Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blaaguuu

Real Name Blaaguuu   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blaaguuu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://ducksoup-gaming.com
Signed On Sep 26, 2010, 04:33
Total Comments 12 (Suspect)
User ID 55965

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > PCGA Interview
2. Re: PCGA Interview Oct 4, 2011, 22:04 Blaaguuu

I was really hoping to see the PCGA do some big, visible stuff, like take the lead in coordinating a PC press conference at E3 each year, to get some exposure for the platform in the biggest trade show in the industry, where for as long as I can remember it has been 99% about the consoles.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage
8. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 16:59 Blaaguuu

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 15:55:
I got to the skills description and just turned it off. Duke Nukem was fine back in the day, but did the naming of skills have to rub off on Borderlands?

Did you completely miss the constant pop-culture references in the first game? If you don't like that, fine, but it is in keeping with the style of the first game.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage
4. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 15:20 Blaaguuu

I think it looks to be shaping up nicely. Hopefully that was just a small taste of the new variety of enemies and weapons.

I think it is silly to criticize the art direction based on a blurry, low-res shaky-cam video... Maybe you will be right in the end, but you can't really tell from this video.

God forbid the developers put extra time into unique events that give you a quick break from running around, trying to shoot things in their head, and might leave a lasting impression... What are they thinking?

I'm sure he was exaggerating with the "that is all playable space" comment... I would expect that all of that area is a few spaces that have to be loaded into separately, and some of the further off background is just background... but I doubt he was trying to deceive you into pre-ordering the game with that little comment...

News Comments > Homefront Specs and Campaign Length
5. Re: Homefront Specs and Campaign Length Jan 24, 2011, 21:17 Blaaguuu

6-8 hours is just right for me, especially for an FPS. I don't have time to play a bunch of 12+ hour games.  

News Comments > Battle for Freedom Demo [Updated]
7. Re: Battle for Freedom Demo Jan 4, 2011, 20:57 Blaaguuu

Yeah, after running the 'demo', I immediately scanned the files with AVG, and it came up with nothing... But I still wouldn't recommend anyone else try it.  

3. Re: Battle for Freedom Demo Jan 4, 2011, 20:32 Blaaguuu

Well, I took the bait and downloaded the demo... This appears to all be a somewhat elaborate joke... here are a few screenshots of the demo:

http://ultiguuu.com/misc/screens/BFF_01.jpg
http://ultiguuu.com/misc/screens/BFF_02.jpg
http://ultiguuu.com/misc/screens/BFF_03.jpg

What sorta surprises me is that neither AtomicGamer or GamersHell appears to screen the files at all before releasing them.

It looks like most of the art assets are stolen from other games, or random photos, the sound effects are just someone saying "pow pow", and it takes about 10 minutes to actually load the game...

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2011, 20:42.

1. Re: Battle for Freedom Demo Jan 4, 2011, 20:03 Blaaguuu

Do they expect anyone to pay attention to this, when it appears all they have posted about it is a little blurb about the basic gameplay mechanic, and one blurry, low-res screenshot?  

News Comments > SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status
16. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 19:59 Blaaguuu

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 10:41:
A shame it's Gearbox who's involved.

Have you played the Brothers In Arms games? After playing Hell's Highway, then hearing that Gearbox was making an Aliens game shortly thereafter, I was incredibly excited. Borderlands is irrelevant.

At Gearbox's panel at this years PAX, they didn't outright say much about Colonial Marines, since it is a licensed property, and they don't have the last say for what can be revealed, and when... But it sounded like it will be their next big release after finishing up Duke Nukem. Then another Brothers In Arms is likely to follow.

News Comments > Project Offset and fractiv Update
3. Re: Project Offset and fractiv Update Dec 17, 2010, 13:17 Blaaguuu

Isn't the game FireFall using the Offset Engine? It makes Intel come off as even bigger jackasses when they cease development on the engine, but keep licensing it. I guess it makes sense for them to try to make back a little bit of the money that they lost on the project.  

News Comments > New UDK Beta & Unreal Engine 3 Trailer
11. Re: New UDK Beta & Unreal Engine 3 Trailer Nov 24, 2010, 22:17 Blaaguuu

Wow... so much hate for Unreal in here...

It's far from perfect, but I find it to be a pretty solid engine with great tools, and a lot of potential, that unfortunately only a few studios have really managed to fully utilize. At this point though, I am more interested in some of the independent UDK projects out there than any big budget titles being developed with the engine.

News Comments > Homefront in March
3. Re: Homefront in March Nov 18, 2010, 01:11 Blaaguuu

Homefront has me rather intrigued, but I am far from sold on it yet. And with that release date, it may be competing with Brink for my attention, which is gonna be a tough battle.  

News Comments > Respawn's Game is Multiplatform
4. Re: Respawn's Game is Multiplatform Sep 26, 2010, 00:34 Blaaguuu

I never had any interest in the CoD games, but I certainly wont hold that against them if they make something interesting, and take the PC version seriously. I'm not holding my breath waiting for an announcement of what their game will be, since it is still a long ways off, but I am certainly curious to see what they end up doing.  

12 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo