Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bobbyric

Real Name bobbyric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bobbyric
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 7, 2010, 20:25
Total Comments 42 (Suspect)
User ID 55934

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations Jul 3, 2015, 11:26 bobbyric

maphacking isn't as big a deal in a game like this. I can see how it might be overpowered for a few certain heroes but 50% of the time you can give a good guess who is moving/rotating where.

I'd say the shadiest thing is how this guy was able to compile a full game's worth of map-hackable opportunities where nova was able to skillshot people in fog of war, like people hearthing within running range.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2015, 11:37.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 10:17 bobbyric

Yeah that has been my problem with GTA the last few games, I can't stand all the pointless #(!@!@ing driving. Bores the hell out of me  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out
25. Re: Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out Jun 30, 2015, 06:49 bobbyric

Slick wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 18:31:
good luck retraining your thumbs to not need to add force. pressing on something that doesn't give will destroy your thumbs! mark my words!

Slick that's the whole point of the controller - the touchpads have haptic resistance that are supposed to change the way our thumbs interpret the gamespace. At least, that's how they sell it.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jun 28, 2015, 03:18 bobbyric

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 03:59:
io9 is fucking awesome!

io9 is pretty good. have to say I always enjoy their coverage.

kotaku on the other hand is trash, their articles are just plain juvenile and even their 'news' posts are incomplete and not very informative, you'd think all their articles are written by pimply teenagers.

in that article he faults pre-orders for the current state of buggy big release games. But that's not the truth, the truth is these big budget games are simply 'too big' for their own good and and being made by too many people and studios at once. before online pre-orders we simply didn't have games this big. On top of that consoles being online has affected release dates. release it now, patch it later. just another example of kotaku being uninformative and just stupid.

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2015, 03:25.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 24, 2015, 00:22 bobbyric

saluk wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 21:29:

You mean Deus Ex 4?

You're the only one calling it that. People call what you probably call "Deus Ex 3" Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Reboots, not sequels.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2015, 20:09 bobbyric

Like Spector and even Palmer Luckey says, VR will be pushed by gamers but in the end gaming will be a tertiary use for it. I don't think it has anything to do with 'looking stupid', it has to do with the fact that VR is immersive to the point of actually being stressful - and we play games to relieve stress.  

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
16. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 19:06 bobbyric

Have to agree with the others, Sunset is still a bit Avant Garde. They don't call people starving artists for nothing... Although I doubt this will be their last game, game dev seems to be in their blood and they've been an aspiring indie company since for over the last decade  

News Comments > Anna's Quest Next Month
1. Re: Anna's Quest Next Month Jun 20, 2015, 05:52 bobbyric

Threw up in my mouth a little reading that description... Then I watched the video and seriously, doesn't look at all like the item-finding game out sounds like. Get some better writers, yo.  

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
6. Re: DAYZ Creator Announces ION Jun 15, 2015, 17:22 bobbyric

If this game is what I think it sounds like... Omg, i want so bad...  

News Comments > Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian
29. Re: Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian Jun 9, 2015, 16:45 bobbyric

jdreyer wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 16:37:

Not a good career move, as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher always ends up fired, jailed, or dead.

I think that's the joke

News Comments > Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian
28. Re: Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian Jun 9, 2015, 16:41 bobbyric

Suppa7 wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 16:22:

I was never a big fan of ie games, they always had crap combat systems and everything was super casual.

Crap combat? If I'm wearing nostalgia glasses then you're wearing glasses of a very special kind. The combat got so refined in BG2 that they created two games solely dedicated to MOSTLY combat (icewind dales).

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jun 9, 2015, 00:56 bobbyric

I don't understand how you think GTA is shady just because of it's insurance. You're buying from an unverified seller, it's not a store it's ebay-enhanced. The insurance policy is actually pretty genius from a business standpoint not only does it give them more revenue but it protects the buyer, if you choose to use it. Without some kind of insurance policy getting people their keys without risk would be a huge issue, you'd need a verified seller system or a free for all system, and the keys sell for as low as they do because the unverified system allows more keys in the pool. Think you can do better? Then create your own startup  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Hatred
13. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 1, 2015, 22:41 bobbyric

Sounds a lot like Grand Theft Auto...  

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
19. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 13:13 bobbyric

I'll venture to guess either a Pathfinder RPG or some quite obscure RPG from the old days. I doubt it's Anachronox (not popular) and the D&D franchise would just be a nightmare (why do you figure Bioware stopped working with wizards of the coast)  

News Comments > etc.
31. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2014, 01:19 bobbyric

Redmask wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 21:31:
Oh please, go read some of her tweets, she antagonizes people on purpose and brags about ruining careers.

This is my first time hearing about this chick and her troubles, but according to her presentation she says a lot of her "tweets" are falsified photoshops reposted by aggressors. Actually going to her twitter, you can't see her tweets unless you're a follower of her, of which there's only about 3,000

News Comments > Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans
9. Re: Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans Aug 16, 2011, 12:35 bobbyric

So they haven't increased their developing team but they have 5 games in the works...

I see Iphone games in our future.

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
15. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 16:59 bobbyric

Based on what I've seen this game is worth $5-$10 for me. If it's worth $25 to someone else fantastic. If it's worth $50 to people then launch should go very well for relic. I am hopeful that the MP will be much more fun that I realize and that the campaign will be satisfying but I have to play defense on all the games I buy because so many game companies are out to screw me out of my dollars.

So a game that took 10+ million dollars and years to produce should cost $10 a pop. Genius economics right there bro. Go pirate the game and feel justified about yourself.

Easily a $50 buy for me and I'm not exactly the biggest warhammer fan but it looks fun as hell.

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
5. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 12:55 bobbyric

I don't know, it looks like Gears of War with a Warhammer 40k skin based on the limited gameplay footage I've seen. Is that accurate?

No it's more like God of War with a Warhammer 40k skin.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeons of Dredmor
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeons of Dredmor Jul 14, 2011, 12:14 bobbyric

First time I've ever seen this screen in a video game...: "Congratulations! You Have Died!"  

News Comments > EVE Online Incarna Launches
12. Re: EVE Online Incarna Launches Jun 22, 2011, 16:20 bobbyric

So how do interiors improve the game, exactly?

My Eve experience was this:

"Hi I'm a newbie, I need help, why does everyone have a bigger ship?"

"Hi newbie, welcome to our corp, here's a free ship and some mining lasers, go mine some ore and we'll help you get a bigger ship, that's how this game works."

3 days later

"I just realized how much ore it takes to build a bigger ship, I'm going to be afk mining for another week, WTF?"

"Yeah awesome game huh?"

/quit

42 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo