Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AngelicPenguin

Real Name AngelicPenguin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AngelicPenguin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 7, 2010, 18:04
Total Comments 274 (Amateur)
User ID 55985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
27. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 15:22 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 15:07:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 12:53:
MrGrosser wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 12:41:
What will happen to Paragon Levels when RoS drops? Will you not progress any levels until you reach 70? Will they reset to 0 and you can start gaining them again at 70?

Your paragon progression stops in RoS temporarily until you hit 70, then starts again.

This is also why you should be grinding out your paragon levels now at 60, because once you make it to level 70 the XP to gain the next level is going to be much higher.

As for the Mystic being available in Act 5. It was once said she would not be available until after you completed Act 5. But she actually becomes available about 1 hour into the game before or after you kill Urzael.

No one is going to have the matts available from the start of the Add-on to even begin using her ,which is why you find her later in the game.

So disenchant everything you get. Blue items too.

I've heard mixed things about this. Some say the xp gain is so massive in RoS doing bounties and such that you don't really need to feel compelled to grind out paragon now.

Personally, since current 2.0 legendaries are most likely far inferior to their 70 counterparts, I have been doing only xp farming because the bonus is just too massive relative to xp/hr before.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 12:53 AngelicPenguin

MrGrosser wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 12:41:
What will happen to Paragon Levels when RoS drops? Will you not progress any levels until you reach 70? Will they reset to 0 and you can start gaining them again at 70?

Your paragon progression stops in RoS temporarily until you hit 70, then starts again.

18. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 12:00 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:56:
No Angelic, this was a bonus to even the Paragon stuff. Again, I need to check with a few others about this. But it was rumored.

Sounds like a rumor then again. I can guarantee I would have heard about something as cool as that (bonus move speed would be insanely userful.)

14. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 11:31 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:27:
Linksil wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:16:
For LgFriess:

You can do everything in act 1-4 only and get lvl 60 from playing through without the exp. Problem you run into is that the exp isn't just 61-70 it's Act5. IE if you want the story to continue beyond the killing of Diablo3 in a natural progression you'll want the exp come tuesday. I haven't done a new character, but most people were saying that one play through of Act 1-4 got you around lvl 50 without repeating levels/turning up diff. So you'll have to play through it again or just repeat quests from 50-60 where as having act5 will let you keep exploring new levels while leveling up.

You can't unlock the mystic to mod equipment until you've played through act5 once.

Just to be clear on the fast leveling thats occurring now, Blizz is giving everyone a 50% XP bonus now. That is going away come Tuesday. So take advantage of it now while you can. Many are using this XP bonus to level their Paragons. I heard through the grape vine that anyone over 100 Paragon is getting a bonus movement speed. But how true that is, I canít say for sure. Itís been mostly rumor, but being above 100 defiantly has its benefits.

Like when you start a new Char you have immediate access to those paragon levels you can apply to that new char. I leveled a new Barb just so I could farm the newer legendries for the Crusader coming out.

I also played the game on Expert Difficulty and had no issues up until the Fourth Act. Then it started getting a lot more difficult. So take advantage while you can of that bonus XP.

I don't think there is any RoS bonus based on your paragon level like movement speed. Perhaps folks are talking about the fact that you can assign paragon points to movement speed? Obviously having more paragon points allows you to max that and use less items to get to 25% (the cap from items and paragon.)

10. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 11:14 AngelicPenguin

LgFriess wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 10:38
uick question for you vets. I just picked it up the other day and am working my way through with a wizard. Is there any point for me to pick up the xpac now, ie. will I be missing anything important in the first 60 levels, or should I just wait until I get close to the end. [/quote:

No difference since xpac is not released yet. After Tuesday, then yes, big difference. Then you could play 1-60 in adventure mode and skip campaign mode altogether (if you have already played the campaign.)

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos
35. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 11:01 AngelicPenguin

Fletch wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 09:00:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 15:05:
We get it - you don't like it. You can just post "I do not like D3" in every thread and we will have your input.

We get it - you like it. You can just post "I like D3" in every thread and we will have your input.

My point was that there was no substance to what he posted, so saying "I do not like D3" was just as meaningful. Typically when I post about the game, I have something concrete to add.

34. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 10:57 AngelicPenguin

InBlack wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 02:18:
My take:

The builds that work are the same ones that worked prior to Loot 2.0.

Someone either never played wizard before or completely forgot what builds were viable pre-2.0 and what are now.

29. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 01:04 AngelicPenguin

Ward wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 23:32:
...refusing to accept on-line always and the uninspiring skill-tree

so these have changed?

Seriously Optional Nickname! you make some excellent point but you forgot the story was the worst.. ever... i mean ever...that could of been written.

Dunno - have you seen the Phantom Menace?

25. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 17:32 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 16:33:
I'll check it out later for sure. I'd really like a decent multishot build like I used to have but it just feels way weaker than it used to be.

I haven't yet tried my demon hunter in 2.0 but I know in the RoS beta everyone was loving Cluster Arrow.

The demon hunter lifer I play with has mostly still been using Bombardment, though, but we've been doing COTA mostly.

News Comments > Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer
54. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 15:51 AngelicPenguin

My theory on two handers is that in RoS there are non attack speed builds where the damage boost on them makes them the desired weapons and if they buff them straight up to be as good as dual wield or orb/mojo that those builds would be too strong.

Just a guess though, but on one of the videos I recall Travis Day talking with someone else from Blizzard in their party about some earthquake barb build he was playing and how a 2 hander was perfect for it.

13. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 15:05 AngelicPenguin

Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 14:55:
Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 14:12:
Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 09:31:
lol polls on character skills in an ARPG.

When you have no real build opinions within the characters... you do silly character polls like these. Easy pass, the core game is too basic waste of $20 as is.

Your butthurt over not-PoE games is pretty amusing.

The game is easily worth $20.00, even moreso since the big patch.

Game ain't worth shit.

I don't white knight like you Verno, I say it like it is. I ain't impressed with PoE's latest leagues, stated it several times. So ya, wrong again.

Played d3 for 5 days, game bored me to tears. 1 day to 60, 4 days in torment, build dont matter - pick a generator, load up on your class stat and farm away hoping you get legendaries or sets that make it somewhat more interesting.

D3 has psudeo builds, little strategy, minimal challenge, and not near a "high end production" I keep reading about except for over the top effects and physics - you can see all it offers in the 1st act skelly and I did that run plenty in friends and family. It' the closest thing to an ARPG slot machine I've ever played.

Hey you like it, fine. But a headline "news" popularity poll on a skill is laughable, and proves how very little there is to talk about with the game.

We get it - you don't like it. You can just post "I do not like D3" in every thread and we will have your input. I don't like POE, so I simply avoid any threads about POE.

52. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 13:39 AngelicPenguin

descender wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 13:33:
God you both have wasted so much time on this. A blue posted on the D3 forums that 2H weapons are bugged and are not rolling as high damage as they should be. It'll be fixed.

I think what Krovven is saying, and I believe he is right, that fix is supposed to be in as of 2.0.3, but it doesn't appear to be working.

And nah, I enjoy talking about D3. Nice to talk to someone who actually likes the game.

50. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 13:24 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 12:52:
AngelicPenguin, it's like talking to a wall with you. I've already said this...Blizz has claimed the 2h rolling as 1h has already been fixed in the last patch. Their current claim on 2h now is that it's because ilvl 63 rolls are no longer available....but I'm wasting my time repeating this to you.

And all Im saying about Orbs (and about the above) is you are wrong. It is possible to replace end game orbs. But you clearly know better than everyone else and you know what they had and what they upgraded with, without having seen it.

Am I a friendly wall at least? Just wait until 70, these things will all get straightened out (or patched.) Orbs, 2handers, etc. It's what, 4 days?

47. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 12:30 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 05:29:
You are comparing apples and oranges. There are new stats and increased stat ranges that make up for the loss of those stats...regarding all items.

Since I need to make myself perfectly clear, 1h Dmg went up, 2h Dmg went down (or arguably stayed the same). Based on the changes to 1h, 2h should have gone up to 1600-1700 for good rolls compared to the increase for 1h at lvl 60.

Life Steal is a non issue. Life Steal is gone, period. It can't roll on anything anymore lvl's 1-70 and for legacy items it's effectiveness will severely diminish from lvl 61-70, being 0 use at lvl 70. Dmg from sources such as Reflect Damage has been reduced to compensate for this change. There is also still Life on Hit and some gained from Paragon points if you choose, which benefits all weapons.

Crit Damage was also a "must have" on weapons to drive up dps, making weapons without it drastically less useful. Now as I've already stated, weapons, specifically 2h without 2 sockets are a problem because of the Crit Dmg gem. Two 1h (or offhand) with sockets is going to be preferable (along with the already obvious higher Dmg rolls) than. 2h with just 1 socket. I have yet to see a 2h roll 2 sockets. And to cover something you said earlier, it's not just personal experience. We get to see what everyone in the clan is getting too.

There are stats that can't roll on various gear slots, for various reasons, with some exceptions when it comes to Legendaries. Crit Dmg is a change along this vein. This is not a case of one set of weapon types getting it while another can. So as I said before and will say till I'm blue in the face, and the facts are out there, 1h Dmg rolls are higher while 2h Dmg rolls did not get the same boost, making them in most (not all) cases inferior to using a 1h, the socket issue makes this worse. Some stat rolls will have an effect, some special abilities on weapons will also effect this. But that is not and never was the debate. The DMG rolls are skewed in favor of 1h currently.

And it does matter now an always will. Not everyone is going to get RoS and will continue to play at lvl 60. There is no reason for 1h to have gotten buffed at lvl 60 while 2h did not. You keep trying to argue this, yet Blizz HAS acknowledged the disparity with 2h but state its where they want it (after claiming there was a bug now fixed supposedly) and Blizz's 3rd and latest attempt at justifying the 2h disparity was due to ilvl 63 items no longer being available at lvl 60. Then why aren't 1h weapons only rolling 850-1000 and instead roll 1250-1450 regularly when ilvl 1h rolled max 1300's and that was very rare? It makes no sense.

Furthermore, as I've already stated, this was a complaint on the RoS beta as well and was pointed out to Blizz a long time ago. They have said they will keep an eye on it (citing 2h with shield) as being their concern. To which I stated before, balancing 2h solely around the Crusaders shield is stupid. Blizz is far from perfect and they have said things were fine one day (Legendary drop rate in RoS beta) and a day or two later changing their mind and "doubling it".

And since you clearly want to be a dick regarding the guy that had two wizards at 60 (point was that's ALL he plays); prepatch one wiz was paragon 100 and the other paragon 85ish. And he took a few months off Live messing with PTR before 2.0 went live. But it doesn't require someone to be knowledgable to grind out Paragon, or to get good gear as it could just be bought with gold or cash. Nor does knowledge have anything have to do with getting gear grade upgrades from pre to post patch. Your e-peen swinging means nothing.

Relax buddy. 2 handers dps rolls are bugged. It's just the way it is right now. They are rolling 1hander damage ranges. It will get fixed.

So ya, you can keep saying it until you are blue in the face. My only point was that we do not know what they are going to be to make any comparisons. They were niche before, they will probably be niche again. I feel they will be worse because they won't be able to roll the huge crit damage rolls they used to (no 2 hander rolled 2 sockets except for Manticore which was a bug.) But wait and see.

I'm sure your buddy is a good wizard. All I was saying was if he replaced his orb, then it probably wasn't an end game orb. There is certainly nothing wrong with that. Orbs are just another waiting game item. Link his profile - I can very easily tell you how good his gear is/was.

44. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 02:59 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 02:18:
Getting back to the whole point...1h got better, 2h got worse, post patch. It's undeniable, the facts are out there.

And really I'm not trying to pick on you, but this isn't true either. Both 1hander and 2hander got worse. They can't roll either crit damage or life steal any more.

If you had an end game 1.08 weapon, a 2.0 weapon will almost certainly not be a dps upgrade. If you want to do some cool new effect, that's awesome, but they are just almost across the board worse than the best stuff you could get in 1.08.

This actually goes for a lot of items right now simply because of the new 4/2 split stat system. Look at the best helm in 1.08 - the Mempo. It isn't even possible to roll what it used to roll because that would be 6 primary stats and now you can only have 4.

Ditto with high end rings. You cannot get a trifecta ring with primary and resist all any more, for example.

But my real point about the 2handers applies to all these scenarios. We are simply in the middle ground temporary area until RoS comes out and level 70 gear makes all this discussion moot. That's why I said on the face of that, yes 2 handers appear to have the worse of it now, but I'll reserve judgement until RoS ships. Because 2 handers were almost always worse than dual wielding or using an orb/mojo in 1.08 except for niche cases.

43. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 02:32 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 02:18:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 17:32:
Krovven wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 16:45:
That is only somewhat true about the Orbs.

Really depends on the orb you had before. End game 1.08 orb, the only way to really upgrade it now is to get a monster skill % damage on it, else the average damage roll will just cripple you (it's about half what they used to be.)

Trust me - I know wizard
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GunnersDream-1109/hero/36460162

So do most of the people I play with. The guy I referred to earlier, all he plays is Wizard. He has 2 at 60 and never plays any other class, doesn't even have any other class played on his account. He had all high-end end game gear...he has upgraded his Orb. As with any gear, the better it was prepatch, harder it will be to replace post patch.

Getting back to the whole point...1h got better, 2h got worse, post patch. It's undeniable, the facts are out there.

Agree to disagree then. There are a VERY few cases where the 2.0 orbs beat 1.08, but like I said that is because you can get a skill damage roll that makes up for the horrible avg dmg rolls.

And two wizards at 60 sort of made me chuckle. Getting a guy to 60 takes about 2 hours It's how many paragon levels he had in his wizards that would tell me how much experience he has w/ the class.

37. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 17:32 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 16:45:
That is only somewhat true about the Orbs.

Really depends on the orb you had before. End game 1.08 orb, the only way to really upgrade it now is to get a monster skill % damage on it, else the average damage roll will just cripple you (it's about half what they used to be.)

Trust me - I know wizard
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GunnersDream-1109/hero/36460162

35. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 16:24 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 16:19:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:59:
Krovven wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:55:
Avoiding the growing quote and not wanting to mess with it on my phone...

With the devs claiming 2h are in a good place and that it's due to the ilvl 63 weapons no longer being available now...then why the hell are 1h rolling over 1300 and 1400 dps when they never rolled that high before? As far as I know they haven't explained that.

That's just the new stat ranges - I'm not sure the question. 2 handers do indeed roll higher, just not by a whole lot. My only point was just that we don't see the whole picture yet.

Not sure where you think the confusion is. When 2h are rolling Dmg in the same range as 1h (they aren't rolling higher), they aren't rolling more stat affixes, the stats they are rolling are only slightly higher and don't have 2 sockets, in most cases they aren't going to compare to dual wield or 1h + offhand. This is all over their forums.
Not everyone is going to get RoS. If 1h and 2h aren't balanced for the whole leveling process, it's out of line. If its just fine at lvl 70, that isn't good enough.

Good 1h used to be 975-1250ish with an extremely rare few being higher. Then those were even better with socket and good stats. Good 2h were 1374-1550 with socket and good stats. Now good 1h (at 60) are 1300-1450 with the best 2h I have seen rolling around 1350, most being 1100-1250.

The devs have given 3 excuses. 2h tuned around Crusader using 2h and shield, a bug with 2h rolling as 1h (supposedly fixed now), and the ilvl 63 thing. I dont think they really know and are confused as to how to balance 2h. As I said in another thread, we'll see what happens at lvl 70...but this was a complaint in RoS beta and hasn't changed, so I don't expect it will be better at 70. We shall see.

Agreed, although orbs as I mentioned are in the same place. Currently dropping ones are far inferior to the ones that used to drop (although damage to skill can offset that.)

2 handers do drop with higher ranges, though, or at least they will once the bug is fixed. The higher range doesn't to most folks justify giving up the second weapon and all it brings, but as I mentioned in certain builds it most certainly does (Rend, Explosive Blast, etc.)

Again, I don't think 2 handers are good enough either. But they were niche before, and are niche now, so maybe that's just how they like them. Shrug.

32. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 15:59 AngelicPenguin

Krovven wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:55:
Avoiding the growing quote and not wanting to mess with it on my phone...

With the devs claiming 2h are in a good place and that it's due to the ilvl 63 weapons no longer being available now...then why the hell are 1h rolling over 1300 and 1400 dps when they never rolled that high before? As far as I know they haven't explained that.

That's just the new stat ranges - I'm not sure the question. 2 handers do indeed roll higher, just not by a whole lot. My only point was just that we don't see the whole picture yet.

29. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 15:38 AngelicPenguin

RenownWolf wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:33:
I for one am just amazed they actually made an Australian server... first time Blizzard has done this.... ever!

Mmm... now if they could get some Aus Wow servers (not oceanic time servers), I might actually give it a go =)

I thought this thread was about offline mode.

274 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo