Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AnointedSword

Real Name AnointedSword   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AnointedSword
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 2, 2010, 17:44
Total Comments 384 (Amateur)
User ID 55973

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
67. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 3, 2012, 21:25 AnointedSword

I find it funny that people are calling Gabe lazy just because he is fat. I mean... he only runs a multimillion dollar company. With that said, he could work out more...

I also find it fascinating that there is so much hostility towards him. It could be from jealousy or maybe envy? Really people, the only person that can make your life better is YOU! Yes, I said YOU!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 2, 2012, 03:40 AnointedSword

I tried windows 8 and I believe I will skip it. I will keep windows7  

News Comments > Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff
46. Re: Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff Feb 29, 2012, 23:49 AnointedSword

This is not rocket science;this is called business!

"Everyone,

We announced today that we’re in the process of cutting a number of active positions, mostly non-development, throughout the company. I'm sure this announcement has sparked some questions from all of you, so I want take this opportunity to address those as best I can. Over the past several years, the company has grown rapidly and evolved to better serve you and the rest of our global community. Thanks to all of your support, we continue to serve by far the biggest subscription-based MMO community, as well as the most passionate eSports and online gaming communities, in the world.

In order to keep making epic game content while serving players effectively, we have to be smart about how we manage our resources. This means we sometimes have to make difficult decisions about how to best maintain the health of the company. We’re in the process of making some of those hard decisions now.

After evaluating our current organizational needs, we determined that while some areas of our business had been operating at the right levels and could benefit from further growth, other areas had become overstaffed. As a result, we need to scale down some of our departments and part with some of our colleagues and friends here at Blizzard. I know that you all understand how difficult this type of situation can be for anyone who might be affected, so I want to assure you that we'll be offering each impacted employee a severance package and other benefits.

I also want to emphasize that we remain committed to shipping multiple games this year, and that our development teams in particular remain largely unaffected by today's announcement. We're continuing to develop, iterate, and polish Blizzard DOTA, Diablo III, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, as well as other, unannounced projects. We'll have exciting news to share in the coming weeks regarding Diablo III's release date, and will soon be holding a private media event to showcase the latest work on Mists of Pandaria. It goes without saying that we're working hard to get all of these games in your hands as soon as possible.

You've all come to expect Blizzard to live up to our mission statement with every game, and deliver the most epic entertainment experiences ever. You can continue to expect that and nothing less from us as we move forward."

-Mike Morhaime

40. Re: Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff Feb 29, 2012, 20:49 AnointedSword

Yes, people are different (no brainer), but that is not what we are talking about here. There is a right and a wrong if we like it or not. There is truth out there. With that said, businesses need to make money so their business can grow. If a business does not grow, they can not hire people. If a business loses money, you cannot expect them to keep people they cannot afford. Stop complaining about corporations, the rich, etc...Instead focus on what YOU can do to make YOUR life better. For example, I hear a lot of complaining here about games. Well go get educated and make your own games-be the boss! There is nothing stopping you!

BTW I started my own LLC recently (Gasp)and even in this horrible economy (thanks Obama)I am doing pretty good.

Well said, Elefunk!

27. Re: Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff Feb 29, 2012, 18:03 AnointedSword

The company has to survive or there will be a whole lot more people out of work. Really, you guys need to take some real classes (not the liberal, I hate the rich type) about business and how it works...  

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
60. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 28, 2012, 16:55 AnointedSword

@Almar

To believe that it is business as usual at Blizzard when concerning D3 is not looking at all the facts. This late into the game, they made major changes. Yes, they even released the CE info, then announced major changes...This alone should raise a red flag...With that said, I have been a Blizzard fan for a long time. However, to make major game changes like this, this late into the game shows signs of bad decision making by leadership within the d3 team. I have major problems with certain individuals on the boards (and it has nothing to do with my forum bans)acting like nothing was done wrong...You know what, be honest about it and move the hell on...

With that said, I have two CEs on preorder and I will keep them on preorder until the game is released (unless more bs is handed to me). I will also make sure Blizzard gets a nice long letter written to them sent via certified mail...

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
14. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 27, 2012, 21:34 AnointedSword

There is an old saying...Your company is only as good as the people you employ. I can sense some Obama voters being amongst the leadership of the D3 team...Oo

I also sense a lot of bs going around...Oo

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong?
35. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 20:28 AnointedSword

So, the individuals that try to prevent cheating gets blamed rather than the cheaters? Let us lockup the police because they cannot stop all crimes! Makes a ton of sense to me (sarcasm).  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2012, 15:18 AnointedSword

I cannot wait for these guys to get caught...Keep it up fuzz balls.  

News Comments > Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs
29. Re: Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs Jan 23, 2012, 08:10 AnointedSword

You prove it!:) It is clear, Blizzard has total control...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2012, 15:23 AnointedSword

Very cool!  

News Comments > Diablo III Systems Changes
41. Re: Diablo III Systems Changes Jan 19, 2012, 22:51 AnointedSword

They have that track record, but they never have screwed up like this either. I just read a post with this title---> "How does Jay Wilson still have a job?" I have to agree. There have been system overhauls back and forth and recently I might add! This is after Blizzard releases info for the CE version of the game? Clearly he is a cluster of wrong and needs to step down if he cannot get it right. I have been a Blizzard supporter for a long time, just look at my posts here. However, when I see wrong I call them out on it.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer
69. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 18:18 AnointedSword

I should have stuck to my gut on this one. I bought it and I am bored to tears with 17 days left on my first month. The numbers are a disaster and they are already coming up with ways to keep people for more than one month (founders title, wow). Single player game in a mmorpg world just will not make it. I hate to say it, but our only hope is Titan and Blizzard. Even those guys are starting to piss me off with how they have been handling D3...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2012, 23:28 AnointedSword

aww man no news about the 21% drop in game sales? :/ Maybe I am missing it? I heard some site say it was because of kids going out and playing...lol in winter, huh? Jobs baby! Oo  

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
106. No subject Jan 9, 2012, 12:02 AnointedSword

I tend to believe that 90% of Blue posters are warez machines...Just saying...DRM that!  

News Comments > WoW Cross-Realm Raids Coming
2. No subject Jan 7, 2012, 20:08 AnointedSword

They are gearing up for a down turn. With that said, they are a very smart company. They are already years into their next gen MMORPG. Very smart!  

News Comments > New Year's Safety Dance
2. No subject Jan 2, 2012, 21:06 AnointedSword

I dare him to!:) Come on, I would love to see these punks get caught...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. No subject Dec 28, 2011, 15:06 AnointedSword

He believes now! oO *Disclaimer: I am not saying he believed or not believed at the time of his death. I am saying he believes now!"  

News Comments > The Old Republic Stats
20. No subject Dec 27, 2011, 14:23 AnointedSword

The game is fun, sadly I must agree with the people that say it is a single player game that has chat. We will see...Like I said before, Titan will kill Wow and I still stand by that statement...  

News Comments > The Old Republic Code Issues
23. No subject Dec 19, 2011, 20:26 AnointedSword

I am wondering if it has anything to do with people preordering the CE and then swapping it for a regular copy? Who knows, the game is good...deal with it and it will eventually get fixed...It will hold me over until D3 and Titan at least...

384 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo