Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Styrbjorn

Real Name Styrbjorn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Styrbjorn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 30, 2010, 07:46
Total Comments 9 (Suspect)
User ID 55972

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Movie Status
33. Re: World of Warcraft Movie Status Jul 4, 2013, 04:03 Styrbjorn

I can see it now..

More DOTs!!
Whelps! Handle it!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
68. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 21, 2013, 08:40 Styrbjorn

I'm curious if the 8 cores of the PS4 are powerful enough to properly emulate the 1+7 core cell processor of the PS3. Not a given since emulation incurs large performance losses. But since the core counts line up... maybe. And if so, if it would ever be implemented. Backwards compatibility would make it a day one purchase for me.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Plans
31. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 17, 2013, 09:53 Styrbjorn

There is an option to change "Expansion Level" between HotS and WoL (if you own HotS of course). I'm guessing this means HotS players can play with WoL players, with the WoL units etc.  

News Comments > Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming?
27. Re: Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming? Mar 25, 2012, 09:42 Styrbjorn

As a former "PC elitist" turned console gamer (except for SC2) I don't think this is a good idea.

This game was made for consoles, it's awesome on consoles. The controls work extremely well on consoles. I think it would be very hard to make a PC version that has the same feel to it.

Not to mention the thousands of posts on here complaining about "consolitis", I wonder how many a Dark Souls port would spawn?

Also, on the topic of difficulty. To clarify, yes the game is hard, but it's not hard as in "this is impossible I'm breaking the disc", it's hard as in "ok, that didn't work, let's figure out what does work".

A good analogy in my opinion is raiding in WoW (yeah yeah I did that). First you have to figure out a strategy, and (if the enemy is hard) you have to practice until you can execute it perfectly. Sadly few situations in Dark Souls require perfect execution, compared to Demon's Souls (in my opinion). You can actually take a couple of hits from most bosses. The few bosses that are hard though, are awesome. I'm not saying which to avoid spoilers

Oh, and, the game is awesome, play it if you haven't, get past the beginning and you'll be hooked. And DO NOT read any wikis or use google. At least not for the first run through. And play Demon's Souls too.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Trailer
5. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Trailer May 28, 2011, 16:23 Styrbjorn

Here it is (for now at least): youtube  

News Comments > Gold - Duke Nukem Forever
65. Re: Gold - Duke Nukem Forever May 25, 2011, 05:12 Styrbjorn

About time, I've wanted this forever As for getting burned on preorders, hasn't happened to me yet. I have thoroughly enjoyed every game I've pre-ordered and I don't doubt this will be any different. (I don't even know what Brink is though, some shooter I guess?)  

News Comments > John Carmack RAGE Interview
6. Re: John Carmack RAGE Interview Apr 13, 2011, 11:05 Styrbjorn

InBlack wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 10:02:
Hopefully they will do a proper DoomII sequel with this tech. I remember the huge, sprawling, psychedelic levels populated with all sorts of creepy demons from hell. Oh and the double-barrel. Double-barrel is a must.

Agree 100%. Really hoping for something like that. Hordes of monsters to blow up and mutilate!

News Comments > StarCraft II Plans
10. Re: StarCraft II Plans Oct 8, 2010, 07:35 Styrbjorn

Blizzard has said that the next balance patch is still a few months away. This announcement is likely a way to gauge the communitys response. Expect these patch notes to change significantly before the patch goes live. (And it won't be before GSL 2)  

News Comments > StarCraft II Reporting
10. Re: StarCraft II Reporting Sep 30, 2010, 08:50 Styrbjorn

In the lower leagues this is certainly true. I recommend you ignore the immature players and just play your game. Eventually you will move up the ladder and encounter more reasonable opponents.  

9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo