Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bobbyric

Real Name bobbyric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname bobbyric
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 7, 2010, 20:25
Total Comments 27 (Suspect)
User ID 55934

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans
9. Re: Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans Aug 16, 2011, 12:35 bobbyric

So they haven't increased their developing team but they have 5 games in the works...

I see Iphone games in our future.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
15. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 16:59 bobbyric

Based on what I've seen this game is worth $5-$10 for me. If it's worth $25 to someone else fantastic. If it's worth $50 to people then launch should go very well for relic. I am hopeful that the MP will be much more fun that I realize and that the campaign will be satisfying but I have to play defense on all the games I buy because so many game companies are out to screw me out of my dollars.

So a game that took 10+ million dollars and years to produce should cost $10 a pop. Genius economics right there bro. Go pirate the game and feel justified about yourself.

Easily a $50 buy for me and I'm not exactly the biggest warhammer fan but it looks fun as hell.

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
5. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 12:55 bobbyric

I don't know, it looks like Gears of War with a Warhammer 40k skin based on the limited gameplay footage I've seen. Is that accurate?

No it's more like God of War with a Warhammer 40k skin.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeons of Dredmor
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeons of Dredmor Jul 14, 2011, 12:14 bobbyric

First time I've ever seen this screen in a video game...: "Congratulations! You Have Died!"  

News Comments > EVE Online Incarna Launches
12. Re: EVE Online Incarna Launches Jun 22, 2011, 16:20 bobbyric

So how do interiors improve the game, exactly?

My Eve experience was this:

"Hi I'm a newbie, I need help, why does everyone have a bigger ship?"

"Hi newbie, welcome to our corp, here's a free ship and some mining lasers, go mine some ore and we'll help you get a bigger ship, that's how this game works."

3 days later

"I just realized how much ore it takes to build a bigger ship, I'm going to be afk mining for another week, WTF?"

"Yeah awesome game huh?"

/quit

News Comments > Eurogamer Blacklisted By 2K?
24. Re: Eurogamer Blacklisted By 2K? Jun 16, 2011, 18:50 bobbyric

Blacklisting is supposed to be used so you don't get crap scores for your games...

Wait... DNF already got crap scores across the board, blackmail is broken! And yet they try...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Alice: Madness Returns
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Alice: Madness Returns Jun 15, 2011, 16:03 bobbyric

30 posts and not a single impression of the game... Right...  

News Comments > PC Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale This Week
6. Re: PC Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale This Week May 23, 2011, 16:34 bobbyric

Anyone remember D&D: Demon Stone? It was basically like the movie-based Lord of the Rings action games. Truly fun, but also truly short. Damn good game imo, maybe shallow, but still good, like a linear Dynasty Warriors. If they can give me more of that I'll gladly buy it.  

News Comments > Chris Avellone on Choices and Consequences
3. Re: Chris Avellone on Choices and Consequences May 16, 2011, 12:52 bobbyric

I've finally been betting through Dragon Age 1 and on the surface it feels like a 3D baldurs gate, but after 30+ hours I'm starting to realize the choices and consequences only come with about two options, Yes, or no, or i'll come back later. "My brother stole my family heirloom can you get it back for me?" Yes, no, or come back later. If this was an Avellone game I'd have the option to seek out the culprit but then agree to kill the original brother instead, or kill them both, or not bothering returning the heirloom because it's worth something. Sad thing happening to Bioware.  

News Comments > Eden Games on Strike
3. Re: Eden Games on Strike May 11, 2011, 12:15 bobbyric

They've never met their CEO? now that is pretty harsh. A CEO is supposed to be their leader... They appear to have justification to be up in arms.  

News Comments > Valve on Episodes
10. Re: Valve on Episodes May 9, 2011, 14:51 bobbyric

It seems to me he has Valve's version of DOTA on the mind. Heroes of Newerth releases a free new hero every few weeks and they have a light microtransaction system for alt avatars and stuff, Valve is probably looking to do something similar with DOTA and future games.  

News Comments > Volition Founder Departing
4. Re: Volition Founder Departing Apr 28, 2011, 16:38 bobbyric

"My greatest regret was not making a Freespace 3." oh what he didn't say that? well we're all thinking it!

I loved Volition until Saints Row... We don't need more GTA, we need more space sims.

News Comments > Mass Effect Interview
11. Re: Mass Effect Interview Apr 28, 2011, 12:44 bobbyric

It's fun to dream... but sadly this always turns out to be Peter Molyneaux syndrome, hinting at awesome things that basically equal some pretty normal things we've seen before.

6. Re: Mass Effect Interview Apr 27, 2011, 18:21 bobbyric

I would be surprised... If I could remember. Don't get me wrong, I love all biowaregames, ME especially.

But I don't even remember what this Rachni queen thing is that you speak of.

Choices and people you meet in a game just don't have the same effect as the real ones, although Bioware does a good job of trying, I'd rather the game have 15% more content than influence something I can't remember from 3 years ago.

2. Re: Mass Effect Interview Apr 27, 2011, 14:14 bobbyric

well that quote is skewed a little on context, he's not saying there's never going to another game of this scope. he's saying there's never going to be a game that carries your personal choices between 3 different 30+ hour games.

honestly they went overboard, I could hardly remember my choices in MS1 I'd get ship e-mails and meet characters from MS1 and I was like "Did I do that? Do I know you? what?" The only two big decisions that seemed to matter was krogran, love interest, and ending... But the ending you chose really didn't matter.

News Comments > Jurassic Park Trailer
5. Re: Jurassic Park Trailer Mar 29, 2011, 23:22 bobbyric

Why don't they ever show gameplay? GAMEPLAY show us game-play or no buy? k? thanks  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Sims Medieval
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims Medieval Mar 22, 2011, 20:34 bobbyric

It's downloading an update so i haven't played it yet.

But the .net stuff it installed took FOREVER. It didn't even ask me if i wanted to install .net

Oh, and it asks you if EA can track all your gameplay (automatically checked, of course)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money Feb 22, 2011, 00:58 bobbyric

So... they got an expansion... but did they fix the bugs?  

News Comments > A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer
7. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 14:32 bobbyric

Looks like a game that was already in development then they somehow landed the rights to "A Song of Ice and Fire"

Interesting how the series is now being known as "A Game of Thrones", it is catchier.

Although in his series dragons are extinct, so this either takes place way before the book series or after Daeny's dragons are all grown up. (He hasn't even written that far into the series yet)

News Comments > Black Swan Composer Scoring Mass Effect 3
18. Re: Black Swan Composer Scoring Mass Effect 3 Feb 11, 2011, 15:55 bobbyric

Thank God... I like most of Jack Wall's music. Mass Effect 1 music was great. But seriously, Mass Effect 2? Totally phoned in, nothing memorable at all.  

27 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo