Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TheBheaSystem

Real Name TheBheaSystem   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 23, 2010, 15:13
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 55962

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Cryptic's Top Secret Project
6. Re: Cryptic's Top Secret Project Jan 13, 2011, 13:12 TheBheaSystem

One must wonder if the capitalization of "Top Secret" was not an intentional hint.

I refer, of course, to this:
Top Secret

Of course, this IP is owned by Hasbro via Wizards of the Coast, but Atari is known to license from them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 12, 2010, 10:27 TheBheaSystem

I went SLI with 8800 GTS 512s around the time they first came out so I have gotten plenty of first-hand experience with SLI readiness. There were a ton of problems when I first got that setup. Multi-monitor required disabling SLI (eventually remedied but only for two monitors, I had to dump my third), game compatibility was usually late or incomplete (although coming from ATI, having to install/uninstall/reinstall drivers all the time was nothing new), and of course the usual teething problems of a new nvidia chipset (like video codecs randomly crashing until several BIOS updates in).

Now, however, I only have minimal problems, mostly with new game support on lesser known titles. Performance is pretty excellent for what it is, certainly the results I have seen from Crossfire are not up to snuff in that regard. I do love the HD 4870 in my secondary machine, though, and am considering ATI for my next upgrade, but I am really waiting on them to catch up to Nvidia's SLI. Like I said though, Nvidia went from meh to yeh! with SLI in about a year for me, so rule nothing out.

News Comments > US Army on MoH Taliban Controversy
29. Re: US Army on MoH Taliban Controversy Oct 3, 2010, 00:22 TheBheaSystem

Fang wrote on Oct 2, 2010, 20:15:
I don't know why they didn't try to implement it like America's Army, where no matter what side you played, you were on the US side.

I've been thinking this since Day 1. Of course, I've also said since Day 1 that this was nothing but a publicity stunt, and got booed on several sites for it. I recall specifically that the game makers said that they "never anticipated controversy" stemming from the original arrangement - ha! And yet, this change was "unexpected," especially given how 95% of the argument here (even after the change) is not focused on this fact?

To those getting ready to reply to me, consider this: was there not a post on this very site (recently) stating that "analysts" expected MoH to perform poorly due to lack of advertising (from not "getting the word out")? Then what the heck do you think this whole episode was about? It's amazing to me that people can be so blind - and so easily led into the corral. Welcome to the "new" guerrilla advertising.

News Comments > GOG.com Update
9. Re: GOG.com Update Sep 23, 2010, 11:16 TheBheaSystem

Interesting that they spelled it "newelly," hmm...Valve rumors...Gabe Newell...

Coincidence? I think not!

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo