Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 297 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Info Incoming
25. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 17:56 AngelicPenguin

DG wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 14:30:
I'm not sure it's at all a realistic prospect to get through Hell without the AH. Well maybe if you farm and get lucky, but with the AH you don't need to farm at all until Inferno (I didn't anyway, possible the AH market has changed since then).

None of my characters touched the auction house until inferno. I leveled four (Monk, Witch Doctor, Wizard, and Demon Hunter) of them up at the same time keeping them all at the same level. I didn't have to farm any act, so I can assure you it can be done.

I feel the game was balanced around playing that way as
a) you get decent or good drops fairly regularly
b) the game presents a somewhat challenge even late nightmare and a nice challenge in hell

As has been stated many times, if you regularly use the auction house below 60, you obviously won't get many good drops as you have bought some of the best gear at your level. The better your item, the harder it is to find a good drop to replace it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Info Incoming
23. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 16:57 AngelicPenguin

deqer wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 14:18:
DG wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 13:12:
  • In either case, why buy anything on the AH with no idea how it'll pan out after the patch.
  • ^ this is why patches suck and you should not support patches. Patches used to be good back in the day when games weren't rushed and a patch really was a patch. but these days, patching is just a way for the corps to take advantage of you.

and you'll never know what that patch may contain. in most cases, it will be a patch you disagree with. cool, eh?

be sure to educate your kids to avoid supporting this.

Yes, I have learned from my years of gaming that most patches are created so that corporations may begin to track you. If you then contact another non-gamer, they can then track them too. Once they are tracking everyone you come into contact with, they then begin to steal everyone's assets. Once everyone's assets are stolen, they then fire the kill switch and eliminate them as they can no longer contribute to the corporations expansion.

So you should ask yourself, the next time a patch is released with the innocuous description of "fixes crash to desktop," what are they REALLY fixing, and do you really want the kill switch fired on YOU?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    45. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 7, 2012, 17:48 AngelicPenguin

Matshock wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 14:01:
    DrEvil wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 13:39:
    Matshock wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 12:57:
    I don't want national health care. I don't even care if you understand why- the evidence against such a thing being beneficial is so overwhelming that only a blind ideologue could ignore it.

Really? Care to point at some of that evidence from a neutral third-party? Why is the USA the only major, developed economy country that doesn't have it? Some of the greatest minds in history (such as Stephen Hawking) are only alive today because of national healthcare programs in their respective countries.

Healthcare should be provided for every member of a society; a "rising tide lifts all boats" as they say. Any economist will tell you that until you take care of the basic needs of a people in a society, they won't have disposable income to inject into the economy.

I'm not wasting time- you're a true believer so let me just tell you how I feel personally because I think that will have more impact.

If the .gov provides my health care then I know they must also control me to moderate their costs: what I eat, what I drive, if I can have children and how many, if I drink, if I smoke (that includes your beloved weeds kids), if I'm armed, if I exercise, how old I'm allowed to be, if I 'm allowed to survive cancer, etc., etc. etc. And all the same applies to all my family that I am responsible for.

No thank you. And don't bother telling me it won't happen, it already is happening.

Grandpa? I didn't know you visited blues.

In all seriousness though, at least you only get one vote.

News Comments > Sacred Citadel Announced; Sacred 3 Next Year
    11. Re: Sacred Citadel Announced; Sacred 3 Next Year Aug 7, 2012, 16:58 AngelicPenguin

El Pit wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:48:
    ItBurn wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:42:
    I hated sacred 2.
    This looks kinda fun.

I liked Sacred 2.
    This looks kinda 1986.

Liked sacred 2 as well - pretty decent on a console.

News Comments > Standalone DayZ Coming
    37. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 16:55 AngelicPenguin

LittleMe wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 14:48:
    It's like they don't really care.

Bit of a stretch you think?

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Change Plans
    17. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 17:25 AngelicPenguin

Optional nickname wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 15:40:
    Welcoming also TL2, but I know Runic games is now tainted with Blizzard's bribes to delay their game further on purpose, so I may have to ignore their game too.
    /cheers Bluesnews.

o.......k........

News Comments > Dungeons of Dredmor DLC Released
    3. Re: Dungeons of Dredmor DLC Released Aug 2, 2012, 03:25 AngelicPenguin

Interesting - I've loved me some Angband for years. Might have to give this one a go...  

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found?
    37. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 25, 2012, 14:07 AngelicPenguin

DG wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 13:40:
    AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 13:00:
    I also remember at the very beginning of the movie, two aliens injure themselves to escape a prison cell or something. I remember realizing at that moment this movie was going to be a train wreck, since that seemed so out of character with what they had shown aliens do in the past.
    IIRC 2 aliens bullied and killed the third.

Even worse!

35. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 25, 2012, 13:00 AngelicPenguin

Dades wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 21:26:
    Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 21:21:
    Online-only will never and never was intended to prevent exploiting the built-in game functionality (such as the recent exploits being so very newsworthy lately).

It was intended to help them quickly remove them and was a factor in their decision to go with online only so the resulting loss of offline access is the same regardless.

I liked T3 and Alien 3. But yeah, Alien Resurrection... what the HELL? I mean, that was mindblowing just how bad it was. It made the two AvP movies look like high art by comparison. My disappointment with it has rarely been matched. Incidentally, discovering Diablo 3 was being made as a DRM-laden, half-assed MMO tied to what amounts to a Nigerian Prince email phishing scheme was one of the few times it has been equaled.

Sigourney Weaver had a lot of creative input that turned out to be terrible, the studio and director had some conflicts and there were several script rewrites. The whole production was a mess from start to finish, too many cooks in the kitchen. The original whedon script is actually really good, it's a shame they didn't just go with that.

I had no idea whedon wrote the original script. I don't even remember the movie that well any more as I only watched it the one time in the theater. I remember thinking a lot of how it was trying to be like a bad comedy version of the second movie, but then the movie was just over the top violent in ways that weren't enjoyable to watch.

I also remember at the very beginning of the movie, two aliens injure themselves to escape a prison cell or something. I remember realizing at that moment this movie was going to be a train wreck, since that seemed so out of character with what they had shown aliens do in the past.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    36. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2012, 19:30 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 14:21:
    We have an awesome Panny plasma, a pretty decent sound system and leather seats with cup holders

That's my man cave to a T, so I rarely go to the theater (having a 4 year old doesn't help either.)

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2012, 19:26 AngelicPenguin

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 11:03:
    Too bad, without the shooting it looks like TDKR might have set the record for a release weekend.

Do those records ever matter? Without inflation I always find them amusing.

26. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 19:11 AngelicPenguin

shihonage wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 18:59:
    Diablo 3, like Terminator 3 and Aliens 3, does not exist.

DOES NOT EXIST.

I didn't think Alien 3 was THAT bad, although a pretty big letdown from the first 2. The CGI alien was especially egregious. Now Alien 4, THAT was bad. One of the worst movies I've ever spent money on in a theater.

20. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 17:48 AngelicPenguin

NKD wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 11:03:
    Do we really need a new post about every bug or bug report? And why do you only cover Diablo 3 bugs? I try not to be that guy who goes "Why are you posting things I'm not personally interested in??" but in this case I think its just a matter of a threshold of newsworthiness that just isn't being met.

If this was an extremely popular title here I could understand more coverage, but in fact the game is quite hated and no longer played by the Blues crew for the most part.

Check the comment counts on diablo 3 posts and you'll see a trend.

News Comments > Fortnite To Use Online DRM?
    37. Re: Fortnite To Use Online DRM? Jul 19, 2012, 16:22 AngelicPenguin

ASeven wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 15:28:
    Beamer wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 15:19:
    Seriously? "Cunts."

You're a good man, there, ASeven.

And there is no publisher for this. Epic, being very, very wealthy, hasn't had a true publisher relationship. Ever. And this is already looking like it will be self-published. It's almost definitely online-only and probably f2p. Epic has more than enough cash to do that on their own, probably a few dozen times over. In the past publishers were used solely for marketing (and they now have an in-house team and are hiring) and for distribution (which would now be Steam and maybe some other digital storefronts.)

I call them for what they are, if you can't handle raw honesty find something else to read then. I call as I see them and yes, they are very much a pack of cunts who only whine about PC piracy and people not buying their games while producing derivative crap all the time.

You are getting pretty epically worked up there (ba-da-bump)

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
    25. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 11:43 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:34:
    More players generally only dilutes your MF

I'm glad someone else tweaked onto that one, its been bugging me for awhile. Why does other peoples MF affect mine in a game with instanced loot? Why does a supposedly multiplayer designed game actively punish you for playing with other people? Why does balance matter in a segmented game with few persistent elements? So many things are totally at odds that it feels like they just don't have a handle on any strong overall design goals.

You can tell they really didn't think a lot of these changes through. Many of them were made in the latter half of their pathetic version of beta that tested essentially nothing other than the battle.net infrastructure. Overhauling the entire rune system a month before release without testing was another head scratcher.

Ya it also just makes it an annoying stat to calculate. ok, there are three of us - he has 60%, he has 95%, and if I put this on I'll have uh...

24. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 11:41 AngelicPenguin

eunichron wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:35:
    AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:31:
    Steele Johnson wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:24:
    Blizzard is now my new "one trick pony" developer. WoW was a huge success and they've proved that their new games aren't at the same level of quality or enjoyment. $60 for a thrown together hack-n-slash; I feel like such a sucker for purchasing it. An indie developer could have done a better job in a shorter period of time and put a price of $15 on it.

Wouldn't it at least be a three trick pony with Warcraft, Diablo and World of Warcraft?

Diablo 1 & 2, WarCraft 1, 2, and 3, StarCraft 1 & 2, and the first 4 years of World of WarCraft... I think that makes them a 7.5 trick pony.

Well I was lumping the similar games together since everyone says Blizzard remakes the same games over and over.

19. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 11:31 AngelicPenguin

Steele Johnson wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:24:
    Blizzard is now my new "one trick pony" developer. WoW was a huge success and they've proved that their new games aren't at the same level of quality or enjoyment. $60 for a thrown together hack-n-slash; I feel like such a sucker for purchasing it. An indie developer could have done a better job in a shorter period of time and put a price of $15 on it.

Wouldn't it at least be a three trick pony with Warcraft, Diablo and World of Warcraft?

12. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:42 AngelicPenguin

deqer wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:08:
    Does anyone care about any news on D3 unless the news is "Online-only DRM removed."

Since you asked, yes.

News Comments > Raimi Off World of Warcraft Film
    10. Re: Raimi Off World of Warcraft Film Jul 18, 2012, 16:11 AngelicPenguin

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 13:03:
    Wallshadows wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 12:03:
    Just throw a bunch of money at Peter Jackson until he says yes.

Didn't he get 15% of LOTR or something? Peter Jackson is gonna do whatever Peter Jackson wants to do, for the rest of his life.

Peter Jackson's wife will tell him to make more money.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2012, 11:00 AngelicPenguin

nin wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 10:29:
    Well, Linsanity didn't last long

Yea!

As a Rocket's fan I wish he'd stayed in NY too.

297 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 10.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo