Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 346 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Preview
14. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Preview Aug 12, 2015, 18:42 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 16:29:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 14:30:
Krovven wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 23:22:

but also saved gear for the Nat Strafe build to put on my other 3rd DH in non-season.

I was skeptical about Nat's because I was never much of a strafe fan before, but it is a really elegant build and my favorite DH build so far (including pre-ROS.)

How'd you like the pure DMO build? I'd heard the damage was weak, so I've actually never ran that with the full 6 pieces and always combined it with Tal Rasha. Sorta itching to try Frozen Orb since using it when leveling the other day.

It was ok. I quickly got to rank 39 or so. It's what I spent most of my time at the start of the season building up to. It just hurts my hand quickly after several intense Grifts, so I didn't find it fun to push.

My main problem across all my current seasonal toons is not getting good weapons. I'm using the Ancient Slow Time weapon (I actually have 3 of them) vs my non-ancient non-Gift Serpent wand and a non-ancient Calamity of my DH.

Since Area Damage is supposed to be working with multipliers, you'd think DMO6 with Ranslor's could be a serious contender. Here's hoping.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Preview
12. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Preview Aug 12, 2015, 14:30 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 23:22:

but also saved gear for the Nat Strafe build to put on my other 3rd DH in non-season.

I was skeptical about Nat's because I was never much of a strafe fan before, but it is a really elegant build and my favorite DH build so far (including pre-ROS.)

How'd you like the pure DMO build? I'd heard the damage was weak, so I've actually never ran that with the full 6 pieces and always combined it with Tal Rasha. Sorta itching to try Frozen Orb since using it when leveling the other day.

News Comments > Blizzard Diablo Job Posting
37. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Aug 11, 2015, 12:21 AngelicPenguin

shihonage wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 01:24:

Attributing critical discernment to emotional nostalgia is the refuge of the ignorant. Diablo3 is fundamentally broken. The damage/weapon/spell systems are too homogenous. The levels are homogenous because they are just big blocks placed with slight randomization, instead of true random dungeons of Diablo1 and 2.

...rambling truncated...

Shame.

Can't even see you clearly you are so high up on that horse.

Diablo 3 is a blast to actually PLAY and to many that's the most important thing. Sorry it doesn't fit your definition of Diablo, but there are lots of other ARPGs out there for you.

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
5. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 7, 2015, 18:56 AngelicPenguin

Task wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 18:47:
Looks like it held up fine for an alpha. Looks awesome.

Ya, call me impressed.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer
9. Re: Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 16:44 AngelicPenguin

Cutter wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 15:33:
No, the combat isn't great. It's just training the gamer on how to beat a specific boss instead of it being reactive. After a few hours with DS I quickly became bored when I learned how the game worked. It's got great ambiance I'll give you that. Coming across new mobs for the first time is some freaky shit, but you get over it fast.

I can't think of a game with better sword combat. Maybe Mount and Blade, but I prefer Dark Souls.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer
8. Re: Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 16:43 AngelicPenguin

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 15:21:
These games are great for combat and gameplay..

But they fucking suck with story.. This whole "leave purposeful gaps in the plot for the audience to come up with their own idea" is fucking dumb.

Since they have the whole system pretty ironed out already, they should really fire their director and start implementing a better story system.

When games have really great gameplay, I'd generally prefer the story take a backseat. It's pretty rare to me that a game's story is anything I take much notice in as they usually do a far worse job than a good movie or book.

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
20. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 29, 2015, 00:03 AngelicPenguin

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 23:29:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:43:
the removal of grift trials,

What? Why the hell are they getting rid of the trials???

Not sure if joking - but in case not, Trials are tedious and offer no reward.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
149. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 21, 2015, 18:15 AngelicPenguin

Quinn wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 09:35:
Zor wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 09:31:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 15:45:
theyarecomingforyou, zor I'm going to ask both of you two very important questions. When did you back and for how much?

I backed for $930 since 1/2013 (Veteran backer status).
Not sure why this important but whatever. I first backed 11/14/2012, and I've spent $716.43

Two fucking insane amounts. Hope you realized by now that all you bought with it was absolutely nothing. And, tbh, it deserves a classic ROFLMAO.

Depends on how much money you have/make. What was the line from Glengarry Glenn Ross? "This watch cost more than your car."

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
10. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 29, 2015, 18:47 AngelicPenguin

Slick wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 18:38:
Oh and in a time where Hearthstone is the #4th most-watched game on twitch (47,132 people currently watching people play a card game, pfft). yeah... best not to bother.

Maybe they thought they couldn't compete and needed all that money for their Win10 marketing blitz.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
58. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 18:15 AngelicPenguin

Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:45:
Hasn't it been like three YEARS already?! And just AC to show for it?! WTF?! And everyone's ok with this? 'I don't mind the delays' Are you crazy? He's got like over $80 million and still can't develop a game within a typical triple-A game dev period...

=-Rigs-=

I didn't give them anything, so, sure, take all the time you want.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash
35. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 16:35 AngelicPenguin

Luke wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 15:42:
Here some are babbeling about 50$ - 60$ for a game is waaayy tooo much , while on the other hand some are paying 1000$ and more in Funding for another "game"

????

Because all people aren't the same?

News Comments > Free StarCraft II: Whispers of Oblivion Announced
7. Re: Free StarCraft II: Whispers of Oblivion Announced Jun 17, 2015, 12:43 AngelicPenguin

InBlack wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 09:24:
Especially when they are making you pay through your nose for glorified expansion packs.

Not this again...

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
36. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 19:03 AngelicPenguin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRWL0s0l10  

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
25. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 00:44 AngelicPenguin

Slick wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 00:37:

it looks like a 2006 game.

Relax buddy. We all realize this. We don't care.

News Comments > Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel
5. Re: Logitech's $400 Racing Wheel Jun 11, 2015, 10:34 AngelicPenguin

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 09:53:
I could live with a PS logo on the PC version since Sony aren't treacherous little motherfuckers like Microsoft backstabbing PC gamers every two seconds. They're just doing their thing on the PS but have no real interest in screwing over PC gamers like Microsoft who are still pursuing their masterplan of eliminating PC Windows gaming ever since the conception of the first ShitBox.
So if the G29 PS4 version were PC-compatible then I might even consider it. But I'm not even thinking about touching the G920 with a ten foot pole as long as it has that Xbone crap on it. Yuck. I already feel like taking a shower just from looking at the disgusting little fucker....

It's a little steering wheel for playing video games

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2015, 13:13 AngelicPenguin

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 12:31:
In regards to the Polygon article, never have I read something where "check your privilege" is actually the perfect response. Even by the pretentious, arrogant standards of Polygon, that article was abysmal. That no editors stopped it from being published just shows how much contempt for the medium that site has. If they keep pushing this hard, I think a lot of publishers and developers are just going to decide they aren't worth dealing with any more. They're arrogant enough to think that won't happen but honestly, if I worked in Harmonix (or CD Projekt Red for that matter) PR right now, I'd be cutting that site off if that's what I could expect out of them.

I thought the same thing. I didn't even realize Polygon had enough clout to be able to write "articles" like this (I never go to the site.)

News Comments > Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans
13. Re: Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans May 14, 2015, 14:25 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on May 14, 2015, 09:41:
InBlack wrote on May 14, 2015, 09:14:
Whats the point? Why is there no PvP in this game? (Or at least hardcore dueling)

I tell you why, because you have a bunch of whinny asshats who are playing seasonal and are bitching about the Witch Dr. AKA Fear DR. and his CC abilities to lock down mobs so the party doesn't get wasted on insta-kills. but that the WD is doing is building out a n XP CC build and they are leveling up faster then everyone else. Which I could care less about but there are always those whinny little bitches who just cant leave well enough alone.

So basically, CC is going to get the big nerf hammer and screw over the game so doing higher G-rifts will now be even more impossible. Yea, Blizz says we are scaling down mob damage. but that wont change the fact that you cant control a mob and the party is going to get their asses handed to them on a platter now.

for those who don't know what the Permanent CC ability is that the WD can do, what he does is wears a specific helm and an off hand I believe, that allows the Mobs to get CC'd when hes in range of them by fearing them it locks the mob down so they don't run all over the place and spam their Arcane, or what ever abilities they use on the party. it helps you get control of the mob and kill them off quicker. it helps, but the higher end mobs because of the high damage they do still kicks the crap out of the melee classes.

My question would be to Blizz, why make all of these Unique items that allow you to CC mobs then screw it over? The same can be said about the other XP Gear like the Cains set. Its such Bullshit and Blizz just cant leave well enough alone.

Blizz likes playing their little game of heres your piece of candy, but your not allowed to eat it. An yes, many people are pissed about this CC change.

It's just the Tiki hat, that's all you need. You can perma-CC the rift guardian with legacy gear, but that's most likely not the perma-CC blizzard is talking about.

I think perma-CC from the Tiki hat should absolutely go, however.

Blizzard already handled perma-CC long ago when they introduced CC resistance. When a mob gets hit for a 1 second CC, they get 10% CC reduction. Similarly, when they are CC free for 1 second, they lose 10% resistance.

So perma-CC resistance is in and ready to go. So why is it a problem in the current game? The WD Fear skill does not obey those rules. So all they probably have to do is put the Fear skill on the CC list and the game will work as it always had.

Once they do this, however, the 4 man group game will get turned on its head. So they can't just do it in vacuum. The plan as I understand it, is to tune down the incoming damage, so that you can stack toughness and use toughness legendary gems so that 4 man groups are around the same level. Seems pretty straightforward - if you remove perma-CC and the 4 man groups can only hit GR 60 when they could hit 70 before, you lower the damage until they can hit 70 again.

Added bonus - end game 4 man groups can fight something besides frozen statues.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
53. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 19:08 AngelicPenguin

Slick wrote on May 1, 2015, 12:52:
WRONG WRONG YOU'RE ALL BLOODY WRONG.

it's like people saying penultimate cause it sounds cooler when they really mean ultimate. drives me nuts

Really need the rant? There is the identical explanation two posts above yours.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
5. Re: Diablo III Patched Apr 7, 2015, 22:36 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 19:44:
Enjoyed my Barb in Season 2. Came out of it with gear for Leapquake and Furious Charge builds. Both of which improved with gear I had in non-season.

Tempted to make another Barb in the new season try anew build with the new gear changes.

Did a few runs this afternoon with my DH and got several new drops already.

I dunno - I think they nerfed IK horribly by removing Mortick's. Last minute with no notice either - sheesh.

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
21. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 17:48 AngelicPenguin

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 12:05:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 12:00:
I've blown a billion on a single item re-roll, so I'm sort of glad with the way it is. If gold was more finite, then when you get to 20 million per re-roll it would get really frustrating.
Wow, that's semi-impressive. Don't suppose you know how many re-rolls that is?

No, but it is super easy to get an item to the 10M per roll if you are looking for a hard to get affix or re-rolling damage range on a weapon. At that level it's what? 100 rolls?

346 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo