Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Timf

Real Name Timf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Chazix
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 29, 2010, 12:19
Total Comments 21 (Suspect)
User ID 55971

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Insider: Rockstar/Team Bondi Split
49. Re: Insider: Rockstar/Team Bondi Split Jul 5, 2011, 22:54 Chazix

I was surprised this game was ever finished considering all the complaints I'd heard throughout its development.
Some of my co-workers were ex Team Bondi and they made it sound like hell, that the game would never be finished and that the bosses were delusional.

Apparently they treated all their staff like shit, the company would go around to all the schools fishing for young people to work for cheap, and then dumping them after they were burnt out a few months later.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > $3.00 Cthulhu Saves the World Bundle Next Month
3. Re: $3.00 Cthulhu Saves the World Bundle Next Month Jun 23, 2011, 22:48 Chazix

This looks like it was made with that rpg maker app with a programmer doing all the art work.
I'm kinda surprised its going to be on steam, but for $3 it seems reasonable.

News Comments > Skyrim Map as Preorder Bonus
16. Re: Skyrim Map as Preorder Bonus Jun 23, 2011, 15:50 Chazix

Sad that this stuff used to be free.
It used to be $100 NZD for a game, with a huge box, multiple thick manuals, maps etc. Now I have to pay $120 - $150 NZD for the "Premium/pre-ordered/collectors" edition, which is usually a basic DVD Case, with a slightly different cover, perhaps a folded up little map tucked inside, or some in-game item thrown in as an afterthought which totally unbalances the start of the game.
Or if you're really lucky a "Bonus DVD" containing trailers and interviews already available on youtube.

Good for you if that's what you want, but personally I don't bother anymore.
I just go for the digital download of the basic version.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Announced
25. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 7, 2011, 17:56 Chazix

Looks pretty.
But after Farcry 2 I dont really trust Ubisoft to do a good job anymore.
Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Online Interview
2. Re: Ghost Recon Online Interview Jun 4, 2011, 01:21 Chazix

I was playing the original Ghost Recon and its expansions coop today. And I thought how great it would be if there was an online version of this, where you recruited and leveled up your men, and joined with other players to take on missions around the world.

But this game looks like just another generic third person shooter.
Oh well.

News Comments > GameStop Honoring DNF Preorders
16. Re: GameStop Honoring DNF Preorders May 31, 2011, 04:52 Chazix

Hey how nice of them to give customers the product they paid for.
Thats something really special.

News Comments > Carmageddon Countdown
15. Re: Carmageddon Countdown May 21, 2011, 22:38 Chazix

I was sure that TDR stood for "The Death Race 2000"
In-fact I've worked with some of the people who developed it and they always refereed to it as "The death race 2000"

Oh well doesn't matter anyway, it was a shit sequel

News Comments > ARMA 3 Announced
40. Re: ARMA 3 Announced May 20, 2011, 02:04 Chazix

Darks wrote on May 19, 2011, 13:30:
The issues I have with the game are not just the realism, itís the way the stupid AI sees you and kills you in one shot, and they donít ever seem to miss. Sorry, but in real life no one kills you with one shot; they usually will shot at you missing several times before hitting their target. This is especially true when you are shooting at long range.

Not really true though. I've played through the single player campaigns of all of these games and that only happens on very very very rare occasions. And even if they do surprise you and hit you with the first shot they hardly ever kill you with it.
Usually you just get shaky hands have to listen to your dude mumbling "ahh shit dat urrtss" every 20 seconds.

There are plenty of legitimate complaints to be made about Arma. So I dont think you need to over exaggerate or pick on tiny little things like "The M16 shouldn't have full auto!!!"
The games are horribly buggy, the Physics are broken, The command menu is clumsy. Why not complain about these instead?

News Comments > Witcher 2 AU Censorship
12. Re: Witcher 2 AU Censorship May 6, 2011, 18:47 Chazix

Any idea if the publisher are going to lump in NZ with Aus and give us the crappy censored version.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Specs
21. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Specs May 3, 2011, 18:54 Chazix

ventry wrote on May 3, 2011, 18:06:
Gameplay OVER GFX EVERY single time.
I couldn't care less if the gfx were DX8 as long as the game was fun to play.
Grow up you spoiled brats.

Yawn

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interview
53. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Interview Apr 26, 2011, 13:34 Chazix

Ruffiana wrote on Apr 25, 2011, 19:55:
. Smacking these digital whores on the fanny

Haha, This made me audibly gasp, then I remembered that in America "fanny" only means your butt.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer
11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Mar 25, 2011, 16:26 Chazix

Looks like its going to be one of those games where the combat is so easy and simplistic that there's no need to bother with the other approaches.  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans
23. Re: Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans Feb 8, 2011, 18:22 Chazix

I wish crytek would do this for Crysis warfare "alternate fire" is hard-coded to the right mouse for some stupid reason.  

News Comments > Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3
21. Re: Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3 Jan 26, 2011, 02:27 Chazix

They should probably post the same warnings on sports. More so since playing sports can lead to actual physical injures or death.
For the sake of consistency of course, not that I have anything against playing sports.
Except for stupid boring rugby.

News Comments > PC Monday Night Combat Delayed 1 Week
3. Re: PC Monday Night Combat Delayed 1 Week Jan 14, 2011, 20:28 Chazix

So, your only supposed to play it on Monday nights?  

News Comments > Microsoft's on PC Kinect Support
1. Re: Microsoft's on PC Kinect Support Jan 8, 2011, 14:07 Chazix

But Microsoft is committed to pc gaming so I'm sure the by "the right time" he means right now.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion
41. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Sells $1 Billion Dec 21, 2010, 17:58 Chazix

Cool, I guess that means Activision will be able to take good care of their developers this year right?  

News Comments > Retailers Versus Steam?
131. Re: Retailers Versus Steam? Nov 12, 2010, 09:33 Chazix

Hmm, The last 2 games I bought retail...
First was a preorder of the Bioshock collectors edition, but on the day "Sorry all the PC copies got smashed and we've sold out of regular editions but we'll have one for you in a week"
And the next was a preorder for the Fallout 3 collectors edition. Only on the day they didn't have enough PC copies and tired to sell me the 360 version instead, they also wanted to bump up the price an extra $40.
Oh and then there was the time Eb wanted to charge me $110 for a secondhand copy of Condemned in a cracked case with no cover.

I think I'll stick with Steam, Gog etc whenever possible.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops
74. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 10, 2010, 03:48 Chazix

Jerykk wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 03:33:
At this point, I really don't understand all the hype. CoD is basically the Madden of shooters. The gameplay has remain unchanged for the past nine years (I'm including MoH:AA). Sure, the games are very slick and polished but that's pretty superficial praise when the core gameplay is so shallow and stale. Hopefully people will start getting tired of the series soon so devs will be forced to try something new.

There are a ton of people new to gaming who have never played a Cod game And plenty of people who still enjoy it.
Do you think they should stop making Madden, maybe even stop real games of football, baseball whatever because they are the same games that they were decades ago?
And I certainly wouldn't call MP Cod shallow and stale.

News Comments > IO Interactive Cuts
7. Re: IO Interactive Cuts Oct 31, 2010, 23:30 Chazix

What a great job it is when its natural for you to get made redundant every christmass  

21 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo