE.

People spends thousands (even hundreds of thousands) on a rock (diamond), so I don't see why it should surprise you. You'd go nuts worrying about what wealthy people spend their money on.

News Comments > Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Announced
35. Re: Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar Announced Jul 12, 2012, 14:52 AngelicPenguin

Linthat22 wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:41:
It's just a shame that this is another IP ruined by the EA juggernaut.

Ultima VII and VII part 2 were/are great.

Number was 8 was a tragic disappointment, such a shitty shitty game. But when I saw preview screens of Ultima IX Ascension; when it was still isometric; I got hopeful about the series. In the end it was a pain in the ass shit game (less shittier than 8, but still shitty).

I dunno - I thought 7 was the best after 4, but I didn't think 8 and 9 were THAT bad. 8 relied way too much on reflexes, but they patched it up ok (even back then!) and 9 was decent if you got it to run. It was just horribly buggy and slow.

But still if I were to rate them they are clearly the worst of the series. (Well I never played the first 2 to be honest.)

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
59. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 11, 2012, 11:07 AngelicPenguin

Undocumented Alien wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 11:03:
I mean how long could it take to provide an interface to trade items? The interface isn't even particularly good.

Well, they have to integrate into Pay Pal and other money channels, so it probably wasn't 2 days of coding and testing. That takes time out of the project schedule period. So lets say they used 15% of their project schedule for RMAH, that took away from the core game.

I suppose its certainly possible. But the trading part of items and integrating with paypal could certainly be done by someone who was not designing the core game and I would find it surprising if the same folks were working on that piece. And 15% of a game the size of Diablo 3 to simply integrate with a payment system seems a bit of a high estimate. I've actually done that work myself as a developer and it's not particularly difficult.

56. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 11, 2012, 10:47 AngelicPenguin

Undocumented Alien wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 08:41:
D3 is the same, the devs spent to much time on the RMAH and not enough on the main gameplay.

I dunno, that just seems like speculation. I mean how long could it take to provide an interface to trade items? The interface isn't even particularly good.

I think they just made a lot of design decisions to try to balance things and ended up watering things down too much.

49. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 11, 2012, 01:12 AngelicPenguin

Bhruic wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 00:17:
As much as people like to claim that Diablo 2/LoD had more character customization, no one likes to talk about how their first few characters were totally useless because they put a skill point or stat point in the wrong ability or stat.

That's nothing but hyperbole. There are no characters that become completely useless because of a single skill/stat point.

Whether you believe it or not there are a multitude of builds that are successful in Diablo 3, including melee wizards, ranged barbarians... hell I've even seen people mess around with melee demon hunters to some degree of success.

And what "degree of success" are you using? How far in the game do you have to get to be "sucessful"? You can't make the claim a single skill point gone awry will make a character "totally useless", and then claim that as long as you've got "some degree of success", the character is fine.

Go look at how many viable Hell builds there are for characters in D2, then go look at how many viable Inferno builds there are for characters in D3. You'll find there are more for D2 than D3.

Well to be fair, hell in 2 is far easier than inferno in 3

43. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 19:06 AngelicPenguin

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 18:52:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:33:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:28:
To me this genre is a $20-$30 sell point. This is retro. You want your
$60 then make it 3D, like a Borderlands but with Diablo lore. But then again I'm wrong because it was the fastest selling pc game ever at $60. But to me that just proves how much people are up Blizzards ass and don't measure things equally. A top down is a genre indies and kickstarters do. They need to release a 2012 game, which would be a FPS/ePS view that still plays like Diablo.

Did you try hellgate london? It attempted that and it was a train wreck. I don't see how the perspective in a game changes the price point anyway.

Side Scrollers - Indy - Reduced price.
Top down / 3 Quarters - Almost all cheaper and mostly indy now.
I do think perspective plays a role.

HellGate was a wreck for so many reasons. I've played other good FPS/3FPS type games, but people don't seem to see them for what they are, a Diablo clone with a different perspective. What is Diablo? Other then perspective, it's fast action level based RPG with a never-ending desire for better loot. To me bringing that into a 2012 perspective is what the leaders should be doing. D3 as-is shouldn't take that many years to make, it's old game play and design, Indies can do it (less RMAH).

Borderlands is probably the best known example of bringing Diablo gameplay into an updated perspective. D3 is a retro game. That said I do like retro games, but I do look for more out of our development leaders.

I'll have to agree to disagree. I didn't like borderlands and hated hellgate london, so I was thrilled they were making diablo 3 in the same vein as the previous titles.

Most AAA titles are first or third person, so maybe that's why they get the big price tag typically. There are plenty of first person budget titles released though.

40. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 18:44 AngelicPenguin

Luke wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:40:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 15:15:
Well i already made my money back from the cost of the game thru the RMAH, i got more use and fun out of the game than 99% of every other publishers titles. I understand that d3 is a let down for most, but when you put it in perspective it still blows most other games away even in its current state. Bliz just raised the bar so high that noone could deliver on it, enraging nerds everywhere, sucks for you guys i guess. As for me i'll be taking a break and picking it up again when the pvp arena's get introduced for even more value on my money spent....err gained? Hmmm free fun.

Oh you made some dime there good for you.
Now take that pos rmah out and what do you have....right welcome

Uh fun that cost $60?

39. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 18:38 AngelicPenguin

Dades wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:44:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:33:
Did you try hellgate london? It attempted that and it was a train wreck. I don't see how the perspective in a game changes the price point anyway.

Hellgate London failed for reasons totally disconnected from its concepts and game play.

I thought the whole idea of it being first person was the first nail in the coffin. Granted the environments all being the same were probably it's worst offense, but I never enjoyed playing a diablo style game from that perspective.

34. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 17:33 AngelicPenguin

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:28:
To me this genre is a $20-$30 sell point. This is retro. You want your
$60 then make it 3D, like a Borderlands but with Diablo lore. But then again I'm wrong because it was the fastest selling pc game ever at $60. But to me that just proves how much people are up Blizzards ass and don't measure things equally. A top down is a genre indies and kickstarters do. They need to release a 2012 game, which would be a FPS/ePS view that still plays like Diablo.

287 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo