Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 297 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
47. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 12:05 AngelicPenguin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 11:55:
InBlack wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 08:07:
Sempai wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 23:55:
And of course no PC from these douche bags.

Fuck you Rockstar, just..fuck you.

One of the reasons why I dont support them anymore, they released GTA4 on the PC like a whole fucking year after it appeared on the consoles. Needless to say I didnt buy it, they can go fuck themselves for all I care.

I wont even mention the fact that RDR was NEVER ported to the PC. Dont support those pricks, dont buy their games.

Wow. Calm down.

I will buy it for console and PC.
A lot around here say SA was the best version, and it looks like this will be an upgrade to that. I am a gamer, I have most systems released and buy great games for all systems. You will be missing out.

No...just no!
My system good - other systems bad.
Anyone who doesn't make games for my system is evil. You know who else didn't make games for PC? Hitler

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
14. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 11:57 AngelicPenguin

1AngryGamer wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 10:52:
Armengar wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 06:15:
Well I think im still the only person having fun. You see, I like "the patrician" type games and I see D3 as being a hack n slash with a trading meta game included.

I love the D3UP.com website, If im on the AH then I have that site in my second monitor and D3 on windowed in my primary.

I might be niche but I still like D3. Finally completed it with my WD the other day, spent about 5M all in so not exactly a powerhouse build. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KK20-2930/hero/11514245

overall I like the new patch. keep it coming!

Spoken Like a true WoW Raider. In a game as lame as World of Warcraft number crunching and standing around on Panda Raids watching numbers float over people's heads is all there is to do. It is good to see that other Blizzard titles can pass on the legacy

Living up to your name.

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
22. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 17:40 AngelicPenguin

Great monster power discussion going on.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
42. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 17:01 AngelicPenguin

descender wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 16:16:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Descender-1363/hero/16469414

I guess calling my monk a "self founder" is a bit of a stretch. I mostly geared him with stuff I found while playing my WD. My WD has some GAH items (the legendary neck i found though) from before the 1.0.4 patch, because the class was just very broken. I just got my monk physically into inferno the other day, and his gear has been... waiting for him

Before you ask... I've been collecting cold resist gear for use with the one with everything passive... and crit chance gear basically. I use deadly reach/scattered blows because teleporting all over the place with thunderclap gives me a headache. He's going to need another upgrade or 2 before he "walks right into act 2" solo... but I rarely play by myself anyway, and post 1.0.4 that makes everything insanely easier.

I found about 1000 life on hit makes act 2 pretty easy for a monk (you'll note my off hand is pretty lousy but has a really nice life on hit boost.)

Cyclone strike - nice. That's easily my favorite monk skill. I run that when I game with friends (which is usually.) Demon hunters and witch doctors love me for it. Although I run the rune that let's me spam it.

36. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 16:19 AngelicPenguin

Undocumented Alien wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 16:10:
If you farmed late game inferno

FAIL! You have to farm late game inferno to get good stuff in D3. Anytime a game makes me FARM for "interesting" loot it will be shelved relatively quick.

Your honor, I rest my case.

Pretty sure he said you farm late inferno to get upgrades, not "interesting" loot. The really interesting stuff are the new legendaries, and the lower level ones drop quite a bit now actually.
(They increased the drop rate for lower level legendaries significantly.)

30. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 15:59 AngelicPenguin

descender wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 15:50:
My inferno level monk is entirely geared with stuff I found on my own, mostly while playing my WD.

Got a profile link? My main character is a monk myself, so just curious to see another self founder's gear.

Here's mine btw: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GunnersDream-1109/hero/4018642

I can run act 2 pretty easy with that gear for my monk, so I swapped out a nice damage boost, all resist, spirit regen legendary helmet that I was using while I was initially struggling. (And yes, the legendary was self found too.)

27. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 15:48 AngelicPenguin

descender wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 15:08:
It irritates me that people can't get their head around the fact that you don't have to touch the auction house (real money or gold) to play diablo 3.

If you DO touch it, that means you are changing the bell curve for your equipment upgrades, and basically removing thejoy of finding any upgrades from the realm of possibility.

Yup, two characters restarted with no auction house whatsoever and I currently have them both in act 2 inferno. I probably find one upgrade every few hours still. (3 legendaries since 1.04.)

If you want the best you can get in the shortest amount of time, use the AH. If you enjoy finding your own upgrades, don't (some of my friend's refer to me as "Amish" for not using the AH.)

News Comments > Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report
29. Re: Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report Sep 20, 2012, 14:44 AngelicPenguin

nin wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 13:14:

It's equally amazing to me how companies with zero project management, Valve and Blizzard for example stay in business.

Would you really want a valve product on based on some managers dictated timeframe?

Hell, Blizzard can't get it right half the time even when they do take forever...

I know, working in the software industry and hearing someone refer to project managers in a positive light is amusing.

News Comments > Morning Previews
17. Re: Morning Previews Sep 19, 2012, 16:59 AngelicPenguin

deqer wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 16:03:
You D3 people... I feel sorry for you.

Have fun being controlled:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6573698478

and never to play it offline, never to play it lan, never to mod it, all for $60 because it has Blizzard tag on it.

Grats.

You always sound upset. Would you like an internet hug? Really, people who play diablo 3 are doing fine - it's just a game my friend.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Beta Editor on Steam
4. Re: Legend of Grimrock Beta Editor on Steam Sep 12, 2012, 12:44 AngelicPenguin

Amnesia had mods? I just played (and enjoyed the hell out of) the base game.  

News Comments > Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans
8. Re: Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans Sep 5, 2012, 14:27 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 14:00:
Now CC is getting wacked too.

If you read the article, you'd note that CC was getting buffed. Unless you use the term "wacked" to mean making something better.

News Comments > Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans
7. Re: Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans Sep 5, 2012, 14:25 AngelicPenguin

PHJF wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 14:15:
Crowd control?

Is this Diablo or WoW?

Pretty sure some skills in diablo 2 had stuns.

News Comments > Project Giana Kickstater/Demo
10. Re: Project Giana Kickstater/Demo Aug 25, 2012, 18:17 AngelicPenguin

Wow I remember this game on my amiga.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
37. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 11:15 AngelicPenguin

Wolfox wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 11:02:
ASeven wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 10:43:
Yeap. Some people lose all their spine, if they had one to begin with, just to play a shiny. Disgraceful.

Michael, I like you and your comments. It saddens me, though, that you'd judge whether I have a spine or not without knowing me at all. I can see why you made that comment, and I can't say I fully disagree with you. I also believe in standing for the things you believe in... but I still resent the implication.

Sorry Wolfox - glad you are enjoying your game. I think there is a rule on forums that if you like something that a vocal group does not, then you can expect to be attacked personally.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Notes Errata
21. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 16:11 AngelicPenguin

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:25:
Anyone else read deqer's posts in a forrest gump voice?

I read it with more of a grumpy old man "in my day..." voice.

psst - I'm enjoying patch 1.04 immensely

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
49. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 12:53 AngelicPenguin

Theo wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 05:57:
Its not like taking cheap shots from the position of "look we did a better job" was a classy thing to say in public anyhow. David Brevik sounded like some kinda arnold rimmer in his post, not some games guru. He should take a long look at Max at runic for lessons on how to be classy.

I agree completely. Obviously Wilson put that facebook comment on there not realizing it was public, so I see nothing wrong with defending your team. If I worked with someone who left the company then bad mouthed what I worked on, I would say the same thing to my co-workers/team. Lesson learned I'm sure that everyone's facebook status isn't always private.

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.04 Details
20. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Details Aug 15, 2012, 14:59 AngelicPenguin

ItBurn wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 11:01:
Some classes require you to shop in the auction house as soon as nightmare to be able to continue. Unacceptable, and it apparently isn't planned to be changed.

Which class would that be again? I leveled all classes to inferno and didn't need the auction house once...some hell boss fights get a little rough, but nightmare ? Not a problem.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2012, 15:05.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 This Month
6. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 10, 2012, 20:19 AngelicPenguin

RailWizard wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 20:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 19:42:
Love how they ignore the issue that if they plan to change the item balance without retroactive change there is no reason to play the game, at all.

I guess retroactive change is only allowed if it's a nerf.

I think the idea here was the attack speed nerf was an across the board change. The legendary changes are a bunch of new affixes, so you can't really retroactively add those.

What I think would be great though, is if they gave you a one time option to re-roll its stats based on the current list.

I only have two legendaries though, so it doesn't really matter much to me.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 This Month
5. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 10, 2012, 20:16 AngelicPenguin

These pretty much all sound like great changes to me.  

News Comments > Battle.net Security Breach
51. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2012, 10:53 AngelicPenguin

El Pit wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 04:05:
Rigs wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 19:36:
I'm just gonna go on a hunch here and assume that the 'hackers' were, oh, I dunno, Chinese maybe? How long is this country (and the world for that matter) going to put up with these bullshit games China is playing?! If we kept getting caught with our virtual schlongs in the honey pot, so to speak, how long do you think they would put up with it before using it as an excuse to start a war, maybe with Taiwan? Yet we sit back and just zip our fly's back up and say, 'Oh you crazy Chinese! Always into something, eh?! Silly, at least use some lube next time, huh?' ....
=-Rigs-=

China is using professional hackers like Switzerland is using its banks: for crime, for theft. But since China (and, to a far lesser extent, of course, Switzerland, too) is the last real economical super power at the moment, every country wants to befriend it. India and Brazil are up and coming huge economies, but at the moment it's China that the US dollar, the UK pound, and the European euro depend on. China knows this and bullies everyone and their mother. I don't see a way to change this, unless India and Brazil break through and become the big players in the market even sooner to rival China. Up to then, China can more or less do what it wants.

The chinese government hacked blizzard's servers? Really...some of you guy's just really make my morning

297 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo