Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bobbyric

Real Name bobbyric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bobbyric
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 7, 2010, 20:25
Total Comments 56 (Suspect)
User ID 55934

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out Aug 21, 2015, 15:43 bobbyric

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 11:04:
Most of my friends don't like playing against real people, so we run versus AI

I know there's an AI mode but I didn't think people actually used it... Especially for multi. Weird.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 17, 2015, 19:51 bobbyric

Lmao halfway through the episode you hear "Thank you for watching this free preview..." then the sound cuts out and the rest of the 15 minutes plays with absolutely no sound.

#badadvertising

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Aug 3, 2015, 06:26 bobbyric

People obsessed with their religious beliefs can still make the time to play video games.

See: most atheists.

You're saying most atheists play video games....? Whaaaa.....?

I'm not a christian but I'm editing a Christian feature film (editing features is just what I do as a career, I just cut what my director friends film :P) but this movie is all about how aggressive atheists are against Christians... Like... That's not reality. I've met maybe 1 atheist my whole life who thought he had to argue with a believer about non-belief. Reality is an overwhelming number who might consider themselves atheists are actually agnostic. They just don't care what others believe. In this movie I'm editing people are like "Keep that bible away from my son!" like it's crystal meth or something. But then that's the kind of movie these producers got hired to make, for Christians who feel persecuted by non-believers. I remember when Christians didn't have to make movies about how they feel they are the minority. Well... that's a lot of digression, but still: non-believers generally don't care what believers think.

But believers sure do get inventive when it comes to spreading their own belief, see this very same website we're discussing (a survey, REALLY??)

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Aug 3, 2015, 03:08 bobbyric

you have to answer a questionaire to even read the article? wtf is that bull$@#*?  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 27, 2015, 05:59 bobbyric

or it went something like this
Tech: "Oh so this is a localhost IP -"
Universal Manager: "What's that mean?"
Tech: "It's usually a way of identifying a local source coming from an internal-."
Universal Manager: "You mean this means someone here is hosting the file???"
Tech: "Well not exact-"
Universal Manager: "OMG Call everyone, ESPECIALLY the Press! SHUT IT DOWN AND SHUT IT DOWN NOW."
Tech: "Uh sir-"
Universal Manager: "Someone is so fired, SHUT IT DOWN NOW"
Tech: "I'm uh, going for a smoke."

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2015, 06:54.

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
147. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 21:13 bobbyric

jdreyer wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 18:47:
Probably among the most qualified, as there are only a few project leads on the planet that have ever tried anything of this scope, Derek being among them for the past 2+ decades.

You say "of this scope" as if games like Arkham Knight or GTA or Assassin's Creed are not of the same scope. Sure they don't let you "visit planets" and all that crap, but under the hood those action games are @#!)@! huge, beyond the scope of anything Smart has ever done. Large companies just throw 100 plus million dollars at them to make them work. We just haven't had the luxury of getting a space game with the same budget love. (Unless Star Citizen becomes a real game)

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans?
9. Re: Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans? Jul 10, 2015, 18:23 bobbyric

xonar isn't a game, if it's going to use more than 2GB even that's nuts.

from a developer side if you're going to support 64 bit that's extra work because you should also support 32 bit. Although granted if you're charging for hardware or software you'd think that would be incentive to support both. But if Xonar is working just fine with 32 bit - then what's the big deal with "WTF GUYS 32 BITZ OMGZ"?

but 32 bit freeware IRC programs and etc..? who cares?

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2015, 18:30.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans?
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans? Jul 10, 2015, 14:39 bobbyric

descender wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 13:53:
Why is anyone be running the 32bit client on 64bit windows in the first place?

Why not? Most programs and drivers aren't going to utilize more than 4gb of RAM. So 64 bit is absolutely meaningless except for the biggest memory hogs

News Comments > Into the Stars Early Access
16. Re: Into the Stars Early Access Jul 9, 2015, 23:24 bobbyric

jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 16:30:

As someone who hates 8-bit graphics, I can say this is one of the best space games of the past decade.

I guess this is semantics but I wouldn't call FTL a "Space" game. Eve/X/Freelancer/Space Rangers and Into the Stars sure. But FTL's exploration and ship combat is more like a series of conflicts placed in front of you, it's more simulation and roguelike than it is a "space" game.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
27. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 9, 2015, 23:16 bobbyric

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 21:58:
I don't despise Smart like many of you here do

I'm not sure i'd say most people here "despise" smart. It's just a lot of Bluesnews commenters have been reading here as long as Smart has been publishing games - I can't remember anything Smart's ever written or said that doesn't make the average human being stop and go "Uhh... What?"

It's funny to comment on because it's always the same with him.

21. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 9, 2015, 17:46 bobbyric

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 14:29:
Well he would have made something niche and probably even playable at the very least Because as he himself said.. current technology, current art pipelines.. they do not allow vast open-world space simulations with planet landings, first person shooting, real-time boarding and all that crap.

Tell that to No Man's Sky which does all that - sans ship boarding, which it could do if it really wanted to add another feature but is certainly within technology and "art pipelines". Proper level streaming makes all that happen without any real load screens. Not only that, No Man's Sky is entirely procedural. It just takes some forward thinking programming and design. And while Derek Smart has shown a lot of vision in his work, his way of approaching game design and programming has always been unwieldly at best. Best not to judge the man though, because to hear him say it he has more experience and knowledge than anyone in the industry

In fact Star Citizen is likely to do all these things worse than say No Man's Sky or Rockstar could because as far as I can tell, it's being pieced together by different contracted companies that are not really communicating in terms of technology. But that's just conjecture on my part. I guess if huge games like Assassin's Creed can juggle multiple contractors, so can Star Citizen except Roberts doesn't have any experience on projects of that scope.........

9. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 9, 2015, 11:46 bobbyric

Not sure i'd call it narcicism but i could only make it through so much until he started talking about all the research he's done and how he's a thorough guy so he's right about all these things... I can't try this hard boys. I didn't stick around to hear him say 'if i was given that money..." But you can hear the envy  

News Comments > CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Trailer
6. Re: CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Trailer Jul 6, 2015, 18:18 bobbyric

Make that 3 owners that haven't played it yet... I'm getting around to it... i AM!!  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 15:35 bobbyric

derek smart. Visionary? Yes? But he can't help but make everything about himself. IE Derek Smart wants to blog about Star Citizen but insteads writes 14 page essay about why we should have given him the money instead.

Of course what he's really written is a 14 page essay of why we shouldn't.

I have no doubt he would have spent the money wiser, but i also believe he would have restarted game development 20 times trying to perfect his vision. And fired and pissed off half his employees over it's lifetime in personality conflicts. Some geniuses are just like that.

Anyone remember that big budget MMO he was hired to save from a flaming death? I don't.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations Jul 3, 2015, 11:26 bobbyric

maphacking isn't as big a deal in a game like this. I can see how it might be overpowered for a few certain heroes but 50% of the time you can give a good guess who is moving/rotating where.

I'd say the shadiest thing is how this guy was able to compile a full game's worth of map-hackable opportunities where nova was able to skillshot people in fog of war, like people hearthing within running range.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2015, 11:37.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 10:17 bobbyric

Yeah that has been my problem with GTA the last few games, I can't stand all the pointless #(!@!@ing driving. Bores the hell out of me  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out
25. Re: Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out Jun 30, 2015, 06:49 bobbyric

Slick wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 18:31:
good luck retraining your thumbs to not need to add force. pressing on something that doesn't give will destroy your thumbs! mark my words!

Slick that's the whole point of the controller - the touchpads have haptic resistance that are supposed to change the way our thumbs interpret the gamespace. At least, that's how they sell it.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jun 28, 2015, 03:18 bobbyric

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 03:59:
io9 is fucking awesome!

io9 is pretty good. have to say I always enjoy their coverage.

kotaku on the other hand is trash, their articles are just plain juvenile and even their 'news' posts are incomplete and not very informative, you'd think all their articles are written by pimply teenagers.

in that article he faults pre-orders for the current state of buggy big release games. But that's not the truth, the truth is these big budget games are simply 'too big' for their own good and and being made by too many people and studios at once. before online pre-orders we simply didn't have games this big. On top of that consoles being online has affected release dates. release it now, patch it later. just another example of kotaku being uninformative and just stupid.

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2015, 03:25.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 24, 2015, 00:22 bobbyric

saluk wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 21:29:

You mean Deus Ex 4?

You're the only one calling it that. People call what you probably call "Deus Ex 3" Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Reboots, not sequels.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2015, 20:09 bobbyric

Like Spector and even Palmer Luckey says, VR will be pushed by gamers but in the end gaming will be a tertiary use for it. I don't think it has anything to do with 'looking stupid', it has to do with the fact that VR is immersive to the point of actually being stressful - and we play games to relieve stress.  

56 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo