Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 292 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced
25. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 17:10 AngelicPenguin

kyleb wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 16:56:

That said, while Dark Souls world certainly isn't as open as Bethesda games in some respects, it's not nearly "a nice linear rail" either, and is more open world than Bethesda's in the sense that you can explore the whole world without ever seeing a load screen other than the one when you start up the game. To all of you who've never bothered to play it: you're missing out on an amazing experience.

Yup, my game of the year

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GeForce GTX TITAN Announced
76. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 20, 2013, 18:22 AngelicPenguin

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 12:05:
dj LiTh wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 11:07:
...Your statement is completely false...

Wha... how can you not get what I mean, do we speak different languages here?

I THINK traditional CPU CORES ARE TOO SLOW compared to modern GPU's and their many-core approach.

I ALSO THINK THEY SHOULD BE FASTER IN GENERAL by factor 5 to 40 per CORE to be USEFUL for futuristic stuff. Like AI, Physics and proper.. AI.

Meh!

If you want slower cpu's, good for you. I want faster cpu's.

You made quite a few posts trying to tell us how an apple is a small red orange.

News Comments > Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite
24. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 10:56 AngelicPenguin

Esoteric wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 03:17:
I've still yet to play Bioshock 1 and 2. My girlfriend has beat both, really liked them, and is very much looking forward to Infinite. I told her maybe she should wait and check reviews first before buying it. She's like, "Nope, I don't care, I really enjoyed the first two and this one ties up the story, I'm going to play it good or bad."

So, should I play Bioshock 1 and 2? =P

The first half of bioshock is really great. After that it gets a tad samey but it's still a good ride. I never played the second one as the reviews made it sound like an inferior copy (done by a completely different team as well) and I felt like the first one gave me all I needed in that world.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup Feb 20, 2013, 10:49 AngelicPenguin

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 09:02:
SirKnight wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 23:28:
Crysis 2 for me was just a graphical showcase. The gameplay was pure crap. Crysis 1 (before the aliens) was quite good.
You got that backwards. Crysis was nothing more than a technical demo. Crysis 2 added a Holywood-style narrative and refined the gameplay, especially the nanosuit; while it certainly wasn't amazing it had very good atmosphere - the music was particularly noteworthy (pun intended). I really didn't like Crysis, especially not after Far Cry, but Crysis 2 was decent in an over-the-top action movie sort of way - it wasn't anything special but it was a decent game.

The reviews seem to suggest the same is true of Crysis 3, which is fine by me. Sure it's disappointing that they haven't evolved the series like Ubisoft has with Far Cry 2 and 3 but what it does it does well (at least based on my experience with the multiplayer beta). It's a shame I won't be getting it, as it appears it won't be released on Steam.

I agree with SirKnight - I thought Crysis was quite a bit better than Crysis 2, but I enjoyed them both. Too many narrow hallways in 2 (or should I say alleyways conveniently filled with crushed debris.)

I think it also helped that in the first one, if you played on delta difficulty the enemies spoke Korean. It helped hide what they were saying. In Crysis 2, I'd hear "all clear" when 5 of their buddies were laying there dead and I had cloaked for 10 seconds. In Korean, for all I knew he was praying that I didn't kill him.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup
25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup Feb 20, 2013, 10:36 AngelicPenguin

Ray Marden wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 20:06:
Once I got past the fact that Crysis was not Far Cry, at least not once after that damned alien ship and turning the world to snow in the first game, I was able to enjoy this series a bit more.

I really enjoyed the second game - I loved that it varies from pure action to stealth gameplay - and I really hope this one is even better.
Thanks, Amazon, for sending me the promo code late at night. QQ.
Wondering how long the game is; hoping the 5 hour reports are inaccurate,
Ray

The guy on shacknews said it took him 10 hours, but that he is rather slow at games.

62. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 19, 2013, 18:18 AngelicPenguin

Asmo wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 16:49:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 11:17:
Shataan wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 10:16:
Wtf is the point of having this kinda power if most Developers don`t push the vis envelope in their games.

Multi-screen gaming.

Not required, I run 6080x1200 (3x 24" 1920x1200) on a single GTX680 4 gig (the extra RAM makes the big difference with the extra displays, a 2 gig has issues with the textures), typically most games can run med-high no sweat. Far Cry 3 on high ran solidly, although I'd say envelope pushing with Crysis 3 might give it a heart attack... =)

Ya, I was just pointing out that in multi-screen gaming you really start to need this sort of power if you want to jack the settings up. I run dual 7970s in 3 24" screens and there are many games I can't play on the max settings across all three. Then I have to compromise, either lower the settings or play on the center screen.

I think these cards are made for people who don't want to compromise and obviously like to spend their extra cash on their gaming hobby.

61. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 19, 2013, 18:12 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 15:03:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 14:51:
While it pains me greatly to say so, I actually have to agree with loony (sic.) A single 7970 at 2560 resolution would not maintain 60fps on the highest settings in any of the examples he listed.

I never claimed it would, I'm just saying you don't need to run out and buy a $1000+ quasi-commercial card to solve that "problem" necessarily but hey if thats how someone wants to spend their money *shrug*. You can't simply set a framerate target in stone either, different engines are optimized for different targets. The original Crysis is a great example of that. My personal philosophy is to shoot for reasonable averages at what I consider playable at the highest settings.

I understand, but he is obviously (abrasively) coming from a point of view where he wants to play his games in the highest settings at the highest single monitor resolution you can without sacrificing frame rate. And this scenario will require two $500 cards (or I suppose this card, which I don't know anything about.)

Obviously no one needs any of this stuff, but he is arguing against people who say with a single monitor this is overkill, which for that criteria it is not.

44. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 19, 2013, 14:51 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 13:50:
loomy wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 13:36:
wrong motherfuckers. 680/7970 can both skip down to 30fps or below in crysis/far cry/bf3/skyrim modded. you just need a 2560x monitor and the settings turned up.

don't preach unless you're on a 30" monitor playing all games at the highest settings. if you aren't part of the $1000 video card club or $1000 monitor club, don't open your stupid fingers, you damned whiners

Nah, you don't need a $1000 videocard to drive that setup and there's a difference between minimum framerates and average. You can spend yourself into debt chasing high mins that will always be elusive due to optimization, driver issues and etc. Single card solutions are a mixed bag for multi-mon and very high resolution gaming, there are many scenarios where SLI/CF is preferable as an upgrade path. Either way the real world usage scenario for something like this in a single monitor setup is going to be practically non-existent outside of a development environment. You can spend half the money and get the majority of the performance from a consumer part to drive your crazy Korean monitor or Apple Cinema Display.

While it pains me greatly to say so, I actually have to agree with loony (sic.) A single 7970 at 2560 resolution would not maintain 60fps on the highest settings in any of the examples he listed.

News Comments > New WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers
20. Re: New WHQL-certified GeForce Drivers Feb 19, 2013, 11:28 AngelicPenguin

wow, check it out AMD. Your competitor released a non beta driver for an anticipated new game BEFORE release.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Feb 19, 2013, 11:23 AngelicPenguin

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 10:05:
avianflu wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 10:01:
i'm gonna call it: this game had lots of internal issues and lots of delays amd with a large budget no less. It will suck big time.

I sure hope you're wrong, but the delays do have me wondering.

Was it delayed much? I don't feel like I had to wait long. Maybe I'm just used to it.

17. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 19, 2013, 11:17 AngelicPenguin

Shataan wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 10:16:
Wtf is the point of having this kinda power if most Developers don`t push the vis envelope in their games.

Multi-screen gaming.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 18, 2013, 14:57 AngelicPenguin

TheEmissary wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 14:52:

Watercooling is for the overclocking subculture of hardware enthusiasts not the mainstream pc gamers.

I think real watercooling is, but they sell kits now that are no harder to install than a regular CPU fan/heatsink. Although I don't know how you define "mainstream" pc gamers, so perhaps you would think even that was beyond what they would do.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 18, 2013, 14:54 AngelicPenguin

I just read the whole thing as a long-winded version of "the game will have great graphics that far exceed what a console can do."

Crytek, if you want to throw some marketing bucks my way, I can come up with more.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
13. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Feb 15, 2013, 19:03 AngelicPenguin

nin wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 18:31:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 18:18:
Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 11:29:
nin wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 11:04:
Techie714 wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 10:56:
I can assure you this game will not turn out like Aliens:CM.....lol

I hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath...

No one should.

Has Ken Levine put out a dud yet? I know he did Thief, System Shock 1 and 2 and BioShock and those were all really great.

Granted, watching the trailer makes me wonder if the actual game part can hold up, but it seems his track record is really good so far unless I'm forgetting some games.

Maybe the lousy ones fade away

That's an interesting question! And while wikipedia isn't always the most accurate, it mentions he worked on a few games I either wasn't aware he did, or forgot about:

System Shock 2: lead writer and designer
Tribes: Vengeance : writer
SWAT 4 : executive producer

I thought Tribes Vengeance was pretty good. Never heard of the other one, though.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
11. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Feb 15, 2013, 18:18 AngelicPenguin

Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 11:29:
nin wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 11:04:
Techie714 wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 10:56:
I can assure you this game will not turn out like Aliens:CM.....lol

I hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath...

No one should.

Has Ken Levine put out a dud yet? I know he did Thief, System Shock 1 and 2 and BioShock and those were all really great.

Granted, watching the trailer makes me wonder if the actual game part can hold up, but it seems his track record is really good so far unless I'm forgetting some games.

Maybe the lousy ones fade away

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2013, 10:38 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 09:40:
My wallet could use a break, this month is my brothers birthday, anniversary with GF, Valentines Day and my mothers birthday is the first week of March. I need to start taking my vacations in February so I can conveniently miss some of these

I hear you - my wife's birthday, christmas, and anniversary are all in the same week.

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
12. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 13:32 AngelicPenguin

Axis wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 13:28:
Actually we're all better now, but ya I do LOVE elmo! And he... "loves" me!

Awesome! Here ya go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ9WiuJPnNA

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
9. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 13:26 AngelicPenguin

Axis wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 12:59:
Nice try saving face Verno.

At least you finally admitted the truth in a round-about way despite knowing I was right all along about virtually everything I've bothered to post...

I think somebody needs a timeout. We'll watch your elmo videos after you behave.

News Comments > Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow
17. Re: Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow Feb 11, 2013, 19:18 AngelicPenguin

Axis wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 16:11:
I think the biggest population of people playing D3 is because they missed the boat with D2. Sure they'll say how they're vets and shit, but its pretty much bullshit - just newbs who fell off the wow train.

Most hardcore D2 players sure as shit aint playing D3, and you know I know where they are... ::))

I wasn't aware you knew all the hard-core D2 players personally. That's impressive!

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
10. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 10, 2013, 21:44 AngelicPenguin

Axis wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 12:55:
"Nancy Pelosi" makes me violent...

Are you implying Nancy Pelosi isn't her name? Why did you use quotes? People who unnecessarily use quotes make me violent...

292 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo